PDA

View Full Version : Fast Willie has a torn labrum in his shoulder????

Fire Haley
11-09-2008, 11:01 AM
Willie Parker Has Torn Labrum, It's Unclear When He'll Play Again This Season

According to NFL Network's Adam Schefter, it could be something that keeps Parker out for more than one game:

Willie Parker found out during the week that he has a torn labrum in his shoulder. He went for a second opinion on that shoulder on Friday; if and when he plays again this season, he's going to have to wear a harness; they're awaiting the results of a second test ... to see the proper course of action is.

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2008/11/09/w...ell-play-agai/

--------------------------------------------

If true, and it's as bad as it sounds........we're doomed, again....:mad:

Report: Torn shoulder could sideline Steelers RB Parker for season

Pittsburgh running back Willie Parker will miss his fifth game of the past six Sunday because of a shoulder injury as the Steelers play the Indianapolis Colts, and there are questions about when he will play again.

According to NFL.com, Parker was told this week that he has a torn labrum in his shoulder that will require offseason surgery, If Parker does play this season, he will have to wear a shoulder harnass.

Parker returned from a four-game layoff with a sprained knee to rush for 71 yards against the Washington Redskins on Monday night but injured the shoulder on a fluke play and did not practice all week.

Parker spent Friday getting a second opinion according to NFL.com, an opinion that will determine Parker's course of action from this point.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3691898

---------------------------------

Crappola!!!

Dino 6 Rings
11-09-2008, 11:05 AM
We win games with a broke arm QB, a 3rd string RB, a 2nd string LT and New Center, New RG...doomed? EF that, we are just getting ready to break in some more faces is all. Just gives other guys a chance to get in on the blood letting and eat our opponents lunch. I fear not, Willie will play again this year, and when we need him most. Like in the Playoffs. For now, we just win with the pieces we got and keep on keeping on.

I shall have NO negativity. None!

Fire Haley
11-09-2008, 11:07 AM
I'll warm up the needle.

devilsdancefloor
11-09-2008, 11:32 AM
Memo has been playing very good since willie went down with the knee !!DOOMED bah no way! Memo adds the extra treat of pass catching out of the backfield (if been decides to dump it off to his check down). We have a excellent team willie is NOT our entire team. hell im going out on a limb, but i would say if we could score 10 to 13 points a game the rest of the year we will win 80% of what games are left due to our D. This team is not going to lay down and call the season over. :jammin: :tt03:

MACH1
11-09-2008, 11:38 AM
I think we'll be OK with Memo. I'm more concerned with the QB situation.

Fire Haley
11-09-2008, 11:40 AM
rah rah siss boom bah

http://www.ezthemes.com/previews/w/wall_lollipops.jpg

I've started drinking....why haven't you?

steelcity_88
11-09-2008, 11:46 AM
Holy hell. I know we have been doing great with having people step it up for the injured starters, but what happens if Moore goes down now if Parker is out for an extended period? Are you guys comfortable with Davis or Russell in the playoffs? Looks like we may be going out to pick another RB up in a few days if the news on Parker isn't good. Any ideas?

stillers4me
11-09-2008, 11:51 AM
What if , what if, what if...............????????

:willy:

Fire Haley
11-09-2008, 11:52 AM
Welcome back dumptruck, don't unpack your bags.

cowboykilla
11-09-2008, 11:54 AM
It doesn't matter. As long as the defense shows up it's nothing. I'm worried about Roethlisberger's shoulder. He should sit this one out and worry about getting healthy for the playoffs.

steelcity_88
11-09-2008, 12:18 PM
What if , what if, what if...............????????

:willy:

True, it's SO unlikely that Moore will get injured. That only happens to first and second stringers!

TeeJay
11-09-2008, 12:27 PM
This weekend......................

....."Moore.......to the 40, 50, cuts it, down to the 40, 30, to the 20, 10..5,.... Touchdown... Steelers.".........:tt03:

Mewelde has proven his worth. Let's not doom The Steelers just yet. Let's get a healthy Ben and Fast Willie in to the Play-Offs, even if it means via the Wild-Card. (We all know what can happen then! :tt:)

In Moore we Trust!

stillers4me
11-09-2008, 12:31 PM
True, it's SO unlikely that Moore will get injured. That only happens to first and second stringers!

Let Tomlin worry about it if and when it happens.

steelreserve
11-09-2008, 01:27 PM
This could be exactly the shot in the arm that our offense needs to be consistent for the rest of the season.

Of course, you do worry about depth, so I at least hope Willie is able to play in case of emergency. Otherwise, if Moore goes down, we'll either have to bring Dookie back again or bust Maurice Clarett out of jail.

If Moore stays healthy, we should be fine. Parker? Trade him for draft picks after the season, for all I care.

jjpro11
11-09-2008, 01:33 PM
you guys are downplaying this a bit too much.. this sucks. we have lost our 1 and 2 rbs now.. the first of which, is a pro bowler.

TeeJay
11-09-2008, 01:36 PM
Parker? Trade him for draft picks after the season, for all I care.

Ouch!!! That's harsh!

A fit 'Fast' Willie is basically a 100+ yard game, near enough every game!!!

Willie's not The Bus (no one will be). He can't take 3 or 4 people with him for a few extra yards. Willie is the man, who given the blocks, will break one when it's needed....he has the speed and ability to make the play that will change a game. He's just been unluckly with injuries this year. S**t happens, as they say. It's just seems 'Fast' Willie has been shat on a lot this year!

Sith Lord
11-09-2008, 02:08 PM
Is Killer and Spike from SN one in the same??

I PITCHED the last quarter of the season with tears in my labrum. I know the shoulder wasn't getting hit, but a few cortizone shots should get him through to the offseason.

He shouldn't have to shut it down....I hope.

SteelCityMan786
11-09-2008, 02:10 PM
Willie Parker Has Torn Labrum, It's Unclear When He'll Play Again This Season

According to NFL Network's Adam Schefter, it could be something that keeps Parker out for more than one game:

Willie Parker found out during the week that he has a torn labrum in his shoulder. He went for a second opinion on that shoulder on Friday; if and when he plays again this season, he's going to have to wear a harness; they're awaiting the results of a second test ... to see the proper course of action is.

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2008/11/09/w...ell-play-agai/

--------------------------------------------

If true, and it's as bad as it sounds........we're doomed, again....:mad:

Report: Torn shoulder could sideline Steelers RB Parker for season

Pittsburgh running back Willie Parker will miss his fifth game of the past six Sunday because of a shoulder injury as the Steelers play the Indianapolis Colts, and there are questions about when he will play again.

According to NFL.com, Parker was told this week that he has a torn labrum in his shoulder that will require offseason surgery, If Parker does play this season, he will have to wear a shoulder harnass.

Parker returned from a four-game layoff with a sprained knee to rush for 71 yards against the Washington Redskins on Monday night but injured the shoulder on a fluke play and did not practice all week.

Parker spent Friday getting a second opinion according to NFL.com, an opinion that will determine Parker's course of action from this point.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3691898

---------------------------------

Crappola!!!

Who says he won't get it up to the point that he can play with the harness. He has a great back up in Moore.

Galax Steeler
11-09-2008, 02:15 PM
We will be ok Moore is a reliable backup and has proven it he should have a good game against the colts.

KeiselPower99
11-09-2008, 11:35 PM
I read on yahoo that Willie Parker has a torn labrum and could miss the rest of the year. Ouch

Steelman16
11-09-2008, 11:36 PM
I read on yahoo that Willie Parker has a torn labrum and could miss the rest of the year. Ouch

Has anyone confirmed this? I've heard several different reports, and supposedly Willie denied the report of the torn labrum.

Either way, it looks like it could be Mewelde Moore from here on out.

ricksteelers55
11-10-2008, 12:26 AM
I say bring back the bus

jjpro11
11-10-2008, 12:48 AM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08315/926828-66.stm?cmpid=steelers.xml

paker is supposed to return next week.. i hope he can hold up though this season.

Big7BenHOF
11-10-2008, 01:10 AM
Fast Willie just can't seem to stay healthy.

MACH1
11-10-2008, 01:16 AM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08315/926828-66.stm?cmpid=steelers.xml

paker is supposed to return next week.. i hope he can hold up though this season.

If he comes back next week, lets hope he doesn't start fumbling. It could have an affect on holding onto the ball.

Rhee Rhee
11-10-2008, 01:46 AM
btw willie parker has denied reports of having a torn labrum...

amazing how words can be twisted..