PDA

View Full Version : What is the worst city to be a sports fan?

steelerstrade
11-13-2008, 10:24 AM
Right now (today)...In your opinion what is the worst city to be a sports fan? Requirement: That city must have at least 3 sports teams. The sports teams can either be one of the 4 professional sports leagues or a BCS eligible college (the college counts as just one team even if they have top ranked football and/or basketball). So in Pittsburgh we would have the 1. Steelers (good team) 2. Penguins (good team) 3. Pirates (awful) 4. Panthers (good in both basketball and football).

TackleMeBen
11-13-2008, 10:39 AM
detroit... you have the lions(they are beyond awful) the red wings(defending stanley cup champions) the tigers(were good now bad) U of M (see tigers) the pistons( good)

stlrtruck
11-13-2008, 10:43 AM
Cleveland..you've got the browns, indians, and cavaliers. Of those 3 only the cavaliers have met any consistency with the talent they've got on the team. The other two constantly fail their fans and leave them with the chants, "Wait 'til next year"

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
11-13-2008, 10:51 AM
We all know it is Cincinatti...

TackleMeBen
11-13-2008, 10:55 AM
oh i forgot there is seattle.. you have the seahawks, mariners, and sonics.. oh wait they moved to oklahoma..lol

revefsreleets
11-13-2008, 11:03 AM
Cleveland hands down.

T.Richardson
11-13-2008, 11:23 AM
Seattle, the Seahawks, Mariners, and lost there basketball team.

warddj86
11-15-2008, 01:19 PM
if u asked me last year i would say miami, marlins were supposed to be bad, dolphins had 1 win, and the heat were last in the nba, as much as i hate to say it, boston is probably the best, celtics (champs), red sox (champs last year), and patriots (afc champs), as well as the bruins who aren't terrible

SteelCityMan786
11-15-2008, 01:25 PM
Philadelphia. Can't be happy unless they're booing. Not to mention only 1 title in the last close to 30 years.

T.Richardson
11-15-2008, 03:37 PM
Philadelphia. Can't be happy unless they're booing. Not to mention only 1 title in the last close to 30 years.

They boo everyone...even there own teams.

Godfather
11-15-2008, 05:22 PM
San Fran--the Giants have sucked for years, the Niners have sucked for years, and the Warriors have sucked for years.

X-Terminator
11-15-2008, 05:43 PM
San Fran--the Giants have sucked for years, the Niners have sucked for years, and the Warriors have sucked for years.

They do have the Sharks, who currently own the best record in the NHL.

PisnNapalm
11-15-2008, 06:22 PM
Cincy...

steelerstrade
11-15-2008, 10:07 PM
I think Cincinnati takes the cake after thinking about things here (if we give them the Bearcats)...Don't forget Oakland (A's, Raiders and Warriors if you say they are Oakland and don't include San Jose or San Fran teams). Also Toronto has the Blue Jays, the Maple Leafs and Raptors (Jays and Raptors are decent, Leafs stink). Washington DC has the awful Nationals and Wizards but the Redskins are better than predicted and Georgetown is pretty good in bball.

Galax Steeler
11-16-2008, 06:26 AM
Its a toss up between cleveland and cincinati.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
11-18-2008, 10:51 PM
Cleveland.

The Browns- "Red Right 88 " "The Drive" "The Fumble" "The Move" (F*** Moddell), and then watching our team constantly rebuild every 3 years, just as we think we're turning the corner.

The Tribe- Sucked in the 60's, 70's, '80's, were so bad had a movie making fun of how horrible they were, came back in 1994, and would've beat the Expos in the World Series that year, Lost to the Braves in '95, when the Braves were the Buffalo Bills of baseball of that time, and were statistically said to be the best team ever in baseball (per Chris Berman). Lost to the Marlins in '97, after having another awesome year, and losing to a joke team, with fans who could careless about the team, hurt even more. All our great players leave (Thome, Man-Ram), and then when we rebuild yet again after missing the playoffs by a few fluke losses, we go up 3-0 to boston only to not win a single game in which we could've easily won the world series that year.

The Cavs- The 70's we didn't really do anything special save "The Miracle at Richfield", The 80's we had Ted Stepian as an owner, google him up, and you'll see why they could have easily been the "Toronto Towers". In '89 we finally build ourselves up again to have Jordan knock us out of a potential NBA finals. He does that again multiple times, we suck again, A Bright spot shines through as we get an Akron Kid thats among the best in Basketball, but ESPN keeps pushing for him to leave.

...and thats Cleveland sports in a nutshell. Cincinati at least has the Big Red Machine of the 70's and a World Series title in 1990. We havn't won a damn thing since 1964.

iloveben7
11-18-2008, 11:09 PM
everyone, but Pittsburgh lol

tony hipchest
11-18-2008, 11:15 PM
dude. they just won the world series...

steelerstrade
11-25-2008, 11:43 PM
Cleveland has at least hope with the Cavs till LeBron leaves...ouch, the future may actually be really ugly again I suppose.

CB1977
11-26-2008, 11:37 AM
Cleveland has at least hope with the Cavs till LeBron leaves...ouch, the future may actually be really ugly again I suppose.

Bye Bye LeBron...have fun in NY.

I have to go with either Cincinnati or Detroit. You really didn't think I would say Cleveland, did you???? :)

STEELtownHAVOX
11-26-2008, 12:50 PM
For some reason while I was driving to work today this question popped up in my head. I was leaning towards Cincinnati like some have said.

steelerstrade
11-26-2008, 01:29 PM

I have to go with either Cincinnati or Detroit. You really didn't think I would say Cleveland, did you???? :)

Detroit??? Did you forget the Pistons and Red WIngs and the Tigers are just a couple years removed from the World Series (yes Lions stink, but even the Detroit Shock are good).

steelergirl07
11-26-2008, 06:26 PM
Seattle definately. Seahawks, Mariners, University of Washington (football anyways), and just lost the basketball team.

warddj86
11-26-2008, 10:28 PM

I sure hope not, the Cavs are my second-favorite sports teams, behind the Steelers, and it looks like this is our year for a championship, Steelers, Pens, Pirates, and Pitt basketball are my other favorite sports teams

stlrtruck
12-01-2008, 07:22 AM
After yesterday, I would have to say the 6 states making up the new england patriots* fan base!!!

TackleMeBen
12-01-2008, 10:05 AM
Detroit??? Did you forget the Pistons and Red WIngs and the Tigers are just a couple years removed from the World Series (yes Lions stink, but even the Detroit Shock are good).
but the lions suck so bad that they ruin it for the other three good teams that are in Detroit..lol:chuckle: