PDA

View Full Version : The Frustrating Part

Dino 6 Rings
11-10-2008, 12:48 PM
It isn't that we've lost 3 games, that's not so bad, its that we SHOULD have won all 3. Not could have, but freaking SHOULD have won all 3.

Play calling was suspect at time in all 3 losses.
This latest loss had more tipped balls by our guys caught by their guys then I've ever seen.
The Defense didn't get a turnover in a key situation (Troy! Catch the Ball!)
Stuffed on 3rd and goal from the 1 by a freaking Rookie!
Stupid pass plays called in run situations.
Stupid dropped balls.
Stupid Running game unable to really generate true committment by Sanders allowing him to drop back into coverage.
Stupid Losses at HOME!

So Frustrating. So mad.

The good part is, I know we can play with anyone in the league and still fear NO team.

Next up, the very down and lucky Chargers. Please lets now re-vamp their season by allowing them to steal a game on our home turf.

steelpride12
11-10-2008, 01:26 PM
The good part is, I know we can play with anyone in the league and still fear NO team.

Exactly all three losses we didn't lose by much and pretty much had control until the second half or fourth quarter with costly, stupid turnovers.:banging:

We are still an elite team and my biggest concern is watching the turnovers. Most teams that win the turnover battle win the game and Ben throwing 2-3 INT's a game does not help our case. We have not played to our potential on offense except the first game of the season and if we can start moving the ball like that we can once again be on top. :tt03:

T.Richardson
11-10-2008, 01:45 PM
What makes it frustrating is that Ben is reverting back to his injury year in '06, Ike has the worst hands I have ever seen, Polomalu needed that int. The Defense couldnt force turnovers!

Steelcitygal87
11-10-2008, 01:59 PM
What makes it frustrating is that Ben is reverting back to his injury year in '06, Ike has the worst hands I have ever seen, Polomalu needed that int. The Defense couldnt force turnovers!

I couldn't agree more! Ben is taking steps backwards to me instead of improving. I remember years ago when he would step up in the pocket and take off running, usually got 3-4 yards a pop, sometimes more. I RARELY, if ever, see him do that anymore. And really...even a 2-3 yard gain is better than a sack and who knows how much in lost yardage. Plus if he would run he would lessen his chances of getting injured...he can always slide.

Don't even get me started on Ike, he has some of the worse hands in the league( and Townsend ain't much better). I never did think he was all that talented a player. I remember this one play in yesterday's game, I forget who caught the ball for Indy. but he caught it and went to the ground about 2-3 yards short of the first down( the play was near the sidelines), and there wasn't a Steeler near him so he could have gotten up and tried for the first, well, here comes Ike...just sorta strolling along and I remember thinking GET MOVING!....this AIN'T college...he is NOT DOWN...GO AND TOUCH HIM DOWN lol. He acted as if the play was over. I thought the player was going to get up and get the first.

Troy needs to step up to, used to be if he had a ball thrown his way and made a play on it...HE CAUGHT the darn thing. How many times have we seen Ike and Troy..etc...try and make a play on the ball, not intercept it, and the next thing you know the opposing team makes a first down??? UGHHHH that is so darn frustrating!

GO STEELERS!! :tt02:

Dawn

SteelMember
11-10-2008, 03:13 PM
Yes. Some of the play calling was suspect, but...

Those quick WR screens (which a lot of people were calling for) were all a part of the gameplan to set up the tendancies of their D.

They next evolved into those fake passes outside, to handoffs to Moore. Like draw plays. (another thing people were calling for.)

Then finally, the coup de grace of the flea ficker. It took amost the entire 1st quarter to set that up, and thankfully it played out for us.

Also, I think there was a good plan to take the middle of the field against their cover 2 shell. This didn't look as good with Heath out. After Spaeth finally started catching the ball, he wasn't much good for any YAC.

This week, I was at least able to see some semblance of a game plan, but once again the execution was not there. Yes, The Steelers can definately play with any team out there, but they need to make the plays on the field, not just at half speed in practice.

tony hipchest
11-10-2008, 03:19 PM
another frustrating part-

we are now like 153-3-1 (or something outrageous like that -110?) since the cowher era when we have a 10+ point lead :dang:

now is not the time to start losing 10 point leads.

geo123
11-10-2008, 06:44 PM
There's blame to go around. Play calling was part of it, as was execution. Troy(as much as I like him, and as good as he is) has too many almost ints. I still think the biggest blam has to go to Ben; he hols the ball too long, takes too many sacks, and 2 of the ints yesterday were really bad.

beSteelmyheart
11-10-2008, 08:11 PM
I wonder if any of this has to do with certain guys getting big money contracts..(cough cough won't mention any names cough) & then slowing down because of those fat wallets being secure in back pockets.

T.Richardson
11-10-2008, 08:35 PM
I wonder if any of this has to do with certain guys getting big money contracts..(cough cough won't mention any names cough) & then slowing down because of those fat wallets being secure in back pockets.

Polomalu?

beSteelmyheart
11-10-2008, 08:47 PM
Polomalu?

Shhh!! No names!:chuckle:It could be any number of guys!lol

T.Richardson
11-10-2008, 08:49 PM
Shhh!! No names!:chuckle:It could be any number of guys!lol

:laughing: ok lol

Steeldude
11-10-2008, 11:35 PM
don't worry, everyone. the steelers will draft a RB or a WR in the 1st round to fix the O-line.

steel striker
11-11-2008, 12:23 AM
I still say the second int was part Holmes fault he did give up on that play. The first pick was an real bad pass by Ben no doubt about that. Now come on it was third and two and we try that pass. What happened to the short passes over the middle that we used through out the whole game? Then we are on the one yard line and we run it three times in a row with moore? How about one pass play roll out or something? It was very frustrating to watch.

chucoblack&gold
11-11-2008, 12:39 AM
Then we are on the one yard line and we run it three times in a row with moore? How about one pass play roll out or something? It was very frustrating to watch.

I did not understand that playcalling at all. It took a while for us to get that running game going and we finally get good yardage on the ground. The colts held the running game throughout that drive and we attempt to run the ball in???:banging: :noidea: