PDA

View Full Version : How long must this keep up?

Edman
11-09-2008, 01:14 PM
The Steelers have been getting ripped to shreds by injuries each and every week. I don't need to get in-depth about them. Players are going down all over the place. Despite this, the Steelers are still 6-2.

Something is going to give sooner or later. We're in the second half of the season and approaching the home stretch. This will test Tomlin's ability as a coach. There is no time for a let down today in Pittsburgh. I can't help but feel nervous.

TeeJay
11-09-2008, 01:47 PM
It's up to players who step out on that field. It definitely is time to 'make the doughnuts'.
Suck it up and do it for Pittsburgh, not just the City and the people of Pittsburgh, but for the Supporters Nationwide, and Worldwide. But more importantly for each other.... as a team. If they can do that, and walk away from Heinz Field with their heads held high, then, The Steelers are in good shape.

Win or lose, if the players out on that field for that game, show the passion, guts, determination and downright dogged 'Steeler' attitude, that Steeler fans love and have come to expect, then we won't be going too far wrong.

Off course, if they go out there and whimper their way through 4 quarters, then that'll be another thing!! :mad:

F**K the injuries.......that's just an excuse they use in New England!! :tt03::tt03::tt03::blah:

fansince'76
11-09-2008, 01:49 PM
F**K the injuries.......that's just an excuse they use in New England!!

:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :thumbsup:

jjpro11
11-09-2008, 02:35 PM
last year injuries is what did us in.. so its not wrong to feel a bit worried by all of them this year.

PalmerSteel
11-09-2008, 02:41 PM
short term injuries can make a good team great as long as you have them back a few weeks before the playoffs start. BUT if we continue these injury issues til the end of the season or even last week of regualr season, this will bite us in the azz and we will be disapointed with the final results of the season.

fansince'76
11-09-2008, 03:19 PM
short term injuries can make a good team great as long as you have them back a few weeks before the playoffs start. BUT if we continue these injury issues til the end of the season or even last week of regualr season, this will bite us in the azz and we will be disapointed with the final results of the season.

Wasn't this supposed to be a 7-9 (or thereabouts) "rebuilding" season for us due to the murderous schedule anyway? It's the NFL, everyone (except maybe Tennessee) has their share of injuries and all we can do is play the cards we're dealt.

SteelCityMan786
11-09-2008, 03:20 PM
Wasn't this supposed to be a 7-9 (or thereabouts) "rebuilding" season for us due to the murderous schedule anyway? It's the NFL, everyone (except maybe Tennessee) has their share of injuries and all we can do is play the cards we're dealt.

:thumbsup: Amen Brother. Gotta play with what you got.

TeeJay
11-09-2008, 03:32 PM
Only in circumstances of adversity, do winners truely come to the fore. :thumbsup:

And it could be worse.............................you could be a Bungle! :rofl:

OX1947
11-09-2008, 03:45 PM
I respect all of your sayings and wishful hopes and "the next guy needs to step up" mantras, but if this continues we are not going to field a team worthy of winning a Super Bowl by January. And to me that is a wasted year considering how much depth and talent the steelers have. Other then the O-line, the steelers are great at every position. If these injuries dont stop, what happen last year is going to happen again....

fansince'76
11-09-2008, 03:50 PM
I respect all of your sayings and wishful hopes and "the next guy needs to step up" mantras, but if this continues we are not going to field a team worthy of winning a Super Bowl by January. And to me that is a wasted year considering how much depth and talent the steelers have. Other then the O-line, the steelers are great at every position. If these injuries dont stop, what happen last year is going to happen again....

How many people considered us to be SB worthy in the offseason? All I kept hearing was that we would be lucky to break .500 due to the brutal schedule and shitty OL and that the Browns would win the division. Was last year really so bad? I thought 2006 was about 50X worse.

OX1947
11-09-2008, 03:56 PM
How many people considered us to be SB worthy in the offseason? All I kept hearing was that we would be lucky to break .500 due to the brutal schedule and shitty OL and that the Browns would win the division. Was last year really so bad? I thought 2006 was about 50X worse.

Anyone who takes even a 1% interest in anything a prognosticator or "expert" says before a start of a season is an idiot. My 3 yr old cousin knows how to predict team success better then some of these morons that BSPN and NFL network hire who can't even speak English let alone analysis anything worth taking into consideration.

TeeJay
11-09-2008, 04:00 PM
Anyone who takes even a 1% interest in anything a prognosticator or "expert" says before a start of a season is an idiot. My 3 yr old cousin knows how to predict team success better then some of these morons that BSPN and NFL network hire who can't even speak English let alone analysis anything worth taking into consideration.

I looked at the schedule when it came out......I shouted out "F**king H Bollocks". Bit of a shame I was in the Library at the time! :wave:

I'm no longer accepted in the Library Fraternity!

fansince'76
11-09-2008, 04:00 PM

Wasn't just experts and prognosticators saying it - more than a few around here were writing off this season as a rebuilding year as soon as they took one look at the schedule. Long way to go until January.

PalmerSteel
11-09-2008, 04:16 PM

obviously thats what they will do because thats what they have to do. everyone has their share, but not this big of a share. "supposed" to be 7-9? huh?