PDA

View Full Version : The NFL needs cameras on the goal line

SteelersMongol
11-09-2008, 11:52 PM
Adrian Peterson broke a 29-yard touchdown run to give the Vikings a 28-27 lead over the Packers with 2:22 remaining in their game today in Minnesota. Green Bay coach Mike McCarthy challenged the call, contending that Peterson's knee was down before he crossed the goal line.

The play was upheld, as there wasn't indisputable visual evidence that Peterson's hadn't crossed the plain before he was down. FOX showed four different replays, none of which gave a clear angle to judge where the ball was in relation to the goal line. Some angles were behind the play, others were in front. There wasn't a good shot of the ball breaking the plane. It looked like Peterson was in, but it wasn't really clear either way. Had the call gone the other way and the Vikings had challenged, it's likely that that call would have been upheld too due to the lack of conclusive evidence.

These ambiguous touchdown calls happen way too much in NFL games and they're completely unnecessary. How hard can it be to set up a camera directly on the goal line so that touchdown calls are crystal clear? It's not like the NFL doesn't have enough money. Two cameras, perched on the goal line would give a definitive view on every touchdown play. With everything that goes into the staging and production of NFL games, it's ridiculous that such cameras aren't already in place. Touchdown calls are far too meaningful to leave to on-field guesswork.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/The-NFL-needs-cameras-on-the-goal-line?urn=nfl,120723

But then just 2 think they got way 2 much time on their hand 2 review each of the Steelers games looking 4 anything that is fineable... :coffee: SOBs.

MasterOfPuppets
11-10-2008, 01:09 AM
i think every player and official should have a camera mounted on thier heads....:thumbsup:

MACH1
11-10-2008, 01:11 AM
i think every player and official should have a camera mounted on thier heads....:thumbsup:

Like the pats*. :chuckle:

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
11-10-2008, 06:44 AM
Like the pats*. :chuckle:

Lol, that just made my morning! :tt02:

RoethlisBURGHer
11-10-2008, 08:16 AM
Problem is, those cameras don't help when the view is obstructed, such as with plays on the goal line where there are linemen and defensive players on both sides of the ball carrier.

MasterOfPuppets
11-10-2008, 09:11 AM
Problem is, those cameras don't help when the view is obstructed, such as with plays on the goal line where there are linemen and defensive players on both sides of the ball carrier.
and player cams would change that.....:tap: