PDA

View Full Version : Parker going to play with a brace

Steelers-Shaun
11-14-2008, 08:12 AM
Well, what do we think of this? I personaly don't understand, why not rest him for these next to easier games along with ben. If we are losing then put him in! I just dont get the fact that we are riddled with injury's and dont seem to be trying to perserve what we have left. Whats next ....charlie batch on the field playing with a halo and neck brace?? :banging:

Dino 6 Rings
11-14-2008, 08:28 AM
I think he needs to be on the field in order to win now and secure a place for us in the Playoffs.

You can rest now and be in great shape to play Golf in January, or you can suck it up, play hard now and get us to the dance. Bottom line. Shut Up and Play through it.

Steelers-Shaun
11-14-2008, 09:02 AM
There wont be anything to "suck up" if bens arm falls off. We don't need ben or willie to win the next 2 games, period. The whole suck it up testosterone bullshit is just plain DUMB stradegy.

The_WARDen
11-14-2008, 09:33 AM
Are his legs okay? Yes? Then play him...RBs don't need shoulders. Just velcro the ball to his hands and off he goes!

:chuckle:

Steelers-Shaun
11-14-2008, 09:51 AM
Are his legs okay? Yes? Then play him...RBs don't need shoulders. Just velcro the ball to his hands and off he goes!

I would think willie needs his shoulder to break through defenders don't ya think ? They also already mentioned for ben not to throw the ball too high to him and i just hope the don't do what they did the last game he came back and pretty much completely take Moore out of the game.

klick81
11-14-2008, 10:10 AM
We need these guys to start winning consistently, and while Moore has been doing a sufficient job, Parker needs to bring us back up to par.

Bring Parker in.

MACH1
11-14-2008, 10:33 AM
I'd be more worried about him fumbling than anything. One good hit on that shoulder.

jjpro11
11-14-2008, 10:55 AM
the chargers are no walk in the park.. they always play us tough, their receivers always do good against us, and jamal williams will eat up our oline.. how is that an easy win? i can see resting someone for the cincy game since its a very short week and you should be able to win that game with a high school quarterback.. for the chargers game, you play the best players available.

fansince'76
11-14-2008, 11:16 AM
the chargers are no walk in the park.. they always play us tough, their receivers always do good against us, and jamal williams will eat up our oline.. how is that an easy win? i can see resting someone for the cincy game since its a very short week and you should be able to win that game with a high school quarterback.. for the chargers game, you play the best players available.

We're talking about a team that is currently 4-5 and barely squeaked out a home win against a 1-8 Chiefs team that was playing with 1/2 a defense. If we blow this one, we don't deserve to go to the playoffs. I agree that we should let Parker have some more time off and that Ben should probably sit the next two games out.

Dino 6 Rings
11-14-2008, 11:26 AM
There wont be anything to "suck up" if bens arm falls off. We don't need ben or willie to win the next 2 games, period. The whole suck it up testosterone bullshit is just plain DUMB stradegy.

Winning now is the strategy. Willie helps us win now.

If you can practice, you can play. No one is 100% at this point in the season. You do what you got to do and get your professional butt out on the field and get the team wins. bottom line.

steelreserve
11-14-2008, 11:32 AM

Yeah, seriously. I mean, it's not like Parker catches any passes anyway.

Edman
11-14-2008, 12:17 PM
We're playing a Chargers team that is an absolute juggernaut rumbling into Pittsburgh with a dominant record of 4-5 and sitting second place behind world beater 5-4 Denver in the AFC West, which also consists of championship caliber teams like the Chiefs and Raiders.

I agree with '76. If we blow this game, we don't deserve to be in the playoffs. 4:15 or not.

Steelers-Shaun
11-14-2008, 12:21 PM
Well edman, we are going to send special olympics parker in there with his shoulder brace, and gumby arm ben and genius Arians so who knows what will happen. Moore and Gary Coleman CAN HANDLE IT!

TerribleSteelyMcBeam
11-14-2008, 12:31 PM
This is the NFL, you are paid millions to get out and do work even if you arent 100%, no one on any team is expected to be 100%. If Ben or Willie can give the steelers an advantage to win, they should be played regardless of their injury report.

someone said it before, suck it up

Steelers-Shaun
11-14-2008, 12:48 PM
This is the NFL, you are paid millions to get out and do work even if you arent 100%, no one on any team is expected to be 100%. If Ben or Willie can give the steelers an advantage to win, they should be played regardless of their injury report.

someone said it before, suck it up

OK to the people that think the above......it is NOT about "sucking it up". Ben HAS been doing that and you see the results. You can only suck it up so much, if your hurt enough it is going to affect your play to the point where "sucking it up" hurts the team more than admiting your too hurt to play!!

The_WARDen
11-14-2008, 01:19 PM
It's very simple..at this point in the season, if everyone only played when they were 100% nobody would be able to field a team.

I doubt Ben's sore shoulder caused him to throw most of his picks...poor decisions and incomplete route running by certain wideouts contributed to the majority of picks.

The lack of practice/continuity hurts the passing game more than anything hence, Tomlin has the made practice or sit choice with Ben.

With Parker's shoulder, it pretty much comes down to his pain tolerance for this Sunday's game as is the case with anyone who's banged up.

:coffee:

steelreserve
11-14-2008, 01:26 PM

See, that's the problem right there. Parker doesn't give us an advantage over Moore even when he's healthy. And the way Ben's been playing, he's not been helping us either. Although Ben's problems seem like more of a result of bad decisions than injury.

randy06
11-14-2008, 01:31 PM
See, that's the problem right there. Parker doesn't give us an advantage over Moore even when he's healthy. And the way Ben's been playing, he's not been helping us either. Although Ben's problems seem like more of a result of bad decisions than injury.

How can you say that about Parker he is and will continue to be our starter.

fansince'76
11-14-2008, 01:34 PM
How can you say that about Parker he is and will continue to be our starter.

Simple, Parker isn't the Bus, and he didn't come out of college with a stud pedigree, and those are the real reasons a lot of people bash him.

All I know is:

Parker: 21-70, 3.3 YPC vs. the 5th-ranked rushing D in the league (Redskins).

Moore: 24-57, 2.4 YPC vs. the 24th-ranked rushing D in the league (Colts).

TerribleSteelyMcBeam
11-14-2008, 02:25 PM
parker is the franchise, and no he isnt the bus. there has been good work with splitting parker and moores touches per game. fast willie has just gotten a bit unlucky with the hits lately, but if he is ready to go... he needs to get back on the field.

Ben is just going thru another one of what i like to call "I would rather see kordell back" phases where nothing seems to be clicking. He will come thru, his 8 picks in the last three games cant go on forever. i look for him to have a coming out party this weekend

SteelMember
11-14-2008, 02:26 PM
Well edman, we are going to send special olympics parker in there with his shoulder brace, and gumby arm ben and genius Arians so who knows what will happen. Moore and Gary Coleman CAN HANDLE IT!

:huh: We signed gary coleman? Different Strokes gary coleman.:noidea:

I think Parker will start and play until he gets that first good lick. Then this will have all been for not.

Preacher
11-14-2008, 03:00 PM
:huh: We signed gary coleman? Different Strokes gary coleman.:noidea:

I think Parker will start and play until he gets that first good lick. Then this will have all been for not.

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j90/cranes19/ArnoldJackson-GaryColeman.jpg

What you talking about Willis?

BozMan
11-14-2008, 03:29 PM
I wonder if we'll see the dual RB "pony" backfield with Parker and Moore both in the lineup.

steelreserve
11-14-2008, 04:15 PM
I wonder if we'll see the dual RB "pony" backfield with Parker and Moore both in the lineup.

Of course not. If Parker is healthy, our coaching staff insists that our running game is Parker only, with a couple touches to someone else -- usually in situations that are telegraphed to the defense. If Parker isn't healthy, the running game is Moore only. That's not how you're supposed to do it, but that's how we do it anyway. So I don't expect them to learn any better in time for this game.

LVSteelersfan
11-14-2008, 05:21 PM
Arians and Tomlin seem too stubborn or STUPID to change things up a bit. The pony backfield could be ideal. As far as Parker getting injured, QUIT RUNNING HIM UP THE DAMN MIDDLE ALL THE TIME. He is an outside runner they are trying to turn into a power runner. Let him run out of bounds or get to the ground before he takes the big hit.

Galax Steeler
11-15-2008, 03:03 AM
Of course not. If Parker is healthy, our coaching staff insists that our running game is Parker only, with a couple touches to someone else -- usually in situations that are telegraphed to the defense. If Parker isn't healthy, the running game is Moore only. That's not how you're supposed to do it, but that's how we do it anyway. So I don't expect them to learn any better in time for this game.

Exactly I don't see why they can't change it up a little bit everyone knows what we are going to do if Parker starts then the deffense will play according to Parker they don't have to study game film on no one else.

augustashark
11-15-2008, 03:11 AM
If willie can play and the doc said ok, then he plays. He does make our team better (if he is healthy) and his speed is something we do miss when he is injured. We will see come Sunday afternoon.