PDA

View Full Version : does anybody miss burress ?

steelcurtain101
12-06-2005, 10:00 PM
i really want him to get hurt in NY lol just because i miss him being on the team i think it took alot of pressure off of ward and he made good plays plus Ben went to him alot randle el just wont be able to fill them shoes and morgan he seems like he never plays im just trying to figure out what is so different from last year . why we arent winning enough.hurt ben? no burress? what is going on ? or is it that other teams are just getting better ? what do you guys think
http://media3.steelers.com/MediaContent/2004/11/08/12/04_PHI_Farrior_Porter01_46887.jpg

tony hipchest
12-06-2005, 10:08 PM
i was always a fan of plexico and his potential. i cant blame him for taking a job that would pay him more money and make him more of the focus of the offense.

Koopa
12-06-2005, 10:20 PM
well i miss plax cause he opened things up a lot more but i think the reason we ain't winning is because we didn't do nothing to better our team in the offseason. sure we kept mostly everyone but that's not always a good thing........if we miss the playoffs it could be a good thing cause we'll actually see some changes to makeing us better for next year

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
12-06-2005, 10:26 PM
i dont miss Plax. I will agree that he made some great plays, but he has MISSED just as many easy passes. Plax had his days but we need someove more reliable...The only thing we lost in him was someone to strech the field......but with ward......Heath and Stale out of the backfield...there is no reason someone isnt open......We just need to open up our passing game so ben can earn his wings.....once he gets more experience....hes gonna be great...

Prosdo
12-06-2005, 11:01 PM
I don't miss Plaxico, but I do miss the deep threat he brought. Plax would make some amazing grab and then drop easy passes. We need a tall deep threat in there to stretch the field. I think this upcoming offseason we need to bring in a deep threat to open up the field.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-06-2005, 11:12 PM
If plax performed for us like he is now w/ giants..sure I'd miss him.. but was nothing but an underachieving, whining, lack of production, dissapointment for us.

We wouldnt be any better off than we were with him.

TexaSteeler
12-06-2005, 11:13 PM
I miss Plax, but then again he wouldn't be playing like this for us. He wouldn't be happy unless he was #1.

Atlanta Dan
12-06-2005, 11:14 PM
Plax and the Steelers both acted in what they thought were their best interests. Steelers could not afford both Plax and Ward - I am glad they kept Ward.

Plax wanted to be the go to guy and (after a less than overwhelming response to his free agency) has found good fortune in New York. Since the Steelers were not going to work to keep him, hard to begrudge his success elsewhere.

It's a cold blooded business - just ask Rod Woodson how long the Steelers kept him after his torn ACL to start the 1995 season. I will never blame a player for taking care of his financial interests through free agency as long as he does not quit on his current team.

pitt
12-07-2005, 12:02 AM
Yeah I miss him. I'm enjoying his success in N.Y.

Cape Cod Steel Head
12-07-2005, 02:57 PM
I don't miss Plaxico, but I do miss the deep threat he brought. Plax would make some amazing grab and then drop easy passes. We need a tall deep threat in there to stretch the field. I think this upcoming offseason we need to bring in a deep threat to open up the field.
My sentiments exactly. Plus he called Pittsburgh a racist city!

Suitanim
12-07-2005, 03:13 PM
Miss who???

Koopa
12-07-2005, 03:15 PM
Miss who???

he's asking if you miss that dude that tripped over himself everytime he caugth the ball, the dude that ran out of bounce as fast as he could so he wouldn't get hit, the dude that dropped easy passes in clutch moments lol

Steel - X
12-07-2005, 03:28 PM
Remeber the time he spiked the ball when he wasnt down? That was classic. I dont miss him at all

SteelCityMan786
12-07-2005, 04:00 PM
Only his playing ability are what I miss. NOT HIS ATTITUDE!

Prosdo
12-07-2005, 04:16 PM
My sentiments exactly. Plus he called Pittsburgh a racist city!

I remember that. Not sure how he thinks that.

Dook
12-07-2005, 04:24 PM
Don't miss him a bit. We always knew he had potential but he refused to live up to it. He wouldn't even jump for passes and get beat by CB's five inches shorter than he. He was a big baby and expected to get paid for potential instead of performance.

Watch him in the playoffs, I bet he becomes a non-issue. He'll be taken out by double coverage.

steelcurtain101
12-09-2005, 09:11 PM
thanks for the input guys now that i think about it , if i had to choose between him and ward , 100% ward ! he is a good all around player from catching to blocking and always just has the biggest smile

Grey
12-09-2005, 09:45 PM
NO.

Lack of effort. Inability to make the big catch at the big time. Lack of effort. Just good enough to make Cowher keep him as number one. Lack of effort. Big Mouth. Lack of effort. Poor practice player. Lack of effort.

NO.

Here we go.
Grey

BlitzburghRockCity
12-10-2005, 12:20 AM
he's asking if you miss that dude that tripped over himself everytime he caugth the ball, the dude that ran out of bounce as fast as he could so he wouldn't get hit, the dude that dropped easy passes in clutch moments lol

oh yeah, that dude..u mean the one who whined because he wasnt being utilized to the best of his abilities..that dude that showed up to press conferences in full length furs..that dude that fell down in open field in a stiff breeze...

you mean THAT dude :rolleyes:

Koopa
12-10-2005, 12:24 AM
oh yeah, that dude..u mean the one who whined because he wasnt being utilized to the best of his abilities..that dude that showed up to press conferences in full length furs..that dude that fell down in open field in a stiff breeze...

you mean THAT dude :rolleyes:

yeah yeah that's the guy the thread starter is talkin about lol

BlitzburghRockCity
12-10-2005, 12:38 AM
yeah yeah I remember now, wasnt he the one that made a catch then got up and spiked the ball before he was touched and the other team recovered ??

and and, wasnt he the guy that sat out of mini camps and coaching sessions..

and oh yeah, something about the fans not appreciating him or something !! :rolleyes: :busted:

SteelCityMan786
12-10-2005, 09:44 AM
yeah yeah I remember now, wasnt he the one that made a catch then got up and spiked the ball before he was touched and the other team recovered ??

and and, wasnt he the guy that sat out of mini camps and coaching sessions..

and oh yeah, something about the fans not appreciating him or something !! :rolleyes: :busted:

That Spike Was During I think The Jacksonville Game Of 2001.

Friday133
12-10-2005, 12:43 PM
i'm not shocked that most of you don't miss plexico, alot of steelers fans don't. i remember the bonehead plays he made, for that matter so has randel el. it happens. i never seem to remember plax being a problem in the locker room, when was he always whinning when he was a part of the franchise? any comments he made were after the fact, after he knew he wouldn't be back. he missed one mini camp, it wasn't a big deal but at the time you would have thought he committed a felony.

the steelers miss him more than we can imagine. he was a deep threat, he drew double coverage, he freed up ward and randel el underneath. you guys talk about never living up to his potential, its kinda hard when you run the ball over 50% of the time and you have someone like ward on the team, there are only so many balls available.

i hate the arguement that ward smiles, its complete bullshit. it means nothing at all.

put it this way any reciever that lines up opposite ward is going to be compared the same way. not everyone plays the game the same way.

to get a stud reciever and make him happy the steelers need to run a more balanced offense that takes advantage of his ablility, just not a decoy.