PDA

View Full Version : Happy Veteran's Day

SteelCityMan786
11-10-2008, 10:23 AM
Tomorrow we remember the lives that were lost, and we thank those who served or are serving now on this veteran's day.

Remember why those of you who have tomorrow off(or today off in my case) It's because of the brave men and women who passed on.

To our servicemen and women. Thank You. You're service is, has been, and always will be GREATLY appreciated.

SteelersMongol
11-10-2008, 08:18 PM
Your service is appreciated everywhere. I'm sure there a whole bunch of people who feel the same even in France & Germany.

GBMelBlount
11-10-2008, 08:47 PM
I just want to say a big "thank you" to the many great people here on Steelersfever that have served:

Troysbaddawg, Warden86, LambertsLostTooth, Hammer of the gods, Steelwall, SCStiller, xfl2001, Stlrtruck, Dino5rings, BigBenFastWillie, Hines0wnz, steveironcity, xtrememarine, devilsdancefloor

and anyone else I missed!!!!!!

God bless you all and thank you for your service! :salute: :usa: :hug:

NJarhead
11-10-2008, 08:50 PM
I just want to say a big "thank you" to the many great people here on Steelersfever that have served: Troysbaddawg, Warden86, LambertsLostTooth, Hammer of the gods, Steelwall, SCStiller, xfl2001, Stlrtruck, Dino5rings, BigBenFastWillie, Hines0wnz, steveironcity, xtrememarine and anyone else I missed!!!!!!

:drink: Cheers Buddy

xfl2001fan
11-10-2008, 09:19 PM
I just want to say a big "thank you" to the many great people here on Steelersfever that have served:

Troysbaddawg, Warden86, LambertsLostTooth, Hammer of the gods, Steelwall, SCStiller, xfl2001, Stlrtruck, Dino5rings, BigBenFastWillie, Hines0wnz, steveironcity, xtrememarine, devilsdancefloor

and anyone else I missed!!!!!!

:salute: :usa: :hug: :drink:

It truly is an honor to serve this great nation.

SteelCityMan786
11-10-2008, 09:22 PM
:salute: :usa: :hug: :drink:

It truly is an honor to serve this great nation.

We may not like the same Football team but we all live under the same flag as a nation.

Preacher
11-10-2008, 11:26 PM
Regardless of party,

Regardless of the team you support,

If you serve the country I hold as dear, You have my UTTER respect and appreciation.

thank you.

XxKnightxX
11-10-2008, 11:31 PM
congrats to all, thank you so much, and have a great day meant for you guys.

devilsdancefloor
11-10-2008, 11:39 PM
:drink::drink::drink::tt03::tt03: thank you and thank you all who served and who is still serving.

GBMelBlount
11-11-2008, 10:53 AM
bump.

XxKnightxX
11-11-2008, 10:57 AM
rocky bleier as well , one of the great running backs the steelers have ever had, a veteran as well

SteelCityMan786
11-11-2008, 11:06 AM
rocky bleier as well , one of the great running backs the steelers have ever had, a veteran as well

I had to read a biography on him during a veteran's day special I was a part of at my school in 9th grade.

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-11-2008, 11:24 AM
My son and I plan on watching several episodes of "Band of Brothers" tonight....

....Happy Vets day to all my Brothers in Arms...To my relatives and friends who paid the ultimate price...I love you guys and miss you.

Dino 6 Rings
11-11-2008, 11:27 AM
WOOHOO!

I should get today off.

12 Kilo in the HOUSE! sometimes, I really do miss my Tank.

GO ARMY BEAT NAVY!!!

T.Richardson
11-11-2008, 11:38 AM
Happy Veterans Day, Thankfull to all who serve!

Go Navy!

tony hipchest
11-11-2008, 11:45 AM
:cheers: heres to all the noble SF members who have served so proudly!

while our economy may be the backbone of america, our military is her heart, soul, and muscle.

thanks guys.

SteelCityMan786
11-11-2008, 01:49 PM
:cheers: heres to all the noble SF members who have served so proudly!

while our economy may be the backbone of america, our military is her heart, soul, and muscle.

thanks guys.

Amen to that bro. :drink:

HometownGal
11-11-2008, 01:52 PM
Thank you to all who have so unselfishly served America and those who are currently serving in our military. You all are the reason our beloved country remains safe and why we enjoy the many freedoms and privileges we do! :usa::salute:

May God continue to bless you all!

http://www.123glitter.com/comments-graphics/file/12507.gif

SteelMember
11-11-2008, 02:33 PM
Thanks to all of those for their service and the sacrifices they have made for this great country. :hatsoff:

We want you on that wall...We need you on that wall!

Dino 6 Rings
11-11-2008, 05:07 PM
Just about a year ago my Great Uncle Died. He was in the Navy in WWII and used to tell me the story of shooting Nazis on a sub that were re-fueling on a "milk cow" supply vessel in the Atlantic.

This is the first year on Nov 11th when I don't get to call him and talk and wish him a Happy Veteran's day and thank him for his service.

God Bless you Uncle Buddy, and God Bless our Troops.

And hey, Uncle Buddy...GO ARMY BEAT NAVY!

Dynasty
11-11-2008, 05:23 PM
god bless our veterans and current soldiers thank you for serving our country so admirably

Dynasty
11-11-2008, 05:36 PM
god bless our veterans and current soldiers thank you for serving our country so admirably

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-12-2008, 08:25 AM
Just about a year ago my Great Uncle Died. He was in the Navy in WWII and used to tell me the story of shooting Nazis on a sub that were re-fueling on a "milk cow" supply vessel in the Atlantic.

This is the first year on Nov 11th when I don't get to call him and talk and wish him a Happy Veteran's day and thank him for his service.

God Bless you Uncle Buddy, and God Bless our Troops.

And hey, Uncle Buddy...GO ARMY BEAT NAVY!

Sorry about your loss Dino....

I have an uncle that I talk to every Veterans day....he lied about his age to get into the Korean War...served all through the Vietnam War...and retired with 25 years under his belt.

When he came home from Vietnam he went out to eat with his family...some liberal waiter sarcastically asked him if he wore his uniform with pride.

My Uncle's response?

he shrugged his shoulders and said "Some people serve their country with pride...Some people serve hamburgers with cheese...."

Then My uncle stood up to his full 6'3 height and finished..."and some people who have served their country are about to serve a knuckle sandwich to some who serve hamburgers."

xfl2001fan
11-12-2008, 06:17 PM
LLT HAHAHAHAHAHA That is an awesome story!!!!

steelwall
11-12-2008, 07:00 PM
Thank you for the thread. I've said it before. To a vet, many civilians have no idea what a simple thank you can mean to someone who has served. This is a great forum, a patriotic forum.

And allthough at times we clash on political issues, I think 99% of the people here respect the fact that many men and women have died, so we can do just that.

NJarhead
11-12-2008, 07:00 PM

I have an uncle that I talk to every Veterans day....he lied about his age to get into the Korean War...served all through the Vietnam War...and retired with 25 years under his belt.

When he came home from Vietnam he went out to eat with his family...some liberal waiter sarcastically asked him if he wore his uniform with pride.

My Uncle's response?

he shrugged his shoulders and said "Some people serve their country with pride...Some people serve hamburgers with cheese...."

Then My uncle stood up to his full 6'3 height and finished..."and some people who have served their country are about to serve a knuckle sandwich to some who serve hamburgers."

:applaudit::hatsoff::thumbsup::drink:

That's outstanding. Do you mind if I pass this along?

steelwall
11-12-2008, 07:01 PM

My Uncle's response?

And yes LLT I would have paid good money to see the look on that stooges face when your uncle stood up....