PDA

View Full Version : Steelers projected to finish 13-3

The_WARDen
11-06-2008, 03:35 PM
This guy predicts the Steelers to finish 13-3 which would mean a 7-1 record down the stretch. Here's hoping he's Nostradamus!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AtBi3y1xkEZ2ZO5MIb.RVQpDubYF?slug=cr-secondhalfprojections110608&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

:tt03:

randy06
11-06-2008, 06:19 PM
wow, i dunno about that

Pittsky
11-06-2008, 06:54 PM
This guy predicts the Steelers to finish 13-3 which would mean a 7-1 record down the stretch. Here's hoping he's Nostradamus!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AtBi3y1xkEZ2ZO5MIb.RVQpDubYF?slug=cr-secondhalfprojections110608&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

:tt03:

as strong as our D has been, if our oline improved i think we could go undefeated the rest of the season...byron needs to takeover for a little bit and get ben healthy...IMO

:tt:

OX1947
11-06-2008, 07:50 PM
With a .600 schedule coming into the season, I figured if the Steelers could go 12-4, that would be like going 14-2 or 15-1 in a normal schedule.

With some of the teams we are playing not being as good as they were coming into the season, a 12-4 record is very realistic. I would be more then happy to go 12-4 and at least get one of the bye weeks. I see the titans finishing 13-3. So far half way through, I wouldn't mind seeing Kerry Collins in the AFC championship game in Tennessee. I think the Steelers would win that game to go to the Super Bowl.

stillers4me
11-06-2008, 08:01 PM
One game at a time, folks. Colts, Colts, Colts........only thinking about the Colts.

A hex on this thread!

RoethlisBURGHer
11-06-2008, 10:05 PM
I could see is going undefeated the rest of the season. The toughest team left on the schedule is the Titans, but they are beatable.

GBMelBlount
11-06-2008, 10:14 PM
I'm still hoping 11-5. I must say though, I am simply amazed at how with every injury, somebody steps up and fills in admirably. I am REALLY proud of this team. They just keep finding ways to win....

iupdauber
11-06-2008, 10:39 PM
I just cant see us winning out unless Ben gets rid of the ball, and the line gives him more time. I know indy is down, but this will be a good test of how good our D really is. Hope they are as good as they played last week, because offense has been a little lackluster as of late.

devilsdancefloor
11-06-2008, 10:56 PM
I'm still hoping 11-5. I must say though, I am simply amazed at how with every injury, somebody steps up and fills in admirably. I am REALLY proud of this team. They just keep finding ways to win....

agree totally 11-5 at best and hats off to those who have been fill in!:tt::tt::tt::tt:

X-Terminator
11-06-2008, 11:28 PM
Optimistic, but it won't happen. I say 10-6 and another division title.

MasterOfPuppets
11-07-2008, 12:13 AM
weren't the steelers 7 -2 last year ? :popcorn: .....

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
11-07-2008, 12:19 AM
One game at a time, folks. Colts, Colts, Colts........only thinking about the Colts.

A hex on this thread!

agreed.... lets go 1-0 this week....

PalmerSteel
11-07-2008, 01:26 AM
projections are like you know what. everybody's got one and they are only good for one thing.

fansince'76
11-07-2008, 07:17 AM
Charles Robinson also proclaimed the Browns to be a serious SB contender back in March (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=cr-brownsfreeagency030608&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)due to their moves in FA. How's that looking now?

While 13-3 sounds great, and I love the optimism, I gotta consider the source here.

Steelers Since '75
11-07-2008, 07:57 AM
Really... the way the first half of the season has unfolded can anyone truly predict the outcome of the second half of the season. There have been more ups and downs for teams, because of injury mainly, then I can remember in recent history. You might as well put about half the teams in the NFL in a hat and draw names to see who goes to the playoffs. I have all the faith in the world that the Steelers will make the playoffs but we are really holding on tentatively with all the O injuries... if our D can stay healthy we will be alright. Lets just hope we do not see a repeat of last year when we went 6-2 in the first half and then an average 4-4 the rest of the way.

fansince'76
11-07-2008, 08:20 AM
Really... the way the first half of the season has unfolded can anyone truly predict the outcome of the second half of the season. There have been more ups and downs for teams, because of injury mainly, then I can remember in recent history. You might as well put about half the teams in the NFL in a hat and draw names to see who goes to the playoffs. I have all the faith in the world that the Steelers will make the playoffs but we are really holding on tentatively with all the O injuries... if our D can stay healthy we will be alright. Lets just hope we do not see a repeat of last year when we went 6-2 in the first half and then an average 4-4 the rest of the way.

I wouldn't mind a repeat of last year as far as a playoff berth is concerned - more than a couple folks here had us going 6-10/7-9 after seeing our schedule during the offseason. I think it's safe to say we're going to finish better than that, considering we have 5 more games at home out of our last 8. We're also 4-1 on the road already this year as opposed to finishing 3-5 on the road last year. Despite the offensive problems, this team is playing better this year overall than last, especially on D.

KeiselPower99
11-07-2008, 09:29 AM
I saw that yesterday and brushed it off. We have the Colts to deal with right now. If it happens awesome if not o well.

The_WARDen
11-07-2008, 09:44 AM
It's just nice to see someone give them respect. Since he whiffed on the Clowns prediction, here's hoping he bats .500!

steelpride12
11-07-2008, 11:06 AM

A hex on this thread!

Exactly we have plenty of more things to worry about that figuring out our final record for the season. The colts are up next and thats what we should be discussing! :tt03:

STEELAMANIA
11-07-2008, 11:08 AM
For a team that was "given" the NFL's toughest schedule this season, these experts can keep their predictions to themselves. Right now the Steelers and fans should just take one game at a time.

steelreserve
11-07-2008, 02:07 PM
What a moron. He has no idea what he's talking about. We're going to go 14-2.