PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else worried about the Ravens?

GridironWarrior
11-09-2008, 08:04 PM
I am. Flacco is playing better and their D is still pretty good. Not to mention their schedule is easier then the Steelers. I could easily seem them winning the division until the Steelers some how fix their play calling and O-line.

HereWeGoSteelers219
11-09-2008, 08:05 PM
Ask me when they beat a winning team.

slippy
11-09-2008, 08:13 PM
actually their schedule is not easier. they still have to play all four NFC east teams.

skins are at least equal to BAL and gints, egles and cryboys are all much better than the ratbirds

quarterback change
11-09-2008, 08:16 PM
unless pitsburgh get there oline and qb situation straightend out i see us losing in baltimore and baltimore also winning the division. pitsburgh and baltimore usually exchange a game a piece every year and i dont see why thats going to change this year.

SteelCityMan786
11-09-2008, 08:22 PM
I am. Flacco is playing better and their D is still pretty good. Not to mention their schedule is easier then the Steelers. I could easily seem them winning the division until the Steelers some how fix their play calling and O-line.

I'm more focused on the Chargers right now.

fansince'76
11-09-2008, 08:23 PM
Funny, I remember the exact same thread last year - only about the Browns.

stillers4me
11-09-2008, 08:25 PM
It is one of the most important games on our schedule and I don't take them lightly at all. Especially on the road.

But we need to focus on the Chargers first.

SteelCityMan786
11-09-2008, 08:27 PM
It is one of the most important games on our schedule and I don't take them lightly at all. Especially on the road.

But we need to focus on the Chargers first.

I like the way you think. :drink:

TeeJay
11-09-2008, 08:31 PM
If it means they'll stop spitting their dummy out, The Cleveland Ravens, or the Baltimore Browns (whatever!!) can have the title. They are the horrible child you're always introduced to in the shopping centre.

The "I want, I want" , tantrum throwing little shit!

Worried about them.....no., unless it means they're coming to visit...then I have to hide the Silver!

ricksteelers55
11-09-2008, 08:34 PM
I dont worry about other teams.We cant control other team's destiny.So we focus on our own games and everything will follow.

Bring the Chargers

jjpro11
11-09-2008, 08:41 PM
they have 15 straight weeks without a bye and havent reached the nfc east part of their schedule yet.. no.

stillers4me
11-09-2008, 08:44 PM
they have 15 straight weeks without a bye and havent reached the nfc east part of their schedule yet.. no.

Yep.......:hatsoff:

Just let them play it out, and we'll do our part. :drink:

Edman
11-09-2008, 08:54 PM
Yeah, they worry me. They could just as easily take the division within the next few weeks. Their D is playing well, they have a running game, and they have a QB who doesn't suck.

I don't know what to expect from our Steelers anymore. The offense is a critical weakness and is completely unreliable.

ytsan2q
11-09-2008, 09:02 PM
Yeah, our offense might give them the game just like they did in our other loses.

HometownGal
11-09-2008, 09:16 PM
At this time - NO.

That is all.

Stlrs4Life
11-09-2008, 09:24 PM

I am too, this is the NFL, Baltimore can easily win this division.

conservativesteelers
11-09-2008, 09:26 PM
When the Rags start to beat teams that the Steelers lost to, then I'll worry.

Of course, they got a good defense, and that will usually keep them in any game, and Flako is going to get better as time goes on.

OneForTheToe
11-09-2008, 11:49 PM
The only thing that scares me about Baltimore is Ray Ray's stabbing hand.

DJ919
11-10-2008, 12:13 AM
Will any of you be @ the game?... My girl and I , along with a few other brave Steelers fans/friends will be there towels and all repping and cheering our Steelers to a victory...B-more is a little over an hour from me. There are tons of Steeler fans in my area, (North Del,) so the 5 Time Champs should be repped pretty good in B-more...DC has a ton of Steelers fans as well, so they should be pouring in from the south end. I love it when Steelers fans are deep at away games. I think we're the only fans that travel in such big numbers. Anyone here going???

Am I worried about that dark purple feather squad?

I'm not worried about B-more when we play them. The Steelers are their Jinx team. Just like their AFC North clones, the Cleveland Rusty Browns , B-more has problems when the Steelers are on the other side of the field. Flac's an ex Blue Hen, and U of Delaware is 10 mins from me, but he's a Raven now...So Punch him straight in the mouth with a sack or 20, and have him wishing for his old U of Delaware days. He's still a Rook, and our Steelers will make him realize that.

What I AM worried about:

I'm just worried that due to our hard schedule and give-away losses like today's and the "W" we gave to the Giants will boost a non-deserved team like B-more to the top of the AFC North by W-L record. ... Lets hope this does NOT happen! But Staff really needs to look @ the current Steeler QB depth and not hesitate to make moves.

T.Richardson
11-10-2008, 12:43 AM
Steelers should focus on 1 team, thats the Chargers, they gotta take 1 step at a time.

DJ919
11-10-2008, 12:55 AM
Steelers should focus on 1 team, thats the Chargers, they gotta take 1 step at a time.

I think the Ravens are mentioned because they are AFC North...But yes you're right. Our Steelers have another huge game with the Chargers on deck... Focus is MUCH needed, but I think we'll be fine :thmbup:

ChronoCross
11-10-2008, 12:59 AM
I would worried about the chargers first to.. worry about the ravens when its there turn. And more focus must be made on Big Ben and his shoulder, sure he looked better but he struggled and did not throw as hard as he should are can and gave up the first, good play by the defense on the second INT but Ben with a healthy shoulder would of got the ball in there faster.. last INT hey needed some hope but we would not of need a throw for prayor if we had a healthy big Ben. And hopefully with the lack slamming Ben to the ground gives him a good week of rest and maybe just maybe we see a stronger Big Ben next week. Tough loss but are 1st conf loss and we have yet to take a beat down by 1 of are division rivals. We have a tough conf matchup with the Chargers next week so lets focus all of are attention on them and getting Ben some rest. And a speedy return of Woodley, we sure missed him.

DarkRaven
11-10-2008, 09:08 AM
So if the Ravens beat the Giants then I think the Steelers should be worried. Flacco is nothing to sneeze at.

memphissteelergirl
11-10-2008, 09:35 AM
So if the Ravens beat the Giants then I think the Steelers should be worried. Flacco is nothing to sneeze at.

I admit Flacco is a good QB. His confidence and poise seem to be improving as the season goes on.

As for worrying about the Ravens, I NEVER overlook a division rival, but we have the Chargers this Sunday. First things first....

stlrtruck
11-10-2008, 09:37 AM
Yeah, I'm worried about the ratbirds....NOT!!!

This Sunday is the chargers....we as fans need to worry about this game not a team that is still 1/2 game behind us and isn't on our schedule for a few more weeks.

PalmerSteel
11-10-2008, 09:52 AM
well since i am a fan and not a player or a part of the steelers staff, its ok to look at what other teams are doing and can look at more than one game at a time. but, the ravens only worry me a little bit. if they win their next 2 games, giants and eagles, then yes i will definately be worried. flacco is looking suprisingly good but their 4 game winning streak all had losing records so we will see the next 2 weeks.

Leftoverhard
11-10-2008, 09:56 AM
Um....................no, not at all.

XxKnightxX
11-10-2008, 10:27 AM
Um....................no, not at all.

Your sig is awesome man haha

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-10-2008, 10:58 AM
Wait till they get thru the NFC East.

I am more worried that the Steelers got stuffed on the goal line by ......the COLTS DEFENSE?!?!?

SteelerFanInCA
11-10-2008, 12:24 PM
I'm not too concerned. Like someone already mentioned they still need to play the NFC East.

tony hipchest
11-10-2008, 12:25 PM
being how we gave away games against the giants and colts, i am worried about every game remaining on the schedule. nothing is given and even supposedly shitty teams will be approaching us as if we are king of the hill.

steelpride12
11-10-2008, 12:29 PM
Given all the turnovers and lack of offense and blow outs in the second half im worried about every team and the rest of the schedule.

We need to get back to Steeler football, i miss Ben throwing under 25 passes a game and Parker doing the rest while our defense get easy three and outs. Thats Steeler football.

Ben is trying to hard and dropping back too much and with a bad throwing shoulder does not help his case.

T.Richardson
11-10-2008, 12:33 PM
Given all the turnovers and lack of offense and blow outs in the second half im worried about every team and the rest of the schedule.

We need to get back to Steeler football, i miss Ben throwing under 25 passes a game and Parker doing the rest while our defense get easy three and outs. Thats Steeler football.

Ben is trying to hard and dropping back too much and with a bad throwing shoulder does not help his case.

The Steelers should go back to last year, that gameplan worked so well. I dont think its about the number of passes, becuase Ben is able to play well when throwing 30 passes with Parker running it 20-25 times. I call this effective football!

Hines0wnz
11-10-2008, 03:50 PM
I'm more focused on the Chargers right now.

I concur.

NJarhead
11-10-2008, 04:02 PM
being how we gave away games against the giants and colts, i am worried about every game remaining on the schedule. nothing is given and even supposedly shitty teams will be approaching us as if we are king of the hill.

:iagree: And there ya have it folks.

I was disgusted with this loss. About as much as I can recall in recent times. :mad:

jjpro11
11-10-2008, 05:43 PM
flacco will hit a rookie wall, just like ben did.. and just like pretty much every other rookie qb for the past 25 years.