PDA

View Full Version : Ike Taylor

Steelerstrength
11-10-2008, 01:10 PM
I need your help, fellow Steelers faithful. I really like the great plays and coverage that #24 is capable of, but he just cannot catch the profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfilterin ball when it counts! Tippping the ball upward seems to be his MO. Where I need your help is talking me down! I'm looking for sensible reasons not to be pissed at Ike! Am I being too hard on him? He's a professional, but IMO it seems that a huge fundamental is missing from his cognitive process! Help me out! :banging:

Thank you in advance!

T.Richardson
11-10-2008, 01:16 PM
This is what Ike is making me do. :banging:

STEELtownHAVOX
11-10-2008, 01:18 PM
Those were two great plays of the many he made Sunday. Unlucky for us, but luck for the Colts, they were both tipped to Reggie Wayne. Wayne was shut down pretty nicely except for those two tipped balls he caught. Great skill by him to stay with it and catch it. Both guys are superb at their position. Ike is a great corner.

fansince'76
11-10-2008, 01:20 PM
Two names for ya which should make you feel a lot better about Ike: Chad Scott and Dewayne Washington.

Steelerstrength
11-10-2008, 01:21 PM
Two names for ya which should make you feel a lot better about Ike: Chad Scott and DeWayne Washington.

Damn! I started cracking up when I read your post! That certainly helps! Thank you! :sofunny::thumbsup:

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-10-2008, 01:23 PM
Two names for ya which should make you feel a lot better about Ike: Chad Scott and Dewayne Washington.
You know, when Dewayne Washington was in his prime, he was a really good CB I thought.

Never liked Scott. Taylor is way better than Scott was and I guess if he could catch he would be a WR. JUST KNOCK IT DOWN IKE!!!

T.Richardson
11-10-2008, 01:28 PM

Dewayne Washington is worse, actually he cost the Steelers the game in the playoff game against the Titans years back, cant recall how long ago, it was probably like in 2001?2002?, that roughing the kicker call...:doh:

tony hipchest
11-10-2008, 01:38 PM
the 2 balls were off the tops of his fingertips, its not like they went through his hands. just a tad bit too high too pull down.

in the earlier game with titans/bears there was almost the exact same play where c. finnegan tipped the out of reach ball up and chris hope intercepted it. it was a great play.

this time the ball just didnt bounce our way. i was impressed to how glued ike was to one of the best wr's backs.

stlrtruck
11-10-2008, 01:50 PM
Remember this:

1) Those who can catch the ball play WR
2) Those who can't play DB

SteelMember
11-10-2008, 01:54 PM
the 2 balls were off the tops of his fingertips, its not like they went through his hands. just a tad bit too high too pull down.

in the earlier game with titans/bears there was almost the exact same play where c. finnegan tipped the out of reach ball up and chris hope intercepted it. it was a great play.

this time the ball just didnt bounce our way. i was impressed to how glued ike was to one of the best wr's backs.

This is exactly what I saw.

Ike made great plays to even get his fingers on the ball. He pretty much sold out on these chances falling to the ground afterwards. I thought he played very good overall. B+

We just weren't getting the breaks...bounces in this chase.

Leftoverhard
11-10-2008, 02:33 PM
Sorry but I call it bad luck. At least Ike got his hand or fingers on the ball. That usually works in your favor. No blame on him in that respect in my book.

NJarhead
11-10-2008, 02:55 PM
Ya wanna blame someone for this loss? Blame #7. It's squarely on his shoulders this time.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-10-2008, 03:58 PM
Ya wanna blame someone for this loss? Blame #7. It's squarely on his shoulders this time.

But what about blaming Arians, Tomlin, Parker, Maddox, Kordell, Retofsky(high snaps), Mahan, Marvel Smith, Colon, the O-line coach, Kevin Colbert and Kent Graham too??? :rolleyes:

NJarhead
11-10-2008, 04:19 PM
But what about blaming Arians, Tomlin, Parker, Maddox, Kordell, Retofsky(high snaps), Mahan, Marvel Smith, Colon, the O-line coach, Kevin Colbert and Kent Graham too??? :rolleyes:

I'm not sure where you're coming from. Care to elaborate?

tony hipchest
11-10-2008, 04:37 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chad_Scott

:sofunny: @ not football relatedthe way our secondary gave up the guts and was defensively bleeding wi9th him in the backfield, id say he played like a 50-60 pound tampon. :chuckle:

jjpro11
11-10-2008, 05:30 PM
those colts won because of some very unfortunate plays on our part.. if they come back to pittsburgh in january, we will smear them.

19ward86
11-10-2008, 07:43 PM
Ike is fine, that wasnt the only bad play of the night.

T.Richardson
11-10-2008, 07:48 PM
Ike is fine, that wasnt the only bad play of the night.

That video was hilarous! every time he did something he stared back at the camera!!

Steeldude
11-10-2008, 09:11 PM
a player spends that much time around a football, but still can't catch one.

Galax Steeler
11-11-2008, 03:29 AM
There was no way Ike could have caught the ball like someone stated above the ball was high and he tried to make a play but it bounced up off of his fingertips.