PDA

View Full Version : The AFCN Still Up For Grabs...

Suitanim
12-08-2005, 12:49 PM
...Technically. Here's what needs to happen.

First, the Steelers must win out. Even 1 loss and it's probably all over.

Then, we need help. We need the Browns to beat the Bengals this week, which, on it's face sounds like a tall order, but with a new QB at the helm and nothing to lose, the Browns will be dangerous, especially considering the Bengals might be a little complacent. Judging by the fact that they are pretty convinced that since they split with the Steelers they will automatically win the Super Bowl for the next 3 years. As near perennial playoff participants, us Steelers fans know that's not exactly how it works.

Then, we need the Bengals to lose to either the Bills or KC. Lose to Buffalo? Doubtful. Lose to KC in KC? I'd say that's an almost given now, considering how well KC's offense is starting to play.

So, that's it. Browns win, KC wins and we win out.

Steel - X
12-08-2005, 01:15 PM
Tuff order but I could see the Browns beating the Bengals this week.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-08-2005, 02:34 PM
The jags are ahead of us too, and w/ garrard at the helm they will still be tough, but if they falter towards the end of the season like usual and we win out that will certainly help keep the door open.

stillers4strife
12-08-2005, 03:02 PM
Can't see the Browns beating the Bengals. Not even if the Browns had Braylon back. Frye is too green. Droughns is questionable to play. Plus, they're the Browns.

Fightin' for a wildcard.

fergusonat
12-08-2005, 03:36 PM
Can't believe we're cheering for the Browns...but if we must, we must :coffee: :poop: I think we still have a chance to get into the playoffs, but I think winning the division is doubtful at the moment

No matter what, we need to beat the Bears

SteelR1
12-08-2005, 03:40 PM
It would SOOOOOOOOOOOO sweet to win the division in the long run. WOW!!!!!!

clevestinks
12-08-2005, 04:35 PM
I wouldnt exactly say that its up for grabs! That would mean that we were equal, and its close. We need an almost miracle! All our losses have been AFC

Steel - X
12-08-2005, 04:42 PM
I agree CS, I dont think winning the division is going to happen. We need a lot of things to go our way and if you look back on the season there has not been to much going our way.

BritishSteel
12-08-2005, 05:16 PM
I'll take a top 2 runners up spot right now - preferably whichever one lands us in Cincy for the play-off game.

BB2W
12-08-2005, 05:28 PM
Well Suit it is a bit of a reach, but thanks for always seeing the glass half full. :smile:

Suitanim
12-08-2005, 06:01 PM
Perhaps I should have titled the thead "The Division isn't settled just yet", or, "Bengals fans, don't buy that '2005 AFC North Champions' gear yet"?

I'm just playing the optimist...

clevestinks
12-08-2005, 06:03 PM
Perhaps I should have titled the thead "The Division isn't settled just yet", or, "Bengals fans, don't buy that '2005 AFC North Champions' gear yet"?

I'm just playing the optimist...
Thats probably better. And I love your optimism. But I am crossing fingers for a playoff berth of any kind. If we controlled our own destiny then yes the division is up for grabs!

Suitanim
12-08-2005, 06:06 PM
50 years from now, I will STILL remember 2005 as the *season.

*Tommy Maddox

clevestinks
12-08-2005, 06:08 PM
50 years from now, I will STILL remember 2005 as the *season.

*Tommy Maddox
HUH, No doubt!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-08-2005, 06:09 PM
A season that may / will live in infamy !!

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
12-08-2005, 07:04 PM
i dont see us making the playoffs but like i said before if we get as a wildcard.....maybe thats the way we have to do it to get to the big game.........first round buy and homfield advantage doesnt do it for us.......a few games on the road and an extra game might put on one the thumb

Rotorhead
12-09-2005, 12:14 AM
I think we will get the wildcard, just hope Bens finger can hold out and our ship can get righted on the way! Oh and I hope for a season ending injury to Manning too :)

BigDude66687
12-09-2005, 01:48 AM
Lol, I'd love to win the wild card that put in cincy, i'd love to show them whose the class of the AFC north, and then my ideal situation : we go 2 Indy pwn them show them that our loss during the regular season was a fluke, then go to New England and end their dominiation of us on their home turf and see how they like then go on win the super bowl, hey its a great dream, likely no possible yes, sweet hell yah

clevestinks
12-09-2005, 04:11 PM
i dont see us making the playoffs but like i said before if we get as a wildcard.....maybe thats the way we have to do it to get to the big game.........first round buy and homfield advantage doesnt do it for us.......a few games on the road and an extra game might put on one the thumb
Dont give in yet! Its sucks but just hold on. We are Steelers fans. Never say die! Not yet anyway!

SteelCityMan786
12-09-2005, 04:19 PM
Let's Hope Cincy Loses 3 More and we win out the AFC North Will Remain here.

slashsteel
12-09-2005, 07:20 PM
Two games. Win two games and I think we get in the playoffs. Have to beat the Bears and Vikes.......

Grey
12-09-2005, 07:38 PM
I guess that the Browns beating the Bengals right now is pretty unlikely, and I've pretty much given up on winning the division., and the Jags will almost surely get the first wildcard spot.

If I looked at it right, here's what needs to happen to get a wildcard.

We win out.

San Diego loses one game.

Kansas City loses two games.

Here we go.
Grey

StillerPaul
12-10-2005, 01:15 AM
I'll take a top 2 runners up spot right now - preferably whichever one lands us in Cincy for the play-off game.

I'm with ya there. I laugh at all the bungle players talking like they are already the SB champs. They are damn fortunate they got out of here with the win sunday and i would like nothing more than to go down there and shut em' back up again.

SteelCityMan786
12-10-2005, 09:51 AM
Well They Can Talk All They Want The Bengals Still Have to Prove That They Can Win Games. Which They will Not Get Passed The 2nd round If They get out of the WC Round.