PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Fanatic From Delaware

DJ919
11-10-2008, 02:22 AM
Hello everyone..I'm DJ...39 years of age...A Steelers Fan since I learned how to say the word "Football."...Well that was just last week so...(hehehe)...nahh, just kidding. Been with the Black and Gold all my life following in my late Father's foot steps. My father would always tell me that at the age of 3 or 4 I use to call the Steelers "The Bumble Bee Team"...That was in the days of Bradshaw, Harris, Swann, Stallworth, Greene, Lambert, Hamm, Blier...Damn, I'm getting old..
I still remember as a young little league player and understanding the game, watching my first Steelers vs Cowboys Superbowl, and how I felt when the Steelers won. Our little league teams were named after NFL teams...lol..I didn't play because I was picked by the Packers, and I wanted to play with the Steelers...My Dad talked to the two coaches (little Packers, and Steelers) and got me on as a Steeler..lol... I have 2 older brothers...One is a Raiders fan, and the other's of all teams is a Cowboys fan...Two REAL back in the day Rivals of our Steelers. They are as passionate about their teams as I am of the Steelers, so you could imagine growing up in our house on football Sunday was interesting to say the least..But My Pop was a Steeler so we had the biggest cheering section. My mother went with which ever of her Son's teams were doing the best...lol...Gotta love mom!...My brothers and I still get together one Football Sunday a month for games. We still have that rivalry, but we back eachother when our teams play against other NFL squads...Its just our of repect for our football history as kids.
Other than that, nothing else to know about me, except that I love my lady, I love my cars, I love the game of Football, and I worship my Steelers... Black and Gold...Big and Bold!

Galax Steeler
11-10-2008, 04:15 AM
Welcome to the board.

SteelersMongol
11-10-2008, 09:44 AM
Welcome & enjoy.

MACH1
11-10-2008, 11:07 AM
Welcome and Enjoy.

drizze99
11-10-2008, 11:53 AM
Welcome to the forum! Nice to see another Delawarian!!

fansince'76
11-10-2008, 12:44 PM
Welcome to the board, DJ! :cheers:

DJ919
11-11-2008, 02:45 AM
Thanks everybody...Glad to be here! :cheers:

steel striker
11-11-2008, 11:06 PM
Welcome DJ! It is a small world because, I'm from Delaware as well. I think there is alot of us steeler fans here in the first state. Like you I'm a life long steeler fan and, I'm 40 so again welcome and have fun.

HometownGal
11-12-2008, 11:02 PM
Hiya DJ and welcome to the #1 Steelers fansite anywhere! :wave::tt03::tt02: We're delighted to have you as a part of our black 'n gold family! :drink:

Moonlite37
11-13-2008, 08:13 AM
All hail to you Steeler Fan!:tt02: