PDA

View Full Version : Is it safe to Come Out?/ Chargers prep week thread

XxKnightxX
11-10-2008, 10:13 AM
After last night, man did it seem like WW3 in these forums. Im just wondering if it is same to come out and be safe or should i just keep my helmet on:helmet:. Well Im through with the loss, hopefully you guys are, another bitter bitter loss but hellthe steelers tend to get angrier from every loss. They want to win and prove that they are the front runners in this division,conference, and possibly league.

So on to the Chargers it is. On a selfish note I will be making my first ever trip to an NFL game and where else to start than with my favorite team the pittsburgh steelers. I will be coming all the way from North Jersey so some Pitt love would be appreciated:thumbsup:. Now the Chargers pose a challenge like any other team. Although not performing to expectations, they still have LT and Gates so the matchups should be awesome. Farrior against LT(who has admitted that Farrior gave him the hardest hit hes ever had) Troy vs Gates, and Taylor against chambers. NOw regarding our offense, I wouldnt be surprised if Ben starts again, but if Byron gets the green light, then we must be very supportive. The Chargers come in with the worst passing defense in the league so BA will be smiling, lets just hope that no massive mistakes are made in this game. Any other thoughts and comments?:tt::tt:

SteelCityMan786
11-10-2008, 10:16 AM
After last night, man did it seem like WW3 in these forums. Im just wondering if it is same to come out and be safe or should i just keep my helmet on:helmet:. Well Im through with the loss, hopefully you guys are, another bitter bitter loss but hellthe steelers tend to get angrier from every loss. They want to win and prove that they are the front runners in this division,conference, and possibly league.

So on to the Chargers it is. On a selfish note I will be making my first ever trip to an NFL game and where else to start than with my favorite team the pittsburgh steelers. I will be coming all the way from North Jersey so some Pitt love would be appreciated:thumbsup:. Now the Chargers pose a challenge like any other team. Although not performing to expectations, they still have LT and Gates so the matchups should be awesome. Farrior against LT(who has admitted that Farrior gave him the hardest hit hes ever had) Troy vs Gates, and Taylor against chambers. NOw regarding our offense, I wouldnt be surprised if Ben starts again, but if Byron gets the green light, then we must be very supportive. The Chargers come in with the worst passing defense in the league so BA will be smiling, lets just hope that no massive mistakes are made in this game. Any other thoughts and comments?:tt::tt:

It's not the first time. I've been around the last 3 years. It's always like this after a loss.

XxKnightxX
11-10-2008, 10:20 AM
Yeah ive been around too, but yesterday was worse than Ive been around after a loss, people were just furious ready to pounce on their keyboards lol. But some good nights sleep helps you out. Put it this way I was at work watching the game, and since I do EMS I got a call and when i brought the patient in, they noticed my steelers hat and man did I get chewed out but I held my breath and just laughed, nothing you can do, just move on and prove yourself next week.

MACH1
11-10-2008, 10:23 AM
It's not the first time. I've been around the last 3 years. It's always like this after a loss.

Yeah...Last night had the most trolls I've seen in a while though. As somebody said it was like Whack a Mole around here.

XxKnightxX
11-10-2008, 10:25 AM
ITS ALRIGHT GUYS, I GOT PLENTY OF THESE
http://pics.bikerag.com/Uploads/data/500/258Troll_spray.jpg

LOL

SteelCityMan786
11-10-2008, 10:33 AM
ITS ALRIGHT GUYS, I GOT PLENTY OF THESE
http://pics.bikerag.com/Uploads/data/500/258Troll_spray.jpg

LOL

It would be nice if Message Boards had troll shields.

Steelman16
11-10-2008, 05:46 PM
We ARE the troll spray. :chuckle:

I'd like to think that if Tyler Thigpen could rip San Diego's secondary for 3 TD's, that one our quarterbacks could do the same.

This might be the breakout game that Ben needs if he plays. (I'm hoping they'll give Ben two weeks of rest though)

beSteelmyheart
11-10-2008, 09:00 PM
The Chargers always seem to me to be a bit over-rated..I just don't get the media love fest for this team year after year. Philip Rivers is a big mouth punk & it would make my day to see him repeatedly sacked & carried off the field on a cart..Oops! Did I say that?:oops:

HometownGal
11-10-2008, 09:14 PM
We should be able to stop their run game, as LT hasn't had all that great of a season thus far, forcing Rivers to pass. He has two pretty decent targets in Vincent Jackson and Antonio Gates, but if the Steelers D continues to pressure him, he WILL make mistakes. The Chargers D is average at best.

I have every confidence the Steelers will win this one by at least 14-17 points IF they don't turn the ball over. :tt02:

SteelCityMan786
11-10-2008, 09:38 PM
We should be able to stop their run game, as LT hasn't had all that great of a season thus far, forcing Rivers to pass. He has two pretty decent targets in Vincent Jackson and Antonio Gates, but if the Steelers D continues to pressure him, he WILL make mistakes. The Chargers D is average at best.

I have every confidence the Steelers will win this one by at least 14-17 points IF they don't turn the ball over. :tt02:

AND the Steelers create turnovers.

RoethlisBURGHer
11-11-2008, 09:09 AM
This is a very winnable game. Their secondary has been garbage all season. Their offense is Rivers passing becaus they really can't run the ball. Also very little pass rush with Merroids on IR.

We should win this game by double digits.

Dizzle43
11-11-2008, 09:26 AM
I agree with everyone. I think that this is a must win game for us. The Chargers are not playing well at this point in the season. They will be playing their second game under a new defensive coordinator. I expect them to play a little better than they did against KC, but still shouldn't be enough to stop our offense. We should definately win by 10+ points. It should be a fun game to watch. I can't wait!!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!!!!! :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

Steelers-Shaun
11-11-2008, 09:38 AM
I dont think it matters even if they give ben two weeks off he will not be 100% for the remainder of the year. If they don't switch to more 2 and 3 step drops with the way our o-line is performing ben will be dead before the post season. Good luck getting bruce to change it!

eafratitpm3
11-11-2008, 03:33 PM
It doesn't matter who we play, turnovers kill a team and in our losses we seem to turn the ball over at crucial times in games. I may be biased but I think this Steeler team can beat any team in the NFL talent -wise if they do not turn the ball over.

Makaveli
11-11-2008, 03:47 PM
I find it interesting how so many are taking the Chargers so lightly ? Did Phil not carve up our secondary when last we played ? Were not the Colts supposed to be in their "death throes" in terms of their season's success ?

Dino 6 Rings
11-11-2008, 04:52 PM
Fine..I'll play along. After last week calling the game for the Colts a must win for the Colts and an obvious tough game that we needed to play mistake free in because it meant the Colts entire season...I'll second the motion. Only now, if we do slip in this game as well, we give leverage to the Freaking Ravens. I do not WANT the Ravens to sniff my North Title.

So. I ordain. This week is a Must win for the Steelers. YES. At Home, to the Chargers, we CAN NOT Lose this game. No way.

Now. How to do it.

San Diego is 26th in total defense. its obvious that they are not the same Chargers team. However, Do Not Throw The ball anywhere NEAR Antonio Cromartie. The last thing we need is a Pick 6. We can control this game, as long as we don't give them a single opportunity to have hope.

They are 13th against the rush, so it'll be tough sledding, but its doable.

They are 32nd against the Pass. So that's where we can win the game.

As long as we play sound fundemental mistake free football. We can win this game.

Btw...I see no need to even mention our Defense vs their Offense. We have lost 3 games because our Offense was unable to perform.

tresh123
11-11-2008, 05:01 PM
I AGREE!!!! MISTAKE FREE AND WE WIN EASILY. WE WOULD HAVE BEAT THE COLTS BY 20 IF BEN WASN'T FORCING THE BALL. I AM COMING ALL THE WAY FROM IDAHO FOR THIS BABY!!! I NEED A W!!!!

XxKnightxX
11-11-2008, 06:34 PM
I AGREE!!!! MISTAKE FREE AND WE WIN EASILY. WE WOULD HAVE BEAT THE COLTS BY 20 IF BEN WASN'T FORCING THE BALL. I AM COMING ALL THE WAY FROM IDAHO FOR THIS BABY!!! I NEED A W!!!!

wow all the way from idaho? nice im coming in from North Jersey but yeah I heard the weather for the game could be a possible snow shower and hella cold, good ol pittsburgh weather haha, Just hope my flight gets doesnt get delayed.

steelpride12
11-11-2008, 06:52 PM
Protect Ben and no turnovers is key against the chargers.
Ben surely will play again and he needs to come out and play smart, and no INT's.
LT has not been a factor all season long and we can easily make them one dimensional, but remember Rivers can click at any moment with Chambers, Gates and Jackson being lethal receivers.

Dino 6 Rings
11-12-2008, 11:33 AM
Rivers is going to have his head smashed in by our linebackers and LT isn't going to sniff 80 yards rushing.

Its our offense that must perform like the great offense it is capable of being. I'm not asking for 50 points, but 30 would be nice.

We have the talent, and our o-line isn't the swiss cheese people think it is. We have played some very tough defenses over the weeks, however, the colts game was an embarressment. That game should never have been as close as it was, let alone a loss. Our Offense needs to step up and do its job. Which is to get points.

Bottom line, Get us points and the D will win us the game. Do not turn the ball over and set up the other team inside our 40 over and over again.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-12-2008, 12:47 PM
Chargers still have a solid D line, Solid O-line, LT, Sproles, Cromartie......but the wild card is Rivers. If he is completing passes, then its gonna be a long day.

Will be a tough one, but the O-line needs to sack up, play physical and give Ben/Bryon, Willie and MeMo a chance to succeed.

CanadianSteel
11-12-2008, 03:42 PM
Was hoping Steelers win at least 2 out of 3 on this homestand and now with blowing the Colts game this game now becomes a must.
Need to get some swagger back in the Offense then get healthly and make a push come play-off time. Wont be an easy game as SD will be desparate....

Galax Steeler
11-13-2008, 04:19 AM
We need to get pressure on rivers and stop Tomlinson if we can do that then we should win the game but if we play like last week then it is going to be a long game.

\m/xtrememarine\m/
11-13-2008, 06:41 AM
This should be a great game for the Steelers to rebound. The defense is playing of the hook, and with the Chargers weak D, Ben should have a field day, providing Santonio Holmes catches the ball.:tt::drink:

Dino 6 Rings
11-13-2008, 11:13 AM
This should be a great game for the Steelers to rebound. The defense is playing of the hook, and with the Chargers weak D, Ben should have a field day, providing Santonio Holmes catches the ball.:tt::drink:

Its a Must Win game for both teams, loser is in trouble for WC spots.

So we have to slam the ball down their throats and avoid throwing it at Cromardie.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-13-2008, 12:16 PM
Gonna be tough to run on Williams, Olshansky, Castillo. Gotta hope Parker has a big game running off tackle. Going to really miss Heath Miller's blocking.

chargerswin619
11-13-2008, 04:39 PM
I wouldn't be so confident steeler fans. It's not like this cast of characters hasn't beaten the steelers before. Or didn't SOUNDLY beat the top 2 teams in the East. The Chargers played their first game under new DC Ron Rivera and did very well in the second half of the game. The chargers are always towards the top of the league in offense and we all know the defense is more than capable of playing as good as the steelers. Don't be so surprised if the Chargers win this game. Remember they lost several very close games in the last second. Your still facing a team with a winning attitude.

chargerswin619
11-13-2008, 04:51 PM
Rivers has been the highest rated passer most of the season. And LT and Gates are back to 100 pct. This fact makes the chargers a much better team. They were healthy against the chiefs too and both made big plays but I think this is the week they start looking like their old selves again.

tony hipchest
11-13-2008, 04:58 PM
the cheifs had 7 defensive starters leave the game and left a weak defense even weaker.

this aint the cheifs.

fansince'76
11-13-2008, 04:59 PM
Rivers has been the highest rated passer most of the season. And LT and Gates are back to 100 pct. This fact makes the chargers a much better team. They were healthy against the chiefs too and both made big plays but I think this is the week they start looking like their old selves again.

Don't think I'd be crowing too loudly about eeking out a 1-point win against a 1-8 team in your own back yard. :coffee:

chargerswin619
11-13-2008, 05:01 PM
Who cares if this is aint the chiefs this team has beaten the colts pats jets and can play with any team in the league. It's just a matter of how well we play this week. The chargers have shown to play up or down to competition i expect nothing different this week.

Dino 6 Rings
11-13-2008, 05:03 PM

Here's to hoping we sack Rivers 8 times and leave him so shellshocked he quits the sport all together and goes and becomes a professional sand artist on the beaches of california. he can make pretty little sand mermaids while we are busy fighting for our 7th Superbowl appearance.

Good luck blocking the Sack Machine that is our Linebacking Unit and good luck sniffing anywhere near 80 yards rushing against the TOP defense in Football.

I hope we hang 50 on you guys and beat you so bad they move you to L.A.

Dino 6 Rings
11-13-2008, 05:03 PM
Who cares if this is aint the chiefs this team has beaten the colts pats jets and can play with any team in the league. It's just a matter of how well we play this week. The chargers have shown to play up or down to competition i expect nothing different this week.

Well you better bring your freaking A game into the Burgh cause we are going to be playing some Pssed Off Football and are out for blood!

Dino 6 Rings
11-13-2008, 05:04 PM
I'm already putting money into the Fine Bucket for when we hit your QB to hard that he hobbles crying to the Commish.

The Duke
11-13-2008, 05:05 PM
Here's to hoping we sack Rivers 8 times and leave him so shellshocked he quits the sport all together and goes and becomes a professional sand artist on the beaches of california. he can make pretty little sand mermaids while we are busy fighting for our 7th Superbowl appearance.

Good luck blocking the Sack Machine that is our Linebacking Unit and good luck sniffing anywhere near 80 yards rushing against the TOP defense in Football.

Like Dino said, good luck :thumbsup:

fansince'76
11-13-2008, 05:06 PM
this team....can play with any team in the league.

So can we. :coffee:

chargerswin619
11-13-2008, 05:07 PM

umm err ok... wow tone it down a little guy the game is sunday not today. 8 sacks? Not going to happen. This is not the super bowl. Fact is the Chargers are going to put up a fight and this will be a close game. The Chargers are getting healthier the steelers are more banged up. I would not be so confident on a victory this weekend. Take off the blinders homer.:banging:

fansince'76
11-13-2008, 05:09 PM
umm err ok... wow tone it down a little guy the game is sunday not today. 8 sacks? Not going to happen. This is not the super bowl. Fact is the Chargers are going to put up a fight and this will be a close game. The Chargers are getting healthier the steelers are more banged up. I would not be so confident on a victory this weekend. Take off the blinders homer.:banging:

Ummm, he's not the one thumping his chest on an opposing team's board about how great his team with a 4-5 record is. You'd be well advised to take the blinders off as well. :coffee:

Dino 6 Rings
11-13-2008, 05:09 PM

Oh no, you missed the Memo, In DINO's World every single Day is Game Day!

Get Healthy...I want the best you got. Bring it. I'm all for smashing in your skulls while you're at your best.

chargerswin619
11-13-2008, 05:42 PM
Oh no, you missed the Memo, In DINO's World every single Day is Game Day!

Get Healthy...I want the best you got. Bring it. I'm all for smashing in your skulls while you're at your best.

You may get what you asked for. I could see the chargers coming out firing getting first down after first down and scoring early and often. What I don't see on your end is the offense to keep up. The Chargers will obviously need to play better than they have for most of the year but whose to say they won't?

tony hipchest
11-13-2008, 05:45 PM
james harrison and lamaar woodley

chargerswin619
11-13-2008, 05:48 PM
james harrison and lamaar woodley

Ladanian Tomlinson Antonio Gates.... I Win. Phillip Rivers> Big Ben.

fansince'76
11-13-2008, 05:50 PM

Have fun getting dropped to 4-6. :coffee:

Edman
11-13-2008, 06:42 PM
The Steelers win this game if they don't throw it away like last week. The Chargers "can play with everyone else in the league", but they're only 4-5 and only have a shot because their division is mediocre. They're so awesome they beat the 1-8 Chiefs with half a defense by one point in their own house.

The only shot the Chargeless have in this game is if the Steelers continually shoot themselves in the foot. That's the main part that worries me about this Steelers team. They've done plenty of that.

It'll be hilarious when your "championship caliber" team's record reads 4-6 next Sunday.

Dino 6 Rings
11-13-2008, 07:04 PM

HA HA HA HA HA!

When Phillip Rivers starts throwing picks this weekend then tell me how much better he his than Ben. Rivers isn't even better than the guy he replaced, miss Drew yet or are you still in denial?

chargerswin619
11-13-2008, 07:13 PM
HA HA HA HA HA!

When Phillip Rivers starts throwing picks this weekend then tell me how much better he his than Ben. Rivers isn't even better than the guy he replaced, miss Drew yet or are you still in denial?

Well Considering who has the higher passer rating and more td passes 21 to 17 and less ints 8 to 10 I would rather have Rivers. If the Chargers won this game how much would it really suprise you. You can always say well... it was the chargers. Gates, LT, Rivers, Chambers, Cromartie, Sproles, Williams. Alot of players on the other side I'm just saying.

steelpride12
11-13-2008, 07:15 PM
Well Considering who has the higher passer rating and more td passes 21 to 17 and less ints 8 to 10 I would rather have Rivers. If the Chargers won this game how much would it really suprise you. You can always say well... it was the chargers. Gates, LT, Rivers, Chambers, Cromartie, Sproles, Williams. Alot of players on the other side I'm just saying.

Ok so he has the higher passer rating, but that shows how much that matters when you have 4 wins compared to Ben having only a 76% rating and having six wins. Hmm
Big Ben>Rivers.

tony hipchest
11-13-2008, 07:20 PM
hmmmm. theres 2 qb's of 2 teams who have never won a SB.

tell me... when was the last time the chargers won in pgh?

oh yeah, it was way back in nineteen ninety NEVER! :laughing:

steelers own LT. hes lucky if he fares as well as clinton portis (the former league leading rusher).

rivers will take alot of hits if he wants to play toss with gates all day. a good dose of timmons on gates should open up plenty of sack and int opportunities.

chargerswin619
11-13-2008, 07:22 PM
Ok so he has the higher passer rating, but that shows how much that matters when you have 4 wins compared to Ben having only a 76% rating and having six wins. Hmm
Big Ben>Rivers.

What can i say we lost some games in dramatic fashion. Doesn't mean a really good football team with its season on the line isn't coming to your stadium this sunday. If ya think this is a walk in the park 2 score win then your just not being realistic.

chargerswin619
11-13-2008, 07:23 PM
hmmmm. theres 2 qb's of 2 teams who have never won a SB.

tell me... when was the last time the chargers won in pgh?

oh yeah, it was way back in nineteen ninety NEVER! :laughing:

steelers own LT. hes lucky if he fares as well as clinton portis (the former league leading rusher).

rivers will take alot of hits if he wants to play toss with gates all day. a good dose of timmons on gates should open up plenty of sack and int opportunities.

Didn't we beat pitt for the AFC championship in 94 in pittsburgh... just saying.... Stan Humphries> Neil O'Donnell. Phillip Rivers> Big Ben...see a trend?

msafford
11-13-2008, 07:27 PM
Didn't we beat pitt for the AFC championship in 94 in pittsburgh... just saying.... Stan Humphries> Neil O'Donnell. Phillip Rivers> Big Ben...see a trend?

I smell a :troll:

tony hipchest
11-13-2008, 07:54 PM
Didn't we beat pitt for the AFC championship in 94 in pittsburgh... just saying.... Stan Humphries> Neil O'Donnell. Phillip Rivers> Big Ben...see a trend?you got me. i was posting a regular season stat. i didnt figure you would remember back to '94.

the only trend ive seen from the chargers is completely flopping in the playoffs (and especially their 1 SB appearance).

youre team had their chance with LT in his prime. the sun is setting, hopes and dreams are fading. the chargers come with as much fluff as the cowboys.

steelerfans arent skeered.

o'donnell>humpfries. ben> rivers.

6-3 > 4-5

:laughing:

fansince'76
11-13-2008, 08:13 PM
I smell a :troll:

Yep, it's getting to be about time to take out the trash around here again.

steelpride12
11-13-2008, 08:16 PM
What can i say we lost some games in dramatic fashion. Doesn't mean a really good football team with its season on the line isn't coming to your stadium this sunday. If ya think this is a walk in the park 2 score win then your just not being realistic.

Yes your desperate, and you have playmakers but i don't see you walking all over the #1 defense in the league and your defense has been anything, but great letting Tyler Thigpen almost win that game last week. Give me a break you should have shut them out!

Edman
11-13-2008, 08:51 PM

And didn't we destroy you the following year?

Hope you enjoy watching the San Diego Super Chokers piss away another season. Starting Sunday. You are the Dallas Cowboys of the AFC, all the talent in the world but nothing to show for it except a bunch of media fluff.

chargerswin619
11-13-2008, 11:27 PM
And didn't we destroy you the following year?

Hope you enjoy watching the San Diego Super Chokers piss away another season. Starting Sunday. You are the Dallas Cowboys of the AFC, all the talent in the world but nothing to show for it except a bunch of media fluff.

Please noone wants to face the chargers in the playoffs. Especially not with LT and Gates being healthy again. See its not that LT was having a down year or lost a step. He was hurt flat out. Played through it and looks to be back to the old LT. Gates was banged up too but is also back to his old self snatchin up 3rd down conversions scoring tds.

Preacher
11-13-2008, 11:30 PM

I am having trouble seeing much of anything with 5 lombardi's obstructing the view.

chargerswin619
11-13-2008, 11:51 PM
I am having trouble seeing much of anything with 5 lombardi's obstructing the view.

Sorry but while you have a good defense its not unbeatable. We do have possibly the most fully equipped offense you face this season with Rivers playing at a high level and our key players finally healthy. The Chargers can score 30 on ANYONE. Including the steelers with a hurt big ben and willie parker limping.

tony hipchest
11-13-2008, 11:51 PM
Please noone wants to face the chargers in the playoffs. after the steelers kick their ass up and down the field, i guess "noone" will have to worry too much about that, now will they?

although i shouldnt speak so quick... 7-9, 8-8, 9-7 could easilly win the afc west this year.

chargerswin619
11-13-2008, 11:53 PM
after the steelers kick their ass up and down the field, i guess "noone" will have to worry too much about that, now will they?

although i shouldnt speak so quick... 7-9, 8-8, 9-7 could easilly win the afc west this year.

surely a down year in the west the chargers in the end we'll be there at what level we're playing at remains to be seen.

MACH1
11-14-2008, 12:16 AM
Please noone wants to face the chargers in the playoffs. Especially not with LT and Gates being healthy again. See its not that LT was having a down year or lost a step. He was hurt flat out. Played through it and looks to be back to the old LT. Gates was banged up too but is also back to his old self snatchin up 3rd down conversions scoring tds.

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w11/bcrab/800px-Pittsburgh_Steelers_five_ring.jpg?t=1226643129

>

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/emjbulls/empty-case.jpg

Dino 6 Rings
11-14-2008, 08:26 AM

Oh I wouldn't mind at all actually. It would be the 2nd time this year we get to knock the snot out of your team. How much fun it would be to do it TWICE.

stlrtruck
11-14-2008, 10:28 AM
Sorry but while you have a good defense its not unbeatable. We do have possibly the most fully equipped offense you face this season with Rivers playing at a high level and our key players finally healthy. The Chargers can score 30 on ANYONE. Including the steelers with a hurt big ben and willie parker limping.

We've already faced the #1 rushing offense in the giants and shut them down.
Then because of our defense dominance over the giants we put the Redskins at the #1 rushing offense and then did what to them? Oh that's right - shut them down.

The one player that usually hurt us is now in Atlanta and LT will want to be on the sidelines by halftime.

chargerswin619
11-15-2008, 03:42 PM
We've already faced the #1 rushing offense in the giants and shut them down.
Then because of our defense dominance over the giants we put the Redskins at the #1 rushing offense and then did what to them? Oh that's right - shut them down.

The one player that usually hurt us is now in Atlanta and LT will want to be on the sidelines by halftime.

Great but football is all about matchups. Fact is your secondary isn't 100 pct and we have huge height advantages all over the field. Vincent Jackson 6'5 Antonio Gates 6'4 Malcolm Floyd 6'5 and then there's Chris Chambers and Darren Sproles to get the ball as well as a guy named Ladanian Tomlinson. The Chargers are going to score more than you think this week. The real question will be how will the steelers play in this cold weather on offense against a team that can score points.

fansince'76
11-15-2008, 04:07 PM
Great but football is all about matchups. Fact is your secondary isn't 100 pct and we have huge height advantages all over the field. Vincent Jackson 6'5 Antonio Gates 6'4 Malcolm Floyd 6'5 and then there's Chris Chambers and Darren Sproles to get the ball as well as a guy named Ladanian Tomlinson. The Chargers are going to score more than you think this week. The real question will be how will the steelers play in this cold weather on offense against a team that can score points.

You scored all of 20 points against a 1-8 team with only half their defense in perfect weather at home. Hate to break it to you, but you're not going to light up the scoreboard this week. Rivers won't get time.

T.Richardson
11-15-2008, 04:10 PM

That may be true, but the Steelers gameplan, Rush the QB, Rivers will be facing a top 5 rush defense. Chargers might score alot, maybe not, but the rush will cause Rivers to make some mistakes.

chargerswin619
11-15-2008, 04:11 PM
You scored all of 20 points against a 1-8 team with only half their defense in perfect weather at home. Hate to break it to you, but you're not going to light up the scoreboard this week. Rivers won't get time.

Remains to be seen. Heck we've scored over 70 points on the top 2 teams in the afc east. It just depends on how well we execute and who plays better. Either way I don't see the Steelers winning by more than a score not with that offense. It will be a close hard fought game with both sides hitting hard.

T.Richardson
11-15-2008, 04:12 PM

Only reason the Chargers won was becuase Herm Edwards plays to win the game!

chargerswin619
11-15-2008, 04:14 PM
Only reason the Chargers won was becuase Herm Edwards plays to win the game!

Actually the refs made a horrible call to even put the chiefs in position to win the game. Anyways I'm just glad its a 1:15 start San diego time now it will feel like we are playing at regular time.

T.Richardson
11-15-2008, 04:20 PM
Actually the refs made a horrible call to even put the chiefs in position to win the game. Anyways I'm just glad its a 1:15 start San diego time now it will feel like we are playing at regular time.

I didnt watch the game, but still almost losing to a 1-8 team?

chargerswin619
11-15-2008, 04:23 PM
I didnt watch the game, but still almost losing to a 1-8 team?

Yea certainly not our best ball. But give credit where its due. Tyler Thigpen really has played well this year. Sure he's no household name but he can make some plays. Plus we admitted to overlooking the chiefs and looking ahead to the steelers so hopefully it was worth looking ahead for.

Dino 6 Rings
11-16-2008, 06:33 PM
Remains to be seen. Heck we've scored over 70 points on the top 2 teams in the afc east. It just depends on how well we execute and who plays better. Either way I don't see the Steelers winning by more than a score not with that offense. It will be a close hard fought game with both sides hitting hard.

410 yards for the Steelers

216 yards for the Chargers.

124 yards rushing for the Steelers
66 yards rushing for the Chargers.

Game Over.

fansince'76
11-16-2008, 06:34 PM
410 yards for the Steelers

216 yards for the Chargers.

124 yards rushing for the Steelers
66 yards rushing for the Chargers.

Game Over.

Wasting your keystrokes - he won't be back.

Preacher
11-16-2008, 06:35 PM

:chuckle:

Of course not..

What ever happened to Boltsfan? He seemed to be a good guy?

Dino 6 Rings
11-16-2008, 06:37 PM

I don't mind typing it out, later, I can quote myself if the tool comes back to talk smack. I counted 2 fines for our guys, one on a sack, where our guy threw Rivers hard to the ground...Keisel I think, then the helmet to helmet knocked off contact should draw another fine.

Edman
11-16-2008, 06:40 PM
Calling all Chargeless fans. The refs did everything they could to screw up this game for Pittsburgh and they still won.

Punkass Rivers, LT, and Gates shut down.

fansince'76
01-03-2009, 10:54 PM

Wonder if this nimrod will be back should the Ravens win tomorrow? :coffee:

Rhee Rhee
01-04-2009, 04:15 AM
most important matchup is timmons v.s sproles... hands down. this is basically why he's been used this year to stop guys like sproles and if he can have a solid game, keeping sproles in front of him and not getting any yards after the catch we will win handidly...

Rick5895
01-04-2009, 07:31 AM
We are not playing the chargers yet, I think the Dolphins beat the Ratbirds, therefore we will play the Dolphins

redst3
01-04-2009, 07:34 AM
We are not playing the chargers yet, I think the Dolphins beat the Ratbirds, therefore we will play the Dolphins

Why do you think the Dolphins will win? :noidea:

SteelersinCA
01-04-2009, 12:31 PM
Timmons will dominate Sproles, the thing we learned last night; Sproles will get his breaks, but he isn't anywhere near an every down back.

welder4pit
01-04-2009, 12:41 PM
would like us 2to play fins. they suck. then probably play smurfs in rematch

SteelersinCA
01-04-2009, 12:45 PM
I don't really care who we beat, just a formality on our way to 6!!!

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-04-2009, 02:52 PM
OK, pretty much time to get ready for the chargers. They have a great defensive front 3, athletic linebackers and a good secondary anchored by Crowmartie. Need to control the Line of Scrimmage and shut down the run. Rivers can win a game himself, but can also implode.

Nothing new here. Stop the run, run the football and win the turnover battle.

GodofGridiron
01-04-2009, 02:57 PM
Antonio Gates is Rivers target in the clutch. He likes to take his chances with Jackson over the top. Swing passes or draws to Sproles who only needs a seam and this team can be deadly with that trio of options.

We'll have our work cut out for us.........

SteelersinCA
01-04-2009, 02:59 PM
OK, pretty much time to get ready for the chargers. They have a great defensive front 3, athletic linebackers and a good secondary anchored by Crowmartie. Need to control the Line of Scrimmage and shut down the run. Rivers can win a game himself, but can also implode.

Nothing new here. Stop the run, run the football and win the turnover battle.

I'm not trying to argue, but anchored by Cromartie? He sucks this year, too much Deion in his head. Throw at that guy ALL DAY.:hatsoff:

Fire Haley
01-04-2009, 03:58 PM
This could actually work to our advantage - let the Titties and Ratbirds beat each other to a bloody pulp while the Steelers take care of business against the Bolts.

These playoff games are proving the point so far of how to win...

Run the ball, stop the run, no turnovers.

LT is crippled and Sproles won't want to come across the middle against our defense - they will flatten him like a cheap tin can.

TD_Sandy_Eggo
01-04-2009, 06:55 PM
Ahhh...but we have someone who has been dormant for years, but signed for insurance purposes. You will also have to find a way to stop Michael Bennet. He only carried the ball four times for us, but three of them were runs for crucial first downs. At 5-9, 207 lbs., he should be effective enough to make your line blink every now and then.

It should also be noted that Rivers had only made two handoffs to him in practice prior to the Indy game. With a week's preparation and full expectation of an absent LT, Bennet should fit into our schemes enough to play a bit of havoc.

SteelersinCA
01-04-2009, 08:16 PM
Ahhh...but we have someone who has been dormant for years, but signed for insurance purposes. You will also have to find a way to stop Michael Bennet. He only carried the ball four times for us, but three of them were runs for crucial first downs. At 5-9, 207 lbs., he should be effective enough to make your line blink every now and then.

It should also be noted that Rivers had only made two handoffs to him in practice prior to the Indy game. With a week's preparation and full expectation of an absent LT, Bennet should fit into our schemes enough to play a bit of havoc.

Cause he brought havoc upon all the other teams he's faced prior to joining the Dolts right? Right?:thumbsup:

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-04-2009, 08:29 PM
I'm not trying to argue, but anchored by Cromartie? He sucks this year, too much Deion in his head. Throw at that guy ALL DAY.:hatsoff:

He hasnt sucked this year, most teams are throwing at Jammer on the other side. Crowmartie is a solid CB and much like Ike Taylor in size speed but a better athlete. Watched him a lot this season and he is in the WR's pocket all the time.

Sandy Eggo, I appreciate civil fans of other teams coming in to talk the week before, but you lose all credibility when saying Bennett is the impact guy. He was a bust in Minnesota and has now been with 3 teams in the last 4 seasons. I wouldnt rely on him to run to the 7-11 for some milk, let alone do anything against the Steelers.

SteelersinCA
01-04-2009, 08:32 PM
He hasnt sucked this year, most teams are throwing at Jammer on the other side. Crowmartie is a solid CB and much like Ike Taylor in size speed but a better athlete. Watched him a lot this season and he is in the WR's pocket all the time.

Sandy Eggo, I appreciate civil fans of other teams coming in to talk the week before, but you lose all credibility when saying Bennett is the impact guy. He was a bust in Minnesota and has now been with 3 teams in the last 4 seasons. I wouldnt rely on him to run to the 7-11 for some milk, let alone do anything against the Steelers.

Maybe we're watching a different Cromartie, the guy I say is way off in coverage, gets penalties and can't make a tackle to save his life. He's way off this season in my opinion.

TD_Sandy_Eggo
01-04-2009, 09:12 PM

I didn't say hie was gong to be the "impact guy," but rather as someone who can give Rivers more options than having just Sproles or Hester. LT had not been as productive as he has been for a few years. And the fact that Bennet had been dropped is a testament to his transformation to journeyman.

Frankly, his runs against the Colts were very well done. He's probably not capable of going to the house in the open field, but we have to have SOME credibility in the box to be able to open up Rivers against your DL.

Just because he was with teams and dropped doesn't mean that he is not effective for what needs to be done now. Frankly, with our OL he probably will increase his production over that of his past three teams, but the important function for Bennet is to provide a credible threat to allow Rivers to operate in the air, especially if the weather will be cold.