PDA

View Full Version : Bold Prediction!

revefsreleets
11-09-2008, 04:02 PM
In the 2012 election, the GOP will challenge incumbent Barrack Obama with Virginia Rep Eric Cantor. He's very likely going to be the minority whip. He's young, telegenic, Jewish (breaking with the GOP WASP stereotype and appealing to cultural diversity), conservative, a strong advocate of fiscal conservatism and government accountability, and, most importantly, he has a base of Democratic voters that vote across party affiliations for him in his home state.

Write it down. You heard it hear first. Just as Kerry's defeat promulgated the rise of Obama, McCain's defeat will do the same for Cantor.

augustashark
11-09-2008, 06:03 PM
I see a couple of other people in the mix as well as cantor.

Gov. Bobby Jindal will be right at the top of the list. John Boehner rep from Ohio will also be talked about for the next 4 years. I think with those three that the GOP is in better shape then we were this year. Oh yea, I still think Romney will be in the mix also.

revefsreleets
11-09-2008, 07:44 PM
Jindal is in the mix. Definitely grant you that.

I can't see Boehner, and I'm from Ohio, so...

Romney will be crucified when the onion layers are peeled back from Mormonism. He's a veep candidate at best.

But the next guy will be young and hungry and in the mold of Reagan. And he'll probably win. Obama I'm sure is a fine man, but he's already realizing he bit off WAY too much in order to win. I'm seeing serious reports (which is proof positive in my book that the media is SUPER left leaning) where they discuss in which order Obama will tackle the financial crisis, Global Warming, the War in Iraq, Iran, and alternative fuel in his first term.

If he's lucky, and he pours all his resources into one, he may make headway or maybe even "fix" one of the above. ONE of the above.

Too many promises. And now he's going to be too spread thin trying to deliver on all instead of delivering one or two real victories.

augustashark
11-09-2008, 10:57 PM
Jindal is in the mix. Definitely grant you that.

I can't see Boehner, and I'm from Ohio, so...

Romney will be crucified when the onion layers are peeled back from Mormonism. He's a veep candidate at best.
But the next guy will be young and hungry and in the mold of Reagan. And he'll probably win. Obama I'm sure is a fine man, but he's already realizing he bit off WAY too much in order to win. I'm seeing serious reports (which is proof positive in my book that the media is SUPER left leaning) where they discuss in which order Obama will tackle the financial crisis, Global Warming, the War in Iraq, Iran, and alternative fuel in his first term.

If he's lucky, and he pours all his resources into one, he may make headway or maybe even "fix" one of the above. ONE of the above.

Too many promises. And now he's going to be too spread thin trying to deliver on all instead of delivering one or two real victories.

I very much disagree. I personally feel that if Romney would have been the R's choice then we would have won or been much closer. The message of "same as Bush" would have never held water since Romney was never in Washington. Did'nt we learn that no matter how many layers you pull of a candidate it does not stop them from winning. Romney being a morman would not keep him from being president.

I'm from Ohio also and I was'nt saying that Boehner would throw his hat into the ring, but if he wanted he would have plenty of support.

Preacher
11-09-2008, 11:02 PM
I very much disagree. I personally feel that if Romney would have been the R's choice then we would have won or been much closer. The message of "same as Bush" would have never held water since Romney was never in Washington. Did'nt we learn that no matter how many layers you pull of a candidate it does not stop them from winning. Romney being a morman would not keep him from being president.

I'm from Ohio also and I was'nt saying that Boehner would throw his hat into the ring, but if he wanted he would have plenty of support.

Romney has a better chance because Governer's usually don't have to answer the "experience" question like senators do. They have a better handle on executive leadership. I however, would be leary of Romney as he has never governed from the right, or even really center right.

Jindal may be a good choice, with Cantor as a veep.

You just don't make the leep from congress to the presidency unless the person you're running against is also a congressman. The last person to do it? JFK.

revefsreleets
11-10-2008, 09:31 AM
He'd have a couple years as the minority whip under his belt. He's WAY more experienced than Obama is currently.

And Mormon's believe when you die, you get your own planet. It's one step away from Scientology. Mormonism is too flaky to hold up under a microscope...