PDA

View Full Version : ben to have surgery on thumb!!!!!.......

tony hipchest
12-07-2005, 07:26 PM
made you look!:grin: but really:

.......after the season as reported by dan patrick on sportscenter. he is one tough s.o.b.

personally id rather have ben with 1 arm and an artificial leg over maddox or el (no disrespect to el)

RoethlisBURGHer
12-07-2005, 07:43 PM
I agree...though I'd rather have El than Maddox

tony hipchest
12-07-2005, 07:49 PM
I agree...though I'd rather have El than Maddox

HA! me too. with batch back in the mix it adds a new dimension but im not sure batch wouldve done any better than BR last weekend.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
12-07-2005, 10:23 PM
im glad that was just a joke.
But after the season i think its best that he has the surgery...I dont want his thumb to ba a reaccuing injury every year.....

BlitzburghRockCity
12-07-2005, 10:57 PM
Im reallly realllly reaallllllllllllllly tempted to give u negative rep for that :rofl: Geez, we dont have alot of hope left stop messing w/ our minds!!

Ben is as tough as they come and makes me proud to call him a Steeler!!

tony hipchest
12-07-2005, 11:25 PM
what??? i was just relaying legitimate news! ;) actually d. dierdorf broke out with the nuggett that bens thumb WAS broken before last sundays game. i think i mentionned it in the game thread. it looks like the news became official today. kudos to ben. all the haters will say he is selfish and hurting the team. those with half a brain know the team is hurt when he is not playing. he wants a sb win as bad as the veterans and all the players will respond to that. after all its their job.

clevestinks
12-08-2005, 04:01 PM
Not nice! Bad Karma??

I would rather Casey Hampton play qb, if my only other choice was Maddox

BlitzburghRockCity
12-08-2005, 05:01 PM
:rofl: couldnt be any worse worse; atleast he wont get sacked to often all he's gotta do is run over the pass rush !!

Koopa
12-08-2005, 05:33 PM
this fool, with the season on the line you come and scare was with this, how dare you lol...... almost had to punch something cause if this was true you could put a fork in the season cause there is no way maddox would even make a close game out of the bears game. hopefully when he does have surgery it'll be after celebrating a super bowl win

Ambridge
12-08-2005, 05:33 PM
Damn!!

In only his second season Ben is starting to sound like Steve McNair on the injury report.

Stlrs4Life
12-08-2005, 05:40 PM
I agree Ambridge.

SteelCityMan786
12-08-2005, 06:10 PM
I hope Ben doesn't need to get his surgery done till after we hopefully comeback to Win SuperBowl XL

tony hipchest
12-08-2005, 07:06 PM
Damn!!

In only his second season Ben is starting to sound like Steve McNair on the injury report.
yeah, i agree too, ambridge. or brett farve. remember farve playing through his jacked up thumb a few years back? cant remember exactly how he did but i pretty much know it was about as well as he always does and he led his team into the playoffs. ben just needs to make it to the sb first before he carries on this tough guy image. mcnabb and culpepper too. these guys might bee too big and strong for their own good. ben has stood in against 340 lb linemen and speeding lb's like he's 400 lbs. its probably a good thing hartings inadvertantly tripped polluck last week on that "cheap shot" or ben might have been killed. these rookie lb's sure like hitting him in the knee though. coincidence????

hmmmmmm

boLT fan
12-08-2005, 07:09 PM
I can't believe Ben is still playing with that thumb. Mainly after he said it hurts so much he throws more with his wrist than his hand, and still threw better than most QB's. I respect Ben A LOT more now.

tony hipchest
12-08-2005, 07:16 PM
I can't believe Ben is still playing with that thumb. Mainly after he said it hurts so much he throws more with his wrist than his hand, and still threw better than most QB's. I respect Ben A LOT more now. thats cool of you to say boltfan. tomlinson is probably my favorite player not a steeler especially now that m. faulk is nearing the end, and b. sanders is already in the h.o.f.

ben said his longest pass last weekend (40 yds) was thrown at full strength, and that was as far as he could get it.

LondonSteeler
12-08-2005, 07:51 PM
yeah, i agree too, ambridge. or brett farve. remember farve playing through his jacked up thumb a few years back? cant remember exactly how he did but i pretty much know it was about as well as he always does and he led his team into the playoffs. ben just needs to make it to the sb first before he carries on this tough guy image. mcnabb and culpepper too. these guys might bee too big and strong for their own good. ben has stood in against 340 lb linemen and speeding lb's like he's 400 lbs. its probably a good thing hartings inadvertantly tripped polluck last week on that "cheap shot" or ben might have been killed. these rookie lb's sure like hitting him in the knee though. coincidence????

hmmmmmm

i dont mean to scare you but the 2 years favre suffered with his thumb problem were awful by his standards. (99-01)
http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1028

you look at warner and his thumb injury and how it possibly could have been responsible in his demise,

end of the day lets pray the surgery goes well for ben :cheers: