PDA

View Full Version : Who gets the Goat of the game

moedap
11-09-2008, 07:11 PM
Big Ben

Gave 14 pts to the colts by giving them short field.

HereWeGoSteelers219
11-09-2008, 07:13 PM
Roethlisberger. Seriously should consider Byron.

MACH1
11-09-2008, 07:14 PM
Ben....No doubt.

Edman
Three is not the charm. This is circa 2006. Steelers hand over games on a silver platter.

That's three games blown thanks to the offense being unable to get things done and doing their best to lose the game. Sure enough, we lost. Poor execution and poor play. Bad passes, poor O-Line blocking, bad everything.

What an ass effort by Holmes on that second pick. So far this year he's been a disappointment. Screw him.Ben, whatever the hell this guys problem is, he needs to get over it. Time for him to be benched. O-Line, a better effort, but it still sucked ass.

I hate these 4:00 games. We always play like shit in them. Enjoy your evening, folks. And enjoy the next 4:00 game as well. The Chargers are better than the Colts and it wouldn't surprise me if they whooped us next week.

HereWeGoSteelers219
Seriosly, if he's hurt, BENCH HIM. He totally blew this game. I better not hear him after the game say "we're just gonna go out there and battle next week". You blew the game Ben, it's on you.

OB_Steelers
11-09-2008, 07:15 PM
yup he threw away this game

SteelersJW
11-09-2008, 07:16 PM
Ben [I]and[I] Dallas Baker. He really screwed up that last drive with the dropped pass which made us use one of our last timeouts. And he could have made a better attempt to catch the hail mary in the endzone. i'm really pissed off.

X-Terminator
You can't turn the ball over twice deep in your own territory against the Colts and expect to win. It's as simple as that. Ben and the O cost the team another game they should have won.

MasterOfPuppets
the entire Oline....EVERY team the colts have played ran all over them...why couldn't the steelers? 1700 LBS OF F'N WORTHLESS !!!

moedap
11-09-2008, 07:18 PM
Three is not the charm.

That's three games blown thanks to the offense being unable to get things done and doing their best to lose the game. Sure enough, we lost. Poor execution and poor play. Bad passes, poor O-Line blocking, bad everything.

What an ass effort by Holmes on that second pick. So far this year he's been a disappointment. Screw him.

Ben, whatever the hell this guys problem is, he needs to get over it.

I hate these 4:00 games. We always play like shit in them. Enjoy your evening, folks.

That wasnt an ass effort on Holmes Ben threw it high! That loss goes totally on Ben shoulders. Maybe the coaches for calling those dumb ass plays plays on 3rd and 2.

moedap
11-09-2008, 07:19 PM
the entire Oline....EVERY team the colts have played ran all over them...why couldn't the steelers? 1700 LBS OF F'N WORTHLESS !!!

Dont blame that on the O line.

fdp
11-09-2008, 07:20 PM
Ben, can't give the opposing team the ball like that, especially the Colts, they may not be playing like they usually do, but its still the Colts

X-Terminator
I also have to throw some at Arians as well. He continues to amaze me with making the worst possible play call at the worst possible time. You're ahead by 3 with 6 minutes left in the game, against a clearly worn-down D. All signs point to pounding the ball, right? Wrong! Instead, we get a WR screen that goes for -3 yards, putting Ben in a 2nd-and-long situation. 2 plays later, Ben throws the INT. I mean, come on! Use your head, BA!

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Ben and the 2 mminute play calling???

X-Terminator
11-09-2008, 07:22 PM
That wasnt an ass effort on Holmes Ben threw it high! That loss goes totally on Ben shoulders. Maybe the coaches for calling those dumb ass plays plays on 3rd and 2.

Yes, it was an ass effort on his part. He stopped the route short. If he runs through it, he likely makes the catch. Sorry, but that one is not on Ben.

MasterOfPuppets
11-09-2008, 07:22 PM
Dont blame that on the O line.
OH....i thought the oline was supposed to block for the running backs....silly me. :doh:

pinkcookies26
11-09-2008, 07:25 PM
This is on Ben, again, but do not forget Ike Taylors tipped ball that was an easy pic, plus Troy dropped a pic 6 also. When you have 2nd and goal from the 1 at home in a game like this you better get in the endzone. Ben, O line play, and dropped pics by the D. Way too many mishaps to be considered a real contender to me. We should of squashed these guys. We are not a charity!

MasterOfPuppets
11-09-2008, 07:25 PM
I also have to throw some at Arians as well. He continues to amaze me with making the worst possible play call at the worst possible time. You're ahead by 3 with 6 minutes left in the game, against a clearly worn-down D. All signs point to pounding the ball, right? Wrong! Instead, we get a WR screen that goes for -3 yards, putting Ben in a 2nd-and-long situation. 2 plays later, Ben throws the INT. I mean, come on! Use your head, BA!you didn't like the 10 wr screens today? they may not of got any yardage, but they're nice safe throws....:doh:

SteelersMongol
11-09-2008, 07:26 PM
Ben 4 sure. He needs 2 sit down with that injury thing.

jjpro11
11-09-2008, 07:27 PM
troy didnt drop it, the receiver tipped it from him. taylor didnt really have a chance at that int, it was just out of his reach.. ben lost us the game, it is solely on ben today.

TeeJay
As much as I don't want to slag him off, that Intereption before just before half time - Bad....bad throw. (Not that I could any better, but for that money I'd give it a bloody good go!)

The O knows they've let everyone down, but at least it's them that have to face the D in the changing room. (Not even the flies want to be in there atm!!)

Still.......6 and 3.........still good, still got everything to play for.

Let the RatBirds assume they have the ascendancy..........that's just how The Steelers like it. Come out fighting next week.

Black and Gold baby, Black and Gold!! :tt03:

Steel_Bus_24

couldn't have said it better myself

Im so FFFFFing sick and tired of watching that Offense(Across the Board) Piss down their leg when there is more then 4 people on the line of scrimmage.........It truly is freaking disgusting

The whole O deserves a major kick in the ass.

Ben WTF has happened to you??? You look more lost then you were when you were a rookie.........In the last couple of weeks, any time theres a pressure situation.....you've completely folded and walked off with your tail in between your legs

Thats it for me, I'll always be a Steelers fan but Im done putting all my energy into these games......I'll end up having a heart attack at 22.

HereWeGoSteelers219
This is on Ben, again, but do not forget Ike Taylors tipped ball that was an easy pic, plus Troy dropped a pic 6 also. When you have 2nd and goal from the 1 at home in a game like this you better get in the endzone. Ben, O line play, and dropped pics by the D. Way too many mishaps to be considered a real contender to me. We should of squashed these guys. We are not a charity!

It's on Ben. No excuses. When you give the other team 14 points, you are going to lose.

Edman
11-09-2008, 07:28 PM
Like I said earlier today, something has got to give. This Steelers team has far too many critical holes and too many injuries to go all the way. This loss will hurt down the road. The second in three games. Instead of taking a firm grip on 2nd place in the AFC, we're right in the thick of it with everyone else. Oh yeah, and we're tied with Baltimore, whose schedule only gets easier as the season goes on.

100 million dollar man screwed up royally. No more excuses for him. It's obvious he can't get the job done anymore this season. He's lost 'it'. Also doesn't help that Airbrain's playcalling was atrocious once again. I'm tired of passing and seeing shotgun on 3rd and 2.

This 'offense' is complete ass. They've cost the Steelers three very winnable games this year. Now I know how Raven fans felt. Even their offense is better than ours.

HereWeGoSteelers219
11-09-2008, 07:29 PM
Quarterback is now a huge question mark on this team. Ben cannot get the job done.

Paul Pyrch
11-09-2008, 07:30 PM
:pissed:No question about it at all! Ben has to stop the interceptions and the O line needed to open up the hole for Mooreat the goal line when Moore was smothered and should have scored. This is getting tiresome to say the least. The Colts wanted it more than we did.

fansince'76
11-09-2008, 07:30 PM
Gonna be a fun week....

hizmi
11-09-2008, 07:31 PM
This thread is a joke...right?

MasterOfPuppets
11-09-2008, 07:31 PM
Quarterback is now a huge question mark on this team. Ben cannot get the job done.it certainly doesn't help when your running game averages a yd a carry.

X-Terminator
11-09-2008, 07:33 PM
you didn't like the 10 wr screens today? they may not of got any yardage, but they're nice safe throws....:doh:

I personally don't like the WR screen at all and think they should take that play and bury it. It never works.

HereWeGoSteelers219
it certainly doesn't help when your running game averages a yd a carry.

It certainly doesn't help when your quarterback gives them the ball at the 30 yard line.

TeeJay
Gonna be a fun week....

Lets invade the Browns Forums!! :thumbsup::chuckle:

tony hipchest
I also have to throw some at Arians as well. He continues to amaze me with making the worst possible play call at the worst possible time. You're ahead by 3 with 6 minutes left in the game, against a clearly worn-down D. All signs point to pounding the ball, right? Wrong! Instead, we get a WR screen that goes for -3 yards, putting Ben in a 2nd-and-long situation. 2 plays later, Ben throws the INT. I mean, come on! Use your head, BA!unfortunately, that falls on tomlin, and not arians.

kmsteelerwr15
11-09-2008, 07:34 PM
Ben, if hes really hurt than he shouldnt play but no he keeps hurting our team by doing this plus he plays scared and that just wont cut it

LVSteelersfan
11-09-2008, 07:34 PM
Ben giftwrapped it for them and stupid, idiot Pothead Holmes let that last interception happen. What the heck is he doing out there? I thought he did all of that Florida stuff that is supposed to make him so strong. He weinied out on that play so bad that he should be benched. He cannot return punts worth a crap either. Don't tell me the pot smoking does not affect the game. He is an IDIOT. That INT is not on Ben, it is on Holmes. I hate watching this team get stuffed on the one yard line. I HATE IT. We can no longer claim that we have a smashmouth football team because our line sucks.

X-Terminator
11-09-2008, 07:35 PM
Quarterback is now a huge question mark on this team. Ben cannot get the job done.

OK, now I have to throw a penalty flag here. Ben's last 2 performances notwithstanding, QB is NOT-repeat NOT - a question mark. He has shown in the past that he can get the job done, and I, for one, still believe in him when I'm sure most of Steeler Nation - predictably, I might add - have given up on him.

hizmi
11-09-2008, 07:37 PM
I also have to throw some at Arians as well. He continues to amaze me with making the worst possible play call at the worst possible time. You're ahead by 3 with 6 minutes left in the game, against a clearly worn-down D. All signs point to pounding the ball, right? Wrong! Instead, we get a WR screen that goes for -3 yards, putting Ben in a 2nd-and-long situation. 2 plays later, Ben throws the INT. I mean, come on! Use your head, BA!

Pound the ball? Where? Straight into the line of scrimmage for no gain like we had all game?

I liked the play calling....get some first downs and don't let manning have a chance. Execution was poor, especially by Holmes who stopped his route rather than get across the face of the defender.

steveironcity
11-09-2008, 07:38 PM
As pap used to say- Sh*t happens. Ben Gets the blame, but the team played mediocre. Including the D

HereWeGoSteelers219
11-09-2008, 07:38 PM
OK, now I have to throw a penalty flag here. Ben's last 2 performances notwithstanding, QB is NOT-repeat NOT - a question mark. He has shown in the past that he can get the job done, and I, for one, still believe in him when I'm sure most of Steeler Nation - predictably, I might add - have given up on him.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Makaveli
11-09-2008, 07:39 PM
The facts of the matter are as such,.....the O-line isn't as bad as most would make them out to be. The Defense is not as good as most would make them out to be.

Coach Lebeau is as good as advertised .Even though he doesn't have a great deal of talent on the field outside of Troy in the secondary. And Ike to a degree...(whom did leave everything on the field tonight).

The Math is simple,.......what is the common thread in ALL of our most disgusting losses for at least the past 14 years and even before ?,...........

Steelthe#1dynasty

With all do respect, other than TD's at the goal line, the running game wasn't hitting on all cylinders the entire game. Do you recall last year's playoff game against the the Jags on the 3rd and short? You put the ball in the hands of the "supposed franchise QB"... making oh 27 million dollars this season. Of course, Ben blew the game again and we are now tied with the Ratbirds for the division. The o-line is god awful and Ben hasn't shown up for the big games since the 05' playoff run. Time for Ben to check is ego and get healthy.... Lefty should start next week's game.

NV STEELERS 723
HHmm we will be in the Super Bowl though!

X-Terminator
11-09-2008, 07:40 PM
Pound the ball? Where? Straight into the line of scrimmage for no gain like we had all game?

I liked the play calling....get some first downs and don't let manning have a chance. Execution was poor, especially by Holmes who stopped his route rather than get across the face of the defender.

The Colts' D was worn out, and they had started to run the ball better on the previous drive even though they got stopped at the 1. Yes, you absolutely run the ball and try to play field position while eating some time off the clock. You DON'T run a WR screen in that situation that has a chance to - and did - go for a loss. It was not the right call at that particular moment, sorry.

TeeJay
11-09-2008, 07:40 PM
and I, for one, still believe in him when I'm sure most of Steeler Nation - predictably, I might add - have given up on him.

Everyone still does, and he's still the man to lead The Steelers to that 6th Ring, when he's fit - And atm, he's just not fit (at least something's wrong). So someone, whether it's Ben himself, Tomlin or Arians has to say....ok, we need to rest him, this isn't working.

NV STEELERS 723
11-09-2008, 07:41 PM
Coach Tomlin.

X-Terminator
11-09-2008, 07:44 PM
Everyone still does, and he's still the man to lead The Steelers to that 6th Ring, when he's fit - And atm, he's just not fit (at least something's wrong). So someone, whether it's Ben himself, Tomlin or Arians has to say....ok, we need to rest him, this isn't working.

Judging from this thread, it's clear that everyone does NOT believe in him. Fine. I still do, even if others don't. I'm not going to give up on a guy who already has won a SB and is coming off a Pro Bowl season where he broke several Steelers records.

Edman
I'd also like to point out that the Steelers can no longer make claim as a smashmouth team. The running game has evaporated. Stuffed at the Goal Line against one of the worst run defenses in the league. Unacceptable.

Thank God I don't have to go to school tomorrow.

Ben...Ben...Ben...:shake01:

tony hipchest
The facts of the matter are as such,.....the O-line isn't as bad as most would make them out to be. The Defense is not as good as most would make them out to be.

Coach Lebeau is as good as advertised .Even though he doesn't have a great deal of talent on the field outside of Troy in the secondary. And Ike to a degree...(whom did leave everything on the field tonight).

The Math is simple,.......what is the common thread in ALL of our most disgusting losses for at least the past 14 years and even before ?,...........

aaron smith? and i saw keisel playing his balls off.

it really doesnt matter now though because steelerfans will flock to the power rankings and see teams like the patrios and ravens, now ranked ahead of them.

panic will ensue.

we need to make the playoffs and sure as hell hope were healthy enough to advance.

willie, mendenhall and moore woulda absolutely destroyed todays colts. we dont got that, yet we still make the most with what we got and still got the game in hand.

bens is the goat. he deservs it. owns it. and will wear it well...

VegasStlrFan
11-09-2008, 07:47 PM
Ben's on pace for 50+ sacks, 20+ ints, less than 20 td's, and a passer rating in the 70's (league average is mid 80's). Doesn't look good

meelanova
11-09-2008, 07:50 PM
Its Ben. Minus the 2 int's we'd win. But where's the run game? How come Russell got no carries?

HometownGal
I only saw 1/2 of the game, but I have to go with the consensus here and give Ben a big kick in the ass. His injuries are obviously taking a huge toll on his game and I think he probably should have handed the ball over to Lefty in the 4th quarter when we were still going neck to neck with the Colts.

I love ya big guy, but we needed this one today. Put away the ego, man up and if you aren't at least at 80% (which you clearly were not today), contribute from the sidelines. It's not like you don't have a very capable backup to get the job done until you are physically able to play like the Ben we all know and love. Damn this one hurt today.

Steelthe#1dynasty
Coach Lebeau is as good as advertised .Even though he doesn't have a great deal of talent on the field outside of Troy in the secondary. And Ike to a degree...(whom did leave everything on the field tonight)...........

The fact of the matter is that the defensive line and LB's did not get enough pressure on the Manning today. Not having LWood in the lineup really hurt our pressure packages opposite of Harrison. I really don't buy into the fact that our secondary is not talented. For example, the Giants secondary is not very good but they have a great front four. Our d-line was designed to stop the run. Occasionally, they are able to get the QB (ala Aaron Smith today). You gotta take the rough with the smooth. Without the likes of Woodley, the d-line match ups did not favor us. Ben also threw the game. We should have won the game 20-10.

X-Terminator
11-09-2008, 07:51 PM
is it a coincidence that we are 0-3 in 4:15PM starts and 6-0 at every other time or is there something behind it?

Don't quite understand that either, and it's been going on for more than just this season.

Makaveli
11-09-2008, 07:55 PM
aaron smith? and i saw keisel playing his balls off.

it really doesnt matter now though because steelerfans will flock to the power rankings and see teams like the patrios and ravens, now ranked ahead of them.

panic will ensue.

we need to make the playoffs and sure as hell hope were healthy enough to advance.

willie, mendenhall and moore woulda absolutely destroyed todays colts. we dont got that, yet we still make the most with what we got and still got the game in hand.

bens is the goat. he deservs it. owns it. and will wear it well...

Panic won't ensue Tone,...i think that many will finally cease to be such "yes men" and women when it comes to truthfully evaluating the current roster.

And that goes for EVERY player whom sets foot upon the field,...to all those standing upon the sidelines looking inept, impotent and foolish.

In truth Tone i feel like,...F@ck the power rankings. The men on this roster decide their own fate. Except,..for one thing,....one cat's mistakes,..can render ALL of their efforts meaningless.

mistermoose
11-09-2008, 07:55 PM
Big Ben is the goat and needs to sit and rest all his injuries. Then, if he still stinks up the place, then he needs to sit permanently.

Havik
11-09-2008, 07:56 PM
Ben looked like he didn't want to be there the entire game. He would have been better off on the sideline.

TeeJay
11-09-2008, 07:57 PM
Judging from this thread, it's clear that everyone does NOT believe in him. Fine. I still do, even if others don't. I'm not going to give up on a guy who already has won a SB and is coming off a Pro Bowl season where he broke several Steelers records.

It's the expected backlass after a defeat - someone has to take the blame right at this instant, and yup, seeing as Ben played as shitty as he did, he gets first prize.

But, when the dust settles, so to speak, no one would want Ben to leave - that would be stupidity bordering on *********ism. (And yes, I haven't a clue what that last word was meant to be either!)

:tt03: :noidea::tt02::helmet:

Steelthe#1dynasty
11-09-2008, 07:58 PM

I'll give the guy the benefit of the doubt because he led us to the 5th ring but I'm starting to loose patients for the man. I'm tired of these wretched games...

stillers4me
11-09-2008, 07:59 PM

Totally agree.

The blame goes all around for this one. And that's typically how we lose games.

One strike obviously goes with Ben.

But another, like someones said, goes to Tomlin. Sit Ben down! I know he's not going to completely recover trhis season, but you can tell how it's affecting the game. Let him rest and stew for a couple for games. We all know what Ben is capable of. A healthy Big Ben is a dangerous Big Ben. Tomlin should have put Byron in for the fourth quarter. We would have won that game, barely but a win is a win.

I give a third strike to the "number one defense in the league". If they would have held the Colts to field goals after the picks, we still win the game.

Pass the blame around.

SteelCityMan786
11-09-2008, 08:00 PM
This was a team loss. No ifs ands or buts.

X-Terminator
11-09-2008, 08:01 PM
I'll give the guy the benefit of the doubt because he led us to the 5th ring but I'm starting to loose patients for the man. I'm tired of these wretched games...

And I'm not going to call for his benching and say that he's in essence a $100 million bust either just because of those wretched games. Pittsburgh is notorious for being unnecessarily hard on their QBs, and I'm not about to be part of that crowd.

eafratitpm3
11-09-2008, 08:03 PM
This team will continue to struggle as long as Ben is behind center. He gets happy feet as soon as he gets the ball. He needs to sit and rest his MENTAL injuries. He's making so many rookie mistakes and unless he has blocking which we all know he won't get this year he's going to continue to cost this team. How many times do we have to see him shaking his head as he's coming off the field after either a missed 3rd down conversion or a pick. Maybe he should switch his number to #8.

steelergirl07
11-09-2008, 08:05 PM
I still would rather have Ben lead the team then any other QB.

For this game, I blame the whole team. As good as the defense played, they gave up some big plays. Holmes didn't impress me at all. Ben had two INT. Stupid play calling.

The only one I am not disappointed in is Moore. Did he have a game or what!!

Steel12
11-09-2008, 08:10 PM
Totally agree.

The blame goes all around for this one. And that's typically how we lose games.

One strike obviously goes with Ben.

But another, like someones said, goes to Tomlin. Sit Ben down! I know he's not going to completely recover trhis season, but you can tell how it's affecting the game. Let him rest and stew for a couple for games. We all know what Ben is capable of. A healthy Big Ben is a dangerous Big Ben. Tomlin should have put Byron in for the fourth quarter. We would have won that game, barely but a win is a win.

I give a third strike to the "number one defense in the league". If they would have held the Colts to field goals after the picks, we still win the game.

Pass the blame around.

No defense can hold every team to FGs. They are the #1 team offensively in the red zone Ben put our D in bad situations TWICE and he deserves most of the blame.

Steelman16
11-09-2008, 08:12 PM
This was our wakeup call for when the D isn't able to play like we did on Monday night.

Ben and the offense can't get it done. Ben should have thrown something short and see if we got yards after the catch on that first INT. Dumb play. Then, maybe we allow a FG and go in 10-17 at the half.

Lefty should have played the 2nd half. It was our game to lose, and we lost it bad.

Ben needs to quit trying to be the hero. He's obviously hurt; some of those throws had no power on them. We have a capable backup in Lefty. I don't why we didn't use him.

Moore had a great game, as did Ike Taylor beyond the tipped TD catch. I was disappointed that we didn't get more pressure on Manning in the second half, we had him frustrated after those 2 sacks.

Oh well. Hopefully Tomlin & Co learns from this game and moves on. San Diego is next.

stillers4me
11-09-2008, 08:14 PM
No defense can hold every team to FGs. They are the #1 team offensively in the red zone Ben put our D in bad situations TWICE and he deserves most of the blame.

We have before. They know Ben is off from his injuries and they know they have to have his back. It's not the way it should be, but they know what their job has to be while Ben is not 100%. If they had played today like they did last week, we have the win. I still say a part of this loss is on them.

RunWillieRun
11-09-2008, 08:19 PM
At the end of the day, the only half decent teams the steelers beat this year were Jacksonville and Baltimore....not exactly powerhouses. They just can't beat good teams, Giants, Eagles, Colts. Something has got to change for the Steeler to have any chance in the playoffs

plenewken
11-09-2008, 08:21 PM
Ben, no question. At $100 million, he's a very expensive goat.

HereWeGoSteelers219
11-09-2008, 08:21 PM
Ben just said that the 2nd pick was his fault, and that Santonio was supposed to break out. More proof that it was Bens fault.

fansince'76
11-09-2008, 08:22 PM
Ben, no question. At $100 million, he's a very expensive goat.

Where you been since April?

fansince'76
11-09-2008, 08:23 PM
At the end of the day, the only half decent teams the steelers beat this year were Jacksonville and Baltimore....not exactly powerhouses. They just can't beat good teams, Giants, Eagles, Colts. Something has got to change for the Steeler to have any chance in the playoffs

Redskins at home?

plenewken
11-09-2008, 08:26 PM
Where you been since April?

Doing lots of stuff here and abroad.

stillers4me
11-09-2008, 08:27 PM
On the bright side.........were there any injuries to note that anyone is aware of?

That would be a nice step in the right direction to have no one else sidelined next week.

stillers4me
11-09-2008, 08:29 PM
great qbs don't have 4-5 games like this. ben is a pro now but he is playing like a rookie. what does he do in the offseason? does he study football at all or does he just party? he hardly ever makes audibles or make reads on the secondary and blitzers like a peyton manning, tom brady, eli manning, philip rivers, etc.. he should be farther along then this

:doh:

Steel12
11-09-2008, 08:29 PM
We have before. They know Ben is off from his injuries and they know they have to have his back. It's not the way it should be, but they know what their job has to be while Ben is not 100%. If they had played today like they did last week, we have the win. I still say a part of this loss is on them.

Every week is different...sooner rather than later, Ben needs to get the offense rolling to help the defense stay fresher later in the game. I hear what you're sayin but that's asking the defense to do way more than they should have to.

smilz3672
11-09-2008, 08:31 PM
I am not happy at all about this loss. There really wasnt any reason to lose this game. Why on earth wouldnt they pull him and put in Byron, even for a little bit. Ben made some good throws, but he made some fundamentally bad ones. I know this is a team effort but tonight I cant say Im real happy with Bens performance. From a recent article hes been quoted as saying he's playing "sub par" football. If he knows this so should Tomlin. Just boggles my mind.

lilyoder6
11-09-2008, 08:33 PM
idk bout the goat of the game.... i mean the colts 1st td was pure luck... yes the 1st int was ben's fault.. and the 2nd was holmes stopping on the route... also when moore got stuffed don't know how we didn't get a td by the fact the prev 2 td's were from the same spot and we scored with ease..

stillers4me
11-09-2008, 08:35 PM
Every week is different...sooner rather than later, Ben needs to get the offense rolling to help the defense stay fresher later in the game. I hear what you're sayin but that's asking the defense to do way more than they should have to.

So you're saying that the D played to their full capabilities today? Sorry, i just don't think so.

X-Terminator
11-09-2008, 08:36 PM
It should be noted BTW that after the game, the OL was not real thrilled about the drive before Ben's second INT - they wanted to pound the ball and run out the clock, which is what they SHOULD have done rather than throw that WR screen out of the bunch formation (which should be buried right along with the WR screen) that lost 3 yards.

SteelCityMan786
11-09-2008, 08:49 PM
It should be noted BTW that after the game, the OL was not real thrilled about the drive before Ben's second INT - they wanted to pound the ball and run out the clock, which is what they SHOULD have done rather than throw that WR screen out of the bunch formation (which should be buried right along with the WR screen) that lost 3 yards.

I would like to know what the heck Arians was thinking calling that.

quarterback change
11-09-2008, 09:03 PM
i cannot belive the pittsuburgh steelers website does not have a forum. so i felt the need to vent and i googled a steelers forum and here i am. first of all im tired of hearing the announcers always saying wow such and such qb single handedly carried this team on his back and won without giving credit to the olines and stuff like that. now i want espn to come out and say wow big ben single handedly costed all his teammates and the city of pittsburgh a win. 1st thing first whats up with the horrible play calling? most teams with a 10 point lead backed up on there own 10 would run it 3 times and force the colts to use all there time outs and make them drive the ball with less time for a field goal then take a chance throwing it around like pitt did. then most teams practice the 2 minute drill meaning you got 2 minutes to go downfield and score. pittsburgh had 3 mins plus 2 timeouts. what else can you ask for. ben had thrown 8 interceptions in the last 3 games. the nfl averages 213 yards passing a game. ben averages 183. 30 yds below avg. then theres that stat which hold very true.if big ben attemps more then 26 passes he has only won 1 game in his career. he is not a very good quarterback and has proven he cannot carry the team on his shoulder when there running game is stuffed he should be benched in favor of byron until the steelers can find someone but thats not going to happen because they sighned him for 6 yrs and are not going to loose him and still pay him. thats the steeler way. ive been a steeler fan all my life and not till now am i so fed up with a single football player. he yaps at the refs wanting them to help him out when he holds on the ball all day and gets sacked. ive never said this before but am saying now. im not watching another steelers game until i hear there has been a quarterback change due to poor play. i know its my first post and may have upset some of you but thats how i feel and i got my chance to vent my fustrations.

fansince'76
11-09-2008, 09:06 PM
Decaf and punctuation are your friends.....

MACH1
11-09-2008, 09:06 PM
i cannot belive the pittsuburgh steelers website does not have a forum. so i felt the need to vent and i googled a steelers forum and here i am. first of all im tired of hearing the announcers always saying wow such and such qb single handedly carried this team on his back and won without giving credit to the olines and stuff like that. now i want espn to come out and say wow big ben single handedly costed all his teammates and the city of pittsburgh a win. 1st thing first whats up with the horrible play calling? most teams with a 10 point lead backed up on there own 10 would run it 3 times and force the colts to use all there time outs and make them drive the ball with less time for a field goal then take a chance throwing it around like pitt did. then most teams practice the 2 minute drill meaning you got 2 minutes to go downfield and score. pittsburgh had 3 mins plus 2 timeouts. what else can you ask for. ben had thrown 8 interceptions in the last 3 games. the nfl averages 213 yards passing a game. ben averages 183. 30 yds below avg. then theres that stat which hold very true.if big ben attemps more then 26 passes he has only won 1 game in his career. he is not a very good quarterback and has proven he cannot carry the team on his shoulder when there running game is stuffed he should be benched in favor of byron until the steelers can find someone but thats not going to happen because they sighned him for 6 yrs and are not going to loose him and still pay him. thats the steeler way. ive been a steeler fan all my life and not till now am i so fed up with a single football player. he yaps at the refs wanting them to help him out when he holds on the ball all day and gets sacked. ive never said this before but am saying now. im not watching another steelers game until i hear there has been a quarterback change due to poor play. i know its my first post and may have upset some of you but thats how i feel and i got my chance to vent my fustrations.

hey XT.....TA DAAA. :laughing:

stillers4me
11-09-2008, 09:10 PM
Ummmmmm.....the Steelers site does have a forum. My head hurts trying to read beyond that.

And uh......oh yeah, I see something there about how Ben can't carry the whole team on is shoulders. I guess he can't .........except for the games when he does? :hunch:

SteelCityMan786
11-09-2008, 09:12 PM

Sorry to be a bit of a pain, but they do have one. Just to go to fan zone and when it drops down click message board.

But anyway. Understandable. Vent away.

GBMelBlount
11-09-2008, 09:12 PM

COMPLETELY agree.

stillers4me
11-09-2008, 09:14 PM
Don't worry folks, this one is done watching Steelers games until we get a new QB. :chuckle:

iloveben7
11-09-2008, 09:15 PM
i'm sorry, but i'm leaving this horrible bashing forum. i hate how mostly everyone blames the game on Ben when only one INT was his fault, the o-line does horrible blocking, recievers dropped some balls, the horrible play calling-especially on that drive where Moore tried to run for a TD 3 times, and the defense didn't play up to their title of #1 in the league. There are a TON of Ben bashers on here and I hate it. I can't stand it anymore. Goodbye

fansince'76
11-09-2008, 09:16 PM
i'm sorry, but i'm leaving this horrible bashing forum. i hate how mostly everyone blames the game on Ben when only one INT was his fault, the o-line does horrible blocking, recievers dropped some balls, the horrible play calling-especially on that drive where Moore tried to run for a TD 3 times, and the defense didn't play up to their title of #1 in the league. There are a TON of Ben bashers on here and I hate it. I can't stand it anymore. Goodbye

It's like this after EVERY loss. :noidea:

iloveben7
11-09-2008, 09:17 PM
^i know and i've just had enough of it

stillers4me
11-09-2008, 09:18 PM
Get a grip people.

We're 6-3, no 3-6.

(or 1-8 :chuckle:)

fansince'76
Don't worry folks, this one is done watching Steelers games until we get a new QB. :chuckle:

Probably for the best.

HereWeGoSteelers219

Ben admitted postgame that the 2nd INT was his fault. Santonio did the right thing to break outside. Ben blew it.

quarterback change
11-09-2008, 09:26 PM
Get a grip people.

We're 6-3, no 3-6.

(or 1-8 :chuckle:)

do you always want to be a average football team? because thats what your going to get with ben is average. we havent a quarterback since bradshaw. its getting old seeing after game stats and all these rookies and 2nd 3rd year guys throwing for 250-300 yds with no interceptions or maybe 2tds and 1 pick then you see bens run across and its usually like 167 yds 1td 1 int. and worse lately.

Prok
11-09-2008, 09:28 PM
Seriosly, if he's hurt, BENCH HIM. He totally blew this game. I better not hear him after the game say "we're just gonna go out there and battle next week". You blew the game Ben, it's on you.

I've never known Ben not to take responsibility or hold himself accountable for mistakes, have you?

I've said this before and i'll say it again. We NEED to just run the damned no-huddle and see where that gets us. That offense best suits Ben's skill set plus with the lack of depth at RB we need to adjust our scheme. Beats the hell out of me why they gave it to us in the Jags and Bungle games yet haven't played it since, other than inside 2 minutes... At least it would give Ben a better chance to overcome his mistakes IMO.

fansince'76
11-09-2008, 09:30 PM
do you always want to be a average football team? because thats what your going to get with ben is average. we havent a quarterback since bradshaw. its getting old seeing after game stats and all these rookies and 2nd 3rd year guys throwing for 250-300 yds with no interceptions or maybe 2tds and 1 pick then you see bens run across and its usually like 167 yds 1td 1 int. and worse lately.

Average? We went 15-1 in 2004. We won the SB the next year. We've missed the playoffs ONCE since he's been here. GET A GRIP.

SteelCityMan786
11-09-2008, 09:30 PM

Take a couple of days and let the flames be put out.

stillers4me
11-09-2008, 09:33 PM

Who's calling us average besides you? And where were you on all the games that Ben got accolades for being one of the best QB's in the league?

The last time I checked most sources have us between 2-5 on the power rankings and as serious SuperBowl contenders. The Titans are number one ......because they haven't played any good teams. Duh.

The big prize is never easy. There's a reason most teams don't go undefeated for the whole season. Even the Patriots* would not have been undefeated last year if they would have had our schedule.

My bet is you've never like Ben Roethilisberger from the beginning and get a kick out of seeing him struggle. Just a hunch.......... :noidea:

Steelman16
11-09-2008, 09:33 PM
Average? We went 15-1 in 2004. We won the SB the next year. We've missed the playoffs ONCE since he's been here. GET A GRIP.

He just wants change. :chuckle: Any change, don't matter what it is, if it's change it must be good.

Why does that sound very familiar? :rolleyes:

stillers4me
11-09-2008, 09:34 PM
He just wants change. :chuckle: Any change, don't matter what it is, if it's change it must be good.

:toofunny:

SteelCityMan786
11-09-2008, 09:34 PM

Political campaigns. :coffee:

quarterback change
11-09-2008, 09:38 PM

ya a badass defense and a great oline and did you forget jerome bettis who along with our d when we went 15-1 was the largest part of that. and when we won the superbowl we barely made the playoffs but took off at the right time and went through the playoffs for the superbowl. thats the best ben has every played was in those playoffs. hes been surrounded by a great team but when the offense turns into average so does he. he cannot carry a average offense. those great teams made him look great. so you get a grip and realize that hes not as good as you hoped he was. bottom line is anything over 26 passes and one win in your career tells you right there they got it done without passing the ball so dont even talk to me.

SteelCityMan786
11-09-2008, 09:40 PM
ya a badass defense and a great oline and did you forget jerome bettis who along with our d when we went 15-1 was the largest part of that. and when we won the superbowl we barely made the playoffs but took off at the right time and went through the playoffs for the superbowl. thats the best ben has every played was in those playoffs. hes been surrounded by a great team but when the offense turns into average so does he. he cannot carry a average offense. those great teams made him look great. so you get a grip and realize that hes not as good as you hoped he was. bottom line is anything over 26 passes and one win in your career tells you right there they got it done without passing the ball so dont even talk to me.

Winning a Super Bowl Ring and having to carry a team in countless games and managing like 15 game winning drives is crap? Riiiiiiiiight. Next Case.

stillers4me
11-09-2008, 09:41 PM
he cannot carry a average offense.

Except for all the times when he did just that.

so dont even talk to me.

Deal! :thumbsup:

fansince'76
11-09-2008, 09:43 PM

Yeah, I remember the same badass D with a great OL and Bettis going 6-10 in 2003 with Maddox under center. He put the ball up 29 times against the Broncos in the 2005 AFCCG and guess what? We won. He put it up 41 times against Jacksonville earlier this year and guess what? We won. We've won well more than one game when he's thrown 26+ times, so get your facts straight and pull your head out of your ass.

quarterback change
11-09-2008, 09:43 PM
Who's calling us average besides you? And where were you on all the games that Ben got accolades for being one of the best QB's in the league?

The last time I checked most sources have us between 2-5 on the power rankings and as serious SuperBowl contenders. The Titans are number one ......because they haven't played any good teams. Duh.

The big prize is never easy. There's a reason most teams don't go undefeated for the whole season. Even the Patriots* would not have been undefeated last year if they would have had our schedule.

My bet is you've never like Ben Roethilisberger from the beginning and get a kick out of seeing him struggle. Just a hunch.......... :noidea:

were so good because of our outstanding defense. im saying if we had a quarterback that didnt hang onto the ball all day and lead the league in sacks the last couple years we could be even better. defense has carried this team. so yes i say there average because there defense is way above average while there offense is below average.

Steelman16
11-09-2008, 09:46 PM
were so good because of our outstanding defense. im saying if we had a quarterback that didnt hang onto the ball all day and lead the league in sacks the last couple years we could be even better. defense has carried this team. so yes i say there average because there defense is way above average while there offense is below average.

And you're telling me we would have gone 15-1 that year, won the Super Bowl the next, and had a career offensive season 2 years after that, all with someone not named Ben Roethlisberger?

I suppose Tommy Maddox would have done all that and more?

:coffee:

All good teams have a great defense, by the way. :coffee:

stillers4me

Yep......all them sacks we all Ben's fault. :coffee:

If we woulda just kept Faneca. :doh:

Cheapass Rooney's. :wink02:

X-Terminator
hey XT.....TA DAAA. :laughing:

I swear, it's like magic!

Well, now that this guy has been told how to find the message board on Steelers.com, maybe he'll take his rant over there with the rest of the crybaby boo-birds that infest that board, and leave us alone over here.

SteelCityMan786
11-09-2008, 09:47 PM
Yeah, I remember the same badass D with a great OL and Bettis going 6-10 in 2003 with Maddox under center. He put the ball up 29 times against the Broncos in the 2005 AFCCG and guess what? We won. He put it up 41 times against Jacksonville earlier this year and guess what? We won. We've won well more than one game when he's thrown 26+ times, so get your facts straight and pull your head out of your ass.

:applaudit::applaudit::applaudit::applaudit: :applaudit:

24seven
11-09-2008, 09:47 PM
Ben gets the goat.. .. right in the bloody ars.. All you Ben lovers need to wake the hell up and maybe record a game and look back at all the horrible passes he's throwin.. Shit he couldn't even hit Moore towards the end of the game for a 3 yard pass.. He could of damn near handed him the ball or flicked it to him.. (granted we had a penalty) But still.. pathetic.. Ben needs some fresh pine on his ass that's all there is to it.. No need to cool down it's still goin from the week before.. and the week before that.. and the one before that..I live in a thing called reality.. Those of you living in the past need to catch up to the present..

quarterback change
11-09-2008, 09:49 PM

ok maybe its been updated a little bit. but i know you have seen the same stat im talking about because they put it up there quite often. so maybe he has 3 wins over 26 passes. that is inept. leading the league in sacks for the last couple years is rediculous. oline part of problem but ill be damned if i blame it all on the oline. he doest know what fast release is. you get your head out of your ass.

Prok
11-09-2008, 09:51 PM

That was a sweet retort. And the last sentence even made me chuckle a bit. Props! :thumbsup:

MACH1
11-09-2008, 09:51 PM
ok maybe its been updated a little bit. but i know you have seen the same stat im talking about because they put it up there quite often. so maybe he has 3 wins over 26 passes. that is inept. leading the league in sacks for the last couple years is rediculous. oline part of problem but ill be damned if i blame it all on the oline. he doest know what fast release is. you get your head out of your ass.

Buh Bye....:wave:

:chuckle:

Steelman16
11-09-2008, 09:52 PM

The only reason you've even seen that stat, is because of media slobber. It's as meaningless as your posts.

And I'd recommend you get your head out of yours before Gary shoves it back in for good. :chuckle:

stillers4me
11-09-2008, 09:52 PM
All in all, quarterback change has had an impressive first day at Steelers Fever. Hard to believe he
he couldn't figure out how to post at the Steelers site. :hunch:

iloveben7
11-09-2008, 09:53 PM
Ben gets the goat.. .. right in the bloody ars.. All you Ben lovers need to wake the hell up and maybe record a game and look back at all the horrible passes he's throwin.. Shit he couldn't even hit Moore towards the end of the game for a 3 yard pass.. He could of damn near handed him the ball or flicked it to him.. (granted we had a penalty) But still.. pathetic.. Ben needs some fresh pine on his ass that's all there is to it.. No need to cool down it's still goin from the week before.. and the week before that.. and the one before that..I live in a thing called reality.. Those of you living in the past need to catch up to the present..

maybe all the Ben haters need to record a game and look at all the amazing plays he's made for us. and you don't make any sense about catching up to the present because you're saying you haven't cooled down from the past few weeks.

Steelman16
11-09-2008, 09:54 PM
All in all, quarterback change has had an impressive first day at Steelers Fever. Hard to believe he couldn't figure out how to post at the Steelers site. :hunch:

It's almost 9:30, he'd better go report back to mommy now.

Steelman16
11-09-2008, 09:55 PM
consistency, ben doesn't have it

Neither does the rest of our offense, so?

fansince'76
11-09-2008, 09:56 PM

Irrelevant post of the year. :coffee:

quarterback change
11-09-2008, 09:56 PM
sure is funny how last week ben had a 30 something rating and byron had a 120 something rating. you know what i saw when byron came in? fast releases. if byron could get rid of the ball real fast and complete why couldnt ben. all of you ben lovers need to realize you have a average quarterback. im a steeler fan so i look for more then average.,

iloveben7
11-09-2008, 09:57 PM
consistency, ben doesn't have it

yeah neither does anyone else on our team

fansince'76
11-09-2008, 09:57 PM
All in all, quarterback change has had an impressive first day at Steelers Fever. Hard to believe he
he couldn't figure out how to post at the Steelers site. :hunch:

No. Not hard to believe. At all.

MACH1
11-09-2008, 09:58 PM
Neither does the rest of our offense, so?

Sure they do. They're consistently unconsistent.

stillers4me
11-09-2008, 09:58 PM
sure is funny how last week ben had a 30 something rating and byron had a 120 something rating. you know what i saw when byron came in? fast releases. if byron could get rid of the ball real fast and complete why couldnt ben. all of you ben lovers need to realize you have a average quarterback. im a steeler fan so i look for more then average.,

Have you bothered to see what his rating was on any other games? Or just the few we lose?

Wasn't his rating second only to the great Marsha Brady last year? Yea......he's average.

iloveben7
11-09-2008, 09:59 PM

hmm let's see maybe it was because the redskins didn't game plan for Bryon and he's not that type of QB. i don't settle for average either, and there's no way in hell that Ben's an average QB. average QB's don't win Superbowls, or lead 15 game winning comebacks, or set all those records.

quarterback change
Irrelevant post of the year. :coffee:

how is that irrelevant ? this thread is about ben and i dont see posting his tell tale stats irelavent at all. runninng game and defense carried him.

MasterOfPuppets
sure is funny how last week ben had a 30 something rating and byron had a 120 something rating. you know what i saw when byron came in? fast releases. if byron could get rid of the ball real fast and complete why couldnt ben. all of you ben lovers need to realize you have a average quarterback. im a steeler fan so i look for more then average.,you know there is room on other teams wagons......hop on one of them if your soooo unhappy. :wave:

SteelCityMan786
how is that irrelevant ? this thread is about ben and i dont see posting his tell tale stats irelavent at all. runninng game and defense carried him.

It's about the goat of the game. This is supposed to be where you state who gets you "kick in the butt"

Steelman16
11-09-2008, 10:02 PM

Irrelevant stats equal irrelevant posts.

Please do me a favor; go find these all-important stats of yours, and post 'em all nice like in this thread. Then maybe you'll have some credibility behind your facts.

X-Terminator
11-09-2008, 10:04 PM
Well. I've had enough of this guy...to the bozo bin he goes. I can only handle so much nonsense for one day.

quarterback change
11-09-2008, 10:06 PM
ok you keep your big ben who does good when everything is going his way but as soon as he has to deal with adversity or a weal running game poor oline they loose. simple as that and you know it. there is no argument to that. im looking for a quarterback that can win when the odds are stacked against him. ben cannot. later all you ben lovers. you will realize by the end of the year or next year when he finally gets benched you can use your terrible towels to cry with while im swirling mine because there has been a quarterback change.

stillers4me
11-09-2008, 10:07 PM
ok you keep your big ben who does good when everything is going his way but as soon as he has to deal with adversity or a weal running game poor oline they loose. simple as that and you know it. there is no argument to that. im looking for a quarterback that can win when the odds are stacked against him. ben cannot. later all you ben lovers. you will realize by the end of the year or next year when he finally gets benched you can use your terrible towels to cry with while im swirling mine because there has been a quarterback change.

:wave: That's what they make bandwagons for. Enjoy the ride.

SteelCityMan786
11-09-2008, 10:08 PM

15 Game winning drives between the Regular Season and the Playoffs. Yep, he sure can't handle the pressure. :jerkit:

fansince'76
11-09-2008, 10:10 PM

Until then, you're not going to watch another Steelers game, right? Right? By all means, please find another bandwagon to infest.

stillers4me
11-09-2008, 10:12 PM
Until then, you're not going to watch another Steelers game, right? Right? By all means, please find another bandwagon to infest.

I hear there's alot of room on the Bengals bandwagon.

Oh wait, they've won one game and now they are talking about winning out and going 8-8. :chuckle:

HometownGal
And I'm not going to call for his benching and say that he's in essence a $100 million bust either just because of those wretched games. Pittsburgh is notorious for being unnecessarily hard on their QBs, and I'm not about to be part of that crowd.

I'm not calling for his benching on a permanent basis. A healthy Ben is that Pro Bowl QB with a SB ring we all have come to love, but clearly, Ben is not himself because of the injuries that are plaguing him and surely he has to realize that. Ben is stubborn as a mule (we know that from his insisting on playing after his cycle accident and concussion) and being so fiercely competitive, he wants to get out there and make plays to help the team win. I don't fault him for having that teamer attitude, but he hasn't looked sharp in several weeks and I believe it's time Ben takes a look inside himself and realizes that aggravating those injuries by playing week after week isn't good not only for his overall well-being, but isn't good for the team either. I do put a little blame on Tomlin, however, as he should be able to clearly recognize that his QB is having some problems out there that are as a direct result of his injuries. No question we are going to need a healthy Ben down the stretch, especially since the Ratfinks are breathing down our necks. Rest Ben up next week against the Bolts and hopefully, he'll be a lot closer to playing like we all know he can against the Stinkgals.

iloveben7
aww i'll miss you, not. i think your name should be attitudechange. and yep Ben can't handle it when the odds are stacked against, but Ben hasn't gotten the credit he deserves since he's been in this league

blue2noise
11-09-2008, 10:14 PM
Maybe this will help slap some sense into the Ben haters....

Cliff Stoudt 1977-1983
Mark Malone 1980-1987
Scott Campbell 1984-1986
Bubby Brister 1986-1992
Steve Bono 1987-1988
Todd Blackledge 1988-1989
Neil O'Donnell 1990-1995
Rick Strom 1989-1993
Jim Miller 1994-1996
Kordell Stewart 1995-2002
Mike Quinn 1997
Mike Tomczak 1993-1999
Pete Gonzalez 1998-99
Anthony Wright 1999
Kent Graham 2000
Tommy Maddox 2001-2004
Charlie Batch 2002-2004
Brian St. Pierre 2003-2004

quarterback change
11-09-2008, 10:15 PM
Well. I've had enough of this guy...to the bozo bin he goes. I can only handle so much nonsense for one day.

owe you had enough of me ben lover. im stating facts and you a bitch.

if you dont believe me go to there site yourself and look at his career stats there not very good at all. nevermind keep believing. you probably had just as much faith in kordell stewart.

eafratitpm3
11-09-2008, 10:16 PM
Ben taking responsibility or holding himself accountable isn't winning us football games. Anyone could hold theirself accountable and those who continuously do find themselves watching the playoffs from their home

I've never known Ben not to take responsibility or hold himself accountable for mistakes, have you?

I've said this before and i'll say it again. We NEED to just run the damned no-huddle and see where that gets us. That offense best suits Ben's skill set plus with the lack of depth at RB we need to adjust our scheme. Beats the hell out of me why they gave it to us in the Jags and Bungle games yet haven't played it since, other than inside 2 minutes... At least it would give Ben a better chance to overcome his mistakes IMO.

MACH1
11-09-2008, 10:17 PM

if you dont believe me go to there site yourself and look at his career stats there not very good at all. nevermind keep believing. you probably had just as much faith in kordell stewart.

Way to stay classy. :thumbsup:

quarterback change
11-09-2008, 10:18 PM

no bandwagon to get on you profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilter. i simply will not watch football until ben is gone.

stillers4me
11-09-2008, 10:18 PM

:wave:

10 posts. Is that a new record?

Dontcha' just love playing Whack a Troll. :chuckle:

iloveben7
11-09-2008, 10:19 PM
^well i think that means you won't be watching football for a long time

MACH1
11-09-2008, 10:19 PM
Buh Bye....:wave:

Another one bites the dust. :chuckle:

quarterback change
11-09-2008, 10:20 PM
Maybe this will help slap some sense into the Ben haters....

Cliff Stoudt 1977-1983
Mark Malone 1980-1987
Scott Campbell 1984-1986
Bubby Brister 1986-1992
Steve Bono 1987-1988
Todd Blackledge 1988-1989
Neil O'Donnell 1990-1995
Rick Strom 1989-1993
Jim Miller 1994-1996
Kordell Stewart 1995-2002
Mike Quinn 1997
Mike Tomczak 1993-1999
Pete Gonzalez 1998-99
Anthony Wright 1999
Kent Graham 2000
Tommy Maddox 2001-2004
Charlie Batch 2002-2004
Brian St. Pierre 2003-2004
side by side stat by stat ben is no better then neil odonnell. matter in fact teams in general were alot more competitve back then. id take neil back anyday over ben

iloveben7
yeah that's why he's one of the most elite QB's ever

X-Terminator
I'm not calling for his benching on a permanent basis. A healthy Ben is that Pro Bowl QB with a SB ring we all have come to love, but clearly, Ben is not himself because of the injuries that are plaguing him and surely he has to realize that. Ben is stubborn as a mule (we know that from his insisting on playing after his cycle accident and concussion) and being so fiercely competitive, he wants to get out there and make plays to help the team win. I don't fault him for having that teamer attitude, but he hasn't looked sharp in several weeks and I believe it's time Ben takes a look inside himself and realizes that aggravating those injuries by playing week after week isn't good not only for his overall well-being, but isn't good for the team either. I do put a little blame on Tomlin, however, as he should be able to clearly recognize that his QB is having some problems out there that are as a direct result of his injuries. No question we are going to need a healthy Ben down the stretch, especially since the Ratfinks are breathing down our necks. Rest Ben up next week against the Bolts and hopefully, he'll be a lot closer to playing like we all know he can against the Stinkgals.

I don't have a problem with him sitting for a couple games because he is clearly not himself playing through his bad shoulder and from all of the punishment he's taken in general this season. Rosie Palmer tried to play with a torn ligament in his elbow, and now he may need Tommy John surgery that not only would end this season, but he may not be ready in time for start of next season. I don't want to see that happen to Ben. I at least wouldn't play him against the Chargers or Bengals, and then re-evaluate at that point. My comment was more for those typical fickle fans who want to see him benched permanently or shipped out of town, both of which are completely ridiculous notions. I should have been more clear on that - my bad.

stillers4me
11-09-2008, 10:21 PM
side by side stat by stat ben is no better then neil odonnell. matter in fact teams in general were alot more competitve back then. id take neil back anyday over ben

I want some of what this guy is smoking. :chuckle:

stillers4me
11-09-2008, 10:22 PM
I don't have a problem with him sitting for a couple games because he is clearly not himself playing through his bad shoulder and from all of the punishment he's taken in general this season. Rosie Palmer tried to play with a torn ligament in his elbow, and now he may need Tommy John surgery that not only would end this season, but he may not be ready in time for start of next season. I don't want to see that happen to Ben. I at least wouldn't play him against the Chargers or Bengals, and then re-evaluate at that point. My comment was more for those typical fickle fans who want to see him benched permanently or shipped out of town, both of which are completely ridiculous notions. I should have been more clear on that - my bad.

I knew what you meant, X-T. :drink:

quarterback change
11-09-2008, 10:23 PM
yeah that's why he's one of the most elite QB's ever

lmaorofl that is the funniest thing ive ever heard regaurding ben. lololololol

Stlrs4Life
troy didnt drop it, the receiver tipped it from him. taylor didnt really have a chance at that int, it was just out of his reach.. ben lost us the game, it is solely on ben today.

Exactly,. neither of those passes were catchable by Ike. And Troy never got his hands on the ball. Ben gave this game awy big time. Both, at crucial times of the game. Right before halftime, and right before the end of the game.

Preacher
My opinion.

Ben made some good throws. He made some bad throws. It does seem like his arm is bothering him. I give him props for playing through the pain and trying to earn the money the team gave him. But Ben, take a seat for a couple games and HEAL. Please. You are our ticket to a deep playoff run.

Defense.

Played good for the most part. Don't forget, we were playing against a pass first offense and the D. played the pass. When you give up a short field twice, there isn't much you can do. They were an above average defense tonight. It's just that we are used to seeing a great offense.

Offensive line. Got blown up once or twice, but they came to play. However, I can't blame Arians for not trusting them and throwing a short screen. By the way, how many of you who are complaining about the short screen were SCREAMING for Arians to run short screens a week or two ago?

All -in-alll, our offense needs to get back into sink. That won't happen until Ben feels better. Ben won't feel better until he has a couple weeks to heal. So I think we are going to see a sputtering offense for most of the year, based on injuries.

quarterback change
11-09-2008, 10:25 PM
I want some of what this guy is smoking. :chuckle:

what are you talking about. the only difference is ben won a superbowl against a mediocre seattle team while neil lost to a giant cowboys team. how about all those afc championships we went to with neil huh? ya thats what i thought.

Steelman16
11-09-2008, 10:26 PM
Offensive line. Got blown up once or twice, but they came to play. However, I can't blame Arians for not trusting them and throwing a short screen. By the way, how many of you who are complaining about the short screen were SCREAMING for Arians to run short screens a week or two ago?

I called for screens, and by golly I got me some. You don't hear me complain' about 'em. I didn't like the result of some, especially the Holmes for 3 yard loss, but the first one worked well. We didn't run the ball well enough to make them bite hard enough to make it consistent.

stillers4me
11-09-2008, 10:27 PM
what are you talking about. the only difference is ben won a superbowl against a mediocre seattle team while neil lost to a giant cowboys team. how about all those afc championships we went to with neil huh? ya thats what i thought.

:sofunny:

Steelman16
11-09-2008, 10:28 PM

The difference there, Sonny, is a big whoppin' Super Bowl ring. Ya, that's what I thought.

iloveben7
lmaorofl that is the funniest thing ive ever heard regaurding ben. lololololol

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/nfl/10/01/chff/index.html

fansince'76
how about all those afc championships we went to with neil huh? ya thats what i thought.

What, all 2? And if any QB was truly a product of a great running game and a great D, it was O'Donnell. That's kinda why Parcells ran him out of NYC on a rail after the Jets paid him a king's ransom after he screwed the pooch in SB XXX, and he was never anything after that except a career backup. Go buy a clue. :dang:

iloveben7
11-09-2008, 10:29 PM

how many AFC championships did they win with him?

conservativesteelers
11-09-2008, 10:32 PM
IMO.. it is Holmes, b/c I believe he ran bad routes on both of those INT's.

The first one he might have ran the wrong route by not cutting in soon enough. .

The 2nd INT on the slant Holmes just stopped, and Ben threw the ball one step to Holme's right were he was supposed to be !!!

So, as I said on here before there are a lot of factors other than " he made a bad throw" that go into most INT"s. It's just that people don't like to look into the details of every throw, or they just don't understand that part of football, and jump to conclusions as to why they happened.

Another thing I miss is Ben' scrambling for yards, and keeping the defense more honest. He has become too much of a pass only quarterback. He still scrambles b/c the O-line can't protect 7 step drops, and 20 yard routes, but he rarely runs when there are openings anymore, he tends to try and pass on the run when he could gain the same yardage, or more by just tucking, and running on his own.

SteelCityMan786
11-09-2008, 10:32 PM
how many AFC championships did they win with him?

Did the Steelers make it to the AFC Championship in O'Donnel's Rookie Year???

stillers4me
11-09-2008, 10:34 PM

yeah......that's what I thought. :sofunny:

iloveben7

exactly. did O'Donnel go undefeated in his rookie season?

Preacher
What, all 2? And if any QB was truly a product of a great running game and a great D, it was O'Donnell. :dang:

What?

What do you mean? A 16-21 record after leaving the Steelers doesn't mean he was great?

X-Terminator
11-09-2008, 10:35 PM
My opinion.

Ben made some good throws. He made some bad throws. It does seem like his arm is bothering him. I give him props for playing through the pain and trying to earn the money the team gave him. But Ben, take a seat for a couple games and HEAL. Please. You are our ticket to a deep playoff run.

Defense.

Played good for the most part. Don't forget, we were playing against a pass first offense and the D. played the pass. When you give up a short field twice, there isn't much you can do. They were an above average defense tonight. It's just that we are used to seeing a great offense.

All -in-alll, our offense needs to get back into sink. That won't happen until Ben feels better. Ben won't feel better until he has a couple weeks to heal. So I think we are going to see a sputtering offense for most of the year, based on injuries.

I was screaming for Arians to throw a regular screen to the RB - I have always been against the WR or bubble screens mainly because they tip it off too easily, and the OL doesn't block well enough to run it effectively. In fact, they don't disguise many of their plays effectively enough, making the offense too predictable and easier to stop, thus leading to their overall inconsistency this season.

Preacher
11-09-2008, 10:37 PM
I was screaming for Arians to throw a regular screen to the RB - I have always been against the WR or bubble screens mainly because they tip it off too easily, and the OL doesn't block well enough to run it effectively. In fact, they don't disguise many of their plays effectively enough, making the offense too predictable and easier to stop, thus leading to their overall inconsistency this season.

I understand. It seems however, that we don't do anything consistently enough to set up anything else right now. Where do we start?

quarterback change
11-09-2008, 10:37 PM
oh so now your going to try to say what neil benefited from. what about ben he had the same great d and oline and running game all those years but the last 2 and as soon as they were gone ben has stunk it up just like neil did after leaving pittsburgh and going to the jets were he didnt have all the good surrounding so ya like i said earlier side by side pretty much alike. and someone metioned the superbowl ring well ben helped get them there through the playoffs but he didnt do anythng to win the superbowl as did neil when they played the cowboys which were about 10x more of a team then seattle. so ya what

fansince'76
11-09-2008, 10:38 PM
oh so now your going to try to say what neil benefited from. what about ben he had the same great d and oline and running game all those years but the last 2 and as soon as they were gone ben has stunk it up just like neil did after leaving pittsburgh and going to the jets were he didnt have all the good surrounding so ya like i said earlier side by side pretty much alike. and someone metioned the superbowl ring well ben helped get them there through the playoffs but he didnt do anythng to win the superbowl as did neil when they played the cowboys which were about 10x more of a team then seattle. so ya what

If you think the '04-05 Steelers D was anywhere NEAR as good as the Blitzburgh D of '94-95, you need to put down the crack pipe and step slowly away from it. The only defenses in the history of the franchise that were better than (or even anywhere near as good as) the '94-95 D was the Steel Curtain.

Steelman16
11-09-2008, 10:39 PM

Pretty sure it's a team sport. :hunch:

X-Terminator
11-09-2008, 10:39 PM
Another thing I miss is Ben' scrambling for yards, and keeping the defense more honest. He has become too much of a pass only quarterback. He still scrambles b/c the O-line can't protect 7 step drops, and 20 yard routes, but he rarely runs when there are openings anymore, he tends to try and pass on the run when he could gain the same yardage, or more by just tucking, and running on his own.

If Ben was healthy, he probably would run more than he has. But his shoulder has been a problem since week 1, and he's probably hesitant to risk taking a big hit on a scramble/run. Can't really blame him for that.

And Ben did say that second INT was his fault, but I personally don't buy it. Ben doesn't like throwing any of his teammates under the bus no matter how much they screw up. That's why he hasn't said one bad word about the OL's play this season.

MACH1
11-09-2008, 10:40 PM

I'd love to seen Ben on those teams. We'd probably have 8-9 SuperBowl rings by now.

stillers4me
11-09-2008, 10:41 PM
If Ben was healthy, he probably would run more than he has. But his shoulder has been a problem since week 1, and he's probably hesitant to risk taking a big hit on a scramble/run. Can't really blame him for that.

And Ben did say that second INT was his fault, but I personally don't buy it. Ben doesn't like throwing any of his teammates under the bus no matter how much they screw up. That's why he hasn't said one bad word about the OL's play this season.

Except for that game he ripped them a new one in the locker room at half time. :chuckle:

But, no he's never done it publicly. Probably never will.

iloveben7
11-09-2008, 10:42 PM

so nothing to say about the article i've posted??? i think you're posts are pretty hilarious too. and the last time i checked football is a team sport. and i'm pretty sure ben scored a TD in that superbowl game and threw a crucial pass to Hines on like 3rd and 20 something. and teams can't win a Superbowl without a Qb

Preacher
11-09-2008, 10:43 PM

But wait a second X-Term...

didn't we hear last year that Ben didn't win the Team MVP because he was so selfish? You have to be wrong! :wink02:

iloveben7
11-09-2008, 10:43 PM

exactly. Ben will NEVER blame anyone else for a loss, he always blames it on himself

MasterOfPuppets
11-09-2008, 10:46 PM

:busted::busted::busted: PERSONAL ATTACK !!! ...PERSONAL ATTACK !!! :busted::busted::busted: ........:rulez:

Steelman16
11-09-2008, 10:46 PM
OK, let's add some cold hard facts to this thread, shall we?

Ben's stats:
http://www.nfl.com/players/benroethlisberger/profile?id=ROE750381

Neil's stats:
http://www.nfl.com/players/profile?id=ODO638910

You decide.

For myself, Neil was sacked almost as many times as Ben in 5 years. Ben has thrown more TD's, has a better passer rating, and has a Super Bowl ring.

I'm decided.

In 1994, the year of the greatest defense ever, O'Donnel posted 13 TDs, 9 INT's, 2,443 passing yards, and was sacked 35 times. Doesn't seem too amazing to me. :noidea:

iloveben7
11-09-2008, 10:48 PM
i already posted an article above that shows why Ben is one of the most elite QB's, but he didn't respond to it

quarterback change
11-09-2008, 10:49 PM
just so you know the quarerback ranking up to date have been at 24. lolololololololol

Preacher
11-09-2008, 10:49 PM
WHY DID WE EVER GET RID OF BUBBY BRISTER?

:chuckle::chuckle:

fansince'76
11-09-2008, 10:50 PM
:busted::busted::busted: PERSONAL ATTACK !!! ...PERSONAL ATTACK !!! :busted::busted::busted: ........:rulez:

Agreed - time to take out the trash.

stillers4me
11-09-2008, 10:51 PM

What took you so long? :wink02:

MasterOfPuppets
11-09-2008, 10:52 PM
:applaudit::applaudit::applaudit:

iloveben7
too bad you can't spell and read

X-Terminator

Smells better in here already! :thumbsup:

SteelCityMan786
WHY DID WE EVER GET RID OF BUBBY BRISTER?

:chuckle::chuckle:

WHY DID YOU BRING THAT UP?

:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

Steelman16
11-09-2008, 10:53 PM
Smells better in here already! :thumbsup:

That's the vanilla spray. :chuckle:

stillers4me
11-09-2008, 10:54 PM
Next.........................................

SteelCityMan786
11-09-2008, 10:56 PM

Nice Work! :thumbsup:

Preacher
11-09-2008, 10:57 PM
Next.........................................

I have a discussion starter...

Why wasn't there a delay of game penalty called on the Colts at the end of that second to last play. We were watching in the stadium... and it was unreal how much time the colts were eating by playing around on that pile.

I thought a delay of game, a 5 yard penalty, and a resetting of the clock was in order. Anyone else?

SteelCityMan786
11-09-2008, 11:00 PM

Why wasn't there a delay of game penalty called on the Colts at the end of that second to last play. We were watching in the stadium... and it was unreal how much time the colts were eating by playing around on that pile.

I thought a delay of game, a 5 yard penalty, and a resetting of the clock was in order. Anyone else?

That was a fishy one indeed.

mcmac
11-09-2008, 11:01 PM
ben gets the jackass award this game not the goat , he cant keep playing like this!

black_and_gold_4_ever
11-09-2008, 11:04 PM
Ben definitly threw this game away i mean after how Byron played on monday why not give him a chance... I mean he probably couldn't have done worse than Ben did...

iloveben7
11-09-2008, 11:06 PM
man they just keep popping up

bigmaq
11-09-2008, 11:16 PM
It's becoming more and more apparent that we are getting the '06 model of Ben and not the '07 model. There's a history here of Ben not listening to his body and playing. We should learn from history. Perhaps, Tomlin is taking a "show me" attitude as he was not here in '06 and to sit Ben runs counter to his philosophy of playing a player until his "wheels fall off".

There have been moments when Ben is "off" and not putting the ball where it should be. When you couple this with his poor decision making you have a recipe for disaster. He was not playing well in Washington before he got yanked and continued where he left off there today.

Ben himself admitted that he has not performed well and wanted to correct that. Perhaps, he is trying to right all of his past wrongs too quickly and is pressing to make plays. Couple that with his physical limitations and we get a QB rating matched up with the same IQ as an imbecile. Appropriate wouldn't you think?

Steelman16
11-09-2008, 11:24 PM
Bridles Trails, Kirkland, WA - 10 min bike ride to Bill Gates' office, 5 min Seahawks practice field

I think this tells me everything I need to know. :chuckle:

Seriously dude, model schmodel. Take it one year at a time, and look at all of the circumstances that have tied into what he's accomplished (or not accomplished) so far this year.

What he needs is a week or two of rest so he can refocus and get his body back in playing condition.

NYC SteelersFan
11-09-2008, 11:30 PM
I haven't seen the offense this bad since that first year after Yancy Thigpen left. We had no runng game, no passing game, nothing. I think it may be even worse this year because at least our offensive line wasn't the absolute joke that it is now. The fact is, Tomlin is using Cowher's offense except Cowher had Hall of famer Jerome Bettis and we have Willie "I get less than 2 yards per carry 95% of the time but I break one for 25-30 yards once a game so my yards-per-carry average isn't that bad on paper" Parker. And now this guy can't even stay healthy anymore. Regardless the rush scheme is designed for a big bruiser back and we use Parker and Moore, who a lot of people think he had a great game but aside from 2 goal line TD's, he had 57 yards in 24 attempts, that's disgusting. And the fact that we rank 24th in the NFL in rushing offense, I repeat 24th, is an absolute disgrace.

So what the hell are we now? A passing offense? An aerial attack with Ward, Holmes and Washington as our deep threat receivers? Using Cowher's playbook that had as many 10+ yard pass plays in it as it did smiley faces? Plus we're going to run this vaunted aerial attack with an Offensive line that gives the QB a whopping 0.0345 seconds to pass the ball. Maybe we can invent some 1 step drop pass plays for our QB.

26 rushing attempts and 42 pass attempts the way this team is built is an absolute joke. If Tomlin he wants to make the Steelers a passing team, that's fine, but first ask managment for a deep threat receiver, an O-line that can give the receiver more than 2 seconds to get down field and keep the QB from getting hurried, and an offensive coordinator who knows how to call pass plays at the right time not on 3rd and 2. I cannot believe it was a deep pass play on a 3rd and 2 that wouldv'e kept the ball out of the colts hands for the rest of the first half.

Everyone in here who keeps blaming the Berger is crazy. Put Payton Manning on this team and we're 4-5. Put a healthy Tom Brady on this team and we're 7-2 at best. And that's if they survived all the hits that Berger has. I agree with benching Berger. That way we save him from getting beat down for 7 more games. At best Leftwich gets us into the playoffs and then we can reinsert Berger. At worst we lose and lose bad and get a high draft pick to get a big bruiser RB or a couple really good O-linemen cause 1 won't even cut it. If we don't make it out of the first round, Tomlin and Arians should be ousted. Give the headcoaching job to Lebeau before he goes somewhere else.

Makaveli
11-09-2008, 11:30 PM
I think this tells me everything I need to know. :chuckle:

Seriously dude, model schmodel. Take it one year at a time, and look at all of the circumstances that have tied into what he's accomplished (or not accomplished) so far this year.

What he needs is a week or two of rest so he can refocus and get his body back in playing condition.

Stop making excuses. The name is the Steelers,....not,...."Squeelers"..

Steelman16
11-09-2008, 11:41 PM
Stop making excuses. The name is the Steelers,....not,...."Squeelers"..

How in thunder did you get that out of what I said?

I'm not making excuses for anybody. Ben played like crap, and everyone knows it. Ask the folks around the board, I don't think I'd be classified under the Squeeler catergory.

Here, have a root beer. It's good for cold nights. :drink:

:hatsoff:

fansince'76
11-09-2008, 11:41 PM
If we don't make it out of the first round, Tomlin and Arians should be ousted. Give the headcoaching job to Lebeau before he goes somewhere else.

You realize LeBeau is 70 years old, right? Where is he going to go and who will hire him as a HC?

XxKnightxX
11-09-2008, 11:43 PM
All I have to say is that the INT that Ben threw before the half just flatlined the energy of the team. The stadium got quiet, the offense reeked, and the defense was not stellar but cant blame them they played their asses off. Take away that lucky bounce to wayne and they only allowed 17 points. Regardless of that, Ben needs to rest, seriously, he did it so the year we won the super bowl with his knee surgery, why cant he do it again, just take a back seat and rest man because winning all these games and then being a rag doll with a chad pennington arm in the playoffs will not get you nowhere. It was a sad day for me but hell, Im headed for the first time in my life to Pitt next week to see my first ever NFL game for my steelers. Ive been wanting to do this for years and Im sure as hell wont let this game sour up my trip.

NYC SteelersFan
11-09-2008, 11:46 PM
You realize LeBeau is 70 years old, right? Where is he going to go and who will hire him as a HC?

Al Davis would be more than happy to give him a 5 year 50 million dollar contract. All kidding aside, someone will give him a head coaching job. The Saints, Rams, Raiders, Seahawks, 49'ers, someone will give him a headcoaching job. The whole "hiring a young guy to be head coach is cool cause ESPN says so" has already gotten old.

Godfather
11-09-2008, 11:49 PM
Ben killed us with those INTs. I'd have to know the play call to see if it was his fault or Santonio's, but Ben does throw a lot of interceptions.

But that's OK--that's what gunslingers do. Sometimes it wins the game for you, and sometimes it loses the game.

iloveben7
11-10-2008, 12:02 AM
All I have to say is that the INT that Ben threw before the half just flatlined the energy of the team. The stadium got quiet, the offense reeked, and the defense was not stellar but cant blame them they played their asses off. Take away that lucky bounce to wayne and they only allowed 17 points. Regardless of that, Ben needs to rest, seriously, he did it so the year we won the super bowl with his knee surgery, why cant he do it again, just take a back seat and rest man because winning all these games and then being a rag doll with a chad pennington arm in the playoffs will not get you nowhere. It was a sad day for me but hell, Im headed for the first time in my life to Pitt next week to see my first ever NFL game for my steelers. Ive been wanting to do this for years and Im sure as hell wont let this game sour up my trip.

you'll have a blast. going to a Steeler game is probably one of my favorite things to do. I hope they pull out a win for ya

XxKnightxX
11-10-2008, 12:05 AM
you'll have a blast. going to a Steeler game is probably one of my favorite things to do. I hope they pull out a win for ya

Im sure as hell it will man i will have my towel:tt: waving around and screaming my damn lungs out. And regardless out the outcome, Im still gonna enjoy it, the win will be even better. Hopefully some of you guys can show me around the area too since I dont have a bus till later in the night and I will be going by myself so I dont wanna feel left out haha.

iloveben7
11-10-2008, 12:08 AM
^i went to my 1st game in 06, it was the season opener after they won the Superbowl and the atmosphere is just amazing.

XxKnightxX
11-10-2008, 12:13 AM
Oh really? i can imagine that man I really hope thats how the experience feels like when i go there next week, hopefully not how it is after this game haha.

KeiselPower99
11-10-2008, 12:31 AM
Im not sure who to blame this one on. Anyway you look at it its a team game and the team lost. Ben is hurt and the guy is gutting it out and all us fans do is complain about it. I do agree he should take a week off but he wants to be out there for us and for his teammates. And of those 8 picks in 3 games I do remember alot of tipped passes or unlucky bounces. We win as a team and lose as a team.

Rhee Rhee
11-10-2008, 02:19 AM

i saw that too... i even saw the refs fumble that ball and waste precious seconds trying to get the ball to the center...

i wish they would stop the clock everytime you place the ball back on the LOS inside 2:00 of every half...

steel striker
11-10-2008, 06:06 AM
Relax guys sure just about everyone will blame Ben and, the first pick was the real bad one. The second one was part Holmes fault for quitting on the rout. We should have won this game and, what about the call on 3 and goal how come we did not try to roll Ben out for a pass. Now we must get ready for the chargers.

conservativesteelers
11-10-2008, 08:35 AM

I agree..

KeiselPower99
11-10-2008, 09:10 AM
i saw that too... i even saw the refs fumble that ball and waste precious seconds trying to get the ball to the center...

i wish they would stop the clock everytime you place the ball back on the LOS inside 2:00 of every half...

I was cussing the tv like wheres the flag???? I guess the refs went by the rulebook. Sarcasm there folks.

The_WARDen
11-10-2008, 09:20 AM
Tomlin.

Knowing your QB is not 100 percent and still having him throw 40+ times in a game that you never trailed until the last 6 minutes.

The Colts stink against the run and they shouldn't have been throwing that much to begin with.

Runner-up: Santonio Holmes where has he gone this year?

Leftoverhard
11-10-2008, 09:59 AM
I blame it on.........me. I was at work. The Steelers have never won a game while I was at work. I'm being serious here. I'm not even superstitious, this one's just hard to ignore. Granted, I had Sundays off for years but DAMN these 4pm (2pm here) games.
Oh, I also blame Ben. Sorry Ben but you gotta sit a game out every once in a while especially when you're hurt. Dude, when you play hurt, you suck. I am a huge fan of BB but seriously, you have to play smart - which in this case means sit down.

atlsteelers
11-10-2008, 10:14 AM
Ben blew this game. reminds me of his post accident season - trying to do too much while being bang upped.

stlrtruck
11-10-2008, 10:28 AM
Goat of the game = Ben.

Two INTs that gave short fields to, of all people, Peyton. Plus at times he showed brilliance and then later in the game resorted to the long ball instead of the flats when they were open and could have secured a victory for us.

SteelMember
11-10-2008, 03:22 PM
I thought the goat was for

Greatest
Of
All
Time

but seriously...Ben. :shake01::frown::pity::headshake:

NJarhead
11-10-2008, 03:59 PM
http://www.sportsbooks.ro/upload/pages/images/Ben-Roethlisberger.jpg

NJarhead
11-10-2008, 04:15 PM
no bandwagon to get on you profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilter. i simply will not watch football until ben is gone.

No one cares.

Hasta la buh-bye, by-the-way.

Leftoverhard
11-13-2008, 03:18 PM
Wow, I can't believed i almost missed this thread, exciting...
I learned some things while reading all 24 pages of this goat thread (cue sappy memory music).
1. This thread should have had a poll attached.
2. Even without the poll, I think Ben won the goat award. Sorry Ben.
3. There are a lot of trolls under the bridge on this forum! What is the point?
4. Quarterback change will never watch another Steeler game until Ben is gone. Wow, I'm so sad. I'm about to cry. Seriously. Really.....I don't know how us fans will make it without you. How will the Steelers win without you rooting them on?
5. I still don't understand the whole Squealer/Steeler thing - I think it was a misunderstanding.
6. Sorry mods but It took way too long to ban that D-bag. :chuckle:

SteelMember
11-14-2008, 08:10 AM
Here lies quarterback change :tombstone

Member # 10607. He will not be missed.

fansince'76
02-06-2009, 02:56 PM

Still think QB is a big question mark with this team? Still think he can't get the job done? :rolleyes:

Amazing what 3 months and a successful Super Bowl run will do. Good God, did Ben get crucified in this thread.

JEFF4i
02-06-2009, 02:59 PM
Still think QB is a big question mark with this team? Still think he can't get the job done? :rolleyes:

Amazing what 3 months and a successful Super Bowl run will do. Good God, did Ben get crucified in this thread.

Ahhhh, I forgot about this thread. Its so true too. We had some rough games this year (specifically Colts and Eagles), but I'd rather be 12-4 in regular season and win, than 16-0 and lose!

IndyColtsSBXLI
02-06-2009, 03:01 PM
Ah the good ole days haha

7SteelGal43
02-06-2009, 03:03 PM
to all of those who thought Ben couldn't "get the job done"......:rofl:
Choke on his SECOND Super Bowl ring.

tony hipchest
02-06-2009, 03:04 PM

:scratchchin: i havent seen HereWeBooSteelers219 around lately. :noidea:

IndyColtsSBXLI
02-06-2009, 03:05 PM

Haha we had fun like this with all the nay sayers saying the Colts were done at 3-4, feels good huh!

fansince'76
02-06-2009, 03:05 PM

Wonder if dipshit watched the SB last Sunday? :rolleyes:

fansince'76
02-06-2009, 03:06 PM
:scratchchin: i havent seen HereWeBooSteelers219 around lately. :noidea:

Sure you haven't - nothing to bitch about.

jev7452
02-06-2009, 03:11 PM

I've stood up for Ben ever since his accident and dang I'd say I was right on the money!! So proud of our QB and our entire team for that matter :applaudit: ((O-Line could still use some help though!))

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-06-2009, 04:57 PM
The goat of the colts game was Carey Davis not being able to lead block for anybody in short yardage.

He didnt do too much in the Super Bowl either, but happy the kid got his ring. Maybe now we can look for a FB upgrade.

Muppet13
02-06-2009, 05:11 PM

Nice!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

7SteelGal43
02-15-2009, 08:34 AM

I wonder if this tool watched the Super Bowl ?:upyours:

HometownGal
02-15-2009, 08:45 AM
I think the purpose of this particular thread was to name a "Goat" for the GAME and not Ben-bash, though some took it upon themselves to do so and are now enjoying a nice big bowl of CROW. Ben did not play well in the Colts game and he even admitted so himself.

I think it's time to retire this one to the SF Thread Cemetery. :tombstone: