PDA

View Full Version : Barry Melrose fired

X-Terminator
11-14-2008, 06:29 PM
Brought to you by the Tampa Bay Lightning, the biggest joke of a franchise run by the 2 biggest joke owners in all of sports. Even Bobby Nutjob isn't this bad. Dan Boyle? Lied to, humiliated and then traded. John Tortorella? Canned. Former GM Jay Feaster? Reduced to a glorified secretary before walking away. Now, Melrose is gone and Rick Tocchet takes over, making him their third HC in 7 months. I hope Ryan Malone is happy - he could have been chipping home passes from Evgeni Malkin and winning Stanley Cups with the Pens, but instead signed on to play for that Mickey Mouse organization for the next 7 years.

Poor Tocchet...he is inheriting a disaster. He deserves better.

The Tampa Bay Lightning have relieved head coach Barry Melrose of his duties and named associate coach Rick Tocchet interim head coach.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=2558...=topStory_main

Preacher
11-14-2008, 06:31 PM
How foolish.

Any man that is brave enough to wear a mullet as long as he did can do anything!!

:chuckle:

Seriously,

this early in the season? You gotta be kidding me.

X-Terminator
11-14-2008, 06:50 PM
How foolish.

Any man that is brave enough to wear a mullet as long as he did can do anything!!

:chuckle:

Seriously,

this early in the season? You gotta be kidding me.

It's all Barrie and Koules' doing. They have done nothing but pull snowjob after snowjob on people ever since taking over that team. They signed Boyle to that huge contract extension before the trade deadline and told him he was going to be a big part of their future. That future lasted about 6 weeks, before they decided they were going to dump him. They were going to dump him before the deadline, but Tortorella was the one who convinced those two boneheads to keep him. Ultimately they traded him and one of their other solid D-men in Brad Lukowich to the Sharks for Matt Carle, a minor league forward and a 1st round pick...then turned around and traded Carle to the Flyers for Steve Eminger, a sucky journeyman defenseman. Good job there! Then they fire Tortorella and hire Melrose, and convinced him and the Bolts' fans that they were going to be a rough and tumble team. And to further show that they were going to be that kind of team, they let their enforcer Andre Roy walk and traded away two of their toughest guys in Shane O'Brien and Nick Tarnasky for basically nothing. Good job again! I think Melrose had had enough of coaching a team that he had virtually no input in and didn't play the style that he wanted, so he bitched to the owners, who promptly fired him. The Lightning are a joke, and I've never seen owners run a team into the ground faster than Barrie and Koules have.

RoethlisBURGHer
11-14-2008, 07:22 PM
The TB Lightning are a joke. I hope the NHL contracts them.

devilsdancefloor
11-14-2008, 07:40 PM
That is sad barry is one of my favorites. Well im blackhawks fan and until dolla bill past away our team was crap. but we are on the rise again. the thing i didnt understand is them canning savard so early in the season as coach. i hope barry finds a job somewhere.:thumbsup::drink:

OneForTheToe
11-14-2008, 10:20 PM
I have no idea if Barry is a good coach in NHL's game today. However, I swear he was the only person at ESPN who knew anything about hockey. If nothing else, Disney please give Barry and his (new) mullet a home?

X-Terminator
11-14-2008, 11:50 PM
I have no idea if Barry is a good coach in NHL's game today. However, I swear he was the only person at ESPN who knew anything about hockey. If nothing else, Disney please give Barry and his (new) mullet a home?

ESPN already hired former Penguin Matt Barnaby to take his spot, so unless they decide to open up another spot for a guy in a sport they could give two shits about, I don't see him going back there. He may go to Canada or just lay low and cash in his paychecks from Binky and Krusty the Clowns for the next 2 and a half years.

SteelCityMan786
11-15-2008, 12:04 AM
The TB Lightning are a joke. I hope the NHL contracts them.

They'll probably end up moving.

Crushzilla
11-15-2008, 10:00 AM
They'll probably end up moving.

I wonder what the fan base down there is like?

If its anything like the Rays, who were in a pennant race and few people gave a crap, then maybe they should.

Is there a sport Tampians (?) give a crap about?

OneForTheToe
11-15-2008, 11:06 AM

If its anything like the Rays, who were in a pennant race and few people gave a crap, then maybe they should.

Shuffelboard? :wave::wink02:

fansince'76
11-15-2008, 12:48 PM

Shuffelboard? :wave::wink02:

That and Bingo. :chuckle:

MACH1
11-15-2008, 01:11 PM
The raiders of the nhl.

SteelCityMan786
11-15-2008, 01:13 PM

Football.

X-Terminator
11-15-2008, 01:34 PM
Football.

Yeah, football is king in Tampa.

The thing is that the Bolts are just 4 years removed from winning the Stanley Cup. Now, they've become the punchline of the NHL. So many people like to rag on the Thrashers, Isles and Maple Laffs, but at least those franchises have at least some stability, a FO that's reasonably sane and a storied past, especially the Isles and Laffs.

Memo to anyone considering playing for the Lightning - if one of the owners gets his hair frosted every week, you might not want to play for that guy.

SteelCityMan786
11-16-2008, 03:31 PM
Yeah, football is king in Tampa.

The thing is that the Bolts are just 4 years removed from winning the Stanley Cup. Now, they've become the punchline of the NHL. So many people like to rag on the Thrashers, Isles and Maple Laffs, but at least those franchises have at least some stability, a FO that's reasonably sane and a storied past, especially the Isles and Laffs.

Memo to anyone considering playing for the Lightning - if one of the owners gets his hair frosted every week, you might not want to play for that guy.

:sofunny::sofunny::sofunny:

stlrtruck
11-17-2008, 10:19 AM
Football.

Only when the scubs are winning. Other than that then it's on to "other" things. And in Tampa there are plenty of "other" things.