PDA

View Full Version : The next head coach of the brownies will be.....

Big D
11-11-2008, 04:35 PM
Brian the brain billick. Think about it, makes sense. Phil savage worked with him in baltimore and billick is "offensive minded" to develop brady quinn

Makaveli
11-11-2008, 04:54 PM
Brian the brain billick. Think about it, makes sense. Phil savage worked with him in baltimore and billick is "offensive minded" to develop brady quinn

I could see it. In light of the Savage connection. But the way the Panthers are playing Fox's job may be "safe",...and henceforth the Clowns could make coach Cowher an offer he would hard pressed to refuse ?

T.Richardson
11-11-2008, 05:27 PM
I could see it happening. Crennel isnt doing anything to help develop those players. Those WR's have bad hands...

revefsreleets
11-11-2008, 07:23 PM
If they go cheap and want to stay mediocre, this could happen.

xfl2001fan
11-11-2008, 09:25 PM
What team was he an offensive coordinator for that earned him an "offensive guru" tag? I don't remember, but I believe it had more to do with the talent around him than his actual coaching/developing of players.

I don't want to see Brian around here...because he never should have become a HC in the first place. He rode a talented offense to a HC job and a talented defense to a SB. The offense was offensive.

Unless he can suddenly convince Braylon to actually catch the passes that hit his hands or Kellen that he's a WR playing TE...and not the face of the franchise...I doubt he'd do us any good at all.

tony hipchest
11-11-2008, 09:34 PM
vikings.

im still not sold on cowher coming to cleveland. i dont think he has an ax to grind with the steelers or rooneys. the only job i see him possibly considering is in dallas with a blockbuster deal. i actually think he would prefer not going up against the steelers 2X a year and playing in the cesspool known as cleve... plus i dont think he's really in too much of a hurry to return next year.

brian billick makes alot of sense. not much, but alot more than what theyve currently got going on.

MasterOfPuppets
11-11-2008, 10:35 PM
Brian the brain billick. Think about it, makes sense. Phil savage worked with him in baltimore and billick is "offensive minded" to develop brady quinn:rofl:..............:rofl:........i musta missed that offensive juggernaut when i went to piss during a game...:toofunny:.... please tell me who the QB was that billick " developed" ? :laughing:

TackleMeBen
11-12-2008, 09:26 AM
with any luck the lions will get rid of their coach and he could go to cleveland and make them suck even more.:thumbsup:

revefsreleets
11-12-2008, 09:45 AM
The only people who don't think Cowher will go to Cleveland are Steelers fans. It's simply not palatable to them, but look at the evidence:

-He interviewed for the job, but they hired Belichick.
-He played there
-He was an assistant coach there
-In February of THIS YEAR, as a speaker for the Cleveland Auto Dealers, he was asked about coming back to coach and he said, and I quote "I'd love to come back," Cowher said. "If there's a place I'd like to come back to, this is it."
-They are one of the few teams that will pay him 8 figures
-The timing is right. Crennel is a dead man walking

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
11-12-2008, 10:45 AM
Rumor around here unfortunately/fortunately, Phil stays and hires Kirk Ferentz. And While I like Phil a lot as a GM, I think hiring Ferentz as a coach would be a diaster.

Also the majority of Browns fans from what I've seen do want Cowher, and are making a push for him like crazy..

Heres hoping revefsreleets is right as he was petty much dead on about Quinn/DA.

TackleMeBen
11-12-2008, 10:55 AM
i thought if john fox gets the boot, then cowher would take over for the panthers.but i am sure the competitor in him would like to go to cleveland make them a powerhouse so they finally would remember what it was like to beat the steelers..lol

revefsreleets
11-12-2008, 12:11 PM
Fox isn't going anywhere. The Panthers are 7-2, playoff bound and had perhaps the most solid draft in the NFL.

drizze99
11-12-2008, 01:39 PM

Billick an offensive minded coach? Could have fooled me, LOL

TackleMeBen
11-13-2008, 11:22 AM
Fox isn't going anywhere. The Panthers are 7-2, playoff bound and had perhaps the most solid draft in the NFL.
the panthers have played good this season, but that wasnt the case last year when fox was on the hot seat.

RoethlisBURGHer
11-13-2008, 05:39 PM
the panthers have played good this season, but that wasnt the case last year when fox was on the hot seat.

Last year they also didn't have Jake Delhome (or however you spell it) for most of the season. They ended up with David Carr, Vinny Testeverde, and Matt Moore all starting games at QB after they lost JD. Not exactly a QB caurosel of greatness.

revefsreleets
11-14-2008, 11:24 AM
Yeah, that was more about fans looking for a goat than management being unhappy. They knew what Fox was up against.

Bottom line: The Carolina job won't be opening up anytime soon.

RoethlisBURGHer
11-14-2008, 07:16 PM
Yeah, that was more about fans looking for a goat than management being unhappy. They knew what Fox was up against.

Bottom line: The Carolina job won't be opening up anytime soon.

And the Carolina Panthers ownership isn't like the Cleveland Brown's ownership...they won't do something because it's what the fans want.

Steeler in Carolina
11-14-2008, 07:46 PM
I still think Cowher ends up in Dallas.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-15-2008, 11:49 AM
I think Cowher is the pick that is in vogue.......but something tells me its gonna be either Josh McDaniels or Mike Heimerdinger.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-15-2008, 11:58 AM
I still think Cowher ends up in Dallas.
I dont think BC is dillusional enough to want to work for Jerry Jones. I think Jason Garrett gets the Dallas job.

Steve Spagnolo goes to to the Rams- lots of pieces there of a good young defense, with Bulger and Jackson as offensive weapons.

Herm Edwards might get another year and for some reason I think Cowher goes back to KC after that. They have a young team, with some good young players in Dorsey, Flowers, Bowe, Albert, Derrick Johnson(who knows about LJ?) and will get a QB in this years draft or pickup somebody like Leftwich, Pennington, Anderson in the offseason. But I think that team is a better fit than the shitstorm that is the Browns.

Choose the lesser of 2 evils....Carl Peterson or Phil Savage.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
11-15-2008, 12:37 PM
I dont think BC is dillusional enough to want to work for Jerry Jones. I think Jason Garrett gets the Dallas job.

Steve Spagnolo goes to to the Rams- lots of pieces there of a good young defense, with Bulger and Jackson as offensive weapons.

Herm Edwards might get another year and for some reason I think Cowher goes back to KC after that. They have a young team, with some good young players in Dorsey, Flowers, Bowe, Albert, Derrick Johnson(who knows about LJ?) and will get a QB in this years draft or pickup somebody like Leftwich, Pennington, Anderson in the offseason. But I think that team is a better fit than the shitstorm that is the Browns.

Choose the lesser of 2 evils....Carl Peterson or Phil Savage.

Disagree with that respectfully.

Cleveland while rather dysfunctional needs a leader at QB and as a coach. I think we may have found the first one, but I could be wrong. Cleveland has some talent on both sides of the ball, a few moves need to be made (possession receiver, better linebackers, secondary, and a prehaps another runningback to pair with Jerome Harrions because Lewis is on his last legs.) But they seem to be in better shape than the Chiefs currently.. We're in a lot better shape than we were before Phil got the job, again, theres some pieces to work with, and thanks to the uncapped year in a few years, and a a rich owner, we have a chance to become much better. Some major advantages there, versus Kansas City.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
11-20-2008, 11:18 PM
A source with knowledge of the situation tells us that the Browns have approached former Steelers coach Bill Cowher regarding the possibility of becoming the next coach in Cleveland.

Per the source, the Browns are willing to give Cowher a contract worth $8 million to $9 million per year.

Presumably, Cowher’s arrival would occur only if G.M. Phil Savage were fired or significantly marginalized. (Maybe Savage can go work for the Bills — or if all else fails he can root for them.) Cowher would want final say over personnel, and Cowher would want to install one or more of his former Steelers colleagues into key positions.

Likely candidates, if they can finagle a path out of Pittsburgh, would be director of football operations Kevin Colbert and/or director of business operations Omar Khan.

Cowher played for the Browns (i.e., Ravens) from 1980 through 1982, and he served as special teams coach in 1985 and 1986. He was moved to defensive backs coach in 1987, and he remained in that position through 1988.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/11/20/source-browns-pursuing-cowher/

Alright...

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
11-20-2008, 11:21 PM
KUHN?

revefsreleets
11-21-2008, 10:18 AM
PFT is the source. HIGHLY dubious.

But I believe it because I'm almost positive it's going to go down. 9 mill might do the trick, too.