PDA

View Full Version : "MR." Obama really ticks me off.

Preacher
11-10-2008, 09:57 PM
/rant
I absolutely HATE that phrase.

He is the president-elect of this nation. Please, idiots in the press, give the office its due respect and call him president-elect Obama, and then after January, call him PRESIDENT Obama.

I have felt the same way about President Bush.

In the same way, like him or hate him, Clinton should be referred to in the press ALWAYS as President Clinton or Former President Clinton.

It is a title bestowed upon them.

The press needs to respect it.

EDIT: I tried putting quotations around Mr. to draw people's attention to that, but realized it REALLY made it look kinda ugly. I apologize to anyone coming in here because of that... it wasn't my intention

HometownGal
11-10-2008, 10:33 PM
Well geez, Father - it's better than calling him Mr. Lib-O-RAT, aint it? :wink02::chuckle:

Until he is inaugurated into office, I will refer to him as Mr. Obama. Just my personal preference and had McCain won instead, I wouldn't have changed my stance. I think the term "President-elect" is misleading. America has only one official President serving in office and like it or not, W is our President until Mr. Obama is sworn in on January 20, 2009..

tony hipchest
11-10-2008, 10:44 PM
i prefer sen. obama.

just like bill cowher ripping a new asshole into that complete failure butch davis for referring to him as "cowher" i can see where it isnt really a big deal, but a deal, nevertheless.

im realistic about the matter though. people are dropping n-bombs left and right (not here but in the real world).

i'll take "MR."

Preacher
11-10-2008, 10:48 PM
i prefer sen. obama.

just like bill cowher ripping a new asshole into that complete failure butch davis for referring to him as "cowher" i can see where it isnt really a big deal, but a deal, nevertheless.

im realistic about the matter though. people are dropping n-bombs left and right (not here but in the real world).

i'll take "MR."

Really? I haven't heard it. Of course, since he has been elected, I have been
1. At home
2. In a church office
3. In a hotel room.

That is completely ignorant.

But yeah, Tony, Senator Obama would be proper as well in my book.

There is just something about respecting the OFFICE of the presidency that has disappeared.

Borski
11-10-2008, 11:41 PM
Really? I haven't heard it.

I've heard it once or twice. Although I don't like his policies or anything, I agree he should be refered to Prez-Elect or Sen Obama.

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
11-11-2008, 01:44 AM
Mein Fuhrer Obama?
Comrade Obama?

SteelersMongol
11-11-2008, 02:03 AM
Mein Fuhrer Obama?
Comrade Obama?

:rofl:

Preacher
11-11-2008, 12:02 PM
I am just as mad when I see bumper stickers like, "Charleton Heston is my president."

No, he is not. Respect the office.

I was so upset when I saw those during the Clinton administration.