PDA

View Full Version : John McCain's Concession Speech...

revefsreleets
11-05-2008, 08:23 AM
I've seen some abysmal behaviour from a lot of people on this board during this election, but probably the most deplorable displays were the sullying and tarnishing of John McCain, dragging a good man through the mud to score points politically. It showed a level of ignorance that will take awhile for me to forget, although not as long to forgive because politics truly brings out the ugliest side of people.

Think you know John McCain? Read his concession speech. To those who voted for him in good faith knowing he's a true patriot this is not going to be news. Even if you don't agree with everything he stands for, the man is a true public servant who loves his country deeply and genuinely places doing what he thinks is best for it as his highest order of business. This transcends politics and is the real reason he's able to reach across the aisle to accomplish what he believes is right, regardless of what his parties position might be. If you didn't vote for him, for whatever reason, fine and that's your right, but if you were part of the political lynching of a good man that took place on these forums, this speech is for you. THIS is the real John McCain. It has been my honor to defend and support my candidate on these boards for the last two years.

Thank you. Thank you, my friends. Thank you for coming here on this beautiful Arizona evening.
My friends, we have -- we have come to the end of a long journey. The American people have spoken, and they have spoken clearly.
A little while ago, I had the honor of calling Senator Barack Obama to congratulate him.
To congratulate him on being elected the next president of the country that we both love.
In a contest as long and difficult as this campaign has been, his success alone commands my respect for his ability and perseverance. But that he managed to do so by inspiring the hopes of so many millions of Americans who had once wrongly believed that they had little at stake or little influence in the election of an American president is something I deeply admire and commend him for achieving.
This is an historic election, and I recognize the special significance it has for African-Americans and for the special pride that must be theirs tonight.
I've always believed that America offers opportunities to all who have the industry and will to seize it. Senator Obama believes that, too.
But we both recognize that, though we have come a long way from the old injustices that once stained our nation's reputation and denied some Americans the full blessings of American citizenship, the memory of them still had the power to wound.
A century ago, President Theodore Roosevelt's invitation of Booker T. Washington to dine at the White House was taken as an outrage in many quarters.
America today is a world away from the cruel and frightful bigotry of that time. There is no better evidence of this than the election of an African-American to the presidency of the United States.
Let there be no reason now ... Let there be no reason now for any American to fail to cherish their citizenship in this, the greatest nation on Earth.
Senator Obama has achieved a great thing for himself and for his country. I applaud him for it, and offer him my sincere sympathy that his beloved grandmother did not live to see this day. Though our faith assures us she is at rest in the presence of her creator and so very proud of the good man she helped raise.
Senator Obama and I have had and argued our differences, and he has prevailed. No doubt many of those differences remain.
These are difficult times for our country. And I pledge to him tonight to do all in my power to help him lead us through the many challenges we face.

I urge all Americans ... I urge all Americans who supported me to join me in not just congratulating him, but offering our next president our good will and earnest effort to find ways to come together to find the necessary compromises to bridge our differences and help restore our prosperity, defend our security in a dangerous world, and leave our children and grandchildren a stronger, better country than we inherited.

Whatever our differences, we are fellow Americans. And please believe me when I say no association has ever meant more to me than that.
It is natural. It's natural, tonight, to feel some disappointment. But tomorrow, we must move beyond it and work together to get our country moving again.
We fought -- we fought as hard as we could. And though we feel short, the failure is mine, not yours.

I am so deeply grateful to all of you for the great honor of your support and for all you have done for me. I wish the outcome had been different, my friends.

The road was a difficult one from the outset, but your support and friendship never wavered. I cannot adequately express how deeply indebted I am to you.
I'm especially grateful to my wife, Cindy, my children, my dear mother ... my dear mother and all my family, and to the many old and dear friends who have stood by my side through the many ups and downs of this long campaign.
I have always been a fortunate man, and never more so for the love and encouragement you have given me.
You know, campaigns are often harder on a candidate's family than on the candidate, and that's been true in this campaign.
All I can offer in compensation is my love and gratitude and the promise of more peaceful years ahead.
I am also -- I am also, of course, very thankful to Governor Sarah Palin, one of the best campaigners I've ever seen ... one of the best campaigners I have ever seen, and an impressive new voice in our party for reform and the principles that have always been our greatest strength ... her husband Todd and their five beautiful children ... for their tireless dedication to our cause, and the courage and grace they showed in the rough and tumble of a presidential campaign.
We can all look forward with great interest to her future service to Alaska, the Republican Party and our country.
To all my campaign comrades, from Rick Davis and Steve Schmidt and Mark Salter, to every last volunteer who fought so hard and valiantly, month after month, in what at times seemed to be the most challenged campaign in modern times, thank you so much. A lost election will never mean more to me than the privilege of your faith and friendship.
I don't know -- I don't know what more we could have done to try to win this election. I'll leave that to others to determine. Every candidate makes mistakes, and I'm sure I made my share of them. But I won't spend a moment of the future regretting what might have been.
This campaign was and will remain the great honor of my life, and my heart is filled with nothing but gratitude for the experience and to the American people for giving me a fair hearing before deciding that Senator Obama and my old friend Senator Joe Biden should have the honor of leading us for the next four years.

I would not -- I would not be an American worthy of the name should I regret a fate that has allowed me the extraordinary privilege of serving this country for a half a century.
Today, I was a candidate for the highest office in the country I love so much. And tonight, I remain her servant. That is blessing enough for anyone, and I thank the people of Arizona for it.

Tonight -- tonight, more than any night, I hold in my heart nothing but love for this country and for all its citizens, whether they supported me or Senator Obama -- whether they supported me or Senator Obama.
I wish Godspeed to the man who was my former opponent and will be my president. And I call on all Americans, as I have often in this campaign, to not despair of our present difficulties, but to believe, always, in the promise and greatness of America, because nothing is inevitable here.
Americans never quit. We never surrender.
We never hide from history. We make history.
Thank you, and God bless you, and God bless America. Thank you all very much.

Hammer67
11-05-2008, 08:30 AM
A very poignant and honorable concession speech. Although I voted for McCain, I throw my support behind Obama and hope he can navigate the major issues facing the country. Let's hope all the talk of change leads us in the right direction and not the wrong one.

xfl2001fan
11-05-2008, 08:31 AM
And that's why he had my vote!

Leftoverhard
11-05-2008, 08:58 AM
I thought McCain's speech was a perfect measure of the man he is - very honorable. I know that 99 percent of my time on this locker room forum has been spent defending Obama, not denigrating McCain.

Godfather
11-05-2008, 09:09 AM
McCain is a great American and it is a tremendous loss for our country to not have him as POTUS.

As far as despicable campaign tactics are concerned, the slanderous drumbeat against Palin was worse in this campaign, and what W did to McCain in 2000 is far worse than anything that was done this year.

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-05-2008, 09:11 AM
A very poignant and honorable concession speech. Although I voted for McCain, I throw my support behind Obama and hope he can navigate the major issues facing the country. Let's hope all the talk of change leads us in the right direction and not the wrong one.

As I was telling Steelduck....I have already talked to my kids about giving Obama the respect deserving a person who is the President of theUnited States...I may not agree with his policies but while he is President I will not, nor will my family put their own interests above that of this country...Thats not what I served for as a member of the military...

To undermind the President...or to undermind the Military goes against everything that I believe in...

....I have actually got to know alot of the people on the other side of the aisle during this debate and appreciate the honest answers from people who where willing to debate instead of throw crap ..just to see what would stick.

I hope the country can come together now and everyone can be "grown-ups" (though I have little hope for a few)...and we can all get back to being a family in this forum again!!!:thumbsup:

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-05-2008, 09:17 AM
Yeah, it was a great heartfelt speech. The greatest concession speech in the history of politics.

CantStop85
11-05-2008, 09:36 AM
I do agree that McCain loves his country and would be willing to do anything in order to help his country. He's no doubt a true patriot. I agreed with pretty much all of what he wanted to accomplish, but I just didn't agree with the ways by which he planned to accomplish these things. That's why I voted for Obama.

But best of luck to McCain in the future...had he been elected instead, he would have had my full support.

Leftoverhard
11-05-2008, 09:51 AM
LLT - You have my sincere respect (whatever that's worth) for your amazing post.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
11-05-2008, 10:03 AM
It was a great Concession speach!

Leftoverhard
11-05-2008, 10:13 AM
Yeah, it was a great heartfelt speech. The greatest concession speech in the history of politics.

Agreed. Even though I've always had a lot of respect for McCain the man, I was taken aback at how sincere and heartfelt his concession speech was.

SCSTILLER
11-05-2008, 11:23 AM
Great, heartfelt concession speech! His love for OUR country is unwavering, and that is why I respect him dearly. He had my vote, and now my support goes to helping our country get back on the right track, no matter who is my president.

Dino 6 Rings
11-05-2008, 12:01 PM
McCain truly is an American Hero.

God Bless America

revefsreleets
11-05-2008, 01:38 PM
Yup, I want to very publicly state that although I'm dispaointed and flat out scared to death for our country right now, we are in far too dangerous of a position to fail right now, so Obama has my 100% support to get this ship righted.

For my fellow Republicans, the best thing we can do now is not emulate the behaviour of some of the cretins from the far left, like the Nancy Pelosi's and Michael Moore's who would exploit troubling crisis' and literally "wish for failure" to advance their own cause. We have to be above that. Figure out who we are again, and get that message out to the American people.

We are off our game, not out of it. Obama had a campaign chest of 650 million dollars to McCain's 84 mil. Positive press coverage was in favor of Obama 65% to 35%. Obama was handled with kid gloves, and McCain and, in particular, Sarah Palin were brutalized in the press. The economic collapse turned everyone's attention from McCain's strength (Foreign Affairs/Iraq) towards his weakness (Economics). Despite all this, McCain only lost the popular vote 62 mil to 55...a mere 7,000,000 people.

Let's get this mess fixed together, and worry about 2012 after that. There's a lot of hard work to do in the near term.

HometownGal
11-05-2008, 01:39 PM
McCain truly is an American Hero.

God Bless America

Can't say it any better than that. :thumbsup: I feel truly blessed that I supported such a genuinely good and honorable GENTLEMAN. I wish J-Mac all the best in his remaining years in the Senate and have no doubt this warrior who loves his country so passionately will keep fightin' the good fight! :applaudit::hatsoff:

Steel Duck
11-05-2008, 01:52 PM
As I was telling Steelduck....I have already talked to my kids about giving Obama the respect deserving a person who is the President of theUnited States...I may not agree with his policies but while he is President I will not, nor will my family put their own interests above that of this country...Thats not what I served for as a member of the military...

To undermind the President...or to undermind the Military goes against everything that I believe in...

....I have actually got to know alot of the people on the other side of the aisle during this debate and appreciate the honest answers from people who where willing to debate instead of throw crap ..just to see what would stick.

I hope the country can come together now and everyone can be "grown-ups" (though I have little hope for a few)...and we can all get back to being a family in this forum again!!!:thumbsup:

As I said to you in a private message, I will say here as well...
I find you to be an exceptional human being! :thumbsup::applaudit::hug:

Edman
11-05-2008, 02:27 PM
Mucho respect for Senator McCain. Too bad he wasn't allowed to be himself during this campaign. He said all the right things. Work with Obama and make this country awesome again. It doesn't have to end here for him and Palin.

I was wrong about him, big time.

Steel Duck
11-05-2008, 02:35 PM
John McCain last night, was the man we all fell in love with in 2000. I wish we had seen him during the campaign.
One things for sure Rick Davis is no Carl Rove! ( I detest Rove, but even I have to admit he is a genius!!!!)

CanadianSteel
11-05-2008, 02:53 PM
Saw Mcain'sspeech here up North and must say I was very impressed. On some talk radio today they were hinting that possibly this is the genuine John McCain and not necessairly the one we saw during the campaign. He often looked uncomfortable when on the attack and maybe now we see why. Seemed very genuine and happy for Obama and gave a fantastic speech !

Crushzilla
11-05-2008, 03:10 PM
I do agree that McCain loves his country and would be willing to do anything in order to help his country. He's no doubt a true patriot. I agreed with pretty much all of what he wanted to accomplish, but I just didn't agree with the ways by which he planned to accomplish these things. That's why I voted for Obama.

But best of luck to McCain in the future...had he been elected instead, he would have had my full support.

:drink:

Sums up my situation perfectly.

Steel Duck
11-05-2008, 03:14 PM
Saw Mcain'sspeech here up North and must say I was very impressed. On some talk radio today they were hinting that possibly this is the genuine John McCain and not necessairly the one we saw during the campaign. He often looked uncomfortable when on the attack and maybe now we see why. Seemed very genuine and happy for Obama and gave a fantastic speech !

I blame Rick Davis ( McCains campaign manager ) not McCain for the debacle of a campaign he ran. But then comes the question why was this idiot permitted to run the campaign into the ground? Why didn't McCain stand up and say hey! This is not who I am!
I don't know... :noidea: I guess my post is redundant...please ignore....:coffee:

xfl2001fan
11-05-2008, 03:33 PM
I blame Rick Davis ( McCains campaign manager ) not McCain for the debacle of a campaign he ran. But then comes the question why was this idiot permitted to run the campaign into the ground? Why didn't McCain stand up and say hey! This is not who I am!
I don't know... :noidea: I guess my post is redundant...please ignore....:coffee:

Actually those are very valid points. Looking back, he did seem a little more awkward trying to be the aggressor...though it did earn him a few points. He's just from the old school of gentleman politics...and unfortunately didn't stand a chance against the "dirty politics" of the younger generation of politicians.

Obama's camp used his compelling charisma with well placed barbs to bring McCain out of his element. It's very unfortunate. Now we have to deal with a liberal president. :P

GutterflowerSteel
11-05-2008, 05:24 PM
It was a heartfelt, moving speech - eloquently delivered with a rare grace in the hour of his defeat. I watched it live, and it brought tears to my eyes. While all may not have agreed with his policies, there was never any doubt of this good man's convictions. I wish him all the best, and hope that he continues to serve this country as honorably as he has his entire life. There aren't too many like him!

BTW, I've deliberately NOT posted in any of the political threads for my own personal reasons, although I've read everyone's responses with great interest (and some disgust at times :laughing:) I felt moved enough to post this little bit after reading McCain's words again.

*back to political lurkerdom*

NJarhead
11-05-2008, 05:25 PM
It was a heartfelt, moving speech - eloquently delivered with a rare grace in the hour of his defeat. I watched it live, and it brought tears to my eyes. While all may not have agreed with his policies, there was never any doubt of this good man's convictions. I wish him all the best, and hope that he continues to serve this country as honorably as he has his entire life. There aren't too many like him!

BTW, I've deliberately NOT posted in any of the political threads for my own personal reasons, although I've read everyone's responses with great interest (and some disgust at times :laughing:) I felt moved enough to post this little bit after reading McCain's words again.

*back to political lurkerdom*

That's probably because you have more sense than most of the rest of us.

Good post. :drink:

Preacher
11-05-2008, 05:29 PM
John McCain last night, was the man we all fell in love with in 2000. I wish we had seen him during the campaign.
One things for sure Rick Davis is no Carl Rove! ( I detest Rove, but even I have to admit he is a genius!!!!)

That is very similar to how many on the right feel about James Carville. You have to admire genius when you see it.

Havik
11-05-2008, 06:13 PM
Senator McCain showed a lot of class. He has my respect and gratitude, and is a real hero. I just didn't agree with him enough on the issues to vote for him. I wish him the best of luck.

Preacher
11-05-2008, 06:31 PM
Senator McCain showed a lot of class. He has my respect and gratitude, and is a real hero. I just didn't agree with him enough on the issues to vote for him. I wish him the best of luck.

If Obama wants to make some REAL inroads with the middle (don't forget, just under half the nation voted against Obama, and a good chance there were quite a few protest votes against the Republicans rather than for the dems)....

It would be a wise political move to reach out to McCain to be either Sec. Def, or a Pres. advisor on the military. The right would :rolleyes: But the middle/middle right would love it.

tony hipchest
11-05-2008, 08:05 PM
that was a very moving speech to watch. it showed all the strong, honorable, humble, respectful, appreciative, and admirable qualities of john mccain. its a shame that other than his appearance on SNL, the presidential roast, and his acceptance speech, the campaign didnt allow the real mccain to be highlighted.

i think mccain has been shown lots of respect as not only a hero, but a good politician by both sides on this board.

now on to this-

I've seen some abysmal behaviour from a lot of people on this board during this election, but probably the most deplorable displays were the sullying and tarnishing of John McCain, dragging a good man through the mud to score points politically. It showed a level of ignorance that will take awhile for me to forget, although not as long to forgive because politics truly brings out the ugliest side of people.

that sure takes alot of gall, especially coming from someone who just yesterday was equating obama supporters with jim jones followers by posting a GIANT photo of dozens of human corpses sprawled about the grounds at jonestown. the same person who said an obama win would incite rodney king and watts type riots, with inner cities burning to the ground. :noidea:

thats funny, to bring up "dragging one through the mud" as the most deplorable displays because i never saw anyone suggest mccain was like charles manson or other cult leaders. i cant recall anyone suggesting he was a satanist, athiest or *gasp* islamic. nobody ever said he was pals with the likes of timothy mcveigh or that dude who clung to his guns, david koresh. nobody here ever compared mccain to the creator of communism and the founder of our cold war enemies political philosophy. nobody here ever associated mccain with the 2 most despicable enemies the US has faced in the 21'st century (osama bin laden and sadaam hussein) century based on nothing more than a name.

but yeah, poor mccain :rolleyes:

trying to score points with that lame rhetoric in this thread is what is abysmal.

:coffee:

Hammer Of The GODS
11-05-2008, 08:58 PM
I smell fart!

tony hipchest
11-05-2008, 09:21 PM
I smell fart!

sounds like a personal problem to me. :hunch:

:fart:

Godfather
11-05-2008, 10:23 PM
That's probably because you have more sense than most of the rest of us.

Good post. :drink:

True.

I just couldn't resist because I felt the choice was clear and wanted to do what I could to convince people to vote for McCain. I also felt the need to defend Palin from unfair attacks on her intelligence and character.

Vis
11-06-2008, 06:48 AM
True.

I just couldn't resist because I felt the choice was clear and wanted to do what I could to convince people to vote for McCain. I also felt the need to defend Palin from unfair attacks on her intelligence and character.

Is it unfair to point out that she thinks Africa is a country and can't name the 3 countries in North America? I think it's a fair attack on her and whatever schools she attended.

SCSTILLER
11-06-2008, 07:41 AM
Is it unfair to point out that she thinks Africa is a country and can't name the 3 countries in North America? I think it's a fair attack on her and whatever schools she attended.

and on that note, Obama thought there were 57 states in America, but I guess he gets a free ride on that one, just like alot of things!

Vis
11-06-2008, 07:55 AM
and on that note, Obama thought there were 57 states in America, but I guess he gets a free ride on that one, just like alot of things!

Obama mispoke like McCain did on Iran. Palin really didn't know.

HometownGal
11-06-2008, 08:18 AM

The only difference is - Obama's fubar was a major one because of all of the people who truly believe he is a Muslim. The liberal media almost busted their necks trying to hush that one up.

I believe Palin redeemed herself and her level of intelligence in the debate with Biden. Many liberal media sources and pundits felt she did a helluva job and some even had her as winning that debate.

xfl2001fan
11-06-2008, 08:36 AM

Misspoke? That's a huge gaffe IMO. If there weren't 57 "Muslim States" or if we had states that had joined the union in say...the last 50 years...I can see messing up on this. Obama isn't old enough to remember when we had 47 states...let alone less than 50. We've never had 57.

Regardless, US Geography should trump World Geography for the person who is supposed to lead this Great Nation IMO.

revefsreleets
11-06-2008, 08:46 AM
that was a very moving speech to watch. it showed all the strong, honorable, humble, respectful, appreciative, and admirable qualities of john mccain. its a shame that other than his appearance on SNL, the presidential roast, and his acceptance speech, the campaign didnt allow the real mccain to be highlighted.

i think mccain has been shown lots of respect as not only a hero, but a good politician by both sides on this board.

now on to this-

that sure takes alot of gall, especially coming from someone who just yesterday was equating obama supporters with jim jones followers by posting a GIANT photo of dozens of human corpses sprawled about the grounds at jonestown. the same person who said an obama win would incite rodney king and watts type riots, with inner cities burning to the ground. :noidea:

thats funny, to bring up "dragging one through the mud" as the most deplorable displays because i never saw anyone suggest mccain was like charles manson or other cult leaders. i cant recall anyone suggesting he was a satanist, athiest or *gasp* islamic. nobody ever said he was pals with the likes of timothy mcveigh or that dude who clung to his guns, david koresh. nobody here ever compared mccain to the creator of communism and the founder of our cold war enemies political philosophy. nobody here ever associated mccain with the 2 most despicable enemies the US has faced in the 21'st century (osama bin laden and sadaam hussein) century based on nothing more than a name.

but yeah, poor mccain :rolleyes:

trying to score points with that lame rhetoric in this thread is what is abysmal.

:coffee:

Yep, some of this was directed at you. You were, far and away, the most hateful anti-Palin poster on this board. Truth? Facts? Nah, no time for those...you just spewed hate her way, and there's nothing you can do to take that back.

Posting a picture of Jonestown victims is a reminder WHAT drinking Kool Aid is all about, what can happen when people stop thinking rationally and just react in knee-jerk fashion, what can happen when people stop thinking for themselves. That was a general garment...if you think it was cut to fit you, fine...whatever.

As for the riots, that's a legitimate gripe. Has it not happened before? There was a pro-Obama rally in downtown Akron election night that got out of hand and a guy got shot. It was page 5 news, but it shouldn't have been. Are you suggesting that I was wrong to ask a legitimate question? Have there not been riots in inner-cities after sports teams won championships? And what does that have to do with Barrack Obama? Am I hating on him by asking if his inner city supporters would riot?

Turn that perception that you think is so fine tuned back on yourself. You slunk down the low road for about 90% of this election, and now you think that because your candidate won you are automatically absolved of your past despicable partisan behaviour? I don't think so...

Steel Duck
11-06-2008, 12:42 PM
And here I thought the rhetoric would come to an end since the election is over.... :doh:

xfl2001fan
11-06-2008, 12:45 PM
And here I thought the rhetoric would come to an end since the election is over.... :doh:

Old habits are hard to break. :banging:

tony hipchest
11-06-2008, 02:27 PM
Yep, some of this was directed at you. You were, far and away, the most hateful anti-Palin poster on this board. Truth? Facts? Nah, no time for those...you just spewed hate her way, and there's nothing you can do to take that back.another classic example of deflection and diversion. this thread and your flawed rant were about mccain being drug through the mud here, and since i effectively blew that rediculous claim out of the water, you wanna change it to palin? :busted: i'll get to all the facts and truths in a more appropriate thread later save the main one that i was right about all along, every step of the way backed up by plenty of reasons- palin was the wrong choice and a liability rather than an asset.

and now it just looks like sour grapes on your part because you were wrong. i dont get all this hypersensitivity about sarah. oh, and you wanna talk about hate? you may wanna pull the log out and take a long hard look at your own party before trying to pull splinters out of my eye. :mg:

http://www.newsweek.com/id/167581/page/2

The Obama campaign was provided with reports from the Secret Service showing a sharp and disturbing increase in threats to Obama in September and early October, at the same time that many crowds at Palin rallies became more frenzied. Michelle Obama was shaken by the vituperative crowds and the hot rhetoric from the GOP candidates. "Why would they try to make people hate us?" Michelle asked a top campaign aide. because sarah had no time for "truth or facts", michelle.

MACH1
11-06-2008, 02:43 PM
"Why would they try to make people hate us?" Michelle asked a top campaign aide.

Strange question from someone that hates or is embarrassed to be an American. :rolleyes:

HometownGal
11-06-2008, 02:48 PM
Strange question from someone that hates or is embarrassed to be an American. :rolleyes:

I can't say I disagree there. I think I can "grow" into Obama being President at least for 4 years, but I cannot accept Michelle Obama as a role model to the young women of America as First Lady. She made her own bed with her hateful and unpatriotic comments and now it's time for her to lay in it.

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-06-2008, 02:48 PM
another classic example of deflection and diversion. this thread and your flawed rant were about mccain being drug through the mud here, and since i effectively blew that rediculous claim out of the water, you wanna change it to palin? :busted: i'll get to all the facts and truths in a more appropriate thread later save the main one that i was right about all along, every step of the way backed up by plenty of reasons- palin was the wrong choice and a liability rather than an asset.

and now it just looks like sour grapes on your part because you were wrong. i dont get all this hypersensitivity about sarah. oh, and you wanna talk about hate? you may wanna pull the log out and take a long hard look at your own party before trying to pull splinters out of my eye. :mg:

http://www.newsweek.com/id/167581/page/2

because sarah had no time for "truth or facts", michelle.

You live in a different reality then the rest of this board....You CONSTANTLY claim that you "proved" people wrong but in reality you have offered next to nothing in actual facts.

Your political knowledge is one of the lowest on this board and any one who reads your posts can see they lack any substance at all....but if you keep:

1) Saying that you "proved" others wrong....
2) Ignore guestions ...wait a week...then claim you answered the question
2) Calling anyone who asks for concrete evidence of your "fabricate facts"...a stalker....insane....:blah::blah::blah:
3) telling others that the deflect to hide your lack of intellect...

maybe you can convince yourself that you may someday crawl out of the sewer you have chose to live in over these past few months.

tony hipchest
11-06-2008, 04:19 PM
:yawn: ZZZZZZZZ reading your posts make me sleepy.

but probably the most deplorable displays were the sullying and tarnishing of John McCain, dragging a good man through the mud this is FLAT OUT incorrect/false/wrong, whatever you wanna call it. obama has been the one drug through the mud.

and congrats to you. you contributed a great deal.

you have no business in a political discussion with your hypersensitive, schoolyard like crush with sarah. this is politics, not olympic figure skating. its brutal. especially if youre constantly wearing moose dookie covered glasses and refuse to remove the blinders for a single second.

it must for you suck thinking i know so little about politics when i knew barack was gonna win and i was there every step of the way to point out the mccain camp screw ups that cost him. :dang:

Steel Duck
11-06-2008, 04:48 PM
you have no business in a political discussion with your hypersensitive, schoolyard like crush with sarah. this is politics, not olympic figure skating. its brutal.

Now, hold on one second! Have you ever watched figure skating???? It IS brutal!
I mean I watch figure skating for the same reason I watch NASCAR! The BIG wrecks!! HAHA :laughing:

MACH1
11-06-2008, 04:54 PM
Now, hold on one second! Have you ever watched figure skating???? It IS brutal!
I mean I watch figure skating for the same reason I watch NASCAR! The BIG wrecks!! HAHA :laughing:

Sure you do...:chuckle:

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u257/hash52/612BT2J3EGoL.jpg

HometownGal
11-06-2008, 05:52 PM
Why are we still arguing and spewing such hatred over an election that was decided almost 2 days ago? :doh::banging:

It is what it is, like it or not.

Enough bridges have been burned around here over this election. Who said what, how, where, why, because doesn't change the end result.

It's OVER folks. Time to move on.

revefsreleets
11-06-2008, 06:38 PM
(Sorry Marianne)

Arguing with Tony is like fighting the dreaded Black Knight from Monty Python's Holy Grail.

http://prowardotcom.typepad.com/prowardotcom/images/619_black_knight_1.jpg

He always wins, no matter how bad he loses. That was why it was perfect to pit him against LITP. Both guys actually believe that own their opinions trump actual facts.

King Arthur: We thank thee, Lord, that in thy mercy -
[cut off by the Knight kicking him]
Black Knight: Come on, then.
King Arthur: What?
Black Knight: Have at you!
King Arthur: You are indeed brave, Sir Knight, but the fight is mine!
Black Knight: Oh, had enough, eh?
King Arthur: Look, you stupid bastard. You've got no arms left!
Black Knight: Alright, we'll call it a draw.
King Arthur: Come, Patsy!
Black Knight: Oh, oh I see. Running away, eh?! You yellow bastards! Come back here and take what's coming to you! I'll bite your legs off!!

RunWillieRun
11-06-2008, 06:44 PM
(Sorry Marianne)

He always wins, no matter how bad he loses. That was why it was perfect to pit him against LITP. Both guys actually believe that own their opinions trump actual facts.

:toofunny: Perfectly stated.

Hammer Of The GODS
11-06-2008, 08:15 PM
Why are we still arguing and spewing such hatred over an election that was decided almost 2 days ago? :doh::banging:

It is what it is, like it or not.

Enough bridges have been burned around here over this election. Who said what, how, where, why, because doesn't change the end result.

It's OVER folks. Time to move on.

Marianne, I have TONS of respect for you and one of my favorite things about this board is making you laugh :wink02:. But this guy (tony) has really brought all this on himself. If he would only bring actual facts to his posts instead of pot shots and rhetoric then he would at least get some respect. If he would at least own his ridiculous comments instead of spinning and deflecting everything, then he wouldn't draw so much of our contempt.

I equate his comments to that of a stink pickle! :poop:

Out of respect for you I will try to hold my tongue. Lets hope tony can hold his!

tony hipchest
11-06-2008, 09:02 PM
Out of respect for you I will try to hold my tongue. Lets hope tony can hold his!

:yummy:...:stickout:...:blurp:....:drool:...:lust: ...:yuck:....:flipoff:

:chuckle: nope! i guess not! :flap: