PDA

View Full Version : Lets look forward

fdp
11-09-2008, 06:59 PM
While I'm sure we're all upset after today's game, its time to look forward.

We are 6-3 and tied for first in our division, its clear that the Ravens are the ones that will be challenging us for the division

Ravens remaining games
@Giants
Eagles
@Bengals
Redskins
Steelers
@Cowboys
Jags

Steelers remaining games
Chargers
Bengals
@Patriots
Cowboys
@Ravens
@Titans
Browns

The next 2 weeks are looking very winnable for us, San Diego almost lost to the Chiefs today and I think we have a good chance against them, and we all know the story on the Bengals.
The Ravens have 2 tough games ahead of them, it is a great opportunity for us to get 2 games ahead of them which would put is in a very good position to take our division. Notice that the Ravens have to play the entire NFC East

So while we're all pissed off about today's game, there is reason to be optimistic, I believe that we can win our division, and once we get into the playoffs its a whole different story.

So people, don't stop believing.

:tt02::tt02::tt02:HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!!!:tt02::tt02::tt02:

SteelCityMan786
11-09-2008, 07:00 PM
:iagree: we can still be great. Nice to see all this positivity.

mistermoose
11-09-2008, 07:03 PM
Well, if Ben gets his act together we should win our division.

TeeJay
11-09-2008, 07:05 PM
The Steelers have four games coming up, that's easily within their grasp to win.

But, that last game of the season just looks mouthwateringly better and better! Ohh boy. :tt03: :thumbsup:

SteelCityMan786
11-09-2008, 07:16 PM
The Steelers have four games coming up, that's easily within their grasp to win.

But, that last game of the season just looks mouthwateringly better and better! Ohh boy. :tt03: :thumbsup:

How about focusing on the Chargers first???

Steel12
11-09-2008, 07:20 PM
We need to worry about our team and not the Ravens...at this point in the season, we are not the best team in the division. Ben is having a Turnover Tommy type season! No way we beat SD with Ben playing like he is...The defense can't keep this up the whole season. Ben needs to do his part!

stillers4me
11-09-2008, 07:23 PM
We need to worry about our team and not the Ravens...at this point in the season, we are not the best team in the division. Ben is having a Turnover Tommy type season! No way we beat SD with Ben playing like he is...The defense can't keep this up the whole season. Ben needs to do his part!

No, it's just the last couple of games that Ben started turning the ball over multiple times. Up until then, he wasn't doing bad in that respect. He just spent way too much time on the ground.

devilsdancefloor
11-09-2008, 07:25 PM
I suffered through the 80's with this team (if mentioning the name mark malone doesnt make you go oh gawd than nothing will. We got it good now i dont know what will make you happy). This team has a huge upside we let one get away from us a couple of lucky bounces into the hands of wayne. Sure we could have played better scoring a TD instead of kicking fg would have been great, but it didnt happen. We now have to focus on our next game we have to let it go! We have to stand together and be a strong steelers nation for our team no matter what! so lets go steelers:tt02::tt02::tt02:

Also think about this ben really doesnt get much practice time in during the week... i think if he would get a god week or 2 of practice he can turn this around

TeeJay
11-09-2008, 07:25 PM
How about focusing on the Chargers first???

Because I think it's going to boil down to that last game whether The Steelers win the Division or go Wild Card. (I have no doubt they'll win the next four games, so I'm not worried in the least by The Chargers)

I'd rather be an optimist than a sad c**t!!

SteelCityMan786
11-09-2008, 07:34 PM
Because I think it's going to boil down to that last game whether The Steelers win the Division or go Wild Card. (I have no doubt they'll win the next four games, so I'm not worried in the least by The Chargers)

I'd rather be an optimist than a sad c**t!!

You and me both brother. :drink: But 1 step at a time first.

smilz3672
11-09-2008, 07:44 PM
Yes we need to look forward to the next games, there isnt anything we can do about tonight, however its hard not to be aggitated because this should have been one of our "winable" games. I really hope they take a hard look at this game and find an answer to our offense.

TeeJay
11-09-2008, 07:45 PM
You and me both brother. :drink: But 1 step at a time first.

:drink:

Look on the bright side (of life as Python would say).

No team has truely beaten The Steelers all season (3 defeats all within a score!!, and all avoidable)- The Steelers have managed to beat themselves.....:doh:..
I trust Tomlin (and Arians!) that they'll revisit the tapes and see just what everyone else here can see.............

After a defeat, the D comes out bad-ass (and so do the Steeler Fans! :tt03:) I actually felt sorry for Washington....for about 2 seconds! :thumbsup::wave:
And we've got Jeff Reed! - Hey he doesn't get enough recognition! :thumbsup: :tt:

...ok...maybe not Arians! :noidea::wink02:

SteelCityMan786
11-09-2008, 07:51 PM
:drink:

Look on the bright side (of life as Python would say).

No team has truely beaten The Steelers all season (3 defeats all within a score!!, and all avoidable)- The Steelers have managed to beat themselves.....:doh:..
I trust Tomlin (and Arians!) that they'll revisit the tapes and see just what everyone else here can see.............

After a defeat, the D comes out bad-ass (and so do the Steeler Fans! :tt03:) I actually felt sorry for Washington....for about 2 seconds! :thumbsup::wave:
And we've got Jeff Reed! - Hey he doesn't get enough recognition! :thumbsup: :tt:

...ok...maybe not Arians! :noidea::wink02:

Guys like Reed are highly disrespected. I'm not kidding when I say that.

stillers4me
11-09-2008, 07:53 PM
Guys like Reed are highly disrespected. I'm not kidding when I say that.

I love me some Skippy....the man with the golden legs. :chuckle:

SteelCityMan786
11-09-2008, 07:55 PM
I love me some Skippy....the man with the golden legs. :chuckle:

:sofunny::sofunny::sofunny::sofunny::sofunny: LOL!!!!

tyler289
11-09-2008, 07:55 PM
We're 6-3 and we can beat every team on our schedule. Not concerned at all, we know the offense is better than it's played.

TeeJay
11-09-2008, 07:57 PM
Well, I'm proud of my Reed Jersey! :thumbsup:

and so I've been told...*whispers*....He likes a party!! :wink02::thumbsup::laughing:

SteelCityMan786
11-09-2008, 08:03 PM
Well, I'm proud of my Reed Jersey! :thumbsup:

and so I've been told...*whispers*....He likes a party!! :wink02::thumbsup::laughing:

what the heck got into your mind as wrote that post. lol. :chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

TeeJay
11-09-2008, 08:15 PM
what the heck got into your mind as wrote that post. lol. :chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

:noidea::thumbsup:
.........it was only a rumour! :rofl:

But when the teams Party Animal is the Kicker.......

stillers4me
11-09-2008, 08:21 PM

The way some people talk around here, you'd think our QB is the party animal. :coffee:

SteelCityMan786
11-09-2008, 08:23 PM

Although he has had some of the craziest hair styles I've ever seen.

steelpride12
11-09-2008, 09:01 PM
San Diego reminds me of the Colts. Having a tough season, but they have good playmakers and the team won't sit and take a loss.

Bungles game i see as a trap game and the Steelers need to play their best or we could be looking at one embarrassing loss.

stlrtruck
11-10-2008, 09:34 AM
When I read the first post I started hearing journey in the back of my head...

"Don't stop believing, hold on to that feeeeling"

T.Richardson
11-10-2008, 11:33 AM
Ben has been having a horrible 3 games, Giants, Redskins and Colts have been killer on Ben. Before those games, Ben was doing alright. I believe he can turnaround and lead the Steelers. He is hurt, and he keeps bringing himself down, doubting his ability. He needs to erase the injury out of his mind and focus, and he will do fine.