PDA

View Full Version : Gutless Mike Tomlin

maqen
11-10-2008, 06:30 PM
Mike Tomlin blows his chance to distinguish himself as a true Steeler coach by not starting Brian Leftwich, instead of Big Ben, againts Indianapolis.
Many of us who have lived and died with the Steelrs for over 20 years, are more loyal to the team, than loyal to one player.
Many of us are still analyzing Mike Tomlin as the new coach of the Steelers. We are still feeling him out.
This was Tomlin's opportunity to finally remove the qustion marks of his abillity to be a good/great Steeler coach, instead of being a patsy. It was a chance to do what great leaders do, by dismissing the status quo and doing what is truly the right thing to do.
It was evident that Leftwich was the quarterback of choice after the Washington Redskins game.
Many of us love and respect Big Ben. And we thank him for the Super bowl win. However, we also realize that this is a team sport. You have to do what is right for the team.
Great leaders have displayed courage by ignoring the critics and doing what is right. Tomlin has another opportunity this week againts the Chargers.

TheWarDen86
11-10-2008, 06:33 PM
Mike Tomlin blows his chance to distinguish himself as a true Steeler coach by not starting Brian Leftwich, instead of Big Ben, againts Indianapolis.
Many of us who have lived and died with the Steelrs for over 20 years, are more loyal to the team, than loyal to one player.
Many of us are still analyzing Mike Tomlin as the new coach of the Steelers. We are still feeling him out.
This was Tomlin's opportunity to finally remove the qustion marks of his abillity to be a good/great Steeler coach, instead of being a patsy. It was a chance to do what great leaders do, by dismissing the status quo and doing what is truly the right thing to do.
It was evident that Leftwich was the quarterback of choice after the Washington Redskins game.
Many of us love and respect Big Ben. And we thank him for the Super bowl win. However, we also realize that this is a team sport. You have to do what is right for the team.
Great leaders have displayed courage by ignoring the critics and doing what is right. Tomlin has another opportunity this week againts the Chargers.

Soooo..., you contemplated what your first post would be and came up with this?

Tomlin never struck me as the type to care what critics say. And unless Ben is injured, I disagree that MT can bench him in favor of Lefty without negative repercussions.

Steelman16
11-10-2008, 06:37 PM

It's the rite of passage amongst professional trollers. :toofunny:

And if Ben had thrown 3 TD's and ran in another 2, what would you have posted?

ShutDown24
11-10-2008, 06:38 PM

Where were you before the game?

tony hipchest
11-10-2008, 06:40 PM
Mike Tomlin blows his chance to distinguish himself as a true Steeler coach .
im guessing you were pretty hard on cowher and any steelers coach since 1980....

maqen
11-10-2008, 06:42 PM
Your response is ironic. Ironic, because your reply addresses your own response.
You have not responded to the topic on the table, but have responded to the fact that i have posted A topic. This is the first response to the topic? This forum is going to be interesting.

TheWarDen86
11-10-2008, 06:53 PM
Your response is ironic. Ironic, because your reply addresses your own response.
You have not responded to the topic on the table, but have responded to the fact that i have posted A topic. This is the first response to the topic?

:tap: WHAT????:hunch:

This forum is going to be interesting.

This forum already IS interesting..., and it was that way long before 7:30 this evening.

BTW, here: http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20

maqen
11-10-2008, 06:53 PM
im guessing you were pretty hard on cowher and any steelers coach since 1980....

Cowher was a genuine Steeler coach. You could feel his pain whenever the Steelers lost. You could see that he coached every game with his heart. He was family.

After one year, alot of us still have question marks about Tomlin. It almost seems like Tomlin is just playing the role of a coach. Maybe he just needs a little more time to mold into a genuine Steeler coach.

beSteelmyheart
11-10-2008, 06:57 PM
My response to your attempt to stir up shit is that "You live & you learn".
I doubt if Mike Tomlin gives much of a crap about what you or any of us think. I think he's doing a good job. He's not perfect, but who is?
Think positive, at least we're not BungHole fans, or even worse, Lions fans, so lighten up.

iloveben7
11-10-2008, 07:00 PM
^i honestly think Tomlin is a great coach, but it's only his 2nd year. His and Cowher's record is exactly the same after 24 games. I think he relates to the players a lot more than Cowher did because of his age. I've never heard one bad thing from the players about Tomlin, they really admire and respect him. Tomlin has a ton of emotion that he shows on the sideline.

MasterOfPuppets
11-10-2008, 07:03 PM
It's the rite of passage amongst professional trollers. :toofunny:

And if Ben had thrown 3 TD's and ran in another 2, what would you have posted?orrrr.... if tomlin starts leftwich, he stinks it up and loses the game. you people need to stop acting, like if leftwich starts its a guaranteed win ....he could've stunk it up WORSE than ben did.:coffee:

iloveben7
11-10-2008, 07:05 PM
^exactly.

maqen
11-10-2008, 07:10 PM
Stir up shit ? Is that what you say to everyone who has an oppinion? Tne fact of the matter is, a coach has to do what is right for the team and should not be afraid of the critics. This is the true way of , "live and learn".

TheWarDen86
11-10-2008, 07:16 PM
Stir up shit ? Is that what you say to everyone who has an oppinion? Tne fact of the matter is, a coach has to do what is right for the team and should not be afraid of the critics. This is the true way of , "live and learn".

And you believe Tomlin is more concerned about critics (like yourself) than he is with the good of the team? I don't believe that for a second. While I may agree this was a chance to rest Ben (for a couple reasons), I don't believe his opting to start Ben had anything, at all to do with critics.

beSteelmyheart
11-10-2008, 07:20 PM
Yep, that's what I said, stir up shit. If you weren't here to stir up shit you would not begin a thread calling Mike Tomlin gutless, among other things, so don't even try the reverse psychology on me, you'd be better off pulling that one on your Momma. I don't care about your opinion anymore than Mike Tomlin does because you remind me of the new culture of football fans, if you don't get your instant, perfect results with every game, you start whining to anyone who will listen, comparing old coaches with new, blah blah blah. :flap: Whatever.

Freak OF STEEL
11-10-2008, 07:23 PM

Tomlin never struck me as the type to care what critics say. And unless Ben is injured, I disagree that MT can bench him in favor of Lefty without negative repercussions.

Tomlin went with what his Franchise QB Told him....He was Ready to Play ! Ben hit 30 of 42 passes for 284 .... I bet he would like two idiot tosses back...but he cant have them....Not Tomlins fault ! Ben screwed up ....admitted it ! We now gotta move on !

T.Richardson
11-10-2008, 07:27 PM
Tomlin is going to do what any other coach is going to do, if the QB is ready to go, he will play. Ben was ready and Tomlin started him.

Plus I like Tomlin as a coach, he connects to the players in a good way, and the players respond by playing well, and listening. Tomlin is not gutless.

TheWarDen86
11-10-2008, 07:30 PM
Tomlin went with what his Franchise QB Told him....He was Ready to Play ! Ben hit 30 of 42 passes for 284 .... I bet he would like two idiot tosses back...but he cant have them....Not Tomlins fault ! Ben screwed up ....admitted it ! We now gotta move on !

and you're quoting my post because?

SteelersMongol
11-10-2008, 07:32 PM

Wow. :jawdrop: Oh well ... in that case I'm sorry that U feel that way.

But U C, last year he took us 2 the playoffs. This year, he's got us 6-3 so far. What more do V need? :dang:

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-10-2008, 07:35 PM
Cowher was a genuine Steeler coach. You could feel his pain whenever the Steelers lost. You could see that he coached every game with his heart. He was family.

What did you think of Chuck Noll? Was he a "genuine Steeler coach"? Could you feel his pain whenever the Steelers lost???

:chuckle:

MACH1
11-10-2008, 07:37 PM

If you want a team that's ran by the fans move to cleveland, they have plenty of room on the bandwagon.

You think Tomlin gives a rats ass what you think or anyone else cept the man who signs his check.

beSteelmyheart
11-10-2008, 07:41 PM
What did you think of Chuck Noll? Was he a "genuine Steeler coach"? Could you feel his pain whenever the Steelers lost???

Something tells me he/she wasn't yet a gleam in his daddy's eye back then.

fansince'76
11-10-2008, 07:44 PM
You mean like Cowher starting Ben against Oakland in '06 when he obviously had no business playing due to getting his bell rung the week before? Or sticking with Kordell as the starting QB for SIX frigging seasons when it was obvious by season 3 that he was NEVER going to be worth camel spit as a QB?

Another one that joined apparently just to bitch, whine and complain. Wow. So new and unexpected. :coffee:

maqen
11-10-2008, 07:45 PM
Yep, that's what I said, stir up shit. If you weren't here to stir up shit you would not begin a thread calling Mike Tomlin gutless, among other things, so don't even try the reverse psychology on me, you'd be better off pulling that one on your Momma. I don't care about your opinion anymore than Mike Tomlin does because you remind me of the new culture of football fans, if you don't get your instant, perfect results with every game, you start whining to anyone who will listen, comparing old coaches with new, blah blah blah. :flap: Whatever.

"Momma"? " Whining"? If you say, that you and Mike Tomlin dont care about my oppinion, then why do you keep responding? Mike Tomlin isint responding.
Your thread is based completely on emotions.

I did not complain once last year when we lost games. But when a coach errors by not doing what is best for the team, must we keep our mouths shut?
Many of us are here to discuss football and the Steelers. If you disagree with an oppinion, responding with emotional rant only reflects what kind of a person you are.
Are you a woman?

tony hipchest
11-10-2008, 07:48 PM

After one year, alot of us still have question marks about Tomlin. It almost seems like Tomlin is just playing the role of a coach. Maybe he just needs a little more time to mold into a genuine Steeler coach.alot of us? i dont know who you are speaking so loudly for but ALOT of us are completely sold on tomlin being the one to lead us into the future.

not everyone needs spittle or a jutting jaw. ive seen plenty of emotion from mike.

beSteelmyheart
11-10-2008, 07:50 PM
Last year, indeed, mr Join Date Nov. 2008. :laughing:
Try again.

iloveben7
11-10-2008, 07:50 PM
"Momma"? " Whining"? If you say, that you and Mike Tomlin dont care about my oppinion, then why do you keep responding? Mike Tomlin isint responding.
Your thread is based completely on emotions.

I did not complain once last year when we lost games. But when a coach errors by not doing what is best for the team, must we keep our mouths shut?
Many of us are here to discuss football and the Steelers. If you disagree with an oppinion, responding with emotional rant only reflects what kind of a person you are.
Are you a woman?

what does it matter???

19ward86
11-10-2008, 07:51 PM
Shutup.

If leftwich was better than Ben, he would be the starting QB for jaxonville. He has done a good job because you dont plan to play an immobile QB when you play the steelers. So the switch up disorganizes the defense and Byron has a good game. Ala Arizona Cardinals vs. Pittsburgh Steelers 2007, Leinart and Warner switched in and out with playing time...they won.

maqen
11-10-2008, 07:55 PM

Chuck Noll was obviously one of the greatest (or the greatest) coaches to coach the game of football.
Chuck Noll was one of the reasons that i fell in love with, not only the Steelers, but also the game of football, when i was a 13 or 12.
He had that rare kind of stern demeanor.
A real tough coach. He had that dead serious presence. A real mucho coach.

devilsdancefloor
11-10-2008, 07:55 PM

After one year, alot of us still have question marks about Tomlin. It almost seems like Tomlin is just playing the role of a coach. Maybe he just needs a little more time to mold into a genuine Steeler coach.

Mike tomlin shows his pain when we lose and his excitment when we win after the skins game incase you missed it he was WOOOOOOOTTTING as he walked off the field! And when deshea got his 2nd holding downfield they showed his and you could read his lips he said now that is 2! he is a genuine steeler coach he is smart he gives credit when it is needed and he gives then grief when they do stupid things like holding penalties. No one is perfected but i would take coach tomilin over ANY of the other 31 coaches. IMHO He is the right person for this job and always will be iam looking for wrd to the next 15 to 20 years with him being our coach. so take your
:yap: :yap: :yap: :poop: :poop: :poop: elsewhere :troll:

beSteelmyheart
11-10-2008, 08:00 PM
what does it matter???
To him, I think it matters a great deal. He must be from Seattle or some similar place where women aren't into football.

iloveben7
11-10-2008, 08:03 PM
^haha i guess so

maqen
11-10-2008, 08:07 PM
alot of us? i dont know who you are speaking so loudly for but ALOT of us are completely sold on tomlin being the one to lead us into the future.

not everyone needs spittle or a jutting jaw. ive seen plenty of emotion from mike.

When i say, "Alot of us", im refering to the thousnds of Steeler fans around the world who would agree that Byron Leftwich should have started againts the Colts.

And in response to spittle or a jutting jaw:, Chuck Noll never showed emotion. You probably dont know who he is, based on your thread.

TheWarDen86
11-10-2008, 08:12 PM
When i say, "Alot of us", im refering to the thousnds of Steeler fans around the world who would agree that Byron Leftwich should have started againts the Colts.

And in response to spittle or a jutting jaw:, Chuck Noll never showed emotion. You probably dont know who he is, based on your thread.

No? Ask Jerry Glanville about that.

T.Richardson
11-10-2008, 08:12 PM
Chuck Noll was obviously one of the greatest (or the greatest) coaches to coach the game of football.
Chuck Noll was one of the reasons that i fell in love with, not only the Steelers, but also the game of football, when i was a 13 or 12.

soo...how did you feel about Chuck Nolls first 3 years as coach or Bradshaws early career?

tony hipchest
11-10-2008, 08:13 PM

and when i say "alot of us" im referring to the millions who think you are wrong.

:tt03::tt::tt02::tt03::tt::tt02::laughing:

TheWarDen86
11-10-2008, 08:14 PM
and when i say "alot of us" im referring to the millions who think you are wrong.

:tt03::tt::tt02::tt03::tt::tt02::laughing:

:chuckle: :drink:

iloveben7
11-10-2008, 08:15 PM
:chuckle: :drink:

:drink::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::applaudit:

beSteelmyheart
11-10-2008, 08:16 PM

Chuck Noll was also a gentleman & that my dear, is what makes him great, not his machismo.

maqen
11-10-2008, 08:20 PM
To him, I think it matters a great deal. He must be from Seattle or some similar place where women aren't into football.

AHA!!

So you are a woman! How did i know? Because your responses were based on emotional insults, instead of rationallity. Not once did you respond to the topic at hand. You were more interested in bashing me as a person who dared to state my oppinion of Mike Tomlin's error of starting Big Ben instead of Leftwich.

There is nothing wrong with women being into football, i love it when they are, but you do a disservice to all women in general. Uhhh, memories of Palin.

TheWarDen86
11-10-2008, 08:22 PM
AHA!!

So you are a woman! How did i know? Because your responses were based on emotional insults, instead of rationallity. Not once did you respond to the topic at hand. You were more interested in bashing me as a person who dared to state my oppinion of Mike Tomlin's error of starting Big Ben instead of Leftwich.

There is nothing wrong with women being into football, i love it when they are, but you do a disservice to all women in general. Uhhh, memories of Palin.

So, how many Steelers forums were you booted from before we were fortunate enough to have you? :chuckle:

fansince'76
11-10-2008, 08:23 PM

AHA! "Since you were 13 or 12?" I checked your birthdate in our admin tool and Chuck Noll had already retired by then, unless you weren't truthful about your birthdate. Either way, it makes you a lying sack of shit, troll. Consider yourself gone for condescending to other members here based on their sex. :wave:

tony hipchest
11-10-2008, 08:27 PM
AHA!!

There is nothing wrong with women being into football, i love it when they are, but you do a disservice to all women in general. Uhhh, memories of Palin.damn. banned before i even had a chance to really rip him a new one. for him to compare our fine steelers sisters to palin was WAY beyond the line. :chuckle::drink: (good job mods!) :thumbsup:

VegasStlrFan
11-10-2008, 08:28 PM
I might suggest a little more thought on your second thread...if you get the chance.

TheWarDen86
11-10-2008, 08:29 PM
AHA! "Since you were 13 or 12?" I checked your birthdate in our admin tool and Chuck Noll had already retired by then, unless you weren't truthful about your birthdate. Either way, it makes you a lying sack of shit, troll. Consider yourself gone for condescending to other members here based on their sex. :wave:

awe man! I wanted to see HTG's reaction to that sexist shit.
Oh well :noidea:
Party pooper :flap: :laughing:

devilsdancefloor
11-10-2008, 08:36 PM
http://xs233.xs.to/xs233/08461/cdtroll792.jpg

iloveben7
11-10-2008, 08:37 PM
i can't believe him being sexist-that's just uncalled for. The Steelers have the greatest women fans, and I'm one of them

beSteelmyheart
11-10-2008, 08:44 PM
Awww, c'mon! I stepped away for a few minutes to have some dinner & never had a chance to say goodbye?
As for the reference to Palin, considering her position (despite the outcome) I guess I should say I'm flattered. Me, a lowly working woman. Who loves her some Steelers football, good AND bad! :tt03:

HometownGal
11-10-2008, 08:45 PM

I could understand if you were disappointed with Tomlin's decision not to put Lefty in the game in the 4th Q to try to put a little shake 'n bake in the O and confuse the Colts' D, but to call him gutless? :doh: :mad: He went with his franchise QB who has a history of bringing his team back from behind and though I would have liked to have seen what Lefty could do as the game was still very much ours in the 4th, I trust in our HC's knowledge of the game, confidence in his players and the never say die 'tude he has brought to this team and organization. For you to demean Tomlin in the manner which you did in titling this thread is . . . . . well, gutless.

beSteelmyheart
11-10-2008, 08:50 PM
awe man! I wanted to see HTG's reaction to that sexist shit.
Oh well :noidea:
Party pooper :flap: :laughing:
It was good for a chuckle while it lasted on an otherwise boring Monday night.:popcorn:

Chamberlain
11-10-2008, 08:51 PM
As long as Roethlisberger is on the team, THERE IS NO QUARTERBACK CONTROVERSY!

TheWarDen86
11-10-2008, 08:54 PM
It was good for a chuckle while it lasted on an otherwise boring Monday night.:popcorn:

Yes it was. I still would have liked to see his response to my "how many Steelers Forums..." question, but I find comfort in knowing that he can add one more to the list. :chuckle:

stillers4me
11-10-2008, 08:55 PM
You forgot to invite me to the party!!!!!!!!

Men. :mad:

TheWarDen86
11-10-2008, 08:57 PM
You forgeot to invite me to the party!!!!!!!!

Men. :mad:

Well, apparently our "guest" didn't think this was a place for women, so he's gone now. But we're still partying! :drink: :chuckle:

HometownGal
11-10-2008, 08:59 PM

Hell yeah it was! Sure beats watching the 49'ers and Cardinals game. :yuck:

All I can say is . . .

One million swimming little sammies and he's the one who got through. :doh::shake02:

beSteelmyheart
11-10-2008, 09:07 PM
Here's to the real Steelers cheerleaders! The Ladies of the Black n Gold!:drink:

iloveben7
11-10-2008, 09:13 PM
Here's to the real Steelers cheerleaders! The Ladies of the Black n Gold!:drink:

:drink::tt03::tt02::tt02::applaudit:

Preacher
11-10-2008, 09:24 PM
the funny thing is, many of us it seems are starting to wonder of Ben should sit a game or two in order to heal (from the posts I have read over a couple different threads).

However, to call Tomlin gutless over it? What a joke. You go with Ben's word whether he is ready or not. You worry about not just the game this week, but about the mans career in the black and gold. pulling a guy out at a certain time can harm a career, or help a career.

Do I want Ben to sit? Yes, and heal. But there is a reason I am not a coach and Tomlin is.

jjpro11
11-10-2008, 10:33 PM
i hate to be blunt here.. but im not sure a week or two off will help his shoulder any. it probably needs surgery in the offseason to fully heal. the situation just really sucks.

chucoblack&gold
11-10-2008, 11:28 PM
I'm personnally warming up to Tomlin. I was a bit skeptic at first, I could have sworn Wisenhunt or Grimm were shoo-in's(spell check) for the job. but so far he has carried this team well.

there was a gesture that spoke volumes to me in the pre-game warm-ups yesterday, and I know our coach has the palyers as a team as his main focus.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-10-2008, 11:30 PM

I think you mean "macho" instead of "mucho".....correct??

Actually, Chuck Knoll was a mild mannered educator that never had any emotional pregame or halftime speeches. If you fell in love of football because of Chuck Noll's coaching style then you are probably a detail oriented guy that likes repetitive practice and lack of emotion.......very contrary to Bill Cowher.

When players on the sidelines cheered on their teammates that were playing, Chuck Noll used to tell them....."stop that.....we don't do that here" (according to Rocky Blier and other players). Occasionally Chuck got wound up by a bad call or a rivalry with Bum Philips or the Raiders, but for the most part he was the complete opposite of Cowher.

Please dont say Cowher is a genuine Steeler coach and imply that Noll was cut of the same cloth.....it just isnt true and makes you seem even less knowledgeable than your first post.

Bill Cowher coached with a raw emotion that probably helped generate a heightened sense of the "Will to Win" in his players. Noll, conversely, created a dynasty by methodically practising and preaching "the Will to Prepare to Win" to his players.

Tomlin fits somewhere in between the two and throws Ben in there just like Noll played an injured Terry Bradshaw instead of giving the ball to Cliff Stoudt or Terry Hanratty.

Now to borrow a phrase from an esteemed poster, I will "lather, rinse and repeat" of this topic.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-10-2008, 11:36 PM
Consider yourself gone for condescending to other members here based on their sex. :wave:

Dang! I'm always the last to know. :banging:

I was gonna gloss myself "bus driver" for takin' that Troll to school. :noidea:

OneForTheToe
11-11-2008, 12:07 AM
I hate working nights, I miss all the fun. And as far as the ladies at here at the board - "How you doing?" :wink02:

DJ919
11-11-2008, 01:59 AM
My response to your attempt to stir up shit is that "You live & you learn".
I doubt if Mike Tomlin gives much of a crap about what you or any of us think. I think he's doing a good job. He's not perfect, but who is?
Think positive, at least we're not BungHole fans, or even worse, Lions fans, so lighten up.

:iagree:

Now, I also side with the fact that B.Left SHOULD have got the start, BUT we can't even begin to down Coach Tomlin. So far he is doing a WONDERFUL job coaching our Steelers. Yeah, how many times did we think the same thing about Jaws?... I mean, seriously set back and think about the shoes this man had to fill. He's following the path of 2 of the greatest coaches in the history of the NFL. He got us back in the play offs in his freshmen season as head coach, and I'm sure we'll be making a post regular season return this year even with this headache of a schedule. Remember he is coaching the AFC's oldest, and the NFL's most storied team, The Mighty Pittsburgh Steelers, FIVE time Superbowl Champs! Not the Detroit Lions... He's doing one helluva job doing so I must add. I'm proud of him for other related reasons as well. So far, he's doing great!

Galax Steeler
11-11-2008, 04:10 AM
I was late to the post but I am glad he is gone he was deffinetly a troll.

memphissteelergirl
11-11-2008, 08:41 AM
Aww man, I miss all the fun! :doh: Would have liked my chance at that tool! :chuckle:

One million swimming little sammies and he's the one who got through. :doh::shake02:

LMAO!! :toofunny::toofunny:

Hear, here! :drink:

Steelers-Shaun
11-11-2008, 09:24 AM
"Originally Posted by maqen
Mike Tomlin blows his chance to distinguish himself as a true Steeler coach by not starting Brian Leftwich" .... WHo the hell is that ?? Gary Colemans brother???

Dizzle43
11-11-2008, 09:36 AM
"Originally Posted by maqen
Mike Tomlin blows his chance to distinguish himself as a true Steeler coach by not starting Brian Leftwich" .... WHo the hell is that ?? Gary Colemans brother???

I didn't notice that. :chuckle:

TackleMeBen
11-11-2008, 09:54 AM
why am i picturing a herm edwards quote here... we play to win the game.:chuckle:

The_WARDen
11-11-2008, 10:16 AM
Mike Tomlin is definitely not gutless. While I do not agree with everything he does (like going for 2 with 10 minutes left in a playoff game), I will say that if this team goes 10-6 or 11-5 and wins the division then he should be nominated for coach of the year.

With their schedule, all the injuries (think about it, they've played the bulk of the season w/o their top TWO backs) and pass protection issues (whether it's Ben's fault or the crappy line), it wil have been one helluva coaching job to finish with 10+ wins should he get there!

To say that he is gutless is bizarre.

:popcorn:

X-Terminator
11-11-2008, 10:16 AM
Here's a thread that's tailor-made for me to take out a little frustration on another stupid noobie troll, and I missed it! :doh: Ah well, there'll be other opportunities! :chuckle:

Big D
11-11-2008, 02:17 PM

yeah tomlin really sucks. We are only 6-3 despite our 3rd string rb starting and a bunch of injuires. It's a real shame how some steeler fans dont realize how good they have it. Try being a raider or lions fan

Steel Duck
11-11-2008, 03:02 PM
DAMN! I haven't been online in a couple of days so I just saw this thread...
I'm disappointed he's already banned.....I was gonna kick him in the nuts and see if he could feel the pain!!!!:mad: :kick:

stlrtruck
11-11-2008, 03:14 PM
I was gonna kick him in the nuts and see if he could feel the pain!!!!:mad: :kick:

:toofunny: :toofunny: :rofl: :rofl: :drink: :thumbsup: :rofl: :rofl: :toofunny: :toofunny:

tony hipchest
11-11-2008, 05:35 PM
i wish this dumbass stuck around long enough to actually provide some alternatives instead of just bitching...

i bet he was a fan of firing tomlin and bringing in cam cameron as our head coach. :rolleyes:

revefsreleets
11-11-2008, 06:28 PM
You guys just banned Byron Leftwich's dad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steel Duck
11-11-2008, 11:23 PM
I'm kinda sad he's gone..I was looking forward to kicking him around a little...LOL :laughing:

Leftoverhard
11-12-2008, 12:24 AM
I can't believe you guys let that troll get to you. That was not a fan - not by a stretch. That was a kid (or 2) having fun with the internet. Some of it was pretty obvious too (the woman bit and the Palin reference). Message board trolls are the new crank callers. Sorry I missed it.

stillers4me
11-12-2008, 07:26 AM
You guys just banned Byron Leftwich's dad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:sofunny:

SteelMember
11-14-2008, 07:18 AM
Here lies maqen :tombstone

1 Thread and 8 posts later.
Member #10625. He will not be missed. Especially not by any of our fine ladys here at SF.

TeeJay
11-15-2008, 04:29 AM
:wave:

:flap:

When you're looking at that Sports Illustrated (put the swimwear issue down!) in Ten Years time, and there's Tomlin surrounded by Trophys....., you'll look back at this thread and chuckle. :laughing:

Until then live with the fact,,,The Steelers don't fire their coaches. (The Pittsburgh Rams.......nah...) They nuture them, they care for them, they teach them, they turn them into F***ing Trophy Magnet Monsters....which is nice! :tt::thumbsup: :tt03:.
A Black and Gold, trophy devouring machine..........but without the will or need to cheat :coffee:
.............................................just a will, and the ability, to win.

Tomlin's still just out of the egg. Give him a break.
But that first Sports Ilustrated isn't too far away.

TerribleSteelyMcBeam
11-15-2008, 11:44 AM
^^^^^ +1 to that entire post.

OP is a troll

dragtruk
11-15-2008, 12:50 PM
I guess if any of us knew what was best for the Steelers, we'd be standing on the sidelines calling plays instead of posting on a forum.

T.Richardson
11-15-2008, 04:24 PM
I guess if any of us knew what was best for the Steelers, we'd be standing on the sidelines calling plays instead of posting on a forum.

I wouldnt mind coaching the Steelers :hatsoff: