PDA

View Full Version : Colts got lucky

SteelersMongol
11-09-2008, 09:21 PM
We were so good. Well, until like 6 minutes was left on the clock. There is no need 4 calling firing anyone or throwing someone under the bus. Colts just got lucky. Just like every once in a while how someone gets lucky. :flap: You guys should be happy that at least we have team that goes down fighting even when they're losing. :tt02: Bungholes fans got the worst.

One thing I wonder is though, how come some of the other teams R so flexible at making adjustments on their game plans? You know, when things don't work out, or like they're losing they adjust & find a way 2 come back. For example, the Colts. V know it from 2005, & V've seen it again last night. I wonder how come V don't do that. How come there is no surprise moves or anything out of ordinary from our team? The best V've got as a "surprise" news from us by the media was "How good Lefty was when he was needed". Duhhh. :doh: Many fans knew that already & they were like "Yeah what's new?".

fallenmongol
11-09-2008, 09:45 PM
When Wayne caught that deflected pass, you could have called it a luck.
However, in the end Colts did not need any more luck but some nice picks.

Instead I would blame Ben for throwing too aggressive.

GO COLTS!

MACH1
11-09-2008, 09:46 PM
I'll agree with you on two of the pass plays that were tipped and caught by the colts. They got the lucky bounces today. But Ben's first bonehead int. didn't help much either.

Steelman16
11-09-2008, 09:48 PM
When Wayne caught that deflected pass, you could have called it a luck.
However, in the end Colts did not need any more luck but some nice picks.

Instead I would blame Ben for throwing too aggressive.

GO COLTS!

fallenmongol? Is that some sort of joke? :toofunny:

fallenmongol
11-09-2008, 09:54 PM
fallenmongol? Is that some sort of joke? :toofunny:

Nope. I go by Fallen when I am on the net and I am a Mongolian. So its fallenmongol :)

GO COLTS!

Steelman16
11-09-2008, 09:58 PM
Nope. I go by Fallen when I am on the net and I am a Mongolian. So its fallenmongol :)

GO COLTS!

Ah, cool! I thought it was a reference to our own SteelerMongol.

Sorry you're a Colts fan though. Still time to 'change'. :wink02:

conservativesteelers
11-09-2008, 10:21 PM
I'll agree with you on two of the pass plays that were tipped and caught by the colts. They got the lucky bounces today. But Ben's first bonehead int. didn't help much either.

Hmm.. I woudn't jump to conclusions as if it were Ben's fault. Holmes may not have cut his route in soon enough.

Also, the other slant route INT was most likely Holme's fault b/c he either gave up the slant route by stopping, or was not on the same page with Ben on that one either. Either, way there were mistakes, but I wouldn't jump to the conclusion you are making.

Remember Holmes missed a game, and has off the field problems, both this year, and last year. He is still new to the NFL, and obviously learning how to run routes more effectively. You could have easily blamed both INT's on Holmes.

The Colts did get a few lucky bounces, but that sometimes happens.

MACH1
11-09-2008, 10:30 PM
Hmm.. I woudn't jump to conclusions as if it were Ben's fault. Holmes may not have cut his route in soon enough.

Also, the other slant route INT was most likely Holme's fault b/c he either gave up the slant route by stopping, or was not on the same page with Ben on that one either. Either, way there were mistakes, but I wouldn't jump to the conclusion you are making.

Remember Holmes missed a game, and has off the field problems, both this year, and last year. He is still new to the NFL, and obviously learning how to run routes more effectively. You could have easily blamed both INT's on Holmes.

The Colts did get a few lucky bounces, but that sometimes happens.

The first one is entirely all Ben's fault. I wasn't jumping to any conclusions as you say, just stating a fact.

SteelersMongol
11-09-2008, 11:06 PM

GO COLTS!

Yeah, but WHY fallen? :horse: Glad 2 have another Mongol on board. :hug:

indy steeler
11-10-2008, 02:18 AM
We were so good. Well, until like 6 minutes was left on the clock. There is no need 4 calling firing anyone or throwing someone under the bus. Colts just got lucky. Just like every once in a while how someone gets lucky. :flap: You guys should be happy that at least we have team that goes down fighting even when they're losing. :tt02: Bungholes fans got the worst.

One thing I wonder is though, how come some of the other teams R so flexible at making adjustments on their game plans? You know, when things don't work out, or like they're losing they adjust & find a way 2 come back. For example, the Colts. V know it from 2005, & V've seen it again last night. I wonder how come V don't do that. How come there is no surprise moves or anything out of ordinary from our team? The best V've got as a "surprise" news from us by the media was "How good Lefty was when he was needed". Duhhh. :doh: Many fans knew that already & they were like "Yeah what's new?".

First you say, "There is no need 4 calling firing anyone".
Then you say, "One thing I wonder is though, how come some of the other teams R so flexible at making adjustments on their game plans?"

It is called bad coaching. We have a bad coach (Arians), we should fire him.
www.firebrucearians.com:thumbsup:

The Duke
11-10-2008, 02:22 AM
www.firebrucearians.com:thumbsup:

oh you gotta be kidding me, a website calling to fire arians?

yep, I'm out

Rhee Rhee
11-10-2008, 02:44 AM
colts got lucky that we were hit with the injury bug... playing w/o a probowl RB, a 9.5 sack player at the halfway point in the season and playing with basically a 3rd punter...

i mean the list goes on... (heath miller anyone?)

damn straight the colts got lucky... and mark my words, the steelers will shock the world in the playoffs...

Galax Steeler
11-10-2008, 04:05 AM
I didn't understand that first interception I have no idea who ben was throwing to it had to of been a miss read route but the other one the receiver and the quarterback wasn't on the same page.

jdsdaguy
11-10-2008, 07:13 AM
i think the game was called better than a few other games called by ariens, but when we were on the one and was held by a field goal, that could have been called different. ben should have snuck that one in or they should have called play action to take some of the defenders off the line. wasn't that the same play that got mendy hurt? i think ben should have taken a sack on that one int instead of tryin to force it. did anyone see the look on our defences faces during the last drive? not sure but it looked like some frustration because our offence couldn't produce. i really hope that if this was because of bens shoulder, tomlin will step in and do something. i love to see ben out there but maybe he needs to be saved from himself. thats just my opinion.

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
11-10-2008, 07:34 AM
Yeah, but WHY fallen? :horse: Glad 2 have another Mongol on board. :hug:

"Fallen" because he is a Colts fan, he has lost his way...:banging:

Tagg67
11-10-2008, 08:37 AM
All I can say is that I can't wait for a rematch in the Playoffs!!! I know the Steelers will bring the good ole "Smash Mouth" football to the turf for a sweet revenge:tt02:

HometownGal
11-10-2008, 09:12 AM
I don't believe the Colts "got lucky" at all. They took advantage of the opportunities handed to them as a good team will.

Their OL protected Peytoon well and they made plays and executed when they needed to. I don't call that luck - I call that being a pretty well-rounded football team.

Anytime you play Peytoon and the Colts, you know you're in for a battle and a battle they gave us. Unfortunately, they won the war too.

On to the Bolts! :tt02:

KeiselPower99
11-10-2008, 09:17 AM
Lucky bounces is a correct term. 2 passes to Wayne that Ike tipped?? Luck. And if ya remember 1 was a TD and the other set up the Clark td. So id say more lucky bounces for them then us.

T.Richardson
11-10-2008, 01:52 PM
I didn't understand that first interception I have no idea who ben was throwing to it had to of been a miss read route but the other one the receiver and the quarterback wasn't on the same page.

I think it was underthrown. Holmes was beating the corner down the field, I think if Ben was not hurt, he would have flung that ball deeper and Holmes would have had a long gain.

lotas
11-10-2008, 01:58 PM
I agree they got lucky on the two tips, which were both game changers. But we shot ourselves in the foot a few times yesterday.

Although there's been miles of Ben-bashing, I was actually really impressed/excited with the offensive play. For the first time this year they were clicking with timing routes, giving blitzes the middle finger with quick throws, and executing screens flawlessly.

I haven't seen that yet this year, save for maybe a drive here or there. I think if Ben is healthier, and the full offense practices for a full week, this team will be a powerhouse combined with that D.

fallenmongol
11-10-2008, 10:32 PM
I think something is wrong with Ben's shoulder. While he says its okay to play, his INTs are piling up.

By the way, I would love to see a rematch.
Prediction: Colts 31 - 17 Steelers :)

GO COLTS!

NJarhead
11-10-2008, 10:43 PM
I think something is wrong with Ben's shoulder. While he says its okay to play, his INTs are piling up.

By the way, I would love to see a rematch.
Prediction: Colts 31 - 17 Steelers :)

GO COLTS!

Assuming there is something wrong with Bens shoulder and the rematch took place after it is 100%, you guys stand no chance. NONE. Peyton has had ONE good game against the Steelers defense since he's been in the NFL (Barring the Pre-Season in Mexico City) and in THAT rematch the same year..., well you know. :chuckle:

http://assets.espn.go.com/media/nfl/2006/0119/photo/w_porter_275.jpg

jjpro11
11-10-2008, 11:29 PM
i'd love for the colts to come back to the burgh with that "running game" they have in the middle of january.

steelreserve
11-12-2008, 03:04 AM
What I can't believe is how much crap-ass luck Reggie Wayne had. A 65-yard touchdown off a tipped ball, and another catch of about 20 yards for a first down, off another tipped ball on third-and-long.

If they didn't get those breaks, and if Moore hadn't done his best Willie Parker impression at the goal line twice in a row in the fourth quarter, it would've been an entirely different game.

Edman
11-12-2008, 09:22 AM
What I can't believe is how much crap-ass luck Reggie Wayne had. A 65-yard touchdown off a tipped ball, and another catch of about 20 yards for a first down, off another tipped ball on third-and-long.

If they didn't get those breaks, and if Moore hadn't done his best Willie Parker impression at the goal line twice in a row in the fourth quarter, it would've been an entirely different game.

Name one time Willie ever got stuffed at the goal line as much as MeMo did Sunday. The Colts were damn lucky last Sunday and we handed the game to them. You're not going to beat teams with three turnovers. We'll have a rematch in the playoffs and demolish them.

MJ5150
11-14-2008, 08:53 PM
I wish we could have blamed that on luck. I wish...

I feel like the Colt's kicked our butts, even though they only won by four.

-Mike