PDA

View Full Version : The Solution to the Steelers Problems??

BigDude66687
12-07-2005, 01:59 AM
Heres a wacky offseason move that would aid the steelers immensely

he's a 6'3" wideout, he's physical, he'll throw blocks, he runs good routes, he can get deep open against anyone, he'll be cheap

I propose the Steelers sign Terrel Owens, wait i know he doesnt fit the bill as a steeler material but i think that the Steelers can keep him quiet esp with our players, they'll shut him up real good. Additonally he'd take the double teams of ward, ward is kicking some serious ass against them now. Also look at how much he made McNabbs stats improve, Big Ben is a btr qb than mcnabb so how much btr would Big Bens stats be.. giving Ben a player who can get open deep and bring the ball down unlike now we would have an actual deep threat. Randle El and Wilson are both slot recievers :/ neither are starting caliber players in this league

Just think about taht offense with Parker/White at Rb, Miller at TE, Ward and Owens at WE damn we'd ****in rape some *****es

BlitzburghRockCity
12-07-2005, 02:07 AM
Look at what he did to the eagles team..he single handedly brought them down to his level w/ his whining, complaining, off field antics, dis respect for coaches... I know BC and our team dont take any shiat from anyone but even this guy would be pushing it. The rooneys will never sign a guy like TO no matter how much apologizes :rofl:

Prosdo
12-07-2005, 02:30 AM
I would be absolutely shocked if the Steelers signed TO. The Rooneys don't deal with BS like that.

Rotorhead
12-07-2005, 04:56 AM
Although his talent is good, I would take a sabatical from being a Steelers until he was gone if they signed him!

Cape Cod Steel Head
12-07-2005, 08:02 AM
No thanks! I'd rather have a losing season than have him be a Steeler!

SteelerFanInATL
12-07-2005, 09:01 AM
I would be absolutely shocked if the Steelers signed TO. The Rooneys don't deal with BS like that.

The Rooneys would NEVER entertain the tought of signing TO, NEVER!!!!!!!

tony hipchest
12-07-2005, 10:15 AM
The Rooneys would NEVER entertain the tought of signing TO, NEVER!!!!!!!

maybe they should. the rooneys would never sign c. dillon either and all he did was help lead his team to a sb. for the right price, with stipulations and incentive clauses in his contract, i think this would be a really good fit. after all the goal is to win a sb.

Suitanim
12-07-2005, 10:48 AM
No X 1,000,000

fergusonat
12-07-2005, 11:48 AM
Complete madness...no...no...no

TO is the complete opposite of what we need

KC_Steeler
12-07-2005, 11:55 AM
You have to be crazy...TO in a Steeler Uniform...NO WAY!

TO is an amazing talent on the field and I don't care about his endzone celebrations...I kind of like them.

He would never come here... to much of a running offense.

But if we took TO he would be great for 1 year maybe put us over the top to make a super bowl but he would tear apart this team just like he did Philly.

Question to all...Would you trade 1 Super Bowl for the next 3 years of losing seasons?

NOT ME...there is no telling when the Eagles will be back to thier old form. McNabb, Trotter and even Andy Reid thought they could controll him and we all saw how that turned out.

tony hipchest
12-07-2005, 12:00 PM
Complete madness...no...no...no

TO is the complete opposite of what we need

t.o. is big, fast, strong, and a td scoring machine. so we need a small, slow, weak, wr who doesnt score td's? if the choice was between el and t.o. for 4 mil/yr. how can you not consider owens.

2 things: owens would genuinely have to want to be in pittsburgh.

as soon as the steelers showed any sign of interest about 10 more teams would suddenly become interrested and try to up the ante. i say if nothing the steelers should feign interrest just to drive up his asking price. if i was his agent the steelers would be the 1st team id be trying to call and atleast get some dialogue going.

BigDude66687
12-07-2005, 12:21 PM
I like your train of thought tony,

However if you look at the eagles coaching staff, andy reid is a big softie always was so was marriuchi, i would love to see what happens to TO when he gets a man as a coach who would shut him the **** up, also i think that the steelers have the lockerroom pressence to make him sit down and shut it because Ward, Bettis, Porter, Farrior, Hampton and others wont take his shit, I think if we miss the playoffs this year the rooneys should definately entertain this thought because it would represent the drastic change needed to revive our sluggish offense.
Finally Terrel Owens doesnt shy away from blocking and even on the steelers he'd still prob get around 80 catches which should be enough to keep him happy

RoethlisBURGHer
12-07-2005, 12:56 PM
With it looking like we may not be in the playoffs,I say we make our 1st rounder a big,physical reciever.

Remember,Owens was a quiet,respectful,and nice guy when he first entered the league...the people around him let him turn into the moster we see now.The people on this team will be able to keep a guy like that.

I would much rather have someone in the mold of Torry Holt (or hell,even Steve Smith) instead of someone in the mold of Owens or Moss.

clevestinks
12-07-2005, 01:03 PM
T.O. is the exact player we need. No question.

Its T.O. the man that we cannot deal with!

tony hipchest
12-07-2005, 01:29 PM
i would rather have harrison, smith (who has had his share of misbehaving) and holt too, but none will be available and way out of steelers price range. t.o. probably will be too.

but what if he wanted to play for the steelers at a bargain price to try to win, a sb, prove he can be a team player, and win a sb. this attitude change is gonna be the only way for him to put $$$ in his pockets beyond next year. a smart agent would be telling him exactly this.

t.o. in the steelers offense could EASILLY catch 60-70 balls in a year with 12-15 td's and lead the league in yards per catch. the locker room is strong and it would be hard for him to get away with his antics. instead of being "the guy" like he was in frisco or philly he would just be one of the dudes.

KC_Steeler
12-07-2005, 01:48 PM
the locker room is strong and it would be hard for him to get away with his antics. instead of being "the guy" like he was in frisco or philly he would just be one of the dudes.

That is the exact thinking of Philly...He wasn't supposed to be the guy in philly they had alot of stars and look what happended there....I still say NO!

Would anyone trade 1 Super Bowl for few losing seasons? any thoughts

Koopa
12-07-2005, 01:58 PM
With it looking like we may not be in the playoffs,I say we make our 1st rounder a big,physical reciever.

no way we should waste a first round pick on reciever, we need a power running back before we need a receiver

and i wouldn't mind seeing t.o. in a steelers uniform, he's good for one year and then he becomes an ass, so get him for one year and win a superbowl and then let him go to another team

tony hipchest
12-07-2005, 02:07 PM
That is the exact thinking of Philly...He wasn't supposed to be the guy in philly they had alot of stars and look what happended there....I still say NO!

was also the same thinking in new england in regards with dillon. look what happened there. they took a chance and picked up the missing piece that allowed them to go 14-2 and steamroll to another sb win. a super bowl and a few losing seasons is better than no superbowl and a few losing seasons.

Suitanim
12-07-2005, 02:13 PM
Corey Dillon's off-field troubles are like a kid shoplifting compared to a mass-murderer...there's that much difference between the 2 players mentality.

RoethlisBURGHer
12-07-2005, 02:32 PM
i would rather have harrison, smith (who has had his share of misbehaving) and holt too, but none will be available and way out of steelers price range. t.o. probably will be too.

but what if he wanted to play for the steelers at a bargain price to try to win, a sb, prove he can be a team player, and win a sb. this attitude change is gonna be the only way for him to put $$$ in his pockets beyond next year. a smart agent would be telling him exactly this.

t.o. in the steelers offense could EASILLY catch 60-70 balls in a year with 12-15 td's and lead the league in yards per catch. the locker room is strong and it would be hard for him to get away with his antics. instead of being "the guy" like he was in frisco or philly he would just be one of the dudes.

I didn't mean that I wanted that player (I know they'd be too high priced) but someone in thier mold.Lots of skill,but not too ****y...not a locker room disurbance,fun and funny,not "me me me" and someone who'll rip a team apart.

tony hipchest
12-07-2005, 03:19 PM
Corey Dillon's off-field troubles are like a kid shoplifting compared to a mass-murderer...there's that much difference between the 2 players mentality.
not really. dillon talked shit about his team just like owens did. he was un happy just like owens was. i agree t.o. is a nut job. but he brings it and lays it all on the field.

SteelCityMan786
12-07-2005, 04:02 PM
Daniel Rooney. His IQ Is A lot higher than T.O. He will NOT SIGN TO!

SteelCityMan786
12-07-2005, 04:11 PM
Well If I had to add 1 extra receiver to take pressure off of Hines Give Us Troy Brown. He Can Burn any player.

Livinginthe past
12-07-2005, 05:36 PM
not really. dillon talked shit about his team just like owens did. he was un happy just like owens was. i agree t.o. is a nut job. but he brings it and lays it all on the field.

Tony,

The Dillon situation was a million miles from being a T.O. situation.

Dillon never called out his own QB for losing his nerve.

Dillon was never part of a team that would EVER challenge for any honors under its current management.

Dillon never threatened to not play unless his monetary demands were met.

The Dillon situation was one of a Pro-bowl calibre RB who was not content to sit back and watch his team embarrass themselves year in year out despite his own best efforts (every year bar one was a 1000yd year)

Im grateful we have Dillon right now - my only wish is we could have had him a few years earlier where we would have alot more mutual success.

NM

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
12-07-2005, 05:50 PM
Not only would the steelers never consider signing TO
TO himself would never sign with the steelers...he knows they are a run first second third and once again and maybe pas later team........
He would never sign with them.
And personally i hope TO is out of football......hopefully every team out there will see that TO is a parasite that will eventually ruin your team

tony hipchest
12-07-2005, 06:17 PM
Tony,

The Dillon situation was a million miles from being a T.O. situation.

Dillon never called out his own QB for losing his nerve.

Dillon was never part of a team that would EVER challenge for any honors under its current management.

Dillon never threatened to not play unless his monetary demands were met.

The Dillon situation was one of a Pro-bowl calibre RB who was not content to sit back and watch his team embarrass themselves year in year out despite his own best efforts (every year bar one was a 1000yd year)

Im grateful we have Dillon right now - my only wish is we could have had him a few years earlier where we would have alot more mutual success.

NM

miles away??? dillon said hed rather flip burgers than play for the bengals. instead of calling out whichever pathetic qb they had at the time he called out the WHOLE ORGANIZATION.

dillon got himself benched with the emergence of rudi johnson with a mystery injury that never seemed to heal.

the t.o. situation was one of a pro-bowl calibur wr who was not content to sit back and watch its teams embarras itsself whether it was s.f. falling apart due to cap issues or the eagles embarrasing themselves in the superbowl despite his best efforts.

they are strikingly similar. only difference is that 1 wears a ring and the other doesnt, and one (dillon) immediately got a re-done contract and an extension.

tony hipchest
12-07-2005, 06:57 PM
Not only would the steelers never consider signing TO
TO himself would never sign with the steelers...he knows they are a run first second third and once again and maybe pas later team........
He would never sign with them.
And personally i hope TO is out of football......hopefully every team out there will see that TO is a parasite that will eventually ruin your team

well if the steelers dont ATLEAST consider it for the right price then they are stupid.

if the organizations mission statement is to field a team with players of impeccable character, rather than winning a sb, they should just come out and say it. didnt we have bam morris last time we went to a sb?

that run 1st, 2nd, 3rd, philosophy is great but it has sucked the last 3 weeks when steelers cant muster 100 yds rushing. with ben throwing bombs to t.o. do you think defenses would be stacking the box?

point is, as an organization you must be willing to take a chance now and then. buc's brought in keyshawn and traded for gruden. j. jones won the sb's with a crack head whoring wr. he then acquired a volotile "me, me, me" guy deion sanders. pats brought in dillon, eagles t.o. oakland had barrett robbins and gave rod woodson a shot to resume his career. rams traded for marshall faulk and let a grocery boy qb their team (character actually counted in this instance, but the point is the rams took a chance, risk and made a splash.) ty law was a druggie. the list goes on.....

t.o. just opened his big fat mouth and offered a candid opinion and stomped on the star in dallas. if i were him id be kinda pissed to if i was rehabbing my knee for the sb at less than market value and all my teammates can say is "we dont need him anyways" "we made it this far 3 years without him" (not direct quotes) did he handle the matter wrong? yes. does he have a snowballs chance in hell to become a steeler? no. not to even consider it though is a huge mistake. especially if he can be gotten at bargain price.

i prefer chevy's over fords but i sure as hell would drive a brand new mustang for $5000.

clevestinks
12-07-2005, 07:02 PM
Dillion vs. TO ? Not even close. Dillion may have issues, but TO is beyond issues, he issues turned into team , then league issues!

BigDude66687
12-07-2005, 11:10 PM
TO was one of the 2 best players on philly he wasnt one of the guys he was one of the most vocal people becuase Reid is a players coach.

TO was making a valid point in asking for money sooner rather than waiting until the later years in his contract, its known that most football organisations have no loyality

StillerPaul
12-08-2005, 04:59 AM
If it could guarantee us a SB win i'd take him (only for a year). If not? No chance in hell i'd take him. But like so many have said before, there is simply no chance at all of Cowher OR the Rooney's even thinking about it. C'mon we all know they are conservative, not risk takers.

Livinginthe past
12-08-2005, 02:09 PM
miles away??? dillon said hed rather flip burgers than play for the bengals. instead of calling out whichever pathetic qb they had at the time he called out the WHOLE ORGANIZATION.

dillon got himself benched with the emergence of rudi johnson with a mystery injury that never seemed to heal.

the t.o. situation was one of a pro-bowl calibur wr who was not content to sit back and watch its teams embarras itsself whether it was s.f. falling apart due to cap issues or the eagles embarrasing themselves in the superbowl despite his best efforts.

they are strikingly similar. only difference is that 1 wears a ring and the other doesnt, and one (dillon) immediately got a re-done contract and an extension.

Amazing,

You basically regurgiatated what I said - then used it to justify your comparison to T.O

The Eagles are not the Bengals for goodness sakes - one has been a perennial challenger for the NFC championship for the last 7/8 years - the other has been the laughing stock of the AFC for even longer than that.

McNabb is a quality QB who has made every effort to be the ultimate competitor and team-mate - the Bengals made one comic blunder after another earning themslves the nickname the BUNGLES - no comparison.

You seem to have a weird blindspot with regard to T.O. anyway - I believe you are one the people who believes that T.O would 'never act up' if had to deal with the Steelers lockeroom - you are possibly the only poster who think this.

Oh - another part of your argument I had to laugh at was your definition of the Eagles 'embarrassing themselves' in the SuperBowl - last I remember they lost by 3 points - you probably need to work on your defintion of embarrassment.

Cheers

NM

tony hipchest
12-08-2005, 02:39 PM
Amazing,

You basically regurgiatated what I said - then used it to justify your comparison to T.O

The Eagles are not the Bengals for goodness sakes - one has been a perennial challenger for the NFC championship for the last 7/8 years - the other has been the laughing stock of the AFC for even longer than that.

McNabb is a quality QB who has made every effort to be the ultimate competitor and team-mate - the Bengals made one comic blunder after another earning themslves the nickname the BUNGLES - no comparison.

You seem to have a weird blindspot with regard to T.O. anyway - I believe you are one the people who believes that T.O would 'never act up' if had to deal with the Steelers lockeroom - you are possibly the only poster who think this.

Oh - another part of your argument I had to laugh at was your definition of the Eagles 'embarrassing themselves' in the SuperBowl - last I remember they lost by 3 points - you probably need to work on your defintion of embarrassment.

Cheers

NM why should i define embarassement according to YOUR world views? it is a subjective term. i can dress like pippi longstocking for a halloween party and not feel embarrased. you might. i could walk around at a nude beach and not be embarrassed you might. you might not be embarrassed walking around in a patriots jersey from their 1-15 season. i would. im sure mcnabb would admit he was embarrassed throwing 3 int in that game.

the reason i "regurgitated" what you said is because none of your points seperated what dillon did from what t.o. did.

youre the one who said that they were a million miles apart (grossly overexaggerated). i showed, proof, facts, and examples where they are the same. youre trying to tell me that it is not alright for t.o. to call out donovan because he is a really good qb, but its ok for someone like dre bly to do the EXACT same thing to harrington because he sucks? see the double standard?

i think you have blinders on regarding dillon because he is a patriot. fact of the matter is the only difference is that the patriots immediately gave dillon a contract extension and more money (they did right by him in terms of market value and the production he brought to the team. he was rewarded for his efforts regardless of the fact that he had just signed the contract before last season.)

according to your logic one should be able to blast all the sucky refs with no reprecussions but face a fine if they blast a good refs. i dont get how dillon can be so righteous for blasting a shitty team or player and t.o. is villified for blasting a good one.

Livinginthe past
12-08-2005, 02:46 PM
why should i define embarassement according to YOUR world views? it is a subjective term. i can dress like pippi longstocking for a halloween party and not feel embarrased. you might. i could walk around at a nude beach and not be embarrassed you might. you might not be embarrassed walking around in a patriots jersey from their 1-15 season. i would. im sure mcnabb would admit he was embarrassed throwing 3 int in that game.

the reason i "regurgitated" what you said is because none of your points seperated what dillon did from what t.o. did.

youre the one who said that they were a million miles apart (grossly overexaggerated). i showed, proof, facts, and examples where they are the same. youre trying to tell me that it is not alright for t.o. to call out donovan because he is a really good qb, but its ok for someone like dre bly to do the EXACT same thing to harrington because he sucks? see the double standard?

i think you have blinders on regarding dillon because he is a patriot. fact of the matter is the only difference is that the patriots immediately gave dillon a contract extension and more money (they did right by him in terms of market value and the production he brought to the team. he was rewarded for his efforts regardless of the fact that he had just signed the contract before last season.)

according to your logic one should be able to blast all the sucky refs with no reprecussions but face a fine if they blast a good refs. i dont get how dillon can be so righteous for blasting a shitty team or player and t.o. is villified for blasting a good one.

Well Tony,

If you want to define embarrassment as losing the SB by 3 points - then you are welcome to - I find that beyond rational thought - but its a free world.

If you think that the Corey Dillon scenario is almost identical to the T.O fiasco - then, again, you are welcome to your opinion.

I suppose the fact that no-one on this board bar you thinks that is just some sort of of co-incidence - maybe you are right and everyone else is wrong.

Im not sure I can what Dre Bly has to do with all this anyways......

NM

clevestinks
12-08-2005, 06:07 PM
Back to the solution!

We need a deep threat for Ben, and a healthy thumb, to put a ring on!

Suitanim
12-08-2005, 06:09 PM
TO played a great game in the Super Bowl, but one must wonder...

Did TO care what team he played for? Did it even enter his mind? Sure, he probably wanted to win the game, but I think TO saw the Super Bowl as a giant platform to show the World just how great TO was and damn everything else. The troubles started, and snowballed, immediately after that game.

tony hipchest
12-08-2005, 06:19 PM
let me spell out the dre bly example (although i think its pretty self explanatory.)

you said there was no comparrison between dillon blasting his organization and t.o. blasting his organization. sounds like the same thing to me. your reasonning was that t.o. blasted a winner and dillon blasted a loser "laughing stock".

morally and ethically there is NO difference. using youre reasonning and argument and logic i can infer that it is ok for bly to throw harrington under the bus cause he sucks and is a laughing stock qb in the nfl but is is not al right for t.o. to do exactly the same thing with donovan because he is great and a team player. again what is the difference? can you not see the double standard you are representing?

you are more hung up on this embarrasement issue rather than addressing the points at hand. the only difference between t.o. and c. dillon is a sb ring and dillon got his extension and payraise. t.o. did not.

you cannot use double standards to prove that the 2 situations are a million miles apart. i have distinctly and precicely shown how they are very, very similar.

1 simple question needs to be answered. what did t.o. do to get him suspended? he publicly spoke out against the orgnization and 1 particular team mate. what did dillon do? publicly spoke out against the organization. whats the difference between blasting a team losing the super bowl and losing the season? both are irrelevant in this argument. after all 1 team is a winner and 31 teams losers after all is said and done, right?

were not talking about apples and oranges here, and im totally staying with in the confines of logic and debate while presenting this argument. i will not buy the double standard that it is ok to publicly blast a sucky team mate or organization but it is totally wrong and worth the penalty of being blackballed by the nfl for blasting a good franchise or team mate. its wrong either way.

as far as t.o. goes im not a huge fan. and i know the steelers would never even consider signing him. but i must play devils advocate because a player with his talents who would fill one of our greatest needs must atleast be looked at. if for nothing else to drive up the price for a team like the patriots who may try to get him on the cheap and seriously upgrade their wr core. of course you will say they would never have it but they did bring in dillon and a player like d. terrell right?

simple fact here: t.o. WILL be playing footbal in the nfl next year.
another simple fact: pittsburgh explored the option of ty law who has been busted with ecstacy and publicly ripped his head coach. just cause they didnt shell out the big bucks for him doesnt mean the steelers didnt consider him for the right price. they did contribute in driving up the price for him though and look where the jets are now. now i will assume you have no idea what t. law has to do with this, and probably be offended when i say......another patriot had character flaws, probably more than any steeler. but he was a WINNER and the steelers gave him a call. again feel free to detach yourself from 1 sentence about embarrasement and address the points that actually matter.

tony hipchest
12-08-2005, 06:30 PM
TO played a great game in the Super Bowl, but one must wonder...

Did TO care what team he played for? Did it even enter his mind? Sure, he probably wanted to win the game, but I think TO saw the Super Bowl as a giant platform to show the World just how great TO was and damn everything else. The troubles started, and snowballed, immediately after that game.

t.o. will not let himself be defined by a sb win or loss. then again neither will dan marino. and why did the rooneys pass on dan marino? because of rumors and allegations and worries of partying and cocaine use. thats it. i will stand here right now and say marino would have helped the steelers franchise greatly if he had been a steeler thru the 80's and 90's. maybe the rooneys shouldnt open there mind as far as t.o. is concerned but maybe they should loosen up a little. no group of 53 men is gonna have perfect character, but doesnt that appear to be what the front office striving for? alonzo jackson was a PERFECT fit for the steelers cause his character was great. too bad he sucked on the field. (unlike living in the past, i hope you understand what a. jackson has to do with the point i just made)

tony hipchest
12-08-2005, 06:43 PM
jerry jones and jimmy johnson have both expressed that signing t.o. could work.

the difference between them and the steelers and cowher? multiple sb wins in the last 20 years.

while it appears that im beating the drum that t.o. is the answer to the steelers problems if you look a little deeper i am saying maybe a philosophical change in the front office is in order to fix the steelers problems. which ultimately is the topic of this thread and t.o. just so happens to be the perfect example.

theoretically if a stretch the field wr was the only missing link (which i dont think it is) then the rooneys need to be atleast flexible enough to consider and explore it.

take a chance!

no balls, no glory!

not necessairily with t.o. but sometime please. and firing cowher is not the answer!

Livinginthe past
12-09-2005, 04:40 PM
let me spell out the dre bly example (although i think its pretty self explanatory.)

you said there was no comparrison between dillon blasting his organization and t.o. blasting his organization. sounds like the same thing to me. your reasonning was that t.o. blasted a winner and dillon blasted a loser "laughing stock".

morally and ethically there is NO difference. using youre reasonning and argument and logic i can infer that it is ok for bly to throw harrington under the bus cause he sucks and is a laughing stock qb in the nfl but is is not al right for t.o. to do exactly the same thing with donovan because he is great and a team player. again what is the difference? can you not see the double standard you are representing?

you are more hung up on this embarrasement issue rather than addressing the points at hand. the only difference between t.o. and c. dillon is a sb ring and dillon got his extension and payraise. t.o. did not.

you cannot use double standards to prove that the 2 situations are a million miles apart. i have distinctly and precicely shown how they are very, very similar.

1 simple question needs to be answered. what did t.o. do to get him suspended? he publicly spoke out against the orgnization and 1 particular team mate. what did dillon do? publicly spoke out against the organization. whats the difference between blasting a team losing the super bowl and losing the season? both are irrelevant in this argument. after all 1 team is a winner and 31 teams losers after all is said and done, right?

were not talking about apples and oranges here, and im totally staying with in the confines of logic and debate while presenting this argument. i will not buy the double standard that it is ok to publicly blast a sucky team mate or organization but it is totally wrong and worth the penalty of being blackballed by the nfl for blasting a good franchise or team mate. its wrong either way.

as far as t.o. goes im not a huge fan. and i know the steelers would never even consider signing him. but i must play devils advocate because a player with his talents who would fill one of our greatest needs must atleast be looked at. if for nothing else to drive up the price for a team like the patriots who may try to get him on the cheap and seriously upgrade their wr core. of course you will say they would never have it but they did bring in dillon and a player like d. terrell right?

simple fact here: t.o. WILL be playing footbal in the nfl next year.
another simple fact: pittsburgh explored the option of ty law who has been busted with ecstacy and publicly ripped his head coach. just cause they didnt shell out the big bucks for him doesnt mean the steelers didnt consider him for the right price. they did contribute in driving up the price for him though and look where the jets are now. now i will assume you have no idea what t. law has to do with this, and probably be offended when i say......another patriot had character flaws, probably more than any steeler. but he was a WINNER and the steelers gave him a call. again feel free to detach yourself from 1 sentence about embarrasement and address the points that actually matter.

Tony,

I still cannot fathom your logic on this subject - you are saying that the Eagles are just as liable for criticism as the Bengals?

How about we use real life examples?

Scenario A

You are employed by a company and you have put your best effort in for a number of years and have proven yourself to be one of the best in your field - but despite all this the companies overall performance is abysmal.

Fed up with the lack of progress and ambition shown by your company you decide to take your talents elsewhere where they will be more effectively utilised - its should be highlighted that you have given this company the best 7 years of your career and have always produced to the best of your ability......thats 7 YEARS continued loyalty to a losing cause.

Scenario B

You are employed by highly regarded company - recently as high as 2nd best in their field and consistently competitive for the last 7/8 years.
This company has taken a risk on employing you due to your past poor behaviour - it sees you as the final piece in its jigsaw to be the best in its field and it rewards you with a very nice fat contract which you accept.
However after a succesful business year, a business year in which you missed some crucial time due to sickness, you decide that you are worth alot more to this company than you originally thought.

You ask for a pay rise and are refused - the company have signed you to a 7 year contract and expect you to honor it.
You then decide to take your situation public and bad mouth everyone at your company - calling your workmates out - effectively labelling them gutless losers.

All this is after just 1 year of employment....yes....ONE LOUSY YEAR.

Also Tony, your cliched response of 1 winner and 31 losers was pure Madden - im pretty sure the Cardinals and the Eagles dont look back on their season and consider themselves in similar situations.....you are utterly delusional if you think so.

If you still dont 'get it' after this post then I give up - you obviously have set up a position and have decided to stick it come what may.

NM

tony hipchest
12-09-2005, 05:03 PM
Tony,

I still cannot fathom your logic on this subject - you are saying that the Eagles are just as liable for criticism as the Bengals?

How about we use real life examples?

Scenario A

You are employed by a company and you have put your best effort in for a number of years and have proven yourself to be one of the best in your field - but despite all this the companies overall performance is abysmal.

Fed up with the lack of progress and ambition shown by your company you decide to take your talents elsewhere where they will be more effectively utilised - its should be highlighted that you have given this company the best 7 years of your career and have always produced to the best of your ability......thats 7 YEARS continued loyalty to a losing cause.

Scenario B

You are employed by highly regarded company - recently as high as 2nd best in their field and consistently competitive for the last 7/8 years.
This company has taken a risk on employing you due to your past poor behaviour - it sees you as the final piece in its jigsaw to be the best in its field and it rewards you with a very nice fat contract which you accept.
However after a succesful business year, a business year in which you missed some crucial time due to sickness, you decide that you are worth alot more to this company than you originally thought.

You ask for a pay rise and are refused - the company have signed you to a 7 year contract and expect you to honor it.
You then decide to take your situation public and bad mouth everyone at your company - calling your workmates out - effectively labelling them gutless losers.

All this is after just 1 year of employment....yes....ONE LOUSY YEAR.

Also Tony, your cliched response of 1 winner and 31 losers was pure Madden - im pretty sure the Cardinals and the Eagles dont look back on their season and consider themselves in similar situations.....you are utterly delusional if you think so.

If you still dont 'get it' after this post then I give up - you obviously have set up a position and have decided to stick it come what may.

NM

what does corporate america have to do with football player squables?:grin:

i get your points and somewhat agree, but what we are discussing is much more philosophical thaqn just football. take this real life scenario.

a scumbag rapes and beats my mother to a pulp but gets off of all charges based on a legality. i go out and put a slug in their head.

a 21 year old crackhead who has knowingly been infecting numerous women with aids robbs a convinience store and kills the clerk.

we will still both be charged with the same count of murder. infact with my premeditation i might face murder 1 while the robbery gone bad faces murder 2.

it doesnt matter that i was a great outstanding citezen and the criminal was scum.

murder is still murder

BlitzburghRockCity
12-09-2005, 06:39 PM
Back to the solution!

We need a deep threat for Ben, and a healthy thumb, to put a ring on!

uumm, yeah that suggestion hasnt worked so well....

slashsteel
12-09-2005, 07:18 PM
I don't know I have to agree that Dillon was no TO. TO has a proven track record for disrupting team chemistry. Dillon only had one situation and he has not been a disruption for the pats.

TO will be a headache for whichever team he goes too.

I think Manning and Brees would be possibly the only QB's that he wouldn't complain to.

SteelCityMan786
12-10-2005, 09:38 AM
I don't know I have to agree that Dillon was no TO. TO has a proven track record for disrupting team chemistry. Dillon only had one situation and he has not been a disruption for the pats.

TO will be a headache for whichever team he goes too.

I think Manning and Brees would be possibly the only QB's that he wouldn't complain to.

That's one reason why I do not want TO. He will give teams headaches. I laughed so hard at the Eagles Fans When He Got himself in trouble with the Eagles Franchise. I just hope he doesn't come to our Burgh Unless He Cleans Up His Act And FLYS RIGHT!

clevestinks
12-10-2005, 07:30 PM
I think TO being a head case and a cancer to whatever team he is on , is a no brainer