PDA

View Full Version : Did Ben comeback to early?

clevestinks
12-07-2005, 08:13 PM
Do you think he came back way before he should have? He never seem to have the speed from before, and a little gimp in his step now makes me wonder. I don`t think the staff pressured him. I just think Maddox stinking up the place, Batch going down, the Colts game coming up, and him knowing its his team, made him believe he was ready. Just my two cents, now how about yours?
Also if Batch wouldn`t have gotten hurt, and Charlie played as well as he did against cleve, and we beat the ratbirds. Do you think that maybe Batch would have gotten a look against the Colts? To give Ben one more week!

tony hipchest
12-07-2005, 08:22 PM
no and no. ben really couldve been out the rest of the season after that knee injury in s.d. see my thread on bens thumb.

Suitanim
12-08-2005, 11:29 AM
If we'd have known we'd have lost the last 2 games with or without him, maybe, but nobody is psychic. I do know this: If Tommy had played the last 2 weeks, we'd have lost 72-7 to Indy, and 62-0 against Cincy...

BlitzburghRockCity
12-08-2005, 03:35 PM
The trainers and coaches told him he could have season ending surgery on his hand and sit out the rest of the way if he wanted, but he told them no way Im coming back. he knows we need him if we expect to do anything. He's not the same as a healthy ben as pointed out in ur other thread, but a 50% Ben is better than a 100% maddox.

As far as his knee, yeah he's not the same but I think he felt he was good enough to go.. but yeah if Batch doesnt get hurt, u have to think he wouldnt have rushed near as fast to get back.

Dook
12-08-2005, 04:33 PM
I thought keeping Ben out for those games was the right thing because we needed him to be healthy for the playoffs.

As it looks right now I wonder if maybe we should have played him in that last game against the Ravens. We really need to have one less loss on our record but that's pure hindsight.

Hope is not lost yet but the fat lady is warming up.

fergusonat
12-08-2005, 04:44 PM
In my opinion they should have waited until after the season to do the entire surgery. I mean sure, play it safe...keep him healthy for the playoffs...blah blah blah. The point is, Pittsburgh had momentum before it, and Ben's knee surgery killed it. Tommy sucking up the place drove the team's confidence down and they have yet to bring it back up. What was the point of all of it? Right now it's a stretch if we even get into the playoffs. So Ben's knee will feel good watching the Post-season sitting in a couch at home? Playing it safe doesn't always pay off...

clevestinks
12-08-2005, 05:34 PM
The worst thing is that shitty qb`s beat the ratbirds this season, and Maddox couldnt

BlitzburghRockCity
12-08-2005, 05:53 PM
Maddox has his big chance to vindicate himself against the team that caused him to lose his starting job to injury and of course the rest is history w/ Ben taking over..

clevestinks
12-08-2005, 07:05 PM
Maddox has his big chance to vindicate himself against the team that caused him to lose his starting job to injury and of course the rest is history w/ Ben taking over..
And he ruined your birthday week, well the ending anyway! Or the icing on the cake! LOL

SteelCityMan786
12-08-2005, 07:12 PM
He Didn't Come Back To Early. He Came Back at the Right time even though his stats might beg to differ.