PDA

View Full Version : Not all announcers hate the Steelers!

Hapa
11-07-2008, 04:50 PM
http://blogs.nfl.com/2008/11/06/steelers-linebacker-corps-impresses-simms/

Simms impressed by Steelers’ linebacking corps

Posted: Adam Schefter | Adam Schefter | Tags: Indianapolis Colts, Pittsburgh Steelers

Pittsburgh pummeled Washington on Monday night, distinguishing itself to the football world and CBS analyst Phil Simms.

After watching the Steelers, Simms served up they type of praise normally reserved for the Steel Curtain teams.

“What hits me since I have watched the Steelers, and I covered them since I’ve been in the television business since 1995, is the linebackers,” said Simms, who will be the analyst for Sunday’s Steelers-Colts game. “This might be the best group of linebackers I have ever seen with the Steelers.

“And that is saying a lot with all the ones that I’ve covered –- Levon Kirkland –- you name them. This current group can do it all. There are five of them and they just rotate. You know the Steelers defense is built around their linebackers, but they have exceeded everything that you could hope from a group on the defensive side.

“I mean, blitzing, covering people, running plays down from behind, having the strength to take it on when it comes right out. It’s fun to watch.”

For everyone except Peyton Manning.

NJarhead
11-07-2008, 04:58 PM
No one hates the Steelers (save Collinsworthless).

Dino 6 Rings
11-07-2008, 05:20 PM
No one hates the Steelers (save Collinsworthless).

Good cause I hate Collinsworth so its an even field for us.

jjpro11
11-07-2008, 05:42 PM
Simms is running to us because his true love Brady is done for the year. he had to move on.

Steelerfreak58
11-08-2008, 02:51 AM
Goodell loves our Linebackers so much that he fines them every week for hitting people in a game of TACKLE football... I know go figure!!!

GBMelBlount
11-08-2008, 06:57 AM
Our linebacking corps is REALLY something special. They more than make up for having to watch our offense at times.....I guess that is also why we've been fortunate enough to rack up so many W's so far.

KeiselPower99
11-08-2008, 07:58 AM
Just think next year when Bruce Davis is turned loose.

SteelCityMan786
11-08-2008, 11:28 AM
Good cause I hate Collinsworth so its an even field for us.

I hate Pencilneck Collinsworthless to. He sounds like some babbling idiot whenever he analyzes games. But then again he was a Bengal, so I guess I shouldn't expect any less.

RJW76
11-09-2008, 08:16 AM
Aikman does, though. But Gus Johnson loves everybody, even me.

"WHAT A POST!!! CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS!!! WOWWWWWWWWWW!!!"

HometownGal
11-09-2008, 09:13 AM
Really, it's nice to hear any of the sports media saying anything good about our Steelers.

As for Simms - of course he is going to praise our linebackers. He's thanking his lucky stars that he still isn't playing and have to face them! :chuckle: I'd love nothing more than to see Woodley, Farrior or Silverback standing over him plucking that blonde mop out by the roots. :applaudit: