PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben

steelmatic1906
11-09-2008, 08:35 PM
If you are part of a team then you should have the teams best interest in mind. He played not to have Byron Play. I think his pride was hurt during the week when people wanted him to sit and he took it personal and despite being hurt he wanted to prove the nay sayers wrong. Well all are beloved QB did was throw the game away.

SteelCityMan786
11-09-2008, 08:37 PM
If you are part of a team then you should have the teams best interest in mind. He played not to have Byron Play. I think his pride was hurt during the week when people wanted him to sit and he took it personal and despite being hurt he wanted to prove the nay sayers wrong. Well all are beloved QB did was throw the game away.

Makes me wonder how much Ben will play next week. He did take some of the blame at least though.

stillers4me
11-09-2008, 08:37 PM

Who are all these people that come out of the woodwork when we lose?

SteelCityMan786
11-09-2008, 08:38 PM

That's what I'd like to know.

MACH1
11-09-2008, 08:38 PM
Um Yeah...Ben's going to override coach's decision to play? Nahhh..He's just being selfish. :doh:

SteelCityMan786
11-09-2008, 08:40 PM
Um Yeah...Ben's going to override coach's decision to play? Nahhh..He's just being selfish. :doh:

Well Said :thumbsup:

X-Terminator
11-09-2008, 08:40 PM

It happens after every loss. I try to ignore it, because I expect it.

stillers4me
11-09-2008, 08:41 PM

Absolutely. Tomlin is still learning. That's ok. I hope he realizd he should of at the very least let Byron play the fourth quarter today. He should have had him play the whole game but I'm sure Ben said he'd be fine. And he did look fine in the first quarter.

We have a very good backup this year. Take advantage of him while we can.

SteelCityMan786
11-09-2008, 08:52 PM
Absolutely. Tomlin is still learning. That's ok. I hope he realizd he should of at the very least let Byron play the fourth quarter today. He should have had him play the whole game but I'm sure Ben said he'd be fine. And he did look fine in the first quarter.

Especially on that last drive to win the game if Ben's shoulder was that bad.

SteelersMongol
11-09-2008, 08:53 PM
I think Ben needs trust Lefty & 2 sit down 4 a game or 2 until that shoulder thing gets better.

iloveben7
11-09-2008, 09:03 PM
Yeah selfish alright whenever Tomlin says he's playing. If we would've won, you all woudn't have been complaining about benching Ben. And his shoulder looked alright to me, so i don't understand what you're saying.

DJ919
11-09-2008, 09:04 PM

:iagree: 100%

No doubt, Ben plays hurt. You often see it on his face as he grimaces after being sacked, or hit. He's a warrior...But does that help or hurt the team? Now, this may counter popular belief, but hurt or not, Ben often seems to have a hard time reading the Defense. It has come to the point that when he drops back to pass, I'm crossing my fingers! I've noticed this over the past couple of seasons. The picks he throws are super clean..."Straight to the opposing DB's numbers." Please don't get this twisted, but as true Steelers fans we know our team's strengths and weaknesses. This happens to be one of them. We should NOT have lost this game, and it has the possibility to come back and haunt us with Baltimore pouncing all over the Texans today, and our schedule is not going to lighten up. We need all the wins we can get. Two games against the over-rated Manning brothers that we should not have lost. Without question Byron L could have been put in "relief pitcher" mode and saved this game. We probably have the best back up QB in the league. This guy is starter status, so yes that should be taken advantage of. Yeah, the loyalty is to Ben, but the BIGGER loyalty is to winning.

eafratitpm3
11-09-2008, 09:08 PM
It's not that we're losing it's the fact how we are losing. When you have the ball down in your own end with 1:27 left before the half with a 17-7 lead an idiot knows you need to make sure you have ball control. Whether it was play calling or not you CANNOT throw an Int in that situation!

steelmatic1906
11-09-2008, 09:26 PM

I guess People can only post when you think its fit? Message boards are for venting. Why did you open the thread? You had a choice to skip this thread just like Ben had a choice not to play! My point wasnt to bash Ben. He's a good QB WHEN HEALTHY. Im just saying your the leader of the team and leaders dont make decisions thinkin about themself. He has to do whats right by the team. If Tomlin ask can you go be honest, not tough guy. He practiced 1 day half speed.

P.S. For all the Elder statesmen of the message board i will try to make a post everyday so can then approve of my post!

MACH1
11-09-2008, 09:29 PM
:iagree: 100%

No doubt, Ben plays hurt. You often see it on his face as he grimaces after being sacked, or hit. He's a warrior...But does that help or hurt the team? Now, this may counter popular belief, but hurt or not, Ben often seems to have a hard time reading the Defense. It has come to the point that when he drops back to pass, I'm crossing my fingers! I've noticed this over the past couple of seasons. The picks he throws are super clean..."Straight to the opposing DB's numbers." Please don't get this twisted, but as true Steelers fans we know our team's strengths and weaknesses. This happens to be one of them. We should NOT have lost this game, and it has the possibility to come back and haunt us with Baltimore pouncing all over the Texans today, and our schedule is not going to lighten up. We need all the wins we can get. Two games against the over-rated Manning brothers that we should not have lost. Without question Byron L could have been put in "relief pitcher" mode and saved this game. We probably have the best back up QB in the league. This guy is starter status, so yes that should be taken advantage of. Yeah, the loyalty is to Ben, but the BIGGER loyalty is to winning.

Its obvious you weren't a fan when Stewart, Tomczak, O'Donnell, or Maddox were the qb.

24seven
11-09-2008, 09:36 PM
I told my wife that the game would end on an interception before Indy kicked off and I knew that how Ben was playing he wouldn't let me down.. I just wanna know one thing.. Did Ben get hit in the head over the off season or another wreck or somethin that we don't know about? Cuz he's playin like he don't know what the hell is goin on out there.. I don't know why everyones head is crammed so far up there ass they can't see past the shit but Ben is playing like Bubby Brister or some shit.. He can't make a frickin decision for the life of him.. He can't move out of the pocket.. His passes are all either in the ground.. behind the receiver or to the other team..I'm done keeping fingers crossed that he'll complete it.. I've lost all faith.. I don't have a clue why but he seems to have this way of getting his way even when Cower was coach.. I know for a fact Tomlin would let him play if Ben said he was hurt even though he was.. I have no doubt.. Ben just needs to learn how to sit the profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfilter down and let someone else lead cuz he lost the ability. Hell yes I'm throwin him under the bus I'm runnin him over too.. Until he can grow up and sit the bench like a man and deal with his issues Ben is on my shit list. Byron's play last week was the first time in a long time I could see a change in the offense. I'm not saying Byron is our answer.. But Ben deffinitely is not.. and that last drive omg.. Again he goes and cries to the refs that he got the play off in time when we got that delay of game yet everyone in America was saying HIKE THE DAMN BALL IDIOT!!! He wasted so much time it was pathetic.. Then passes in the middle of the field.. I was just waiting for him to spike it on 4th lol. That would of just took the cake.. At some point our defense is gonna start ridin some ass and that ass better be Bens.. No line can protect a guy if he's gonna pump fake 20 times and stand there.. He isn't even scrambling anymore.. Bitch me out all you want.. I've watched football for 30 years.. I know when I see a problem and right now Ben is the problem..And the past is the past I could care less if he won a superbowl or not.. I'm talkin right here.. right now..

SteelCityMan786
11-09-2008, 09:37 PM
Its obvious you weren't a fan when Stewart, Tomczak, O'Donnell, or Maddox were the qb.

I'll second that.

jjpro11
11-09-2008, 09:40 PM
i dont even think it was a matter of being hurt.. he made a couple BAD decisions.. decisions like he made in the first half of the wild card game last year.

steelmatic1906
11-09-2008, 09:45 PM
True. He did make bad decisions on some throws, but even the good throws i cringe cause they just seem like the float to the Wr's. He has no consistent zip on the ball.

ricksteelers55
11-09-2008, 09:50 PM
Funny how people likes the ''what have you done for me lately''

here is some things on Big Ben

First of all,yeah he didnt play his best ball tonight,but like Coach Tomlin said sometimes when you win,QB's get too much credit but when you lose QB's can get more heat than they deserve.

Bruce Arians is the one who called the Passing play with less than 2 min to go in the 2nd half with Indy having only 1 Timeout remaining.Yeah it was a very bad throw by Ben but if the coach makes a good call,there's no chance of getting intercepted there.Same for the 2nd INT.You dont throw the ball with 5 min to go when you want to run the clock and you know that the OPP is looking for the turnovers.

Now have you noticed that Ben has been throwing INT since he got beat up.(since the giants game)

We put some pressure on Ben to get rid of the ball quickly,but that is not his style.Ben has always been a guy that needs time to make plays.Byron's style is to pass quickly.That is why sometimes he can look better but trust me he is not.The FO have decide to not improve the OL during the offseason and now because we have a poor OL we ask our QB to be someone else and when he gets intercepted we blame him.

Now we have 2 options

1) you improve that line and you get back the old Ben(and even a better Ben that we ever had)

2) you keep the poor OL and you change the 100 million dollar QB to a slow QB that gets rid of the ball quickly but wont make magic plays at times.

and finally do you really think we would have won the superbowl with Leftwich? the answer is no,cause Leftwich wouldnt have caught the colts player in the AFC Divisional game

You're still the man Ben

steelmatic1906
11-09-2008, 09:58 PM
Funny how people likes the ''what have you done for me lately''

here is some things on Big Ben

First of all,yeah he didnt play his best ball tonight,but like Coach Tomlin said sometimes when you win,QB's get too much credit but when you lose QB's can get more heat than they deserve.

Bruce Arians is the one who called the Passing play with less than 2 min to go in the 2nd half with Indy having only 1 Timeout remaining.Yeah it was a very bad throw by Ben but if the coach makes a good call,there's no chance of getting intercepted there.Same for the 2nd INT.You dont throw the ball with 5 min to go when you want to run the clock and you know that the OPP is looking for the turnovers.

Now have you noticed that Ben has been throwing INT since he got beat up.(since the giants game)

We put some pressure on Ben to get rid of the ball quickly,but that is not his style.Ben has always been a guy that needs time to make plays.Byron's style is to pass quickly.That is why sometimes he can look better but trust me he is not.The FO have decide to not improve the OL during the offseason and now because we have a poor OL we ask our QB to be someone else and when he gets intercepted we blame him.

Now we have 2 options

1) you improve that line and you get back the old Ben(and even a better Ben that we ever had)

2) you keep the poor OL and you change the 100 million dollar QB to a slow QB that gets rid of the ball quickly but wont make magic plays at times.

and finally do you really think we would have won the superbowl with Leftwich? the answer is no,cause Leftwich wouldnt have caught the colts player in the AFC Divisional game

You're still the man Ben

Arians did make some bad calls, but he doesnt throw the ball for him. Also i thought Ben had the authority to audible in and out of plays. He is the Man and he has done a lot for this organization in a short period of time, but people act like Ben can do know wrong. He had a bad game period.

#1LambertFan
11-09-2008, 09:59 PM
I think Ben needs trust Lefty & 2 sit down 4 a game or 2 until that shoulder thing gets better.

He needs to learn the longer he tries to ignore it the worse its going to get and it has the potential to be permenant. I was hoping Ben would sit this game so he could be fresh for the harder part of our season. Nope! Things will only get worse if he stays out from here. Leftwich is a good QB and we knew our offensive line wasn't what it has been in the past, and these are the kind of situations we picked Byron up for. Ben is our franchise QB and he NEEDS to know when to let others take the load off of him. Playin like he has been all year (and last year) I dont see him lasting more than 2-3 more years.

X-Terminator
11-09-2008, 09:59 PM
I guess People can only post when you think its fit? Message boards are for venting. Why did you open the thread? You had a choice to skip this thread just like Ben had a choice not to play! My point wasnt to bash Ben. He's a good QB WHEN HEALTHY. Im just saying your the leader of the team and leaders dont make decisions thinkin about themself. He has to do whats right by the team. If Tomlin ask can you go be honest, not tough guy. He practiced 1 day half speed.

P.S. For all the Elder statesmen of the message board i will try to make a post everyday so can then approve of my post!

If you had been a regular poster here and not just show up after a loss, there would be no grief. You did the latter, so here we are.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
11-09-2008, 10:02 PM
I can't stand to see Ben get blamed like this. He is arguably the best player in the league. He has done so much for this team, don't just bail on him for a guy who couldn't even start over David Garrard or Chris Redman.

steelmatic1906
11-09-2008, 10:04 PM
If you had been a regular poster here and not just show up after a loss, there would be no grief. You did the latter, so here we are.

There are over a million steeler fans! I dont think i will be the 1st time poster. Just relax and let people vent. I promise to reply to all your great post. Jeez

iloveben7
11-09-2008, 10:05 PM
and i find it funny that most of the bashers have ben in their avi???

SteelCityMan786
11-09-2008, 10:07 PM
and i find it funny that most of the bashers have ben in their avi???

Just what I was thinking.

ricksteelers55
11-09-2008, 10:07 PM
He needs to learn the longer he tries to ignore it the worse its going to get and it has the potential to be permenant. I was hoping Ben would sit this game so he could be fresh for the harder part of our season. Nope! Things will only get worse if he stays out from here. Leftwich is a good QB and we knew our offensive line wasn't what it has been in the past, and these are the kind of situations we picked Byron up for. Ben is our franchise QB and he NEEDS to know when to let others take the load off of him. Playin like he has been all year (and last year) I dont see him lasting more than 2-3 more years.

Yeah Ben is our franchise QB so the best way to give him confidence is by bench him for a QB that wasnt good enough to make the Lions Training Camp ???

come on be realistic,it takes more time to Ben to see the play develop,but once he see it he rarely makes mistakes.

Give him a solid OL with times and you will see a QB that doesnt make mistakes or almost no mistakes.

ytsan2q
11-09-2008, 10:09 PM
I always wondered how the coaches decide whether a player is healthy enough to start. It amazed me when Ben was only out one game after the motorcycle accident ans spleen removal.

X-Terminator
11-09-2008, 10:09 PM
There are over a million steeler fans! I dont think i will be the 1st time poster. Just relax and let people vent. I promise to reply to all your great post. Jeez

We get more members on this board to "vent" after losses than we ever do after a win, and that is a fact. And we're not supposed to question it???

And if you get so worked up over a football game that you have to join a message board to vent, then I'm afraid you have some issues that need to be sorted out.

steelmatic1906
11-09-2008, 10:11 PM
Yeah Ben is our franchise QB so the best way to give him confidence is by bench him for a QB that wasnt good enough to make the Lions Training Camp ???

come on be realistic,it takes more time to Ben to see the play develop,but once he see it he rarely makes mistakes.

Give him a solid OL with times and you will see a QB that doesnt make mistakes or almost no mistakes.

Your right, so what do we do since we dont have that line your talking about?

Stlrs4Life
11-09-2008, 10:20 PM
Makes me wonder how much Ben will play next week. He did take some of the blame at least though.

He has the past 2 games also. Blah, Blah, Blah, Ben needs to sit. He is not a Team player, and nothing but a big Over paid Spoiled Brat. Ben hasn't looked good since, I don't know when. Maybe against the Bungles.

steelmatic1906
11-09-2008, 10:22 PM
We get more members on this board to "vent" after losses than we ever do after a win, and that is a fact. And we're not supposed to question it???

And if you get so worked up over a football game that you have to join a message board to vent, then I'm afraid you have some issues that need to be sorted out.

No need for personal shots. Im just talkin football and about my team. If you read other replies to this thread quite a few people actually agree with me, but i understand your the bodyguard of the message board and your just doing your job. Keep up the good work buddy.:thumbsup:

P.s. it seems to me your more worried about who post more than talking about the game.

HometownGal
11-09-2008, 10:23 PM
Arians did make some bad calls, but he doesnt throw the ball for him. Also i thought Ben had the authority to audible in and out of plays. He is the Man and he has done a lot for this organization in a short period of time, but people act like Ben can do know wrong. He had a bad game period.

Ding, ding, ding - we have a winner! :thumbsup:

Arians isn't always perfect with his play-calls, but Ben does have the audible option.

X-Terminator
11-09-2008, 10:26 PM
No need for personal shots. Im just talkin football and about my team. If you read other replies to this thread quite a few people actually agree with me, but i understand your the bodyguard of the message board and your just doing your job. Keep up the good work buddy.:thumbsup:

P.s. it seems to me your more worried about who post more than talking about the game.

You know, someone else has accused me of that, yet the majority of my posts since the game ended have been...talking about the game! Wow, imagine that! :coffee:

I call them like I see them. Don't like it? The door is on you left - feel free to walk through it at any time.

steelmatic1906
11-09-2008, 10:30 PM
You know, someone else has accused me of that, yet the majority of my posts since the game ended have been...talking about the game! Wow, imagine that! :coffee:

I call them like I see them. Don't like it? The door is on you left - feel free to walk through it at any time.

Thats been my point to you about reading and replying to the thead. your still here so have a drink on me and the rest of us will continue talkin about the game Mr. Bodyguard:drink:

X-Terminator
11-09-2008, 10:44 PM
Thats been my point to you about reading and replying to the thead. your still here so have a drink on me and the rest of us will continue talkin about the game Mr. Bodyguard:drink:

And the fact remains that you only showed up here to bash the team yet was nowhere to be found after the Redskins game, for example, like so many others before you. Calling me "Mr. Bodyguard" - like that's some kind of insult or something - doesn't change that fact.

black_and_gold_4_ever
No disrespect to Ben but he isn't the quaterback we all thought he as gonna be i mean after he got the big check a flip switched and plus i personally thought they should have traded him for brady quinn last season or this season and/or eli manning back in the draft...

Richmondfan
There are several factors to bens poor play which I am sure has been considered but I will just summarize....
1. He has a history of poor decision making
2. For a big guy he seems to get hurt more than most.
3. Bruce Arians is probably the worst offensive co-ordinator in football. That includes pee wee football. If you have no substantial running game you rely on the qb exclusively and we are seeing the net result.

iloveben7
11-09-2008, 10:45 PM
wow 2 more new posters. what a shocker??

HometownGal
11-09-2008, 10:47 PM
No disrespect to Ben but he isn't the quaterback we all thought he as gonna be i mean after he got the big check a flip switched and plus i personally thought they should have traded him for brady quinn last season or this season and/or eli manning back in the draft...

:rofl::laughing::rofl::toofunny::toofunny::rofl:

fansince'76
11-09-2008, 10:47 PM

How quickly people forget E. Manning throwing THREE pick-sixes against Minnesota last year to lose and the suckfest he put on against the Browns earlier this year. Brady Quinn? Please. :coffee:

HometownGal
11-09-2008, 10:48 PM
wow 2 more new posters. what a shocker??

Halloween is over and April Fools Day is 5 months away. Where do these simpletons come from? :screwy:

X-Terminator
11-09-2008, 10:49 PM

You have GOT to be kidding me??? Trade a SB winning QB and Pro Bowler for a guy who couldn't beat out Derek Anderson for a starting job in TC??? This has to be the single most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. But I guess I shouldn't be surprised - after all, he is your typical "what have you done for me lately" fan. It also shouldn't surprise me that this comes from yet ANOTHER "fan" who shows up here after a loss. :coffee:

stillers4me
11-09-2008, 10:50 PM
Is tomorrow a Monday holiday or something, 'coz there's alot of people here who's heads are going to be throbbing in the morning. :chuckle:

Richmondfan
11-09-2008, 10:57 PM
Although I am not the new poster who suggested trading for Brady Quinn (that is rediculous) I do take offence to a suggestion that someone new can not make a comment about "your hero". Look at the statistics and realize your hero hasnt played very well. He hasnt played a well since his motorcycle accident. He is chronically injured which has limited his ability to be consistant. I know you luv him him (i am assuming you are female) but be objective to his play lately and not so defensive. I am sure he luvs you too...

black_and_gold_4_ever
11-09-2008, 10:59 PM
You have GOT to be kidding me??? Trade a SB winning QB and Pro Bowler for a guy who couldn't beat out Derek Anderson for a starting job in TC??? This has to be the single most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. But I guess I shouldn't be surprised - after all, he is your typical "what have you done for me lately" fan. It also shouldn't surprise me that this comes from yet ANOTHER "fan" who shows up here after a loss. :coffee:

oh ok ya and if i showed up after a win saying "Ben is great" or "did you see that pass" would you be complaing then like i said Ben got his big check and the only reason are record is where it's at is because of are defense...

steelmatic1906
11-09-2008, 11:00 PM
And the fact remains that you only showed up here to bash the team yet was nowhere to be found after the Redskins game, for example, like so many others before you. Calling me "Mr. Bodyguard" - like that's some kind of insult or something - doesn't change that fact.

Bash the team? the actual post says the opposite. Your to busy playing bodygaurd and bashing 1st time posters that you missed the thread. Its about Ben hurting the team. I read one of your post on another thread where you stated the same thing but i guess since im a new poster im not allowed to say it. Ok Bodyguard when we win our next game i will make sure i come post and shot you out. I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship bodyguard!:hug:

X-Terminator
11-09-2008, 11:01 PM
Although I am not the new poster who suggested trading for Brady Quinn (that is rediculous) I do take offence to a suggestion that someone new can not make a comment about "your hero". Look at the statistics and realize your hero hasnt played very well. He hasnt played a well since his motorcycle accident. He is chronically injured which has limited his ability to be consistant. I know you luv him him (i am assuming you are female) but be objective to his play lately and not so defensive. I am sure he luvs you too...

He set a Steelers record for TD passes last season. He had just 11 interceptions. His passer rating was 2nd only to Marsha Brady. And you say he hasn't played well since the accident? See, THAT is part of the reason why a lot of you noobs get bashed. Posting complete bullshit like that. You people act like Ben has never done a damn thing good in his career that deserves him being shipped out of town. I suggest you stop having selective memory, quit being a "what have you done for me lately fan" and use your friggin brain.

fansince'76
11-09-2008, 11:02 PM

Why show up now? Why not last week or 3 weeks ago? Hasn't played well since the motorcycle accident? I guess you completely missed last year, right? Of course you did - you're another typical, spoiled, what-have-you-done-for-me-lately "fan" that infests this board after EVERY loss and then disappears when the team wins.

MACH1
11-09-2008, 11:03 PM
They're like co[kroaches. Just when you think you got them all, ten more pop up.

Steelman16
11-09-2008, 11:03 PM
There are several factors to bens poor play which I am sure has been considered but I will just summarize....
1. He has a history of poor decision making
2. For a big guy he seems to get hurt more than most.
3. Bruce Arians is probably the worst offensive co-ordinator in football. That includes pee wee football. If you have no substantial running game you rely on the qb exclusively and we are seeing the net result.

:rofl:

iloveben7
11-09-2008, 11:04 PM

well what made you join after the loss? i've been a poster here for awhile and I don't just post after we win or lose a game. i never said that anyone can not make a comment about Ben. Ok he hasn't played well since his motorcycle accident?? what do you call last season?? and the 6 games that we've won this year. i am objective and if you would post here more often, you would see that i give constructive criticism.

Richmondfan
11-09-2008, 11:11 PM
Dude 3400 posts later you are a king I am sure but dont take it to an extreme...My opinion is that he hasnt played as well since his accident has some merit..a new more open offense giving opportunities for bigger numbers but less concsitancy...can you mr living legend say that ben doesnt hold on to the ball too long, has good decision making, and is not chronically injured?

bigmaq
11-09-2008, 11:11 PM
It's becoming more and more apparent that we are getting the '06 model of Ben and not the '07 model. There's a history here of Ben not listening to his body and playing. We should learn from history. Perhaps, Tomlin is taking a "show me" attitude as he was not here in '06 and to sit Ben runs counter to his philosophy of playing a player until his "wheels fall off".

There have been moments when Ben is "off" and not putting the ball where it should be. When you couple this with his poor decision making you have a recipe for disaster. He was not playing well in Washington before he got yanked and continued where he left off there today.

Ben himself admitted that he has not performed well and wanted to correct that. Perhaps, he is trying to right all of his past wrongs too quickly and is pressing to make plays. Couple that with his physical limitations and we get a QB rating matched up with the same IQ as an imbecile. Appropriate wouldn't you think?

iloveben7
11-09-2008, 11:16 PM
Dude 3400 posts later you are a king I am sure but dont take it to an extreme...My opinion is that he hasnt played as well since his accident has some merit..a new more open offense giving opportunities for bigger numbers but less concsitancy...can you mr living legend say that ben doesnt hold on to the ball too long, has good decision making, and is not chronically injured?

well maybe if you've been here before this loss, you might know that EVERYONE in the whole freakin' world knows he holds on to the ball too long. but you have to take the good with the bad.

steelmatic1906
11-09-2008, 11:20 PM
It's becoming more and more apparent that we are getting the '06 model of Ben and not the '07 model. There's a history here of Ben not listening to his body and playing. We should learn from history. Perhaps, Tomlin is taking a "show me" attitude as he was not here in '06 and to sit Ben runs counter to his philosophy of playing a player until his "wheels fall off".

There have been moments when Ben is "off" and not putting the ball where it should be. When you couple this with his poor decision making you have a recipe for disaster. He was not playing well in Washington before he got yanked and continued where he left off there today.

Ben himself admitted that he has not performed well and wanted to correct that. Perhaps, he is trying to right all of his past wrongs too quickly and is pressing to make plays. Couple that with his physical limitations and we get a QB rating matched up with the same IQ as an imbecile. Appropriate wouldn't you think?

I think you made some valid points but you will get bashed because your a fairly new poster and we arent allowed to make post after losses. :chuckle:

Richmondfan
11-09-2008, 11:21 PM
You all are funny how you somehow have squaters rights...ok 2 things, maybe I overexagertaed with post accident and secondly there are a couple #7 jerseys in my house but that doesnt mean I condone his play. He needs to be accountable and not swept under the rug like many of you life long posters are willing to do.
The question about why didnt I join earlier is simple. I dont know. I have had this saved and read what many of you say but felt I would comment this time.

fansince'76
11-09-2008, 11:22 PM
I think you made some valid points but you will get bashed because your a fairly new poster and we arent allowed to make post after losses. :chuckle:

No, actually, that was intelligent criticism and not knee-jerk, sky-is-falling jackassery. It's refreshing to read.

Makaveli
11-09-2008, 11:23 PM
Focus baby boy,.....and that doesn't mean "take what they give you",.....it means take whats there,....and then some,.... if you are finally capable. Respect is not given but earned. (at least amongst your peers.not "fans")

You know what is necessary,....if you can't swim,...then,....your bound to do what ?

Steelman16
11-09-2008, 11:26 PM
You talkin' to yer dog? :noidea:

tyler289
11-09-2008, 11:35 PM
It just seems like Ben is forcing a lot of passes. Like a previous poster said, we're seeing the '06 Ben. That Ben would have fantastic games/plays and then have horrible games/plays. Today he was not horrible. He was pretty damn good for most of the game. He made 2 really bad mistakes - both of which were him forcing the ball instead of taking an easier play (Holmes' was more a bad pass, though) - at crucial moments/spots on the field.

Those poor decisions are not from his shoulder. That's him pressing and/or believing in his throwing ability, which is obviously worsened because of his shoulder.

I still believe in Ben and know he's a good QB. He proved that last year and for most of this year. I believe that if Byron had started, we probably would have won. But that's obviously no sure thing. Either way, the game is in the past, and Ben played pretty well considering the injury, and we know he can do better.

He should forget about those bad passes, focus on San Diego, and rest his shoulder.

I'm praying that Arians and Tomlin make a simple gameplan for Sunday. San Diego is very beatable and they have to go back to Ben managing the game. Less passes would mean less hits to Ben's shoulder and less chances of interceptions. Moore has done a fabulous job so far and we can hand it off to him 25-30 times, and if Willie can play, we should be able to give it to him 30+ times and let Ben throw 15-20 times. Our D will be able to control the Chargers offense; we just need Ben to not make costly mistakes.

X-Terminator
11-09-2008, 11:59 PM
oh ok ya and if i showed up after a win saying "Ben is great" or "did you see that pass" would you be complaing then like i said Ben got his big check and the only reason are record is where it's at is because of are defense...

If you showed up after a win, you'd have more credibilty than you do now for not only showing up to bash him, but to make the absolute ridiculous suggestion that he - a SB winner and Pro Bowler - be traded for a second-year QB with just ONE game under his belt (that he lost, BTW) and couldn't beat out Derek f'n Anderson for the Browns' starting job. Think about that for a second, and then ask yourself again why you got your e-ass set on fire.

I bet you he doesn't. Why? Because he was actually rational and made sense. Unlike two others in this thread I can think of. :chuckle:

You all are funny how you somehow have squaters rights...ok 2 things, maybe I overexagertaed with post accident and secondly there are a couple #7 jerseys in my house but that doesnt mean I condone his play. He needs to be accountable and not swept under the rug like many of you life long posters are willing to do.
The question about why didnt I join earlier is simple. I dont know. I have had this saved and read what many of you say but felt I would comment this time.

So you picked THIS TIME to join the board after reading it for God only knows how long? Okay...

Yeah, you definitely did overreact when you said "post accident," completely forgetting last season when he was getting the job done on a consistent basis. I don't recall hearing a peep out of anyone then about Ben's play.

And if you bothered to truly read the threads in this forum, you would see that nobody is giving Ben a free pass for his play. I sure as hell didn't. But I also didn't call for him to be traded or benched for the rest of the season just because he had a couple of bad games. See the difference?

iloveben7
11-10-2008, 12:04 AM
^I couldn't agree more with what you said

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
11-10-2008, 12:10 AM
My grandfather always said "You call a spade a spade"

XxKnightxX
11-10-2008, 12:11 AM
Saying Ben was selfish is just f-ing ridicolous. By calling him selfish is by calling him T.O. or Snob Brady. The only problem with Ben as mentioned before is that he will refuse to let his inuries get the best out of him, but its just too much. Ben has a lot of pride and wants his team to win all the time but right now with his injuries hes hurting the team. Its just how our season has been with all these injuries and fans are frustrated. We all ride along with out Steelers regardless of the outcome, and showing anger and frustration after sucha loss shows how much fire theres in us for our team to win.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-10-2008, 12:16 AM

OK.....I see your point. So it was Tomlin's decision to start him, and it lost us the game. (as the half-empty fans would say)

Where is that poster that thinks Tomlin was a bad hire and only got the job because of the Rooney Rule? :wink: You are making his case for him :stirthepot:

fansince'76
11-10-2008, 12:18 AM
Where is that poster that thinks Tomlin was a bad hire and only got the job because of the Rooney Rule?

Well, we lost, so I'm sure he's bound to turn up here soon. :coffee:

DJ919
11-10-2008, 12:21 AM

What???? ... My friend, I'm 39 years old...Been a true blood /REAL DEAL fan of the Steelers all my life my friend ... Not one of these recent year "Jump On The Bandwagon" Fans, or Post Big Ben Fans... All my life.
If one is to let go, stop holding on, and spot the obvious problems they would see that the problems I mentioned about Ben are as true as it gets. I'm not talking about our qbs of the past...I'm talking about our qb of the "present"...The names you mentioned simply don't matter any more. You might as well have thrown Bradshaw and Bubby B in there as well.
Hey, I love Ben for doing what he's done for the Steelers, but its about what's happening on the field...Ben is off his game, and off his pace, and has been since the accident. Remember, he's still fairly young, but often plays like a QB in his final career stages. Its just time to really admit facts, and trust me, i can promise you NO ONE here hates it any more than I do.
We're 6-3 which is more than a repectful record in regards to the tremendous schedule that we have to deal with, but giving up wins like this is just not good...Even though Ben has the big Fran. $$$...If B.Left is in camp in 09, Ben should be one of the first told that he has to fight for his job....Hmmmm...Maybe thats why he played today, because what better way for B.Left to win the hearts than to go out and lead the Steelers offense in ways that I really don't think Ben is capable of at this time... Ben is actually smart for playing today, he has to realiize the 1st to 2nd QB depth we have at this time is closer than ever. Keep B.Left off the field keeps B.Left from showing that he just MIGHT be that spark plug our O really needs... Just My Opinion.
Trust me, I hope I'm as WRONG as they come, but this is what I see at this point.

MACH1
11-10-2008, 12:36 AM
What???? ... My friend, I'm 39 years old...Been a true blood /REAL DEAL fan of the Steelers all my life my friend ... Not one of these recent year "Jump On The Bandwagon" Fans, or Post Big Ben Fans... All my life.
If one is to let go, stop holding on, and spot the obvious problems they would see that the problems I mentioned about Ben are as true as it gets. I'm not talking about our qbs of the past...I'm talking about our qb of the "present"...The names you mentioned simply don't matter any more. You might as well have thrown Bradshaw and Bubby B in there as well.
Hey, I love Ben for doing what he's done for the Steelers, but its about what's happening on the field...Ben is off his game, and off his pace, and has been since the accident. Remember, he's still fairly young, but often plays like a QB in his final career stages. Its just time to really admit facts, and trust me, i can promise you NO ONE here hates it any more than I do.
We're 6-3 which is more than a repectful record in regards to the tremendous schedule that we have to deal with, but giving up wins like this is just not good...Even though Ben has the big Fran. $$$...If B.Left is in camp in 09, Ben should be one of the first told that he has to fight for his job....Hmmmm...Maybe thats why he played today, because what better way for B.Left to win the hearts than to go out and lead the Steelers offense in ways that I really don't think Ben is capable of at this time... Ben is actually smart for playing today, he has to realiize the 1st to 2nd QB depth we have at this time is closer than ever. Keep B.Left off the field keeps B.Left from showing that he just MIGHT be that spark plug our O really needs... Just My Opinion.
Trust me, I hope I'm as WRONG as they come, but this is what I see at this point.

Its hard to tell who's a real fan or bandwagoners that show up only after a loss. :noidea: Just kind of the way you came off at first. Plus, I have a couple years on ya. 41. I don't think Ben should be benched, but sitting him for a couple of games might not hurt. Let him heal up a bit and get his wits back.

Stick around and post even when they do win. :wink02:

OneForTheToe
11-10-2008, 12:46 AM
Coming to this board after al loss is like waking up in the morning to find out you spent the night with Rosie O'donnell. You know there has to be an explanation for the insanity of the whole thing, but no matter how many times you shower , you'll never get rid yourself of the heebee and geebees.

BTW we are 6-3 and still lead the division by nature of a tie breaker.

fansince'76
11-10-2008, 12:49 AM
Coming to this board after al loss is like waking up in the morning to find out you spent the night with Rosie O'donnell. You know there has to be an explanation for the insanity of the whole thing, but no matter how many times you shower , you'll never get rid yourself of the heebee and geebees.

BTW we are 6-3 and still lead the division by nature of a tie breaker.

Stop talking sense, OFTT! Our season is over, Ben needs to be traded for Brady Quinn, and Tomlin and Arians both need to be booted and Arians promoted to HC! This week!

Steelman16
11-10-2008, 12:52 AM
Stop talking sense, OFTT! Our season is over, Ben needs to be traded for Brady Quinn, and Tomlin and Arians both need to be booted and Arians promoted to HC! This week!

Gosh! :rolleyes: :chuckle:

ricksteelers55
11-10-2008, 01:08 AM
Your right, so what do we do since we dont have that line your talking about?

What we do ???

Freakin simple,we go back to our REAL football which is SMASHMOUTH FOOTBALL.

We establish the run and mix it up with screens,heck anything else but long plays that take times to develop.

When your QB is not the fastest to read the play and you dont have a good protection up front you use quicker plays.

I said it in the past and ill say it again,the biggest offseason loss wasnt Faneca,it was Dan Kreider.

We absolutely have to go back to Steelers football until we adjust the OL with more talented pass blocking players.

ricksteelers55
11-10-2008, 01:20 AM
This is for all of the ''real fans''

Listen guys,we dont have to pay attention to the bandwagoners that comes here only to backstab one of our warriors.

and this is for the people that are here only to complain ...

IF YOU DONT LIKE HOW THE STEELERS ARE HANDLE(reference to the stupid brady quinn trade post) OR THE PLAYERS THAT THEY PUT ON THE FIELD....THEN WHY DONT YOU MOVE TO THE TITANS BANDWAGON....they are still 9-0 (so you could join their forum when they lose their first game to us on December 21st and bitch at your new team)

HERE WE GO STEELERS !!!!!

DJ919
11-10-2008, 01:28 AM
Its hard to tell who's a real fan or bandwagoners that show up only after a loss. :noidea: Just kind of the way you came off at first. Plus, I have a couple years on ya. 41. I don't think Ben should be benched, but sitting him for a couple of games might not hurt. Let him heal up a bit and get his wits back.

Stick around and post even when they do win. :wink02:

Got ya...Understood...Thats the thing about forums, its sometimes hard to interpret. :thumbsup: No problem friend...We all love our Steelers no matter what. Hell, my lady, and a few friends will be in Baltimore in a few weeks repping the Black and Gold...B-more is a little over an hour from me. I hope more Steelers tribe rolls in!...If not, just keep watching the game on the tube...lol...We'll be that crazy little black and gold towel waving section.
I'm a Steeler living in North Delaware...Theres a nice Steelers following here, but we're surrounded by not one but two flocks of birds...Ravens and Eagles...Can you imagine?...lol

Galax Steeler
11-10-2008, 04:13 AM
You talkin' to yer dog? :noidea:

:toofunny:

Galax Steeler
11-10-2008, 04:32 AM
Almost no one connected with the Steelers wants to talk about what's ailing Ben Roethlisberger and how that ailment is affecting his performance.

Asked about Roethlisberger's health, coach Mike Tomlin said, "I'm not going to make that the story line, and neither will he. He was well enough to play today."

Asked how he felt, Roethlisberger said, "You guys are never going to hear me make excuses. I don't care what it is ... shoulder, thumb: no excuses."

"You'll have to ask Ben," said Hines Ward. "I can't speak to a guy's injuries."

Only defensive lineman Brett Keisel would so much as acknowledge Roethlisberger is hurting. "I give him credit for going out and competing," he said.

But, even if no one is willing to address Roethlisberger's health, it's obvious that what was diagnosed as a low-grade shoulder separation is hampering his play. How do we know that? Here's how:

In the past three games, two of which were losses, Roethlisberger has thrown one touchdown and eight interceptions. And that's after throwing nine touchdowns and three interceptions in the first six games.

Three of those interceptions came yesterday at Heinz Field where the Steelers lost to the Indianapolis Colts, 24-20, a defeat that left them with a 6-3 record and in a first-place tie with the Baltimore Ravens in the AFC North Division.

Two of the interceptions were of the monumental, game-altering nature.

The first came with 90 seconds remaining in the first half from the Steelers' 16. The second came with 4:51 remaining in the game, with the Steelers ahead by three and on their own 34. It took the Colts six plays to score a touchdown after the first, four after the second.

The interceptions were the difference in the game, and Roethlisberger stood tall to accept the blame.

"If it were an individual sport and I lost the game, I wouldn't feel so bad," he said. "It's letting your teammates down. It hurts. You never hear me say 'I' anything, but I lost this game."

But, if Roethlisberger lost the game for the Steelers, he also kept them in it. On an day when the running game produced 55 yards on 26 carries, Roethlisberger and his receivers -- Ward caught nine passes for 116 yards -- were the Steelers' offense.

If you take away the interceptions (the third was harmless coming on a Hail Mary pass on the final play of the game), Roethlisberger had a splendid day. He completed 30 of 42 passes for 284 yards and was sacked only twice. Beyond the interceptions, he outperformed the great Peyton Manning, who completed 21 of 40 passes for 240 yards.

As for the interceptions, they were ugly.

Roethlisberger was throwing for Santonio Holmes on the first. "I didn't see 'Ton," he said. "I shouldn't have thrown it."

The ball was grabbed easily by cornerback Keiwan Ratliff and returned to the Steelers' 30.

On the second interception, Roethlisberger again was going to Holmes, but misread the route. "I thought he was coming under," he said. "My mistake." Tim Jennings snatched the errant pass and returned it to the Steelers' 38.

Roethlisberger has been missing most of the Steelers' practices recently, but insisted that is not a factor in his play

"I don't think it's that big of an issue. I'm taking the mental reps and I'm seeing everything that's going on [in practice]. It's not as tough as it might seem. It's just coming out and executing, but I'm not doing that real well."

Of course, teams practice for a good reason, and, if Roethlisberger can't practice, it's bound to affect his play and could have been the reason for the interceptions.

There is sure to be a demand from many in the Steeler Nation and some in the media to replace Roethlisberger with veteran backup Byron Leftwich, who performed so well in relief against Washington last week, in what was the Steelers' only win in the past three games.

But how does a coach turn his back on a franchise quarterback? How do you sit down the man in whom the club has about a $100 million investment and who completed 71 percent of his passes in his most recent game?

And here's another reason why Tomlin should stick with Roethlisberger.

As well as Leftwich played against Washington -- 7 of 10 for 129 yards and a touchdown, there's no guarantee he'll do as well the next time. There's a reason he was a free agent and available to any team when Charley Batch was injured in training camp.

In three games with the Atlanta Falcons last season, Leftwich completed 32 of 58 passes for 279 yards. He threw one touchdown and three interceptions and had a passer rating of 51.4.

It would be helpful if Roethlisberger could get in a full week of practice for the San Diego Chargers who will visit Heinz Field Sunday. If he can, he absolutely should start. If he can't, and he's healthy enough to play, he absolutely should start.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08315/926799-194.stm

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
11-10-2008, 07:40 AM
You talkin' to yer dog?

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l302/CMPunk186/RowdyRoddyPiper1.jpg

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
11-10-2008, 07:55 AM
What we do ???

I said it in the past and ill say it again,the biggest offseason loss wasnt Faneca,it was Dan Kreider

Behind you 100% on this one. Parker, and Moore, run better behind a full back. You would have a great, veteran pass blocker back there to help buy Big Ben some time. I don't understand why we has abandoned the fullback sets in favor of extra tight ends?:banging:

Steelers Since '75
11-10-2008, 08:21 AM
I actually thought the gameplan was spot on by Arians... lots of little dump-offs (enter Davenport joke here) like we have been clamoring for. Ben clearly was responsible for this loss... Ben lovers need to buck up and realize this. I love Ben but I love the Steelers more and Ben is having problems this year. Granted we are 6-3 but it is a product of our outstanding defense... our offense has been pretty dismal this year and the last time I have seen it truly click was with Leftwich. Ben has been very hesitant to get rid of the ball and when the pressure is mounting he makes bad decisions... that pass right before halftime was just horrible... nowhere near Holmes. The second pick was more a good defensive read... the defender jumped the pass. Ben used to extend plays with his scrambling but this year he does not move very well outside of the pocket... he just stands there and pump fakes many, many times... that is when I get nervous.

Michael Keller
11-10-2008, 08:27 AM
Personally I am uncertain to what extent Ben's sub par play is attributable to the shoulder injury. He is not practicing during the week therefore we can conclude the injury is affecting him. However he is zipping the ball in there during the gams and that flea flicker was an indication of arm strength.

I think Ben needs to get SMARTER and make better decisions and drop the " I gotta make something good happen" mentality. This out look was especially evident at the end of the first half when he threw that pick. That was a very poor choice considering how the game was going. We have the number one defense in the league Ben, you do not have to do it all the time. Play within the game and give up your stubborness and raw athletic determination.

It is time for your mental & emotional maturity to catch up with your incredible physical talents. In plain words, get smart Ben you are no longer a young player. You are the franchise player and you do have team talent (defense included) surrounding you. I believe Ben is at a cross road and I also believe he is going to advance in the right direction. He has to go through this challenge.

By the way it took Bradshaw a hell of alot longer than Ben to develop to this point.

steelmatic1906
11-10-2008, 08:37 AM
People act like its illegal to talk about Ben. Stop being apologist! Praise him when he plays good, but tell the truth and call it like you see it when he plays bad.

Edman
11-10-2008, 08:39 AM
If we stick with Ben, our season will go further down the crapper. The poor dude just doesn't have it this year. I'm tired of blowing these games.

GBMelBlount
11-10-2008, 08:43 AM
Just like the season we were 8-8, I think he needs to rest and heal for at least a few games.

missedgehead
11-10-2008, 08:48 AM
I thought Ben should have sat for at least this game. However, the coaches felt differently. Ben always wants to play as you all know and the coaches felt he was good enough to go. Just like when Cowher (IMO unwisely) let Ben play in that Oakland game two years ago when Ben really should not have after being concussed in Atlanta. Well, you all saw what happened. We had a game we should have won and we lost, in both instances. I put this on the coaches, but Ben has to understand he has to put team first before his desire to play as well.

delhess
11-10-2008, 08:50 AM
i think big ben is no doubt the steelers best bet, and best chance to win games. no doubt whatsoever. he played pretty good yesterday. no perfect by any means, but pretty good.

that being said, it is questionable that he played yesterday.

to quote (loosely) shannon sharpe talking about ben on sirius this morning :

"if you are not 100%, and you suck it up for a game and stick it out, that is great, but if you end up with a loss, what did you gain??"

good point!

HometownGal
11-10-2008, 08:58 AM
Just like the season we were 8-8, I think he needs to rest and heal for at least a few games.

I couldn't agree more. Anyone with a fraction of a brain cell can see that Ben isn't up to snuff and it isn't like we don't have a capable backup in Lefty. Sit him for next week's matchup with the Bolts and see how he feels after a couple of weeks worth of rest.

A healthy Ben is a kick-ass QB. :tt02:

dragtruk
11-10-2008, 08:59 AM
I think Ben played a good first quarter.I agree that Leftwich should have come in as a "reliever" as someone else said here. Ben was clearly not playing his best. But, Ben does have some stats working against him this year. 11 INTs and 8 fumbles. 3 of which were turnovers, but had the portential to be 8.
All of this in just 10 games. So you know he's not himself lately.
Peyton Manning may have 10 INTs, but double zeros in the fumble column. We were considerably lucky yesterday that the Colts had as many dropped passes for TD's that they had, otherwise the Colts would have had 38 points. True, we still lost, but it would have been embarrassing.
Ben should rest, get well, let Leftwich get some playing time, and then come back healthy and strong.:tt:

RoethlisBURGHer
11-10-2008, 09:12 AM
Here is the problem with Ben Roethlisberger's shoulder and thumb injuries:

A week or two of rest won't heal them.

For those saying we should sit Ben for a week or two so he'll be healed up, it won't happen. These injuries won't be healed until the offseason when Big Ben isn't doing anything but resting.

Will two weeks of rest help his shoulder? Yes, until he lands on it or gets hit on it again. Then it's right back to square one.

I just think some of the posters calling for Ben to be benched just to heal up don't understand this, so I figured it needed to be posted.

KeiselPower99
11-10-2008, 09:13 AM
I posted in an earlier thread that I believe Leftwich starts against the Bengals next Thursday. Short week and bum shoulder then Ben has 2 weeks to rest for Patriots.

Steelercrazy
11-10-2008, 09:17 AM
I'm sure I'll take heat for being a "not very active poster".

Are we REALLY not welcome on this forum! After reading all the complaints, I don't feel very welcome here. Would a new "joiner" take the same heat?

Anyway, I just want to comment on Byron Leftwich. Yes, we were all pleased about how well he did when he came out against the Redskins, but how long would it last? I like Leftwich, great guy! But, if he was that great, wouldn't he have a starting job on SOME team? Maybe I'm missing something.

I love Ben Roethlisberger, but there are definitely some issues there. Does anyone know what options the Steelers have if they decide that Ben's NOT their man?

:tt:

The_WARDen
It's no big deal that Tomlin stuck w/ Ben. Everyone loves Ben's desire to play.
My big problem is why do you let him throw the ball 40+ times against a team who has been below average against the run historically?

Baffles my mind because they never trailed until the last 6 minutes or whatever so why is he throwing the ball 40 times?

:noidea:

HometownGal
We have a gazillion (exag) Ben threads flying around here and it's clogging up the forum.

With the exception of the "Goat of the Game" thread, I am going to combine all of the other threads into this thread and you all can talk about Big Ben to your hearts' content! :drink:

memphissteelergirl
11-10-2008, 09:38 AM
@Steelercrazy,

Constructive criticism is always welcome on the board. I think what most of us object to is the knee-jerk reaction of many who come here to bash Ben or whoever. This is JMHO, but I think there are those who may have their "issues" with a certain player and jump at the chance to jump online and have their little vent. Like I said, I have no problem with constructive criticism, but do it rationally and with a little forethought.

Now, on to Ben...

There is no sugar-coating it, Ben stunk it up yesterday. Once again, I give a shout-out to our D for keeping us in it. And I think a problem I addressed in another thread re-surfaced yesterday. Ben takes too much on himself. He takes on the role of trying to be the big "playmaker", but there are times when you just have to take on the role of "game manager." I think he has some kind of aversion to that role, since that's how many in the media (and some fans for that matter) perceive him. On that last drive yesterday, he should have managed the clock more effectively. Keep moving the chains...rely on your run game.
We all know BA's playcalling is the worst in the league, and he keeps proving that every week. But I say this loss is 80% Ben and 20% Arians. As I stated in another thread, Ben needs to realize that it's not a weakness to step back and admit I am not physically or mentally sharp enough right now...let me step back and let Byron assume the helm until I am 100%. If anything, to me that is a sign of a good leader.

Ok....I'm done. I've said my peace about this....onto the next game. :tt02:

siss
11-10-2008, 09:54 AM
here's the thing. We wanted a franchise QB and we got one..

We love the highs, but we also have to ride the lows.

fansince'76
11-10-2008, 09:55 AM
Constructive criticism is always welcome on the board. I think what most of us object to is the knee-jerk reaction of many who come here to bash Ben or whoever.

You kidding? I thought the "trade Ben for Brady Quinn" idea was a stroke of genius! We ought to throw our first round picks for the next five drafts in just to sweeten the deal! C'mon Rooneys, get it done! (insert sarcasm smiley here)

memphissteelergirl
11-10-2008, 09:56 AM
You kidding? I thought the "trade Ben for Brady Quinn" idea was a stroke of genius! We ought to throw our first round picks for the next five drafts in just to sweeten the deal! C'mon Rooneys, get it done! (insert sarcasm smiley here)

:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

smilz3672
11-10-2008, 10:01 AM
Ben the best player in the league? I love ben as much as the next guy/girl but thats really debatable. Anyways. Do I blame Ben for losing this game? Last night lol yes. I was pissed off. Now that Ive had some time to reflect do I still think Ben lost us the game? Mostly,but not completely. There were oppurtunities for us to intercept. Our offense just needs alot of work. I dont even know what to say about that. Play calling? Well my personal opinion is no huddles. Let Ben call it. It works. There was absolutely no reason to have him throw 3rd n 2. If I was Ben I would have been are you kidding me? The 2nd intercept? Miscommunication? Personally I havent been happy with Santonio Holmes for quite some time. I do think they should have put Byron in after that 2nd intercept. Not so much as a punishment,but to get Ben on the sidelines and for him to regain some composure. I think they played him a game to early anyways. You could tell by that Hail Mary he threw he was hurting. Byron was more than capable of doing the job this week. I hope we get Willie back for the next game, altho Moore is doing a great job as his replacement. I dont know I think this game was a sombering reminder, that we need to get it together and quick, because there really wasnt any good reason for us to lose this game. But win or lose I beeld black n gold and Steelers 4 life!!!!!!! Oh for all you long time posters, take it easy on us noobs. I know personally I just found this forum, but you will see more of me lol

The Duke
11-10-2008, 10:15 AM
Last week I thought he should rest for this game, but after the game it was obvious to me he shouldn't. The man is a warrior, he feels he is letting his team down, now he wants to fix that. He's the franchise QB, we live or die with him

and like RoethlisBURGHer, this injury will take time to heal, 1 or 2 weeks won't help much

Couldn't have said it better myself

In fact, you sound like coach tomlin :chuckle:

It's just a matter of reducing he lows, and I trust ben in that :tt03:

Tankus_Maximus
11-10-2008, 10:18 AM
ok..with all the Ben-bashing, how about some positives? he did a great job with his check-down in Spaeth!

The Duke
11-10-2008, 10:28 AM
ok..with all the Ben-bashing, how about some positives? he did a great job with his check-down in Spaeth!

Yeah, he did a good job at that, and also with moore

It may have something to do with the colts defense that likes to cover deep leaving the middle open, but he really improved on checkdowns

He should have a good game against the bolts last ranked pass defense

MilehighSteelerFan
11-10-2008, 10:34 AM
True Steeler fan here win or lose and I agree that right now Ben needs to get healthy. We should not have lost this game or even the Giants game. He is forcing it right now.

memphissteelergirl
11-10-2008, 10:36 AM
He is forcing it right now.

That says it all. :thumbsup:

GBMelBlount
11-10-2008, 10:56 AM
We were considerably lucky yesterday that the Colts had as many dropped passes for TD's that they had, otherwise the Colts would have had 38 points. True, we still lost, but it would have been embarrassing.
:tt:

Perhaps they were scared crapless that they were going to get their heads taken off? Our "D" is definitely getting a reputation.... :thumbsup:

PalmerSteel
11-10-2008, 10:59 AM
it is so black and white - BEN IS NOT RIGHT. he needs to sit right now. at least give lefty a chance. if, god forbid, left plays terrible, then put ben back in. ben is our unquestioned leader. but a true leader knows when to put his team first in situations like this. come on ben, rest up!

TackleMeBen
11-10-2008, 11:02 AM
Perhaps they were scared crapless that they were going to get their heads taken off? Our "D" is definitely getting a reputation.... :thumbsup:
now if our offense could get a 'reputation' and not a bad one..lol..

i think ben's shoulder injury is alot more serve than the team is letting on. we all know that he is a warrior, but he should know when to stop being superman and let someone else step up. if he doesnt then he may end up retiring earlier than he planned..

RoethlisBURGHer
11-10-2008, 11:04 AM
To the newbies:

This place has a history that after losses new people show up and old people come out of the woodwork to bash certain players and coaches. When the team is winning, nobody is joining and the old posters are nowhere to be found.

So you new people need to prove to us that you aren't here for a week of bashing, and then a dissapearing act once the team is winning again.

So don't be mad at us regulars for making you feel unwanted. But you are only wanted if you're going to be a regular here and not act as a troll. If you pick and choose only to show up after losses and are constantly negative then no, you are not wanted.

XxKnightxX
11-10-2008, 11:17 AM
http://imagesforum.doctissimo.fr/mesimages/4365819/dont-feed-troll.jpg3..jpg

revefsreleets
11-10-2008, 11:31 AM
I'm no noob, and I'm the last guy to knee-jerk, but Ben is off his game right now. We are a team in the hunt, and he needs to be healthy in December and January.

I think it's time to rest him for a week or two and let him get right. He's taken an awful lot of abuse.

iloveben7
11-10-2008, 11:33 AM
Here is the problem with Ben Roethlisberger's shoulder and thumb injuries:

A week or two of rest won't heal them.

For those saying we should sit Ben for a week or two so he'll be healed up, it won't happen. These injuries won't be healed until the offseason when Big Ben isn't doing anything but resting.

Will two weeks of rest help his shoulder? Yes, until he lands on it or gets hit on it again. Then it's right back to square one.

I just think some of the posters calling for Ben to be benched just to heal up don't understand this, so I figured it needed to be posted.

I agree with you and that's what I've said numerous times before. We had a bye week and Ben's injuries didn't heal, so what's the point of benching our franchise QB. Ben's shoulder was not affecting his play yesterday at all, he completed 80% of his passes. It's not the shoulder, it was just a couple of bad INT's. Every QB has a bad game. I know Tom Brady and Peyton Manning have had bad days like Ben, but did they bench them? I don't think so.

iloveben7
11-10-2008, 11:34 AM
It's no big deal that Tomlin stuck w/ Ben. Everyone loves Ben's desire to play.
My big problem is why do you let him throw the ball 40+ times against a team who has been below average against the run historically?

Baffles my mind because they never trailed until the last 6 minutes or whatever so why is he throwing the ball 40 times?

:noidea:

because we couldn't run the ball. we only had 54 yards against the 25th ranked defense against the run

iloveben7
11-10-2008, 11:35 AM

exactly. show me one QB that had an AMAZING game everytime

revefsreleets
11-10-2008, 11:36 AM
If he isn't going to heal, then he should be benched. His performance of late has been abysmal.

I completely disagree that time off won't help. His general aches and pains will heal up if nothing else...

iloveben7
11-10-2008, 11:37 AM
^look at the bye week. it's the National Football league, you have to play with injuries

TackleMeBen
11-10-2008, 11:45 AM
^look at the bye week. it's the National Football league, you have to play with injuries
that is true, but you also have to know when your injuries are hurting your team. and i think ben's shoulder injury is going to cost the team in the end. as i stated before. i think its worse than we know.

revefsreleets
11-10-2008, 11:46 AM
I'm not stupid.

After the bye week, Ben was solid, 17/28 216 and 2 TD's. Dinged up against the Giants, very poor performance, 13/29, 129 1 TD and 4 picks. Continuing to play hurt, he looked just okay vs the Skins, 5/17 50 yards and a pick. That slide continued last night, 30/42 284 and 3 picks.

The proof is in the numbers. He's thrown 1 TD and 8 picks in the last 3 games. He's not healthy, and he's a detriment to the team right now.

Glace
11-10-2008, 11:59 AM
He said he was going to play better, and he did play better during that game...to an extent.

14 points off 2 Ben interceptions killed us. Give Manning a short field and he'll kill you every time.

However....If Nate Washington had pulled that hail mary in rather than it bouncing right off of his hands, we'd be having a much different conversation today.

fansince'76
11-10-2008, 12:02 PM
However....If Nate Washington had pulled that hail mary in rather than it bouncing right off of his hands, we'd be having a much different conversation today.

Shoulda had SWEEEEEEED down there. :chuckle:

TackleMeBen
11-10-2008, 12:13 PM
Shoulda had SWEEEEEEED down there. :chuckle:
would it have made a difference who was down there?

Glace
11-10-2008, 12:15 PM
I guess I should add, when I said he played better, I saw him being more decisive. I saw him getting the ball out quicker. I think it's going to take time to get him back to his top form....I just hope not TOO much time.

Also, for him to get back, that means he has to play. Ben's problem is in his mind, not his arm. You don't get over that by being benched. If it costs us a game here and there, so be it. Until we get a real offensive line, I didn't have much hope for a superbowl this year anyways.

don't lose hope. Benching Ben is the worst thing we could do right now.

fansince'76
11-10-2008, 12:31 PM

Yep - SWEEEEEEED could've jumped 10 feet above everyone else and made a one-handed stab to catch it.

:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

SteelCityMan786
11-10-2008, 12:34 PM

Nope, either way. They blew their chances.

TackleMeBen
11-10-2008, 12:37 PM
Yep - SWEEEEEEED could've jumped 10 feet above everyone else and made a one-handed stab to catch it.

well if that was the case then why wasnt he in there just for that reason... ben wanted a tall reciever.... he got it and all the reciever does is stand on the sideline? i would have at least put him in there to see if he could use his height to make a play... but its easy playing monday morning quarterback...

fansince'76
11-10-2008, 12:41 PM
well if that was the case then why wasnt he in there just for that reason... ben wanted a tall reciever.... he got it and all the reciever does is stand on the sideline? i would have at least put him in there to see if he could use his height to make a play... but its easy playing monday morning quarterback...

It's a JOKE:

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?p=439332#post439332

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?p=439361#post439361

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?p=439366#post439366

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?p=439433#post439433

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?p=450495#post450495

MACH1
11-10-2008, 12:55 PM
You know if Sweed would have played more the game would have been different. :chuckle:

SteelerFanInCA
11-10-2008, 01:00 PM
It's not that we're losing it's the fact how we are losing. When you have the ball down in your own end with 1:27 left before the half with a 17-7 lead an idiot knows you need to make sure you have ball control. Whether it was play calling or not you CANNOT throw an Int in that situation!

Agreed, that was probably the single most frustrating play of the game. :banging::banging:

TackleMeBen
11-10-2008, 01:03 PM
You know if Sweed would have played more the game would have been different. :chuckle:
we all know that if leftwich had played we would have definately won the game...:sofunny:

drizze99
11-10-2008, 01:09 PM
Facts:

* Partially dislocated throwing shoulder
* In the last 3 games, Ben has thrown 1 TD and 8 picks
* Holds onto the ball too long
* Poor decision making
* Not "spinning" the ball
* Can't read a defense to save his life

Ben survives by improvidence and he is good at it. With his shoulder in its current state, he is not the same Big Ben. Mix poor decisions and the lack of zip on the ball and that is the recipe for disaster. I love Ben just as much as the next Steeler fan but there is a point where Tomlin has to not listen to the player and go with the best option to help the team win. No mater how you slice it and dice it, its all about winning. Right now I believe Ben needs to sit and get healthy. I would like to see Byron play the next 2 games and have Ben rest his arm. Do not confuse this with "I want Ben benched" or "Byron is a better QB."

Sometimes fans have their judgment clouded because they "love" that player. Let's face it and call it the way we see it. Ben is playing poorly right now and I believe the main problem is that throwing shoulder. He is doing nothing but hurting the team right now by playing. IMO, we should have won that game last night. We should have beaten the Giants as well and a strong argument could be made for the Eagles game.

I am not going to call out just Ben though. Coaches have to put their players in the best position to win and I do not believe Bruce Arians is doing that. His game plans to me have been suspect since he has been named coordinator. There is not 1 Steelers game in the past 1.5 years that I sat back and said "Bruce called a brilliant game." I would like to see him get his walking papers after this season. I would like the Steelers to find an OC outside of the organization that has creativity, ability to change a game plan at halftime and put his players in the best possible position to win.

fansince'76
11-10-2008, 01:14 PM

Yep, and had we run on that play, got stuffed (which our run game pretty much did all afternoon), Ernster, who didn't exactly remind anyone of Ray Guy with his punts yesterday, would have practically been punting from our own endzone and would have probably given Indy great field position anyway. Only difference is people would now be squawking because we didn't pass it instead. The problem was in execution.

revefsreleets
11-10-2008, 01:15 PM
Agreed, that was probably the single most frustrating play of the game. :banging::banging:

Cowher would NEVER have thrown in that situation, at least not down the field like that. You don't wing the ball around until you clear the 50. That's one of the rules of "Cowher ball". In fact, now that I think about it, it was the 2005 Colts game in which he called himself out for it. We tossed a pick in the same spot going into halftime and put ourselves in an impossibly deep hole.

Take complete and utter umbrage at the comment about Ben "Not being able to read a defense".

That's patently false.

rbryan
11-10-2008, 01:19 PM
You could make a pretty good argument that the next two games are the easiest we have left on the schedule. If there was a time to sit him and let him heal up, it's now.

steelpride12
11-10-2008, 01:23 PM
It all comes down to money and that's the reason Ben played. He is making 102 Million dollars and the franchise wants him out there earning it, as silly as that sounds its the sad truth when it comes down to money.

I just wish that would consider Ben's long run and realize at this pace he could be retiring at age 30 if he still has body parts and should sit him a game or two def. with two light teams coming up.

The_WARDen
11-10-2008, 01:23 PM
I'm not stupid.

After the bye week, Ben was solid, 17/28 216 and 2 TD's. Dinged up against the Giants, very poor performance, 13/29, 129 1 TD and 4 picks. Continuing to play hurt, he looked just okay vs the Skins, 5/17 50 yards and a pick. That slide continued last night, 30/42 284 and 3 picks.

The proof is in the numbers. He's thrown 1 TD and 8 picks in the last 3 games. He's not healthy, and he's a detriment to the team right now.

Quit stating the obvious. You're confusing them.

:coffee:

Ricco Suavez
11-10-2008, 01:46 PM
Talk about whipping a dead horse. Eight interceptions last three games only one Td passing. Lets look at those interceptions Two were last plays of the game one a hail mary one a 4th and forever. I don't know about you but I would rather take a chance at winning and failing then just protecting a stat. One interception was a tipped at the line . That was all Ben"s fault? One was knocked loose from Washington, one he should have held as it hit him in the gut. Another interception was a 4th and 6 from the opponents 36(too far for a sure FG, too close too punt) what did it hurt ,incomplete or interception, he was trying to make a play. Who wouldn't in that situation. That leaves 3 unaccounted for (two being yesterday). I will say that both hurt and both came at the worst time, but even one of those was not all Ben's fault, you have to give Santonio some grief over the 2nd one. And I read we should run more and pass less,Duh!!!!! That would be great if possible. We have not lit it up running either. Just one more word for everyone who wants Byron L. You may get what you wish for.

drizze99
11-10-2008, 02:06 PM
You can paint as pretty of a picture you want or make-up any excuse you want for the INTs, the FACT of the matter is its still a TURNOVER and our opponents are taking advantage of them and scoring points or they are momentum changers....

Ricco Suavez
11-10-2008, 02:59 PM
You are correct a to is a to but I just pointed out that all are not attributed to Ben

HometownGal
11-10-2008, 03:08 PM
we all know that if leftwich had played we would have definately won the game...:sofunny:

How do you know we wouldn't have won the game with Lefty in there? Those picks gave the Colts the points they needed to win the game.

A healthy Ben is a kick ass QB, no doubt about it, but the two injuries he has detrimentally affect his game and I think yesterday was about as close to proof in the puddin' as you can get.

T.Richardson
11-10-2008, 04:07 PM
How do you know we wouldn't have won the game with Lefty in there? Those picks gave the Colts the points they needed to win the game.

A healthy Ben is a kick ass QB, no doubt about it, but the two injuries he has detrimentally affect his game and I think yesterday was about as close to proof in the puddin' as you can get.

For all you know Left could have done worse!

Ben can do well, he shown yesterday he can make passes. His completion percentage was like really good, he passed 30-42 for 284, thats pretty good, but those 2 plays he made really were boneheaded, I think he forced it.

Also why do you have Doug Mien... however his last name is spelled in your sig? McLouth is wayyyyy better.

iloveben7
11-10-2008, 05:15 PM
You can paint as pretty of a picture you want or make-up any excuse you want for the INTs, the FACT of the matter is its still a TURNOVER and our opponents are taking advantage of them and scoring points or they are momentum changers....

yeah we know a turnover is a turnover, but it's not all Ben's fault as everyone is making it out to be. Yeah he threw the INT, but it's not entirely all his fault and the defense could've held the Colts to 3 instead of 7

Paul Pyrch
11-10-2008, 06:11 PM
One simple question: "Who's the Coach? Tomlin or Ben?" I don't care how ready Ben said he was to play. Tomlin needed to sit him and give his shoulder a chance to heal. Obviously, Ben is not 100% and his play shows it.:banging:

revefsreleets
11-10-2008, 06:21 PM
OK. Let's look at this another way. He has 8 picks over the last few games, and not all were his fault. But how many bad passes has he thrown that COULD have been picks? Those things balance themselves out.

His accuracy is off. He's not himself. He definitely looked better after having a week off (Cincy). It looks like there are quite a few factors pointing towards the injuries and hits taking a toll. I love Ben as much as the next guy, but nobody can continue to take that kind of pounding week after week and not be affected by it. It wouldn't kill him to rest for a couple weeks and get ready for the home stretch.

Edman
11-10-2008, 06:22 PM
Signs are pointing at Ben playing next week. No, this guy is not 'Ben'. This guy is 'Maddox'. Ben has gone missing and Maddox has taken his place. We have to find Ben and send Maddox to the bench.

So, um, I wonder how many picks Maddox throws next week? I say two. Unless Ben returns.

PalmerSteel
11-10-2008, 07:26 PM
if ben cant practice until friday, i think tomlin should make the executive decision to start lefty.

T.Richardson
11-10-2008, 08:56 PM
I have to agree, if Ben doesnt practice much this week, he must sit. Ben needs this week to practice.

Chamberlain
11-10-2008, 09:58 PM
Now we have 2 options

You're still the man Ben

I wish the people on here bashing Ben for playing poorly would realize this. Our OL is banged up this year and we lost Faneca. We've played without Parker for most of the year, which takes away the play-action for the most part. Don't blame one person for the loss, that's taking the profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfilterprofanityfilter way out. It's a team sport.

steel striker
11-11-2008, 12:38 AM
Man some of you guys need to calm down and, we lost a game that we should have won. It is time to move on to the next game which is the chargers. Oh if you want to blame someone how about tomlin after all like Cowher did not do in 06 which was play Batch instead Ben played and was not ready to play. Still Ben is banged up and Leftwich should have played the next two games. I still do not like the play calling on the one yard line and, we run it three times in row with moore.

Jaquila
11-11-2008, 09:12 AM
well I saw Ben sit through the Colts game, not because i think Leftwhich would have done much better. But becaue i think that Ben could use some time to rest his shoulder, and maybe come back strong against the Chargers. Now after the loss to Colts (which he had big part of) is just more frustrated and tired and that can end up costing us our season.

TackleMeBen
11-11-2008, 09:52 AM

i agree, a healthy ben is a kick butt QB, however, i still think he is hurt alot worse than we know. i think he doesnt want to admit it to himself that his shoulder is not right. he needs to rest and get his shoulder better b/c we definately need him down the stretch

24seven
11-11-2008, 12:00 PM
sounds to me like some people just can't deal with opinions that are different than their own.. A forum is meant for discussion from different points of view. Might just wanna stop the childish arguing about who posted what and just post your opinion based on the initial post. Otherwise you get 16 pages of bitchin at other posters about their need to vent after a frustrating situation. That being said.. I am a member.. i post when I feel I need to post.. I don't live on this forum and make friends with everyone I just come to see what is being said about the team i've loved for 30 years of my life. Again with that being said.. Ben is playing like royal dogshit and if he plays like that again he needs to see some bench time. Put aside his past.. The past doesn't mean shit right now. Right now he's playing some of the worst football i've ever seen and he looks like a scared schoolgirl that can't decide if he wants to loose his virginity or not. Sure our line isn't the greatest but there has been so many times Ben could of moved and he just stands there anymore. Shit I would love to see Dennis Dixon play for all I care.. I don't think we have a set solution for who or what we need but I'm tellin you right now.. I'm callin him out.. Benny boogers.. You are stinkin up the field. Ok Ben Lovers.. that should drag this into a couple more pages at least.. have at it.........:S

fansince'76
11-11-2008, 12:08 PM
sounds to me like some people just can't deal with opinions that are different than their own.. A forum is meant for discussion from different points of view. Might just wanna stop the childish arguing about who posted what and just post your opinion based on the initial post. Otherwise you get 16 pages of bitchin at other posters about their need to vent after a frustrating situation. That being said.. I am a member.. i post when I feel I need to post.. I don't live on this forum and make friends with everyone I just come to see what is being said about the team i've loved for 30 years of my life. Again with that being said.. Ben is playing like royal dogshit and if he plays like that again he needs to see some bench time. Put aside his past.. The past doesn't mean shit right now. Right now he's playing some of the worst football i've ever seen and he looks like a scared schoolgirl that can't decide if he wants to loose his virginity or not. Sure our line isn't the greatest but there has been so many times Ben could of moved and he just stands there anymore. Shit I would love to see Dennis Dixon play for all I care.. I don't think we have a set solution for who or what we need but I'm tellin you right now.. I'm callin him out.. Benny boogers.. You are stinkin up the field. Ok Ben Lovers.. that should drag this into a couple more pages at least.. have at it.........:S

Let's see - you go on a rant about "childish arguing" and then christen Roethlisberger "Benny Boogers." Ironic. :coffee:

Rick5895
11-11-2008, 12:19 PM
Ben is a Warrior and we can't win the "ship without him , however, he needs to let his shoulder heal, that is why Leftwich is here. This week Leftwich should start with Dixon at backup and Ben the emergency QB.

HometownGal
11-11-2008, 12:34 PM
he needs to rest and get his shoulder better b/c we definately need him down the stretch

Is there an echo in here? :chuckle: I've been saying that for the past two days! :tt02:

Don't know if his injury is more severe than we are being told as fans, but a shoulder injury, especially to a QB, is usually a lingering injury that only heals with proper rest. The coaching staff will most likely evalulate Ben this week to see if he can play this weekend against the Bolts. If there is any doubt whatsoever in their minds, they should sit Ben and start Leftwich imho.

tony hipchest
11-11-2008, 01:27 PM
i think bens shoulder is about as good as its gonna get this season. while it wont worsen, it seems like an injury that would take 4-6 weeks to really heal naturally.

what is really hurting ben the most is being w/o mendenhall and parker. the philosophy going into this season was ben throwing about as much as kerry collins and eli manning are (even if he wants to be jay cutler or drew brees).

SteelMember
11-11-2008, 01:43 PM
I think Ben's problem is the beard...or lack there of.

He needs to grow that thing back out like he did for the SuperBowl run. All that itching is bound to make him forget about the protection and injury problems. :chuckle:

Just saying. I think every thing else has been covered to this point.

TackleMeBen
11-12-2008, 10:07 AM
Is there an echo in here? :chuckle: I've been saying that for the past two days! :tt02:

Don't know if his injury is more severe than we are being told as fans, but a shoulder injury, especially to a QB, is usually a lingering injury that only heals with proper rest. The coaching staff will most likely evalulate Ben this week to see if he can play this weekend against the Bolts. If there is any doubt whatsoever in their minds, they should sit Ben and start Leftwich imho.

sorry, i just got back on here monday..lol so i missed you saying that. but knowing you, you probably were and absolutely right. :hug:

JEFF4i
11-12-2008, 10:49 AM
Confidence. CONFIDENCE CONFIDENCE CONFIDENCE! :)

Just my .02 on Big Ben, but I like him. He knows how to win. He's got a Superbowl ring, and made some great plays in it. Does he throw interceptions? Yep. Always has. Have we seen many QBs who don't? Not really. Neil...till the Superbowl. Anyway, I think Ben is losing his confidence out there, and I don't know how, but he's got to keep it. Yeah, he threw that interception and it cause them only to have a 3 point lead. My attitude was, "So what? Look at our first quarter."

fansince'76
12-02-2008, 07:50 PM

Notice how these two (just by coincidence, I'm sure, and they're definitely not the only ones) haven't been around since, oh, right around the time of the loss to Indy, which is the last time the team lost? Anybody want to make a bet they'll only come back here to start bitching and squawking again after another loss and won't show back up under any other circumstance? :coffee:

So, to any potential newbs that read this - when you stay silent after every win, but come here to bitch, whine, moan, complain, and call for ridiculous trades (Ben for Brady Quinn? Still shaking my head over that one....) and throw everyone associated with the organization under the bus after a loss (fire Tomlin, Arians, the Rooneys, the Rooneys' family dog, etc.), expect to get called out on it.

Paul Pyrch
12-03-2008, 12:45 AM
:toofunny:Ben for Brady Quinn! What a joke. You said it like it is. Amen. Amen. Amen. People need to use their heads and wise up before writing such nonsense.