PDA

View Full Version : chiming in on the neg. vs. pos. debate

thebus36idf
11-05-2008, 01:56 PM
I am perplexed about the ongoing attacks on this forum between people who believe the steelers are to good to be criticized and those whom are alway critisizing. The truth is as fans of a wonderful franchise, and a franchise that I pay 1,000.00 to go see with my family once a year there is room for both criticism, and boastfulness. How one would get attacked for wanting things to improve seems perplexing, I don't doubt their passion as a fan, if they had no love for this team they wouldn't care. However I believe if we were as dominant as say the patriots of the past few years we would have no room for for negative posts on a consistent level. However we are consitently very good, and there is much room for improvement, especially as of late. Our defense is great and that is the steeler defense I fell in love with over 20 years ago, Dick Labeau in my estimation is one of the best, and has had us in the top 10 in defense since he's been here, and many time the best there is. However our offense is slipping, and needs attention as it seems to be getting worse. Ben looks like a deer in the headlights most times. I see this every time we get away from our running game. Arians has to adress this and not keep going out there, and letting Ben get hammered. I believe Byron did so well because as I posted last week Ben doesn't trust his protection. We have to find some offensive scheme to build that trust. I don't know what that is I don't get paid the money to figure that out. However I pay the money to support my Steelers, and expect it to be adressed. We just can't ignore it, and hope it gets better. I can come up with a scheme to shut Ben down., Blitz, blitz, blitz. We have to come up with some plays to counter that ie. Byron to Santonio Holmes. So are you going to kill me or attack me for saying it. O.K. however
you too will be saying it when we get beat out by the Ravens for the conference title, because they have adressed it. In the meantime lets all realize we love the Steelers, and they are always on top or near it, which we must not take for granted. However we can also realize that we are not an a team I feel can win a Superbowl. So lets discuss ways we can win a superbowl, and how awsome our defense is at the same time. Hence the meaning of the word FORUM.
Peace & grace Doug

RoethlisBURGHer
11-05-2008, 02:27 PM
The problem isn't with the people who criticize. The problem is with the crowd that thinks it's fine after a loss to throw threads such as:

Fire Tomlin, Bench Ben, Bench Willie, Tomlin Was Hired Due To Being Black, Fire Arians.

Those people fall under the "sky is falling" crowd, who those of us who have been here for years are sick of. Many of them show up only after losses, you don't hear a peep from them when we are winning.

SteelMember
11-05-2008, 02:37 PM
This was a great find by SteelersMongol, and well worth the read.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=28529

SCSTILLER
11-05-2008, 03:05 PM
O.K. however
you too will be saying it when we get beat out by the Ravens for the conference title, because they have adressed it.

I really don't beleive that we will get beat out for the conference title by the ratbirds. Their QB, albeit pretty decent, is still young and will be confused, again, against a LeBeau run defense. Plus, we will shut down their run, just like we did against everyone else.

I am not against constructive criticism, but like BenBURGHER said, the fire everyone threads are too much.

I personally beleive our problems start with the o-line not blocking that well. Teams know they can come after us, and Ben get a little leary behind them (I can't blame him). If we can get him the protection he needs, alot of our problems will fix itself. Now, fire Larry Zierlein (sp), just kidding

thebus36idf
11-05-2008, 04:17 PM
I wholeheartily agree firing anyone in our org. is just senseless jibber, great responses guys thanks. I however hadn't come across a large # of these fire everyone posts.:tt:

thebus36idf
11-05-2008, 04:51 PM
QUOTE][/QUOTE]This was a great find by SteelersMongol, and well worth the read.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=28529[/QUOTE]

Great response and a great post link everyone needs to read the wisdom of this fan!!!

{Peace & Grace Doug