PDA

View Full Version : DeAngelo Hall Released??

SteelersTilIDie
11-05-2008, 09:31 AM
DeAngelo Hall is expected to be released in the coming days...with a thin secondary, would this be a good idea for the steelers to sign him and move mcfadden back to nickelback?? We could maybe release Starks and his 6.9 million dollar salary to free up some space.

http://blogs.nfl.com/category/adam-schefter/

X-Terminator
11-05-2008, 09:35 AM
No.

Next...

devilsdancefloor
11-05-2008, 10:00 AM
He is a poison pill like TO ! hell no his talent doesnt = the headache:twocents: :drink: :burning:

steelpride12
11-05-2008, 10:02 AM
He is a trouble player and we don't need him on our team. Our secondary played lights out Monday night with B-Mac their doing just fine.

The Duke
11-05-2008, 10:07 AM
Hall is the most overated player in the league. Only oakland would give him that ridiculous contract

I expect him to be out of job till at least next year

Plus, starks is needed on the team without marvel smith.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
11-05-2008, 10:15 AM
dont have the money..

fansince'76
11-05-2008, 10:17 AM
NO. He's overrated and overpaid. On top of that, he's got a piss-poor attitude.

Dizzle43
11-05-2008, 10:19 AM
He is not a very good player in my opinion. As much as our corners are put on islands this would not be a good pickup for us.

fansince'76
11-05-2008, 10:20 AM
He is not a very good player in my opinion. As much as our corners are put on islands this would not be a good pickup for us.

Hines beat him like a rented mule - with one shoe, no less. Hines is a lot of things, but a speedster has never been one of them.

HometownGal
11-05-2008, 10:29 AM
Hall is the most overated player in the league. Only oakland would give him that ridiculous contract

Plus, starks is needed on the team without marvel smith.

Tell ya what - I have him on one of my IDP FFL's and he gets me mega points just about every week, so he isn't all that bad as a player obviously.

I don't want him here because of his piss poor attitude. We don't need our locker room infected with his mouth.

cubanstogie
11-05-2008, 10:38 AM
Tell ya what - I have him on one of my IDP FFL's and he gets me mega points just about every week, so he isn't all that bad as a player obviously.

I don't want him here because of his piss poor attitude. We don't need our locker room infected with his mouth.

Exactly, we don't need an infectious disease in our locker room. That is unless it is a great offensive lineman. LOL. Tomlin layed down the law with Holmes with his infraction, I couldn't see the Steelers signing a troubled player. I say Bengals or Cowboys will get him.

STEELtownHAVOX
11-05-2008, 10:39 AM
DeAngelo Hall is expected to be released in the coming days...with a thin secondary, would this be a good idea for the steelers to sign him and move mcfadden back to nickelback?? We could maybe release Starks and his 6.9 million dollar salary to free up some space.

http://blogs.nfl.com/category/adam-schefter/

I agree with the rest of the folks, absolutely not.

SteelMember
11-05-2008, 10:41 AM
If the raiders don't wan't him, what should that tell you? :doh:

The_WARDen
11-05-2008, 10:49 AM
Exactly, we don't need an infectious disease in our locker room. That is unless it is a great offensive lineman. LOL. Tomlin layed down the law with Holmes with his infraction, I couldn't see the Steelers signing a troubled player. I say Bengals or Cowboys will get him.

BINGO! With the secondary issues the Cowgirls are having, look for him to joing the Joneses!

lilyoder6
11-05-2008, 10:54 AM
i could see the boys going after hall since pacman is out and henry is out..... but we don't have the money for him and our secondary is playing just fine...

side note.. who ever said something bout b-mac.. he didn't play monday.. lol

rbryan
11-05-2008, 10:55 AM
Jerry Jones will be all over this.

BTW....even crazy Al knew better than to guarantee more than 8 million of that 70 million contract. This guy is a world class turd with an even worse attitude. Combine that with the fact that he just isn't very good and yeah.........he's a perfect fit for the Cowpies......lol

For every high steppin pick six to da hizzie he gets burned deep 5 times and gives up completions in front of him for another 10. Last time we played him Hines beat him like a rented mule for 3 TD's......lol

RoethlisBURGHer
11-05-2008, 01:36 PM
After a pass play, this dude smells like burnt toast.

He's got a piss poor attitude. He thinks he's Deion Sanders, but he couldn't hold Deion's jock strap.

He's a third string corner at best, but he wants lock-down corner money.

Also, B-Mac is out for a few weeks with a broken arm. I like the Ike/B-Mac starters with Townsend in the nickel. Bringing in the cancer D-Hall would ruin this team.

Why do you think he was released in the first year of a huge contract? He obviously wasn't worth the investment.

STEELtownHAVOX
11-05-2008, 02:03 PM
After a pass play, this dude smells like burnt toast.

He's got a piss poor attitude. He thinks he's Deion Sanders, but he couldn't hold Deion's jock strap.

He's a third string corner at best, but he wants lock-down corner money.

Also, B-Mac is out for a few weeks with a broken arm. I like the Ike/B-Mac starters with Townsend in the nickel. Bringing in the cancer D-Hall would ruin this team.

Why do you think he was released in the first year of a huge contract? He obviously wasn't worth the investment.

Plus Willie Gay is making a name for himself.

Edman
11-05-2008, 02:12 PM
Let him go the Cowpokes so he can rob them blind. Not us. Our Defense is solid enough as it is. Adding Hall would set this Defense back extensively. If the freaking Raiders got rid of him, why should we pick him up?

He's got a sloppy attitude on and off the field, and he's got the coverage skills of a torn up, word down dishrag.

devilsdancefloor
11-05-2008, 02:17 PM

I'd guess the boys since their experiment with adam dont call me pacman jones backfired!

SteelerFanInCA
11-05-2008, 02:23 PM
That dude is a locker room cancer. No way.

Steelman16
11-05-2008, 03:00 PM
But, but, but....he'd look great in B&G! :chuckle:

No, big fat NO! He's overrated, over-hyped, over-paid, and ain't worth a dime of that massive contract Oakland threw at him. He showed his true colors in that last year in Atlanta.

He's a jerk.

Next. :coffee:

KeiselPower99
11-05-2008, 03:32 PM
They are thinking about cutting Javon Walker too. Wanna sign him??? Sarcasm by the way.

CanadianSteel
11-05-2008, 03:44 PM
This is a Cowboy move waiting to happen if he was released. Then they will get praised for mentoring and giving players a second and third chances.....:blah:

lilyoder6
11-05-2008, 03:47 PM
hall is a good corner.. but he is def not worth the contract he got from al.. basically, he got bank from al, and who ever signs him next he'll get more bank to add on for this yr

ChronoCross
11-05-2008, 07:43 PM
kinda reminds me of fa, a thread for picking up a player that is garbage, just like every thread should we pick up this player.. but I agree let him go to the cowboys so that super nate can burn him for yet again another 50 yard bomb when we play them. I always love thousands of pick me up threads..

ytsan2q
11-05-2008, 11:30 PM
I still see images of Hines Ward running away from him with one shoe on.

SunshineMan21
11-05-2008, 11:34 PM
Playing across from a true elite corner like Nnamdi Asomugha has exposed just how bad Hall really is. Just being able to run fast doesn't make you a good corner, and Hall being a jackass doesn't help.

I wouldn't touch him with a ten-foot pole.

adam10
11-06-2008, 12:49 AM
Taylor is a much better corner than him...in fact if old Ike could catch the ball he would be a pro-bowl corner every year, he is almost always in the right spot but he drops a lot of could be picks

Preacher
11-06-2008, 02:17 AM
They are thinking about cutting Javon Walker too. Wanna sign him??? Sarcasm by the way.

Naaa...

but now, if they cut a lineman or two... let's take a look!!!

Rhee Rhee
11-06-2008, 03:38 AM
as some of you may recall, i had man-love for deangelo hall...

but something occured to me watching him this year against the broncos... he was beaten silly by 180 pound rookie WR... and even after that every week he was burned and just bit on fakes so bad you felt bad for him...

don't bring him to pittsburgh... as you all can see william gay is doing a fine job and we could always place deshea at nickel and start gay if need be...

Galax Steeler
11-06-2008, 03:54 AM
We don't need him let him move on to someone else that wants to overpay him.

rbryan
11-06-2008, 07:30 AM
Theres a story on Yahoo this morning about how several of Halls teammates are upset over this. Sounds like things are going to get worse in Oakland before they get better.

They just can't understand how Al could cut "one of thier best players"....."It seems like we're just giving up"......lol

I give Al some credit, he gained back a few points in my book by cutting this turd. Seems like he still has more house cleaning ahead, but this was one hell of a good start.

atlsteelers
11-06-2008, 08:38 AM
screw - MEANGELO - i have posted multiple times about players that should be given another oppurtunities - but not this guy not on our team - he is a supreme head case - who goes after coaches and other players. last week at the falcons game during halftime he had to restrained in the tunnel by teammates becuase he was going after falcon players and coaches. he flipped his head agian.

here is a very edited version of what went on at halftime

Oakland — This was an ugly blast from the past on Sunday along the way to the Falcons’ 24-0 shredding of whatever you call the Raiders these days. There in the tunnel at Oakland-Alameda County Stadium, with everybody else minding their own business as they hustled to their locker rooms at halftime, DeAngelo Hall jawed at everybody in his path.

Call it vintage MeAngelo Hall, the famously mouthy cornerback spending his first season with the Raiders after four years with the Falcons. Despite a few shoves and reprimands from his new teammates along the way in the tunnel, Hall kept swinging his head around to deliver sizzling words to his old teammates.

What was THAT all about?

“I was with [the Oakland players] in there trying to pull him away from arguing, man, because I told him, ‘You’re better than that, be a good person and don’t get caught up in mouth talk,’ ” said Falcons defensive tackle Grady Jackson, recalling Hall’s silliness, with the Falcons roaring toward 453 total yards to the Raiders’ 77.

Hall bolted unseen after the game without comment, but Jackson added from the visitors’ locker room, “I told him at halftime in the tunnel to be a good sportsman and just to keep on playing, man.”

You know, like Hall’s old teammates this season. They are a surprising 5-3, because of a lot of things. To name a few, there is Matt Ryan, the brilliant rookie, who had a passer rating of 138.4 in this one. There is Michael Turner, the brilliant free agent, with his fourth game of rushing for more than 100 yards (139 against the Raiders). There is a clutch defense that features John Abraham, the brilliant veteran, who had three more sacks on Sunday to stay among the NFL leaders with 10.

There also is a Falcons bunch overall that often does what Hall hasn’t during much of his career: Stay focused.

The Detroit Lions are bad, and the Falcons pounded them. The Kansas City Chiefs are bad, and the Falcons pounded them. The Raiders are worse than the Lions and Chiefs, and the Falcons responded accordingly. They were ruthless on offense and defense. In fact, they led 7-0 soon after the game’s opening drive when Michael Jenkins blew past Hall to complete a 37-yard play in the end zone. Jenkins scored again in the second quarter after he was wide open for a 27-yard pass from Ryan for a 21-0 lead at the time.

“Every week in this league, you have to come ready to play,” said Jenkins, who is responding efficiently as the Falcons’ other receiver, with Roddy White as the Falcons’ rising star. “We saw some of the earlier games today, where Kansas City was beating Tampa Bay and Cincinnati was doing well. So you can’t go by a team’s record. Our coaching staff does a great job of letting us know that and of helping us keep that focus every week.”

Such an emphasis didn’t shield the Falcons from blowout losses at Tampa Bay and Carolina. Still, those happened earlier in the year for this youth-dominated team. Afterward, the Falcons beat the Green Bay Packers and the Chicago Bears, both among the NFL’s better teams. They also stayed competitive at always tough Philadelphia, and then they ignored the taunts from Oakland’s Black Hole crazies in the stands to flatten the Raiders.

Said Turner, “We looked at this as a business trip. We just wanted to get the job done and go back home.”

They did. Ask Hall.

If you can find him.

Cape Cod Steel Head
11-06-2008, 08:46 AM
Hello New England?? Shouldn't this be in the NFL Thread?

lilyoder6
11-06-2008, 09:38 AM
the thing i heard was that they went up to hall and asked him if he would re-do his contract... he said no, then the team gave him notice that he was being released...

Hall will be picked up, he is a good corner and better than some starters now around the league.. but the only issue will be his contract and who can afford it

SteelMember
11-06-2008, 10:17 AM
BTW....even crazy Al knew better than to guarantee more than 8 million of that 70 million contract.

I think even our resident "Silver and Black" fan would agree that 8 million for 8 games played isn't a good return for that investment.
(1 million a game)
2 wins, one vs. KC and an OT win vs. the Bretts.
(4 million a win)

Me-Angelo only cares about his own numbers and interceptions and it's proved once again in this recent article.
"As bad as people may think I'm playing, I'm not playing all that bad. I've got about 50 tackles (48), (13) pass breakups, three picks -- one off the league lead -- and I've dropped a lot. I'm feeling good. I think if I get in a scheme that fits me, that will benefit me.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80c410a5&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Steeldude
11-06-2008, 10:39 AM
We could maybe release Starks and his 6.9 million dollar salary to free up some space

yeah, let's cut starks and further deplete the already depleted O-line.

atlsteelers
11-06-2008, 11:26 AM
I think even our resident "Silver and Black" fan would agree that 8 million for 8 games played isn't a good return for that investment.
(1 million a game)
(4 million a win)

Me-Angelo only cares about his own numbers and interceptions and it's proved once again in this recent article.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80c410a5&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

8 million for 8 starts - are you sure the Pittsburg Pirates did not sign this bum?

rbryan
11-06-2008, 11:44 AM
(1 million a game)
(4 million a win)

Signing him to begin with was one of Al's biggest mistakes ever.....no doubt.

I'm just saying that at least he had the sense to cut his losses. This clown was due another 16 million if he came up lame, not to mention the rest of the ridiculous 70 mill deal if they kept him around.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-06-2008, 01:42 PM
I love Al Davis. Its just proof that in America you can do anything you want to.

Problem is I think the alzheimers has made him forget that he just traded for Hall 8 months ago. Oh well......maybe he hires Art Shell as head coach again.

steelreserve
11-06-2008, 02:46 PM

No way, man. The Cowboys are probably working out the details of a contract right now. Duh.

MasterOfPuppets
11-07-2008, 04:32 PM
DeAngelo Hall has found his new team.

The two-time Pro Bowl cornerback signed a one-year deal with the Washington Redskins on Friday, and seems confident he will be in the nation's capital for years to come.

"It's a one-year deal for now, but we'll work something out long-term," Hall told FOXSports.com. "That's why I chose them. I don't want to hit the market in the offseason and have to move my family again this year.

"I really like everybody at the Redskins," Hall added. "Coach Zorn is really cool."

Other suitors for Hall included the Steelers, who were hot for his services for the remainder of the year, and the Patriots, who had also reportedly expressed interest in the 24-year-old Virginia Tech product.

Hall should suit up for Washington's next game, on Nov. 16 against Dallas, The Associated Press reported. The Redskins, who have had injury problems in the secondary, have a bye this week.

The Raiders waived Hall on Wednesday after just eight games in an Oakland uniform. The team gave Hall a $70 million contract in one of its big signings this past offseason, and paid out $8 million of it before Wednesday's move.

Hall told FOXSports.com on Friday that he has no hard feelings toward the Raiders.:8 MILL FOR 8 GAMES.....davis needs locked up in an asylum...coffee:

lilyoder6
11-07-2008, 04:38 PM
wow that was fast for him getting a new deal.. and lil suprised that the steelers were hot for his services...

part of me wanted him since he is a good corner and is only 24 yrs old...

MasterOfPuppets
11-07-2008, 04:55 PM
wow that was fast for him getting a new deal.. and lil suprised that the steelers were hot for his services...

part of me wanted him since he is a good corner and is only 24 yrs old...
if he was a good corner .....he wouldn't be on his 3rd team already ... :wink02:

silver & black
11-07-2008, 05:48 PM
He was burnt 40 times for 550+ yards while he was a Raider. I never liked the signing, and I'm glad he's gone. Highly overrated player, IMO.

silver & black
11-07-2008, 05:50 PM

I can't wait for him to be gone too.

silver & black
11-07-2008, 05:54 PM
Naaa...

but now, if they cut a lineman or two... let's take a look!!!

I hope you are being sarcastic, (I'm sure you are) because the Raiders have the sorriest bunch of bums in the league... on both sides of the ball.

MasterOfPuppets
11-07-2008, 05:56 PM
the raiders will have 50 million in DEAD money counting against the cap next year.....:chuckle:

silver & black
11-07-2008, 05:58 PM
Theres a story on Yahoo this morning about how several of Halls teammates are upset over this. Sounds like things are going to get worse in Oakland before they get better.

They just can't understand how Al could cut "one of thier best players"....."It seems like we're just giving up"......lol

I give Al some credit, he gained back a few points in my book by cutting this turd. Seems like he still has more house cleaning ahead, but this was one hell of a good start.

It's just players sticking up for one of their own. They know he sucks, and deserved to be cut. Robert Thomas was also cut, and soon, Javon Walker... I hope.

Now, if we could just get rid of Rob Ryan and Al Davis. :wink02:

silver & black
11-07-2008, 06:02 PM
(1 million a game)
(4 million a win)

I would indeed.

silver & black
11-07-2008, 06:07 PM
the raiders will have 50 million in DEAD money counting against the cap next year.....:chuckle:

Yeah... there is no end in sight for the misery Raider Nation is in. :sadpace:

lilyoder6
11-07-2008, 07:07 PM
plz.. hall is better than half the starting corners in the league.. who cares about how many teams he has played for.. look at Jerry rice.. the BEST wr in the league and he played for 3 teams...

The Duke
11-07-2008, 07:50 PM
plz.. hall is better than half the starting corners in the league.. who cares about how many teams he has played for.. look at Jerry rice.. the BEST wr in the league and he played for 3 teams...

your logic is WAY OFF

Rice is the best wide receiver EVER

Hall is an average CB at best. gets burned easily despite his great speed, he is just not starting quality and is not a team player

Washington took a gamble with him, but I bet he'll be no more than their #3 CB

lilyoder6
11-07-2008, 09:31 PM
i was just responding to MOP comments.. being on several teams don't rly mean anything...

MasterOfPuppets
11-07-2008, 10:06 PM
i was just responding to MOP comments.. being on several teams don't rly mean anything...it does when you've never been on a team for the lengh of a contract. 3 teams in your first 4 yrs ??? he'll be playing for vet minimum as a nickle back for the next team ,if he don't pan out in washington.

SteelCityMan786
11-07-2008, 10:54 PM
Yeah... there is no end in sight for the misery Raider Nation is in. :sadpace:

Seems as if the pain of Super Bowl XXXVII hasn't left yet.

Don't worry, us Pirates fans have been dealing with losing pain for almost 2 decades.

silver & black
11-08-2008, 06:59 AM
Seems as if the pain of Super Bowl XXXVII hasn't left yet.

Don't worry, us Pirates fans have been dealing with losing pain for almost 2 decades.

After the Superbowl, the first couple of losing seasons were a diappointment. Now, it is full on panic. Raider fans have never experienced anything like this.... we always thought that only teams like the Browns, Cardinals, and Lions were perennial losers. The old saying, "never say never" has new meaning to us.

If this ever gets fixed, I hope I'm long gone from this earth before I ever have to witness anything like this again! :laughing:

warddj86
11-08-2008, 04:13 PM
lmao wow