PDA

View Full Version : Sarah Palin!

steelcity_88
11-07-2008, 12:13 PM
Just kidding, check this out though.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/20081107/us_time/shouldkidsbeabletograduateafter10thgrade#full

I'm torn on this one. On the plus side this could get people into work faster, maybe even benefit the economy at one point down the road if this becomes a popular thing in states. But then again, being relatively young myself still, I know how stupid 16 year old kids can be. I'm sure this would let alot of them lower their goals and settle for less. One guy in the article claims a $60 billion dollar savings a year if it happened nationwide, but not sure if that's a good trade-off for lowering our educational standards EVEN more. Kinda scares me to be honest.

Thoughts?

tony hipchest
11-07-2008, 12:44 PM
hell, move em in and move em out as quickly as possible. theres alot of dumb stuff taught in schools that can be trimmed out, anyways.

i mean who really needs to know whether africa is a country or continent or what countries make up north america? :chuckle:

stlrtruck
11-07-2008, 01:15 PM
Yeah Tony, I agree, who needs to know that there's 50 states! :flap:

Steel Duck
11-07-2008, 01:31 PM
:oops:

Godfather
11-07-2008, 01:36 PM
Terrible subject line! That's false advertising...I came in for pictures and was sorely disappointed.

rbryan
11-07-2008, 01:36 PM
Why stop there, lets just do away with school altogether.

Anyone see the Luke Wilson movie "Idiocracy"

Thats the direction our society is headed whether kids go to school or not anyway. Lets just cut to the chase. More money for Brawndo once we eliminate the salaries for teachers, administrators, etc...

tony hipchest
11-07-2008, 01:44 PM
Yeah Tony, I agree, who needs to know that there's 50 states! :flap:c'mon he didnt even say 57 states, he said fitty-sumthin'. he was just misheard.

being that he went to harvard law and taught constitutional law we know that not only is he aware that there are 50 states, but im sure he also knows all of their dates of ratification or admittance to the union.

sahara palin it seems, couldnt even wrap her mind around the concept that africa is a continent made up of countries, not a country made up of states. :chuckle:

i dont know, i think kids who can absorb the material in 10 years should be allowed to do so, and those who struggle with basic core curriculum can simply repeat the grade without holding the good students back. going by the slowest kids pace isnt the way to do it though.

SCSTILLER
11-07-2008, 01:54 PM
i dont know, i think kids who can absorb the material in 10 years should be allowed to do so, and those who struggle with basic core curriculum can simply repeat the grade without holding the good students back. going by the slowest kids pace isnt the way to do it though.

My dad's fiancee (that still sounds wierd) is a teacher down here in South Carolina and she is not ALLOWED to fail students. She has to retest them, using the same exact test, over and over again until they get a passing grade. Talk about complete BS! :banging:

steelcity_88
11-07-2008, 02:14 PM
My dad's fiancee (that still sounds wierd) is a teacher down here in South Carolina and she is not ALLOWED to fail students. She has to retest them, using the same exact test, over and over again until they get a passing grade. Talk about complete BS! :banging:

What grade does she teach? I could see this for the younger kids, but anything past around 5th grade is just horrible.

stlrtruck
11-07-2008, 04:07 PM
Why stop there, lets just do away with school altogether.

Anyone see the Luke Wilson movie "Idiocracy"

Thats the direction our society is headed whether kids go to school or not anyway. Lets just cut to the chase. More money for Brawndo once we eliminate the salaries for teachers, administrators, etc...

That was a funny movie but also a RED FLAG went up when you look at today's children, the education system, and the such.

There use to be a day that teachers were held accountable for their students and students use to be held accountable for their grades.

Vis
11-07-2008, 04:45 PM
I was hoping this was about her announcement of a playboy spread

Steel Duck
11-07-2008, 05:21 PM
I was hoping this was about her announcement of a playboy spread

You becha!!! :puke:

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-08-2008, 06:35 AM
hell, move em in and move em out as quickly as possible. theres alot of dumb stuff taught in schools that can be trimmed out, anyways.

i mean who really needs to know whether africa is a country or continent or what countries make up north america? :chuckle:

...or if Roosevelt was president in 1929....and made "television" appearences at that time.

....And last night, in an interview with CBS Evening News, Biden misspoke when he told anchor Katie Couric that today's leaders should take a lesson from the history books and follow former President Franklin D. Roosevelt's response to a previous national financial crisis.

Declared Biden: When the stock market crashed, Franklin D. Roosevelt got on the television and didn't just talk about the, you know, the princes of greed. He said, 'Look, here's what happened.'

What's wrong with that, some might ask?

Well, for starters Republican Herbert Hoover was president when the stock market crashed in October 1929. Second, Roosevelt didn't take office until four years later. And, not to be picky, but there were also no televisions in use at the time. Radio was Roosevelt's favored medium.
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2008/09/biden-fdr.html

Might want to stop with the one-sided juvenile swipes Tony....your ammo ended when the election ended....Whereas the other side has 4 years of gaffes to resupply those who wish to feed it back to you.

Let it go and grow up.

SteelCityMan786
11-08-2008, 11:18 AM
Yeah Tony, I agree, who needs to know that there's 50 states! :flap:

Barack Obama does!! lol.

EpGH02DtIws

tony hipchest
11-08-2008, 12:03 PM
...or if Roosevelt was president in 1929....and made "television" appearences at that time.

Might want to stop with the one-sided juvenile swipes Tony....your ammo ended when the election ended....Whereas the other side has 4 years of gaffes to resupply those who wish to feed it back to you.

Let it go and grow up.
wow. looks like someone is still touchy and hypersensitve. did i make a funny about your precious sarah? LOL you are so in love!

theres a report post feature or you can just keep on tattle-telling to the mods. but you are not one and i dont march to your orders, bub.

your little biden link is ancient (almost as old as himself) and as long as you are still around i will NEVER run out of "ammo". :rolleyes:

:toofunny:

Leftoverhard
11-08-2008, 12:17 PM
Ok, the 57 states crap is so lame.
I've said this before - He didn't say - "There are 57 states in the union". He said "I've been to 57 states." If you were traveling all over the country and went to some states more than once, you could easily say that you'd been to 57 states! It's mind numbing that some of you actually believe that this man who is clearly very intelligent (even if you don't like his politics) actually doesn't know how many states there are. Come on! It's a fact that to be president you have to have a very high level of intelligence, even GWB is way smarter than his many gaffes - he's easy to poke fun at but I don't think for one second that he's stupid.
And I don't even count the "57 states" thing as a gaffe.

Leftoverhard
11-08-2008, 12:20 PM
theres a report post feature or you can just keep on tattle-telling to the mods.

People actually use that feature? I've been using message boards for about 10 years and I've never even considered pushing that button.

Preacher
11-08-2008, 12:24 PM

I find it interesting that this is important, but our next president takes a shot at a former first lady.. but that doesn't matter.

:rolleyes:

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-08-2008, 12:32 PM
wow. looks like someone is still touchy and hypersensitve. did i make a funny about your precious sarah? LOL you are so in love!

theres a report post feature or you can just keep on tattle-telling to the mods. but you are not one and i dont march to your orders, bub.

your little biden link is ancient (almost as old as himself) and as long as you are still around i will NEVER run out of "ammo". :rolleyes:

:toofunny:

Yep...I did say something to the mods about you attacking my faith in a rep comment (not even man enough to do it on the board)...in the hopes they could get you to act like a man next time instead of being a coward ....you have something to say...say it on the board.

My faith and my family are off limits .......I didnt post it on the forum but took it to the mods so that everyone wouldnt know what a POS you are...but since you want to air it here...well...lets just call it confirmation.

1) You are not mature enough to let the election go....and be a gentleman
2) You abandoned 90% of the people in this forum in a mean-spirited hateful and very immature way ....in the name of politics.
3) the vast majority of people have moved on....outside of answering your constant posts full of non-facts and intellectual limitations.
4) Your not funny, but rather mean-spirited and condescending....Your not smart, but rather juvenile....Your not honest, but would rather dodge and weave your way through responses with smilies and lies...instead of admitting your lack of knowledge

You have BECOME the troll of this forum.

Congratualtions....

...you must be proud.

fansince'76
11-08-2008, 12:37 PM
Enough's enough, folks.