PDA

View Full Version : Steelers officially interested in Hall

randy06
11-06-2008, 05:17 PM
Just saw on NFL Network , and the Steelers, Pats, Giants and Skins are the frontrunners

TheWarDen86
11-06-2008, 05:22 PM
Just saw on NFL Network , and the Steelers, Pats, Giants and Skins are the frontrunners

NOOOOOOOoooooooooooo!!!!! :banging:

randy06
11-06-2008, 05:24 PM
I feel ya man, he can be the best player ever but he is not IMO a Steeler type guy.

TheWarDen86
11-06-2008, 05:29 PM
I can't believe Jerry Jones isn't killing himself to sign Hall. He's no where near the "project" that PAC-MAN was, and the Cowgirls need a corner.

GutterflowerSteel
11-06-2008, 05:31 PM
We're not that hard up ... are we? :banging:

TheWarDen86
11-06-2008, 05:43 PM
We're not that hard up ... are we? :banging:

Not unless he can Punt or pick up the blitz. :chuckle:

The Duke
11-06-2008, 05:50 PM
Why exactly?

worries about B Mac not coming back from injury or FA next year? Gay not good enough?

Hope it's wrong and the pats get him. then ben can torch him all day in 3 weeks :tt:

LambertIsGod58
11-06-2008, 05:50 PM
Last I saw we are in the top 5 for defending the pass....why spend the money on this clown?

Carolina Steelers
11-06-2008, 05:52 PM
I dont like this. Our defense CB's are playing good this year. I think he will mess up the chemistry he is a ME PLAYER i saw him quit twice on sunday

TheWarDen86
11-06-2008, 06:07 PM
Why exactly?

worries about B Mac not coming back from injury or FA next year? Gay not good enough?

He was impressive the other night..., surprised me.

Hope it's wrong and the pats get him. then ben can torch him all day in 3 weeks :tt:

If he goes to N.E., $5.00 says Hines pushes him into getting a flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct. :chuckle:

The Duke
11-06-2008, 06:12 PM
He was impressive the other night..., surprised me.

He definitely did. Makes me feel better about bryant possibly leaving next year

so why the interest in hall :banging:

If he goes to N.E., $5.00 says Hines pushes him into getting a flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct. :chuckle:

$10.00 says he starts crying :chuckle:

TheWarDen86
11-06-2008, 06:13 PM

$15.00 says that Joey Porter publicly comments on Hall crying because Hines owned him. :laughing:

Sharkissle29
11-06-2008, 06:37 PM

we would be morons to let mcfadden go

fansince'76
11-06-2008, 06:39 PM
I'm really surprised we're giving the overrated assclown a second look. Hope we don't wind up with him.

TheWarDen86
11-06-2008, 06:45 PM
The article on NFL.com actually states: "Teams expected to be interested," and that's according to Adam Schefter (A.K.A. Sports Media's official Shit Stirrer).

jjpro11
11-06-2008, 06:55 PM
that caught me by surprise. but i trust the steelers know what they are doing.

max10
11-06-2008, 07:21 PM
I have mixed feelings on this, Hall has been getting his butt kicked in man to man coverage, granted the steelers run primarily zone coverage but I don't like the terms of the contract the Steelers would have to agree to.

The steelers would have to pay him a half million for his salary for the remainder of the year. Okay that doesn' t sound too bad right, well here is the catch to the contract if he blows out a knee they have to pay him 16 MILLION DOLLARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ouch.

This is what really bothers me, we have had offensive line problems since the start of the season and before the week 6 trade deadline we didn't even try to pick up a decent lineman and yet aparently we have the money????:banging:

Makaveli
11-06-2008, 07:51 PM
I'm admittedly kind of "torn" on this one. When Hall is bad,...he is considerably bad. I mean,...beaten like a borrowed slave. And often deep.

But,...with that said,....he has shown the ability to be a capable "cover" corner and return man whom makes plays on the ball at various times throughout his career as well.

Much is made of his arrogance, swagger and or confidence,...but honestly if you have ever played football you know that corner is the last position on the field that you want a "gracious loser".

Perhaps playing for an organization and a fanbase that is truely worthy of respect and honor would go a long way towards him actually realizing the true measure of not only his talent but his character as well?

Who knows,...but Mcfadden is out (And in all actuality just an average player, this cat took FAR to long to beat out DESHEA TOWNSEND ?)

I can't say i'm "all in",...but i wouldn't exactly be bent out of shape if we pulled the trigger either. (Granted,...if it's fiscally reasonable for us)

Edman
11-06-2008, 08:03 PM
The article on NFL.com actually states: "Teams expected to be interested," and that's according to Adam Schefter (A.K.A. Sports Media's official Shit Stirrer).

^This. Why are you all panicking? Until you hear any official word from the Steelers themselves, please step away from the bridge. This asshole is not coming here. This is media speculation and ****-stirring, nothing more.

Sometimes I wonder if Makaveli is even a Steeler fan. Doesn't show up until Ben has a slump, and now apologizes for DeAngelo Small.

TheWarDen86
11-06-2008, 08:13 PM

Why are you panicking? Until you hear any official word from the Steelers themselves, please step away from the bridge. This asshole is not coming here. This is media speculation and ****-stirring, nothing more.

Sometimes I wonder if Makaveli is even a Steeler fan. Doesn't show up until Ben has a slump, and now apologizes for DeAngelo Small.

Not panicking. Isn't that EXACTLY what I said? :noidea: Or where you highlighting my post for someone else?

Edman
11-06-2008, 08:14 PM
Not panicking. Isn't that EXACTLY what I said? :noidea:

Yeah.

My post didn't come out right, sorry. I fixed it.

TheWarDen86
11-06-2008, 08:20 PM
Yeah.

My post didn't come out right, sorry. I fixed it.

Gotcha. I figured that out right after I posted. :drink:

I am curious why Adam Schefter would assume that the #1 Defense in the NFL is EXPECTED to be interested in an Oakland Raider cast-off / attitude problem / Corner who hasn't covered anyone lately. Not to mention that I don't believe he'd fit under our cap.

Steelman16
11-06-2008, 08:34 PM
Gotcha. I figured that out right after I posted. :drink:

I am curious why Adam Schefter would assume that the #1 Defense in the NFL is EXPECTED to be interested in an Oakland Raider cast-off / attitude problem / Corner who hasn't covered anyone lately. Not to mention that I don't believe he'd fit under our cap.

Makes good story press, so Adam reported it. I don't think there's a whole lot of facts on this one. He just looked for thin secondaries and said they were interested.

And you have a good point, there's no way we'd be able to afford him unless he took a close to vet minumum contract, which I somehow don't think he'd do. :wink02:

RoethlisBURGHer
11-06-2008, 08:52 PM
Probally looking at him just because he's out there. There are always reports of the Steelers looking at a guy they don't need and then we don't sign the guy.

Weren't there reports of the Steelers looking at Rudi Johnson after the Bengals cut him?

HereWeGoSteelers219
11-06-2008, 09:08 PM
Con someone confirm what his contract would be if we got him? Would it be the same contract he had with Oakland r would we have to sign him to a new one?

RoethlisBURGHer
11-06-2008, 09:17 PM
Con someone confirm what his contract would be if we got him? Would it be the same contract he had with Oakland r would we have to sign him to a new one?

The Oakland contract has nothing to do with whatever contract he'd sign now. He is a free agent, new terms would be met with whatever team signs him, they wouldn't be forced into the deals of the Oakland contract.

Maybe this has humbled Hall and he'll take a small two year deal to prove he's deserving of a big long term deal. Or he's still the massive egomaniac and wants to be paid as a top cornerback when he's playing like a fourth or fifth cornerback.

devilsdancefloor
11-06-2008, 09:20 PM
he is a free agent just like during the off-season as i understand it. So a new contract new terms . And i totally disagree with this why do we need him?He is a big baby !

lilyoder6
11-06-2008, 09:21 PM
he got his money from oakland in his signing bonus plus his 8 mill for playing 8 games... i doubt based on this season someone would pay him big bucks.. since he rly hasn't been performing good...

TheWarDen86
11-06-2008, 09:24 PM
Yesterday they said 16 million garaunteed would be a bargain. Don't remember the length of the deal they modelled though. Doesn't matter, although he may sign for less on a winning teams roster, I don't see him in a Steeler uniform.

HereWeGoSteelers219
11-06-2008, 09:29 PM
With Bryant leaving after this year he may be worth a shot if we get him for cheap. Could you imagine this defense with Deangelo Hall at the other corner? Stacked. Maybe the guy needs a change of scenery.

TheWarDen86
11-06-2008, 09:31 PM
With Bryant leaving after this year he may be worth a shot if we get him for cheap. Could you imagine this defense with Deangelo Hall at the other corner? Stacked. Maybe the guy needs a change of scenery.

I'd rather negotiate with McFadden. In fact, I hope we do.

HereWeGoSteelers219
11-06-2008, 09:46 PM
I'd rather negotiate with McFadden. In fact, I hope we do.

So do I, but I have a feeling he will ask for more money than he deserves. Maybe his injury will give him less of a chance to inflate his value.

jjpro11
11-06-2008, 10:30 PM
browns fans are crying for him now.. i wouldnt mind just signing him for spite and keeping him inactive just to piss off the browns.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-06-2008, 10:45 PM
I like Hall, but dont think he has a chance of landing here. Too much money and the Steelers have no cap room.

I think he has game left, but face it......his last 2 coaches were Bobby Petrino and Al Davis. That's enough to make me tank my game too.

ytsan2q
11-06-2008, 10:45 PM
Yeah right. I don't believe this one. We've never sighed a player with this type of rep.

steelcity_88
11-06-2008, 11:37 PM
I don't like the idea of signing a guy with his type of attitude either. Didn't he talk some shit about Hines a couple years back? That was the game Hines outran him with one shoe! But if we did sign him, I imagine we'd use him in the return game. He could give us a threat there. Doubt this will all happen, though.

ChronoCross
11-07-2008, 12:22 AM
Steelers are offically not interested in hall.. Hall is a joke of a cornerback. Let the browns are cowboys are someone we play on are schedule that way any of are WRs can burn his sorry butt.. Ooops hall gets burnt again.. What a joke to even talk about this guy.

tony hipchest
11-07-2008, 12:43 AM
"d hall" and ben were in the same class. if he and ben were still on the board when we drafted theres no guarantee that ben would be our qb today.

colbert know hall (through due diligence) and he was heavilly scouted.

he has already been paid top cb money this year for 8 games of work, taking league minimum to prove hes worthy to continue his career in the nfl is really no sweat off of his balls.

not saying "sign him" but just bringing some reality to the situation. if he wants to prove his worth (and future) and possibly win a ring before he is done, theres probably no better opportunity out there than with the steelers or giants on a 1 year deal.

with that being said, i bet he goes to the patriots on a several year deal with incentives.

Preacher
11-07-2008, 12:58 AM
Since everyone is down on Hall,

Let me take a contrary positions, just to get some more discussion going besides, "he sucks."

1. His attitude. Who else in this league could turn around an attitude like Tomlin/LeBeau?

2. Production. I could care less about his production this year, or last year in Atlanta. Last year, he was on a team that was completely blown up. Everyone was basically playing on an island. This year.. well, its the Raiders.

In essence, my guess is that 2 years from now, we will look back and see Hall in the same way we see Moss now. Yes, i think Moss is a changed man. He has grown and and learned team football. Even is this year for the Pats, Moss has shut up and played football.

I really believe that we have coaches that could make this kid turn that corner.

3. What if. Ike is our top corner. he would still play against the top receivers. That means a number one corner since the kid came in the league, would be a number two corner for us.

Now if he comes, he will be HAMMERED to play Steeler football. With his speed... what happens when we bring Hall on a corner blitz? Could you imagine?

4. We need a kick returner/punt returner. Hall can do both.

5. Hall cleared wavers, which means no one wants to pay that money for him. He will come in much less than was paid in Oakland. With the economy in the shape its in, it will affect football salaries as well.

6. Talent wise, the kid has the ABILITY to be a complete shutdown back, WITH PICK ABILITY. Yes we have a great D now. But what would happen if Hall was back there with Ike, Polamalu, etc etc. :jawdrop:

those are my contrarian thoughts.

Steelers Since '75
11-07-2008, 07:22 AM
Once again Preacher you prove to be the voice of reason... it never hurts to bring someone in and take a look at them... if his attitude problem has been a result of poor management and coaches in the past and he really wants a shot at a ring he may put away his ego and play team ball. We board members don't have a clue what goes on behind closed doors in the NFL... we just fool ourselves into thinking we know better than the pros. :coffee:

jjpro11
11-07-2008, 07:26 AM
the guy has never played for a winner yet... maybe thats what he needs.. on a side note, espn said 15 teams contacted about him.. so this is probably just a feeling out thing by the steelers and i doubt we would sign him.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
11-07-2008, 07:27 AM
I dont like it because of the money it will cost. I think Tomlin and more importantly our defense will keep him from being a distraction.... Im sure Harrison is pretty convincing that your not gonna act like a jerk....(we all remember what happend when that Browns fan acted like a jerk).

But wouldnt it be nice to have his speed, and ablitilty on the already #1 defense...
Plus, we might finally have a kick/punt returner with actual threat

XxKnightxX
11-07-2008, 07:30 AM
If he decides to eat some good slices of humble pie and not talk at all, then he can come over here. Yeah hall did have his issues but who wouldnt and his playing has been suspect but trust me when you go and play for 2 disastrous years in 2 unstable franchises (Although Arthur Blank has revived the falcons) then I would be playing like that too, when you start losing that bad, it tends to stick with you. But we shall see because if he wants money then he definitely wont be with us, weve never been like that unless you have proven yourself.

fansince'76
11-07-2008, 07:55 AM
Yeah hall did have his issues but who wouldnt and his playing has been suspect but trust me when you go and play for 2 disastrous years in 2 unstable franchises (Although Arthur Blank has revived the falcons) then I would be playing like that too, when you start losing that bad, it tends to stick with you.

Asomugha is and has been in the same situation in Oakland and he doesn't act like an ass. I don't buy the "he's just never found the right situation" argument to explain away the "it's all about me" behavior.

STEELAMANIA
11-07-2008, 09:55 AM
NO WAY POSSIBLE the Steelers sign Hall. Rumors will remain rumors.

steelpride12
11-07-2008, 10:01 AM
I don't see the Rooney's spending money on Hall unless we give him a 1 year $10.00 contract.

rbryan
11-07-2008, 11:04 AM
Officially interested???? says who? Adam Sphincter, Halls agent??? Let me know when someone from the organization acknowledges theres an interest from the Steelers...........just don't hold your breath.

15 teams...........yeah right. If there was that much interest he would be signed already. No one is going to offer this azzbag "Crazy Al money" now. Wouldn't surprise me if he sits the rest of the season, I'm sure in DeAngelo's world he's worth that kind of jack. He'll come back to earth once he realizes the best he's gonna do now is a minimal contract.

drizze99
11-07-2008, 01:27 PM
No need to worry, Sirius NFL radio just reported that DeAngelo Hall is a Redskin now.

fansince'76
11-07-2008, 01:31 PM
No need to worry, Sirius NFL radio just reported that DeAngelo Hall is a Redskin now.

And they're more than welcome to him, IMO.

klick81
11-07-2008, 01:47 PM
*phew*

We don't need him. Glad this one's put to rest.

Hapa
11-07-2008, 01:47 PM
the Skins got him

fansince'76
11-07-2008, 02:02 PM
DeAngelo Hall signing with Redskins

Posted: November 7, 2008
Sporting News staff reports

Cornerback DeAngelo Hall is signing with the Washington Redskins, sources tell Sporting News' Albert Breer.

The Oakland Raiders waived Hall on Wednesday. The Raiders had acquired Hall by sending a second-round draft pick in 2008 and a fifth-rounder in 2009 to Atlanta in March. Hall was given a seven-year contract and has made about $8 million for playing eight games for the Raiders this season.

Just a week ago, interim coach Cable said that Hall was back to resembling the player he was in Atlanta, when he made it to two Pro Bowls. But in his last game, he was beaten for a 37-yard touchdown pass to Michael Jenkins on the opening drive of a 24-0 loss to his former Falcons team.

After a meeting with coach Tom Cable, owner Al Davis and defensive coordinator Rob Ryan on Tuesday, the decision was made to get rid of Hall. "When you look at the consistency and the play and those sorts of things, it was just the decision we felt was right for this football team," Cable said. "We did not want to stay where we're at. Felt like that was very important that we don't do that, that we move forward and that was the decision that was made."

The Redskins were expected to make an announcement regarding Hall later on Friday.

The Associated Press contributed to this story.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=483645

ChronoCross
11-07-2008, 02:45 PM
thank god someone got him so this discussion could end.. cannot wait for FA so we can have so many more of this threads again.

lilyoder6
11-07-2008, 04:49 PM
like i said in the other thread.. part of me wanted him b/c he is only 24 yrs old.,. and he is a good corner