PDA

View Full Version : Vehicles Catch Fire at Redskins Game

STEELtownHAVOX
11-06-2008, 11:26 AM
Just found this searching the the infamous web. Crazy.

FEDEX FIELD
Vehicles Catch Fire at Redskins Game

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/11/04/AR2008110401097.html?hpid=topnews

By Matt Zapotosky
Washington Post Staff Writer
Wednesday, November 5, 2008; Page B06

Watching their team get burned by the Pittsburgh Steelers was bad. Coming out to the parking lot to find their cars had also been burned was, well, really bad.
: Steelers Make Themselves at Home
Such was the fate of at least a dozen Redskins fans whose cars were burned Monday night in the FedEx Field parking lot while their team lost, 23-6. Someone -- one person whose sport-utility vehicle was burned said she suspects it was a Steelers fan -- placed a grill full of hot charcoal in the trunk of a car before going into the stadium, sparking a fire that destroyed eight vehicles and damaged one or two others.

Page Smith and her boyfriend, Charles Chavis, both 32 and of Richmond, left the game early with two friends to beat traffic. In the spot where their SUV had been parked, the four Redskins fans found only police tape and a person sweeping up ashes.

"The thought of our vehicle burning up never even crossed our minds," Smith said. "We really thought that we were just in the wrong spot."

It wasn't until later, after an hour of scouring the parking lot thinking their Cadillac Escalade had been towed or stolen, that someone overheard the couple complaining and told them about the fire. Smith said a few Steelers fans' cars were also burned.

Twenty firefighters battled the blaze for about 25 minutes, Prince George's County fire officials said. The damage was estimated at about $150,000, they said.

Maj. Dennis Wood, a fire department spokesman, called such car fires "not unheard of but . . . uncommon." He said the fire department keeps a vehicle in the parking lot during Redskins games in case of such an incident.

"The lesson learned is don't put hot coals in the trunk of your car," Wood said

klick81
11-06-2008, 01:44 PM
Surely, it HAD to be a Steelers fan :coffee:

MACH1
11-06-2008, 01:54 PM
Its Bush's fault. :chuckle:

xfl2001fan
11-06-2008, 01:55 PM
I was thinking the same thing...but refrained for saying something in the hopes that I could come up with a witty retort.

Instead...I find the exact opposit. Sad.

(was in response to Klick's post)

Borski
11-06-2008, 02:08 PM
It coulda been anyone, 'Skins fan or Steelers fan. cars of both teams fans had burned. Why automaticly assume it was a Steelers fan? it coulda just as easily been some Redskins punk thats upset his team lost, or just some arson looking for an easy target.

tony hipchest
11-06-2008, 03:40 PM
maybe the charred plates on the car with the grill in the trunk read GOSTLRS :noidea:

pittsburghp8baller
11-06-2008, 03:40 PM
i saw it as i was walking up to my seat. their were easily close to a 100 people standing and watching it instead of the game. it was crazy, you could see sparks flying out of the fire and the smoke got at least 100 feet into the air

STEELtownHAVOX
11-06-2008, 03:59 PM
I heard on MIke and Mike at lunch that there was a burnt steelers flag near the truck. so i don't know, i started listening in the middle of the conversation so i don't know if that was true or not.

pittsburghp8baller
11-06-2008, 04:35 PM
I heard on MIke and Mike at lunch that there was a burnt steelers flag near the truck. so i don't know, i started listening in the middle of the conversation so i don't know if that was true or not.

might of been, Redskin fans seem like the kind of people to do that. we walked by it and there were a couple of empty 24 packs lying around the area

NJarhead
11-06-2008, 04:44 PM
Ravens fans hate both the Steelers AND the Redskins. They should start the investigation in Baltimore. :chuckle:

MasterOfPuppets
11-06-2008, 06:20 PM
Ravens fans hate both the Steelers AND the Redskins. They should start the investigation in Baltimore. :chuckle:
i was thinkin the same thing......ray ray probably had a bounty out on some fans....:laughing:

NJarhead
11-06-2008, 06:23 PM
i was thinkin the same thing......ray ray probably had a bounty out on some fans....:laughing:

:rofl:

RoethlisBURGHer
11-06-2008, 10:23 PM
So it was automatically a Steelers fan who started the fire on purpose when the fire department said that someone put a grill with hot coals in the trunk of their vehicle which is what started the fire?

I guess Redskin fans are just way to smart and Steeler fans are nothing but dumb hicks that don't know how to even tie their own shoes according to that profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfilterprofanityfilter.

xfl2001fan
11-06-2008, 10:28 PM
So it was automatically a Steelers fan who started the fire on purpose when the fire department said that someone put a grill with hot coals in the trunk of their vehicle which is what started the fire?

I guess Redskin fans are just way to smart and Steeler fans are nothing but dumb hicks that don't know how to even tie their own shoes according to that profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfilterprofanityfilter.

Don't forget about holding on to your guns and religion...:thumbsup:

Sheesh, you Steelers fans really are hicks. :flap:

jjpro11
11-06-2008, 10:41 PM

well, bart scott has been talking about killing hines.. so its not out of the question.