PDA

View Full Version : The "no gloating" pact/agreement...

tony hipchest
11-05-2008, 09:44 PM
it seems to be doing pretty well but it serioulsly shoulda been amended with a "no whining" moratorium, cause theres WAY more of that going on.

:hunch:

augustashark
11-05-2008, 10:26 PM
http://www.mediabistro.com/prnewser/original/Douche.jpg

tony hipchest
11-05-2008, 10:34 PM
*case in point*

augustashark
11-05-2008, 10:38 PM
Your right case in point!

klick81
11-05-2008, 10:43 PM
I didn't want to post this just because I didn't want to offend the whiners, but since many like posting witty images, here y'all go:

http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/609/smallestviolinwz4.jpg

augustashark
11-05-2008, 11:00 PM
very funny, only problem is I have not whined about the outcome. Just a stupid thread to start. Hence the "witty" picture.

HometownGal
11-06-2008, 07:50 AM
it seems to be doing pretty well but it serioulsly shoulda been amended with a "no whining" moratorium, cause theres WAY more of that going on.

:hunch:

I don't think it's "whining" more than people expressing their disappointment over the outcome, which really isn't out of the ordinary. I think it would have been the same (quite possibly a little worse) by you Demos if McCain had won.

As far as the gloating, it hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be, but a couple of members obviously just can't resist. I think they need some

http://static.taume.com/image/chocolate.jpg

Chocolate cures everything that ails ya! :thumbsup:

Steel Duck
11-06-2008, 12:48 PM
I think it would have been the same (quite possibly a little worse) by you Demos if McCain had won.

You've stated this on another thread..and I am going to disagree with it again...
How can you say something like this when this forum is 90% conservative? How could us democrats possibly compete with that?

And I have only see one maybe two democrats that have "gloated", and considering the overwhelming abuse some of us endured, I see nothing wrong with it if they are so inclined to do so. However I see no reason to gloat. It's apparent to me there are enough hard feelings, and no need to add to it.

xfl2001fan
11-06-2008, 12:51 PM
Regardless, it's all if and but and maybe....

All in all, I think that (for the most part) it's gone rather well. Even at it's worst here...it really hasn't been that bad.

For the most part, it seems like any angst stayed in the appropriate threads (or the ones closely associated) and did not spill out everywhere.

For that, we all desere a pat on the back. I've seen much worse in other places that have long since been deleted from "My Favorites" links.

HometownGal
11-06-2008, 02:42 PM
You've stated this on another thread..and I am going to disagree with it again...
How can you say something like this when this forum is 90% conservative? How could us democrats possibly compete with that?

And I have only see one maybe two democrats that have "gloated", and considering the overwhelming abuse some of us endured, I see nothing wrong with it if they are so inclined to do so. However I see no reason to gloat. It's apparent to me there are enough hard feelings, and no need to add to it.

I can and will say something like this because as a Mod, I "see" a lot more and am advised by members (on both sides of the coin) of some pretty nasty "behind the scenes" ignorance and flame fests. PM's and rep comments are as much a part of this board as creating and/or posting in threads and thus, the COC applies to those features of the board as well. When a member complains, Gary and I always ask for "proof" of their allegations and are provided the same before we take action. There have been a couple of threatening comments made behind the scenes which are totally uncalled for and the perpetrators have been dealt with accordingly.

As far as the "overwhelming abuse" you feel you and other Demos have endured, I'd have to say in complete honesty (while being fair) that half of the time, the shit was flung by a Demo and flung back by a GOP'er. The other half of the time, the roles were reversed. Each side has absolutely no right to point fingers at the other.

I am happy to see that you are mature enough not to engage in gloating, as it only causes more bad blood and intensifies some of the rifts that have been created by this election around here, as you've mentioned. :drink: :hatsoff: However, even one member "gloating" is one too many as I think we're all (or should be) above that type of immaturity since this is basically an adult BB.

For the record - I am not a conservative (is there an echo in here?) :chuckle::doh: Just as there are Demos and Libs, there are GOP'ers and Conservatives. I lean right, obviously, but I'm more moderate than true conservative.

Dino 6 Rings
11-07-2008, 04:17 PM
Are The Troops home Yet?