PDA

View Full Version : Hillary as Secretary of State??

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
11-14-2008, 08:17 PM
I think this would be a great position for Hillary

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/11/14/transition.wrap/index.html

Also, McCain and Obama have been having private meeting???
Could he be our next secretary of Defense??

Preacher
11-14-2008, 08:50 PM
I think it would be a horrible choice. First, it puts her and her husband too close to the seat of power. That will cause a number of problems, including the fact that I still beleive those two are out for themselves. Furthermore, it creates a situation where Obama may not be able to define his presidency against Clinton's, because there will be a shadow there.

I would say the same thing if a Republican president were to do that.

I said earlier that if Obama wanted to make true inroads (at least with the center-right republicans) he needs to reach out to McCain as a Sec. Def.

If he does that, it is a brilliant move. My own fear is that Iraq ends up getting hung around McCain's neck. . . as in "We'll let the GOP fix what they broke here." However, that is the "always suspicious" side of me.

In reality, that move makes a lot of sense, and for the military republicans, goes some way in easing concerns.

On the political side, it makes the GOP quite interesting, because there is about to be an internal fight between the Rhino's and the Elephants. McCain as a Rhino could have had quite a say as the last candidate with 47 percent of the popular vote in a bad election year. However, if he joins the administration, it really weakens the Rhino's in the internal politics of the GOP.

Fascinating stuff!!! I knew about Hillary before, but thanks for the Info on McCain. :thumbsup:

Vis
11-15-2008, 07:40 AM
The Sec of State travels constantly. Bill doesn't want to be near a power so much lessor than he had. He just wants her out of the house.

GBMelBlount
11-15-2008, 08:17 AM

I agree BBFW! It sure beats the ankle grabbing position many of us will be in when Obama implements his trillion dollar social fairness tax experiment. You know, his "trickle up" tax scheme :chuckle:

rbryan
11-15-2008, 08:59 AM
Sure....why not. Lets appoint Mickey Mouse the Sec of Defense while we're at it.

If you think things are bad now wait till Obama has his 4 years to really screw this country up. We will be longing for the days when our biggest concern was the price of gas.

Aimee_piano
11-15-2008, 09:40 AM

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/11/14/transition.wrap/index.html

Also, McCain and Obama have been having private meeting???
Could he be our next secretary of Defense??

I definatly agree with here, I love Hillary and that would be a great position for her!!
I don't know about John McCain as secratery of the defense,
As long as he isn't too over bearing I suppose.

MACH1
11-15-2008, 10:56 AM
Wow....That must be the change he's talking about. :doh:
I wonder how much Vaseline going to cost by the time he's done screwing us.

Preacher
11-15-2008, 12:28 PM
The Sec of State travels constantly. Bill doesn't want to be near a power so much lessor than he had. He just wants her out of the house.

:rofl:

You may have a point there.... and as Sec. State (husband) he may have access to some... um... interns?

SteelCityMan786
11-15-2008, 12:30 PM

He sure would love Lewinsky Scandal again. haha.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
11-15-2008, 12:30 PM
Sure....why not. Lets appoint Mickey Mouse the Sec of Defense while we're at it.

If you think things are bad now wait till Obama has his 4 years to really screw this country up. We will be longing for the days when our biggest concern was the price of gas.

Not Mickey Mouse,,, John McCain.... Didnt you read??:noidea:

MACH1
11-15-2008, 01:50 PM
http://www.thoseshirts.com/images/square-large-mic.jpg

tony hipchest
11-15-2008, 02:27 PM
wow. hillary over bill richardson? :dang: i just dont get it. it would be a total token cabinet post.

i know richardson is a bit more liberal when it comes to dealing with other nations, but he is more qualified, and theres something to be said for "speaking softly and carrying a big stick".

Preacher
11-15-2008, 03:11 PM
wow. hillary over bill richardson? :dang: i just dont get it. it would be a total token cabinet post.

i know richardson is a bit more liberal when it comes to dealing with other nations, but he is more qualified, and theres something to be said for "speaking softly and carrying a big stick".

ITs a political pick instead of a governing pick.

See, the thing is, I would rather have Richardson as well, because I trust him more. He reminds me more of what the democratic party used to be.

xfl2001fan
11-15-2008, 03:32 PM
If she becomes SECDEF, I will get out of the military. Period.

LambertIsGod58
11-15-2008, 08:26 PM
We could have it worse than Hillary as Secretary of State....try having John Kerry. That was one rumor I heard. I've never hated in politics more than John Kerry.

Preacher
11-15-2008, 08:39 PM
We could have it worse than Hillary as Secretary of State....try having John Kerry. That was one rumor I heard. I've never hated in politics more than John Kerry.

true, Kerry would be an absolute slap in the face.

Of the Dems, Evan Buyh (sp) would be acceptable to me as well, guy has a good head on his shoulders.

Obama would be smart to maybe reach out to Lieberman as well. It shows him "reaching across the aisle" without actually doing so. Furthermore, the GOP would have a hard time speaking negatively about him after this summer.

However, I doubt it would happen, because the governor of Connecticut is a Republican, and a republican would probably be assigned to the seat, limiting the Dems chance to break filibusters.

steelwall
11-15-2008, 08:49 PM
Mcain for SofD would be a wise choice on Obamas part. I'm still up in the air about secretary of state, allthough Richardson seems the wiser choice than Hilary, in terms of experiance.

Things got pretty nasty between Obama and Hilary, IMO if Hilary had any pride she's turn down the offer on principle, should such offer be made.

xfl2001fan
11-15-2008, 08:52 PM
Things got pretty nasty between Obama and Hilary, IMO if Hilary had any pride she's turn down the offer on principle, should such offer be made.

Is there any pride in politics?

steelwall
11-15-2008, 08:56 PM
Is there any pride in politics?

Absolutly not. Hense the problem with politicians.
Stick to your convictions, and you will earn my respect no matter what party you are from. Lot's of people bashed GWB and continue to do so. I myself admit he has made some mistakes, but then again what president hasent.

The one thing I respect about GWB is that he held to his convictions even when it wasent so popular. Leaders do that.

Polamalu Princess
11-15-2008, 09:06 PM
:shake01:If she has a chance to take the post...
...she may indeed be the next President of the USA.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
11-15-2008, 09:22 PM
:shake01:If she has a chance to take the post...
...she may indeed be the next President of the USA.

Its all the Democratic party plan.... 8 years of Obama, then Hilllary gets elected... (Has the experience of Sec. of State)... 8 years of hillary....

16 years of Democratic Presidency....:tt02:

Preacher
11-15-2008, 09:27 PM
Its all the Democratic party plan.... 8 years of Obama, then Hilllary gets elected... (Has the experience of Sec. of State)... 8 years of hillary....

Won't happen, she'll be 70. And everything that was said about McCain's age this time will simply be spewed right back at the dems in general and Hillary is particular.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
11-15-2008, 09:30 PM
Won't happen, she'll be 70. And everything that was said about McCain's age this time will simply be spewed right back at the dems in general and Hillary is particular.

Yes, but think of the experience she will have....... No one will be able to argue that.. Plus. the repbulicans argued that Mccain was not too old. so that would be a tough one.....
And if they do argue the age....remember....women live longer than men:flap:

Polamalu Princess
11-15-2008, 09:31 PM

??????:noidea:

I guess we are not understanding each other - LOL!:noidea:

MasterOfPuppets
11-15-2008, 09:32 PM
I...personally...would like to Never see hilary on my TV ever again....:noidea:

Preacher
11-15-2008, 09:33 PM
Yes, but think of the experience she will have....... No one will be able to argue that.. Plus. the repbulicans argued that Mccain was not too old. so that would be a tough one.....
And if they do argue the age....remember....women live longer than men:flap:

:chuckle:

Sexist!!! :laughing:

Actually, Hillaries best chance is if Obama has a horrible presidency, and there is a challenger in the next democrat primaries.

Will it happen? Nope.

fansince'76
11-15-2008, 09:34 PM
Yes, but think of the experience she will have....... No one will be able to argue that..

Didn't help McCain....

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
11-15-2008, 09:39 PM
Didn't help McCain....

Well.............He was running against Obama:noidea:

steelwall
11-15-2008, 09:41 PM
I...personally...would like to Never see hilary on my TV ever again....:noidea:

Dito: There is just something about her that strikes me wrong. She seems smug and arrogant. 2 qaulities that are repulsive. I'm not just saying that because she's a dem, there happens to be some Dems I like, she just happens to be one I extremely dislike.

Polamalu Princess
11-15-2008, 09:44 PM
Dito: There is just something about her that strikes me wrong. She seems smug and arrogant. 2 qaulities that are repulsive. I'm not just saying that because she's a dem, there happens to be some Dems I like, she just happens to be one I extremely dislike.

AMEN!

cubanstogie
11-15-2008, 09:46 PM

she is a C U Next Tuesday.

MasterOfPuppets
11-15-2008, 09:47 PM
what did hillary in for me, was the fact that her husband humiliated thier family in front of the entire world .... and she's still with him....so why???

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
11-15-2008, 09:48 PM
I believe many people do not like Hillary because Fox News attacks her every chance they get...

However... Im interested to see what fox news will say once McCain becomes secretary of defense (if he does)... Im sure Hannity will find a way to show its a horrible job for McCain and how he is a terrible choice for the job....

Preacher
11-15-2008, 09:49 PM
what did hillary in for me, was the fact that her husband humiliated thier family in front of the entire world .... and she's still with him....so why???

Actually, I give her respect for htat..... one of the few things I do give her respect for.

Polamalu Princess
11-15-2008, 09:50 PM

Again - Amen!:drink:

GBMelBlount
11-15-2008, 09:51 PM
she is a C U Next Tuesday.

Is that the day her new perfume line is coming out? I heard it's called "Hillary's Clintorus". :noidea:

Polamalu Princess
11-15-2008, 09:51 PM
:blah::blah::blah: AND :blah::blah::blah:I believe many people do not like Hillary because Fox News attacks her every chance they get...

However... Im interested to see what fox news will say once McCain becomes secretary of defense (if he does)... Im sure Hannity will find a way to show its a horrible job for McCain and how he is a terrible choice for the job....

MasterOfPuppets
11-15-2008, 09:52 PM
Actually, I give her respect for htat..... one of the few things I do give her respect for.anybody who will sacrifice thier pride, for personal gain , gets no respect from me....do you seriously think she forgave him for love? :coffee:

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Again - Amen!:drink:

So should they have gotten a divorce? I believe divorces are pretty against the bible?

MasterOfPuppets
Is that the day her new perfume line is coming out? I heard it's called "Hillary's Clintorus". :noidea:
:toofunny:

MasterOfPuppets
11-15-2008, 09:53 PM
So should they have gotten a divorce? I believe divorces are pretty against the bible?so is adultry

steelwall
11-15-2008, 09:54 PM
Actually, I give her respect for htat..... one of the few things I do give her respect for.

I would be inclined to agree, but my feeling is it was more out of political motivation than her own convictions...IMO

However, correct me if I'm wrong preach but doesnt the bible say the only grounds for seperation of husband and wife (divorce) is sexual imorality?

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
11-15-2008, 09:55 PM
so is adultry

I dont see any reason arguing why they did or didnt do anything with their marriage.
Thats somehting they worked out on their own........... and thats all that should matter.. Remember.... let he who has not sinned cast the first stone....(Right?)

tony hipchest
11-15-2008, 09:55 PM

amazing. when i say the same things about sarah palin, i am labeled as a "hater" on this board. (i doubt you will find the same scrutiny for such remarks).

but im pretty certain richardson can make much more headway than hillary, abroad, when it comes to foreign affairs.

hes accomplished more as a peon scrub. imagine what he can do when his post actually matters.

Polamalu Princess
11-15-2008, 09:56 PM
So should they have gotten a divorce? I believe divorces are pretty against the bible?

Do you know the Bible? What does it say about divorce?

Polamalu Princess
11-15-2008, 09:58 PM
Have a grand night friends! I am done for NOW!!!!

steelwall
11-15-2008, 09:59 PM
amazing. when i say the same things about sarah palin, i am labeled as a "hater" on this board. (i doubt you will find the same scrutiny for such remarks).

but im pretty certain richardson can make much more headway than hillary, abroad, when it comes to foreign affairs.

hes accomplished more as a peon scrub. imagine what he can do when his post actually matters.

Well I never called you a hater. People can flame me all they want about my opinion of Hilary, I don't mind.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
11-15-2008, 10:00 PM
Do you know the Bible? What does it say about divorce?

I just think its funny how "christians" go and judge other people.
To me........some of the people who claim to be "christians" are the ones who say the most unchristians things....

MasterOfPuppets
11-15-2008, 10:06 PM
I dont see any reason arguing why they did or didnt do anything with their marriage.
Thats somehting they worked out on their own........... and thats all that should matter.. Remember.... let he who has not sinned cast the first stone....(Right?)
not arguing.....just my opinion. anybody who lets someone disrespect them to that degree, and does nothing about it....isn't someone i want acting on my behalf. i'm not a religious person, so i call em as i see em

steelwall
11-15-2008, 10:13 PM
I just think its funny how "christians" go and judge other people.
To me........some of the people who claim to be "christians" are the ones who say the most unchristians things....

In what way did she judge anyone? She simply asked 2 questions.

Seems you are the one that is judging.

Preacher
11-15-2008, 10:14 PM
The bible and divorce:

In general, scripture says that God hates divorce.

In the Sermon on the Mount, Adultery is an exception. However, the context, both scriptural and cultural, was that adultery HAD to be dealt with by divorce in the Jewish law. Jesus was raising the bar to say that it is possible, but not necessary. In fact, he is creating a tougher interpretation of the law then both leading rabbinical schools, Shammai and Hillel, held to.

As a result, from divorce, a christian can divorce, but it is still not the best situation.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
11-15-2008, 10:16 PM
The bible and divorce:

In general, scripture says that God hates divorce.

In the Sermon on the Mount, Adultery is an exception. However, the context, both scriptural and cultural, was that adultery HAD to be dealt with by divorce in the Jewish law. Jesus was raising the bar to say that it is possible, but not necessary. In fact, he is creating a tougher interpretation of the law then both leading rabbinical schools, Shammai and Hillel, held to.

As a result, from divorce, a christian can divorce, but it is still not the best situation.

Okay, so correct me if i am wrong.

In the bible... Isnt marriage, giving your daugher away and gaining land or exchanging land... and wasnt it encouraged to have many wives?
and then over time marriage was shaped into what it is today?

and if this is true... then only the woman could commit adultry???

fansince'76
11-15-2008, 10:18 PM
Well.............He was running against Obama:noidea:

Cool! So that means all the Repubs have to do to take back the White House is to find someone with a paper-thin résumé who can give a good speech, promote him/her as a rock star rather than a presidential candidate and have him/her go on "tour" (formerly known as campaigning) parroting the mantras of "HOPE!" and "CHANGE!" about 50 million times without saying much else. Sounds simple enough. :thumbsup: :jammin:

MasterOfPuppets
11-15-2008, 10:19 PM
As a result, from divorce, a christian can divorce, but it is still not the best situation. unlike finding out the same time as the rest of the world, that your spouse is some kind of perverted freak. :laughing:

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
11-15-2008, 10:20 PM
Cool! So that means all the Repubs have to do to take back the White House is to find someone with a paper-thin résumé who can give a good speech, promote him/her as a rock star rather than a presidential candidate and have him/her go on "tour" (formerly known as campaigning) parroting the mantras of "HOPE!" and "CHANGE!" about 50 million times without saying much else. Sounds simple enough. :thumbsup: :jammin:

Is this Fox News?

fansince'76
11-15-2008, 10:21 PM
Is this Fox News?

Nope, just a concerned citizen who wasn't and isn't buying what Obama is selling.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
11-15-2008, 10:21 PM
unlike finding out the same time as the rest of the world, that your spouse is some kind of perverted freak. :laughing:

I dont think getting a blow job makes you a perverted freak... just a luck son of a bit@h

MasterOfPuppets
11-15-2008, 10:25 PM
I dont think getting a blow job makes you a perverted freak... just a luck son of a bit@hok.....but dipping cigars in the honey pot may qualify ya.....:laughing:

Preacher
11-15-2008, 10:25 PM

Tony,

Your opinions of Palin seemed to come pretty much a few days after she was on the scene. There is a difference between a few days and almost 2 decades on the national scene.

BTW, I don't see her as smug or arrogant anymore. I thought she was over the first couple years in teh whitehouse, but she went through some hard lessons. Do I trust her now? No. 8 years of the Clinton whitehouse makes it hard for me to trust her, including whitewater. However, smug and arrogant, nahhh.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
11-15-2008, 10:26 PM
ok.....but[/email] dipping cigars in the honey pot may qualify ya.....:laughing:

that qualifies for creativity...:tt02:

steelwall
11-15-2008, 10:27 PM
I dont think getting a blow job makes you a perverted freak... just a luck son of a bit@h

Perhaps, but cheating on your wife does make you an SOB....period.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
11-15-2008, 10:29 PM
Perhaps, but cheating on your wife does make you an SOB....period.

Now. that I agree with...but i dont thinks its our place to judge them on the choice they made to stay married

MasterOfPuppets
11-15-2008, 10:31 PM
Now. that I agree with...but i dont thinks its our place to judge them on the choice they made to stay married ok....so politicians AREN'T judged on thier personal lives.....EVER ???

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
11-15-2008, 10:32 PM
Tony,

Your opinions of Palin seemed to come pretty much a few days after she was on the scene. There is a difference between a few days and almost 2 decades on the national scene.

BTW, I don't see her as smug or arrogant anymore. I thought she was over the first couple years in teh whitehouse, but she went through some hard lessons. Do I trust her now? No. 8 years of the Clinton whitehouse makes it hard for me to trust her, including whitewater. However, smug and arrogant, nahhh.

Okay, when I said George Bush will go down as the worse president in history I was labled as a hater and immoral???

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
11-15-2008, 10:35 PM
ok....so politicians AREN'T judged on thier personal lives.....EVER ???

Not saying that they never should be............but to make it a reason to hate hillary clinton??

Instead of saying you do not like hillary clinton because her husband got a blow job. I would much rather you or anyone tell me things that she voted for or against that they do not agree with. or on her politics beliefs.

Preacher
11-15-2008, 10:46 PM
Okay, so correct me if i am wrong.

In the bible... Isnt marriage, giving your daugher away and gaining land or exchanging land... and wasnt it encouraged to have many wives?
and then over time marriage was shaped into what it is today?

and if this is true... then only the woman could commit adultry???

No, not in the new testament. Polygamy was pretty much gone by the time of the NT. Actually, even the OT banned polygamy. For instance, a king wasn't supposed to multiply to himself wives (which is interesting when you read about David and Salomon).

Actually, either sex could commit adultery, but only men has the authority to divorce. That is why Jesus' statement on divorce is so shocking, because it limits divorce. The school of Hillel said that divorce could be for any reason, as long as you gave a bill of divorce. The school of Shammai said it was only when adultery was committed. However, it was still a must. Jesus came and said that not only was divorce ONLY in case of adultery, but that it didn't NECESSITATE divorce. In truth, it was a protective measure for women because if the man did divorce them, they had only 2 or 3 options. Become a profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfilterprofanityfilter, a beggar, or hope the parents took her back.

I am attaching a short paper I wrote on this subject. It touches on some of these subjects.

EDIT: Nevermind. The paper is too large.

Preacher
11-15-2008, 10:49 PM
Okay, when I said George Bush will go down as the worse president in history I was labled as a hater and immoral???

Not by me.

I think it is a very biased opinion and too early historically. But that's my opinion.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
11-15-2008, 10:51 PM
No, not in the new testament. Polygamy was pretty much gone by the time of the NT. Actually, even the OT banned polygamy. For instance, a king wasn't supposed to multiply to himself wives (which is interesting when you read about David and Salomon).

Actually, either sex could commit adultery, but only men has the authority to divorce. That is why Jesus' statement on divorce is so shocking, because it limits divorce. The school of Hillel said that divorce could be for any reason, as long as you gave a bill of divorce. The school of Shammai said it was only when adultery was committed. However, it was still a must. Jesus came and said that not only was divorce ONLY in case of adultery, but that it didn't NECESSITATE divorce. In truth, it was a protective measure for women because if the man did divorce them, they had only 2 or 3 options. Become a profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfilterprofanityfilter, a beggar, or hope the parents took her back.

I am attaching a short paper I wrote on this subject. It touches on some of these subjects.

EDIT: Nevermind. The paper is too large.

So, according to Jesus?

Should Bill and Hillary get divorced.... Or is it better for her to forgive him.....

(because many of our christian friends on this forum think it is horrible that she is with him and hate her for it.... I dont think jesus hates her for it......... and i personally think its respectful that they could work through this)

fansince'76
11-15-2008, 10:51 PM
The school of Hillel said that divorce could be for any reason, as long as you gave a bill of divorce.

Is that around the time lawyers were invented - to collect the bill of divorce? :chuckle:

OK, I know.... :buttkick:

MACH1
11-15-2008, 10:53 PM

And Obama wasn't snorting coke he was just smelling it. :rolleyes:

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
11-15-2008, 10:54 PM
And Obama wasn't snorting coke he was just smelling it. :rolleyes:

:offtopic: :coffee:

Preacher
11-15-2008, 11:39 PM
So, according to Jesus?

Should Bill and Hillary get divorced.... Or is it better for her to forgive him.....

(because many of our christian friends on this forum think it is horrible that she is with him and hate her for it.... I dont think jesus hates her for it......... and i personally think its respectful that they could work through this)

Many people think the reason she stayed with him wasn't out of respect for marriage, but to leverage her husbands political career for her own.

That is why many think it is horrible.

I have my personal opinions, but nothing to back it up with. I appreciate the fact however, that she stood up even to the feminists that were upset she didn't divorce her husband.

Preacher
11-15-2008, 11:42 PM
Is that around the time lawyers were invented - to collect the bill of divorce? :chuckle:

OK, I know.... :buttkick:

:chuckle:

steelwall
11-16-2008, 02:09 AM
Not saying that they never should be............but to make it a reason to hate hillary clinton??

Instead of saying you do not like hillary clinton because her husband got a blow job. I would much rather you or anyone tell me things that she voted for or against that they do not agree with. or on her politics beliefs.

I don't think anyone in this entire thread has stated they "hated Hilary"....dislike, and hate are totally different things. I dislike her....yes...hate her....no. I don't hate anyone.

Who said they would not vote for Hilary because her husband recieved a BJ? Please direct me to that post or thread. People came down on BC for that. The question came, would it be moral for her to divorce him, in Christian terms, the answer is, yes, is it a requirement by Christianity? by all means....no.

Forgive me but noone voted for her because she was not on the card. Had she been on the card I would have voted against her, not because Bill disgraced the nation and lied under oath, that was him, she is a different person. I would not have voted for her because her policies are far from what I think needs to be done.

But to even insinuate someone would not vote for her because her husband cheated on her is flat out ridiculous.:noidea:

I have doubts that you are even fully reading the posts in this thread.

augustashark
11-16-2008, 04:24 AM
:offtopic: :coffee:

How was that off topic?:noidea:

Only a coke head would ever put Hill into the SS position.

Btw, it's not our fault that our current pres was a blow snortin thug at one time. Geesh, the facts are the facts.:thumbsup:

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
11-16-2008, 10:53 AM
But to even insinuate someone would not vote for her because her husband cheated on her is flat out ridiculous.:noidea:

I have doubts that you are even fully reading the posts in this thread.

Originally Posted by steelwall

Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets
Polamalu Princess
Again - Amen!

Are you reading the threads?

TroysBadDawg
11-16-2008, 10:59 AM

So is stealing, lying and bearing false witness against your neighbor. But show me a politician that hasn't and doesn't do them.

MACH1
11-16-2008, 11:08 AM
So is stealing, lying and bearing false witness against your neighbor. But show me a politician that hasn't and doesn't do them.

I'm pretty sure smoking those custom dipped cigars is too. :chuckle:

Preacher
11-16-2008, 11:21 AM
Originally Posted by steelwall

Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets
Polamalu Princess
Again - Amen!

Are you reading the threads?

Again, I don't think they are saying they wouldn't vote for her for those reasons, most if not all wouldn't vote for her simply because her last name is Clinton. Many believe the marriage is a political marriage at this point, with no love between the two.

Again, personally, I refuse to say. But in reading these threads, THAT is what I come away with, not the idea that because she didn't divorce him, they won't vote for her.

SteelCityMan786
11-16-2008, 12:15 PM
:rofl:

You may have a point there.... and as Sec. State (husband) he may have access to some... um... interns?

Who are these interns you speak of??? :sofunny::sofunny::sofunny::sofunny:

revefsreleets
11-16-2008, 02:35 PM
Hillary Clinton would make a fine SOS. She's also from the DLC school of thought, where they govern from the middle. Clinton is actually much, MUCH more moderate than Obama. Any balance we can get into the White House is going to help. She will also be a great barometer as to what the American people will stomach and what they won't, as the Clinton's pushed that envelope about as far as it will go.

Seriously, it's kind of ironic to watch people just hate on this pick. Who do you think Obama is going to pick, Elisabeth Dole? GWB? He's going to pick someone from his own party...the fact that he's considering Hillary and McCain speak volumes to me. The guy may really have the best interests of the Country at heart.

The WORST thing a president elect could do is surround himself with sycophants. A "New Democrat" in Hillary and a hawk in McCain would really help balance things out.

SteelCityMan786
11-16-2008, 03:03 PM
Barack will need some balance if he is truely going to bring the change he wants. Should go purely Democrat, he will have a tough time seeing a 2nd Term.

HometownGal
11-16-2008, 04:36 PM
I don't know about John McCain as secratery of the defense,
As long as he isn't too over bearing I suppose.

:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

Stick to playing that piano, Aimee.

That is all.

revefsreleets
11-16-2008, 04:50 PM
:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

Stick to playing that piano, Aimee.

That is all.

That was magnanimous Marianne. Piano Aimee probably deserves far less....like being completely ignored.

Preacher
11-16-2008, 05:02 PM
Hillary Clinton would make a fine SOS. She's also from the DLC school of thought, where they govern from the middle. Clinton is actually much, MUCH more moderate than Obama. Any balance we can get into the White House is going to help. She will also be a great barometer as to what the American people will stomach and what they won't, as the Clinton's pushed that envelope about as far as it will go.

Seriously, it's kind of ironic to watch people just hate on this pick. Who do you think Obama is going to pick, Elisabeth Dole? GWB? He's going to pick someone from his own party...the fact that he's considering Hillary and McCain speak volumes to me. The guy may really have the best interests of the Country at heart.

The WORST thing a president elect could do is surround himself with sycophants. A "New Democrat" in Hillary and a hawk in McCain would really help balance things out.

Again, I wouldn't mind seeing Evan Buyh. I disagree with him quite a bit, but for a dem, he would be a good balance.

Voted YES on continuing federal funds for declared "sanctuary cities". (Mar 2008)
Voted NO on comprehensive immigration reform. (Jun 2007)
Voted NO on declaring English as the official language of the US government. (Jun 2007)
Voted YES on eliminating the "Y" nonimmigrant guestworker program. (May 2007)
Voted YES on building a fence along the Mexican border. (Sep 2006)
Voted YES on establishing a Guest Worker program. (May 2006)
Voted YES on allowing illegal aliens to participate in Social Security. (May 2006)
Voted YES on giving Guest Workers a path to citizenship. (May 2006)
Rated 16% by USBC, indicating an open-border stance. (Dec 2006)
Voted YES on cutting $221M in benefits to Filipinos who served in WWII US Army. (Apr 2008)
Voted YES on requiring FISA court warrant to monitor US-to-foreign calls. (Feb 2008)
Voted YES on removing need for FISA warrant for wiretapping abroad. (Aug 2007)
Voted YES on limiting soldiers' deployment to 12 months. (Jul 2007)
Voted YES on implementing the 9/11 Commission report. (Mar 2007)
Voted YES on preserving habeas corpus for Guantanamo detainees. (Sep 2006)
Voted YES on requiring CIA reports on detainees & interrogation methods. (Sep 2006)
Voted YES on reauthorizing the PATRIOT Act. (Mar 2006)
Voted NO on extending the PATRIOT Act's wiretap provision. (Dec 2005)
Voted YES on restricting business with entities linked to terrorism. (Jul 2005)
Voted YES on restoring $565M for states' and ports' first responders. (Mar 2005)
Voted YES on adopting the Comprehensive Nuclear Test Ban Treaty. (Oct 1999)
Voted YES on allowing another round of military base closures. (May 1999)
Voted YES on cutting nuclear weapons below START levels. (May 1999)
Voted YES on deploying National Missile Defense ASAP. (Mar 1999)
Voted YES on military pay raise of 4.8%. (Feb 1999)
Rated 30% by SANE, indicating a pro-military voting record. (Dec 2003)
Hiding sources made post-9-11 analysis impossible. (Jul 2004)
CIA depends too heavily on defectors & not enough on HUMINT. (Jul 2004)
Administration did not pressure CIA on WMD conclusions. (Jul 2004)
Voted YES on promoting free trade with Peru. (Dec 2007)
Voted NO on free trade agreement with Oman. (Jun 2006)
Voted NO on implementing CAFTA for Central America free-trade. (Jul 2005)
Voted YES on establishing free trade between US & Singapore. (Jul 2003)
Voted YES on establishing free trade between the US and Chile. (Jul 2003)
Voted YES on extending free trade to Andean nations. (May 2002)
Voted YES on granting normal trade relations status to Vietnam. (Oct 2001)
Voted YES on removing common goods from national security export rules. (Sep 2001)
Voted YES on permanent normal trade relations with China. (Sep 2000)
Voted YES on expanding trade to the third world. (May 2000)
Build a rule-based global trading system. (Aug 2000)
Free & fair trade is key to economic growth . (Jan 2001)
Rated 33% by CATO, indicating a mixed record on trade issues. (Dec 2002)

Voted YES on enlarging NATO to include Eastern Europe. (May 2002)
Voted YES on killing a bill for trade sanctions if China sells weapons. (Sep 2000)
Voted NO on cap foreign aid at only $12.7 billion. (Oct 1999)
Progressive Internationalism: globalize with US pre-eminence. (Aug 2000)
Suspend Russia's participation in the G-8. (Feb 2005)

Lke I said, not bad for a dem. Middle left. I think he would be a good Sec. State.

Dino 6 Rings
11-16-2008, 08:28 PM
Clinton...wow, what "Change" I'm almost at a loss for words at all the "change" I'm seeing in B.O.'s choices for his staff and administration. Blown away at the huge amount of new names and faces and clean fresh ideas he's bringing...

Wow...this is Change...amazing.

revefsreleets
11-16-2008, 08:42 PM
If he brought in a bunch of 5th graders he'd be criticized.

If he brought in a bunch of people nobody knew, he'd be criticized.

He seems to be assembling a pretty competent and diverse team.

I'm not going to criticize him for that.

Polamalu Princess
11-16-2008, 08:57 PM
God help us all. Can we please stop this and get on to other things. It all sucks, no matter what side you are on.

Let's just agree to disagree and say God bless America and keep us safe.

Preacher
11-16-2008, 10:14 PM
If he brought in a bunch of 5th graders he'd be criticized.

If he brought in a bunch of people nobody knew, he'd be criticized.

He seems to be assembling a pretty competent and diverse team.

I'm not going to criticize him for that.

Rev,

I wondering what you think of Buyh...

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
11-16-2008, 10:28 PM
Rev,

Wanna know what I think of Bush:laughing:

tony hipchest
11-16-2008, 10:40 PM
Well I never called you a hater. People can flame me all they want about my opinion of Hilary, I don't mind.im not labeling you a hater either. :cheers:

i just find it amazing (and somewhat ironic) that bashing hillary on this board is applauded, celebrated, and almost encouraged, yet people get so outraged if anything negative is said about the beloved sarah mary, mother of God.

i dont think hillary is the best person for this post but one cannot deny that she is a power broker in US politics.

also, i see many bemoaning the amount of "change" barack has promised with the clinton administration appointees. for those who dont get it, the "change" was delivered as soon as bush and the republicans are removed from the white house.

that was the change that was promised and for that, he delivered.

augustashark
11-17-2008, 12:13 AM
im not labeling you a hater either. :cheers:

i just find it amazing (and somewhat ironic) that bashing hillary on this board is applauded, celebrated, and almost encouraged, yet people get so outraged if anything negative is said about the beloved sarah mary, mother of God.

i dont think hillary is the best person for this post but one cannot deny that she is a power broker in US politics.

also, i see many bemoaning the amount of "change" barack has promised with the clinton administration appointees. for those who dont get it, the "change" was delivered as soon as bush and the republicans are removed from the white house.that was the change that was promised and for that, he delivered.

LOL, you guys are already lowering expectations. I love it. By the time he hits the WH its going to be a success as long as he does not allow his past coke heads to sleep in the Lincoln bedroom.:thumbsup:

revefsreleets
11-17-2008, 09:39 AM
Rev,

Some Democrats call him "Our Republican in Democratic clothing"

That's a good testimonial to me. He's a "New Democrat", governs from the center, has experience. Two terms as Governor, 10 years in the Senate, knows Foreign policy. Sure...

Preacher
11-17-2008, 09:14 PM
Some Democrats call him "Our Republican in Democratic clothing"

That's a good testimonial to me. He's a "New Democrat", governs from the center, has experience. Two terms as Governor, 10 years in the Senate, knows Foreign policy. Sure...

I haven't checked out Tony's guy Richardson as much yet.

How is he as opposed to Buyh?

revefsreleets
11-18-2008, 07:58 AM
Richardson is solid. He's been "in the loop" since the Nixon administration, was a congressman and Sec of Energy, so he knows how to get things done. He also breaks with his party (he pushed for conceal carry in NM). He's an impressive candidate. He was nominated for a Nobel Peace prize for negotiating hostage releases, and the dude knows foreign policy inside and out.

tony hipchest
11-18-2008, 11:47 AM
heres some more info on richardson-

most importantly, hes in the guinness book of world records for most hand shakes in an 8 hour span by a politician (breaking teddy roosevelts record).

he is a very progressive, forward thinking big picture, politician.

-bachelors in french and political science, masters in international affairs.

-Ambassador to the United Nations

Richardson was nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize for negotiating the release of hostages, American servicemen, and political prisoners in North Korea, Iraq, and Cuba.

Richardson spent a little more than 14 years in Congress, during which time he represented the country's most diverse district and held 2,000 town meetings

While in the House, Richardson sponsored bills such as the Indian Tribal Justice Act, the American Indian Religious Freedom Act Amendments, the American Indian Trust Fund Management Reform Act, the American Indian Agricultural Resource Management Act, the Indian Dams Safety Act, the Tribal Self-Governance Act, the Indian Tribal Jurisdiction Bill (commonly known as the “Duro Fix”) and the Jicarilla Apache Tribe Water Rights Settlement Act.

Clinton in turn sent Richardson on various foreign policy missions, including a trip in 1996 in which Richardson traveled to Baghdad with Peter Bourne and engaged in lengthy one-on-one negotiations with Saddam Hussein to secure the release of two American aerospace workers who had been captured by the Iraqis after wandering over the Kuwaiti border.

Richardson also visited Nicaragua, Guatemala, Cuba, Peru, India, North Korea, Bangladesh, Nigeria, and Sudan to represent U.S. interests and met with Slobodan Milosevic.[6] Due to these missions, Richardson was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize three times

Richardson tightened security as a result of the scandal, along with becoming the first Energy Secretary with a plan to dispose of nuclear waste.[6] He created the Director for Native American Affairs position in the Department in 1998, and in January 2000 oversaw the largest return of federal lands, 84,000 acres (340 km²), to an Indian Tribe (the Northern Ute Tribe of Utah) in more than 100 years.[16] Richardson also directed the overhaul of the Department's consultation policy with Native American tribes and established the Tribal Energy Program.

in January 2001, Richardson took on a number of different positions. He was an adjunct professor at Harvard University's Kennedy School of Government.
In 2000, Bill Richardson was awarded a United States Institute of Peace Senior Fellowship. He spent the next year researching and writing on the negotiations with North Korea and the energy dimensions of U.S. relations.

In early 2005, Richardson made New Mexico the first state in the nation to provide $400,000 in life insurance coverage for New Mexico National Guardsmen who serve on active duty. Thirty-five states have since followed suit

During the summer of 2003, he met with a delegation from North Korea at their request to discuss concerns over that country's use of nuclear energy. At the request of the White House, he also flew to North Korea in 2005, and met with another North Korean delegation in 2006. On December 7, 2006, Richardson was named as the "Special Envoy for Hemispheric Affairs" for the Secretary General of the Organization of American States

In 2006, Forbes credited Richardson's reforms in naming Albuquerque, New Mexico the best city in the U.S. for business and careers. The Cato Institute, meanwhile, has consistently rated Richardson as one of the most fiscally responsible Democratic governors in the nation.

In December 2005, Richardson announced the intention of New Mexico to partner with billionaire Richard Branson to bring space tourism to the proposed Spaceport America located near Las Cruces, New Mexico.

On September 7, 2006, Richardson flew to Sudan to meet Sudanese President Omar Al-Bashir and successfully negotiated the release of imprisoned journalist Paul Salopek. Salopek had been charged by the Sudanese with espionage on August 26, 2006, while on a National Geographic assignment.

In January 2007, at the request of the Save Darfur Coalition, he brokered a 60-day cease fire between al-Bashir and leaders of several rebel factions in Darfur, the western Sudanese region. The cease-fire never became effective, however, with allegations of breaches on all sides

During New Mexico's most recent legislative session, Richardson signed a bill into law that made New Mexico the 12th state to legalize marijuana for medical reasons. When asked if this would hurt him in a Presidential election, he stated that it did not matter, as it was "the right thing to do."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Richardson

Dino 6 Rings
11-18-2008, 04:27 PM
also, i see many bemoaning the amount of "change" barack has promised with the clinton administration appointees. for those who dont get it, the "change" was delivered as soon as bush and the republicans are removed from the white house.

that was the change that was promised and for that, he delivered.

Tony, I call BillShut on this one.

That was not the "change" that was promised. He talked about changing the culture of politics all together, his change did not indicate he meant a turn back the clock change to the 1990s. Sorry but he spoon fed a "change" for the future. And he's really just putting ex-clinton people all over his staff.

Rahm Emanuel (Clintons Senior Advisor for Policy and Strategy. ties to Freddie Mac failure)
Gregory Craig (Clintons impeachment lawyer)
Eric Holder (Deputy Attorney General under Clinton)
John Podesta (Chief of Staff for Clinton)

tony hipchest
11-18-2008, 04:49 PM
Tony, I call BillShut on this one.

That was not the "change" that was promised. He talked about changing the culture of politics all together, his change did not indicate he meant a turn back the clock change to the 1990s. Sorry but he spoon fed a "change" for the future. And he's really just putting ex-clinton people all over his staff.

Rahm Emanuel (Clintons Senior Advisor for Policy and Strategy. ties to Freddie Mac failure)
Gregory Craig (Clintons impeachment lawyer)
Eric Holder (Deputy Attorney General under Clinton)
John Podesta (Chief of Staff for Clinton)a democrat appointing experienced former democratic white house staffers? :jawdrop:

change is coming. we will all plant a tree and then go out and hug it. :sofunny:

i think we can all agree that the "culture" of politics has already taken a change. i expect the change in washington will be more on philosophy and ideals, but realize we will never rid DC of politicians, therefore, the first major change will be simply replacing alot of republicans with qualified democrats.

i expect obama to surround himself with experienced people and then lead them.

what kind of "change" would you have liked to see with all his appointees? although it would be a definite "change", he's not gonna appoint a bunch of hippies and terrorists...

Dino 6 Rings
11-19-2008, 12:31 PM
-- Rahm Emanuel, former Clinton aide, as White House chief of staff.

-- Eric Holder, deputy attorney general under Clinton, as attorney general.

-- Jacob Lew, Clinton's budget director, as director of the National Economic Council.

-- Peter Orszag, former economic adviser to Clinton, as White House budget director.

-- Rand Beers, assistant secretary of state for international narcotics and law enforcement under Clinton, as Homeland Security secretary or national security official.

-- John Hamre, second-ranking civilian in the Defense Department under Clinton, as Defense Secretary.

-- Raymond Kelly, senior Treasury Department official under Clinton, as Homeland Security secretary.

-- Dan Reicher, environmental advocate in the Clinton administration, as energy secretary.

And now, Tom Daschle. A real winner, lost relection to the Senate in 2004.

Sigh...what makes these people qualified? The fact they served at some point under clinton? If that's all it takes, Michelle may want to review the Interns that Obama hires.

And to think, I almost missed making fun of the Clintons and poking at them for the last 8 years, now I get to do it again, pick on the Clintons.

revefsreleets
11-19-2008, 02:04 PM
Bottom line:

The Dems dished it for 8 years. Now you're gonna have to take it. That's how the game is played.

Preacher
11-19-2008, 04:06 PM
Bottom line:

The Dems dished it for 8 years. Now you're gonna have to take it. That's how the game is played.

Sadly, it is true.

However, they REALLY ramped up the rhetoric. So it is going to be coming back in spades.

tony hipchest
11-19-2008, 04:13 PM
Sadly, it is true.

However, they REALLY ramped up the rhetoric. So it is going to be coming back in spades.

i know you are so what am i? remember- "2 wrongs dont make a right".

and was the "spades" comment a slur on obama? :sofunny:

anyways, i still dont see which direction Dino5rings would like obama to take his cabinet in. hes gotta hire politicians and washington professionals. its not like he can bring in a bunch of farm animals in the name of "change".

i listed bill richardson and a ton of examples of why he would be an excellent SOS and that wouldnt be good enough for some people because he comes from clintons cabinet. :doh: i just dont get it.

Preacher
11-19-2008, 06:00 PM
i know you are so what am i? remember- "2 wrongs dont make a right".

and was the "spades" comment a slur on obama? :sofunny:

anyways, i still dont see which direction Dino5rings would like obama to take his cabinet in. hes gotta hire politicians and washington professionals. its not like he can bring in a bunch of farm animals in the name of "change".

i listed bill richardson and a ton of examples of why he would be an excellent SOS and that wouldnt be good enough for some people because he comes from clintons cabinet. :doh: i just dont get it.

Spades was actually a slur against Biden.. Their both pointy at the top. :chuckle:

Honestly, I think Richardson or Buyh would be good. Neither seem to be "partisan" like Pelosi or such. I think some of the reaction is the fact that Emanuel and Daschle do come across as partisans, and part of Obama's message seemed to be that "change" meant a change from partisanship.

BTW, that is one of the issues that Obama is going to have I think. BY not defining change more narrowly, everyone has their idea of what change is. It works great in elections. However, if he doesn't bring the troops home QUICKLY, many on the left will get upset that he didn't "change." Others will associate other things.

It will be fascinating to see how he more narrowly defines change in teh future.

Bush had to do it with "Compassionate Conservatism"

revefsreleets
11-20-2008, 11:15 AM
My point is that the left launched and sustained an unprecedented campaign of hate against Bush. It was impossible to think that after lowering the bar that far there would not be retaliation...

I'm not really interested in going there myself, but I'm also going to pay close attention to what Obama does...I love my country and I'm deeply worried about all the crisis' we are in.

Preacher
11-20-2008, 02:28 PM
My point is that the left launched and sustained an unprecedented campaign of hate against Bush. It was impossible to think that after lowering the bar that far there would not be retaliation...

I'm not really interested in going there myself, but I'm also going to pay close attention to what Obama does...I love my country and I'm deeply worried about all the crisis' we are in.

Quoted and bolded for emphasis.

:hatsoff::hatsoff:

revefsreleets
11-21-2008, 09:47 AM
Just pulled a report off the AP wire that confirms Hillary will be named SecState after Thanksgiving. Looks like this is a done deal.

Dino 6 Rings
11-21-2008, 10:05 AM
who? never heard of this woman?

this must be part of B.O.'s change.

Preacher
11-21-2008, 07:22 PM
Just pulled a report off the AP wire that confirms Hillary will be named SecState after Thanksgiving. Looks like this is a done deal.

Wow. :doh:

MACH1
11-21-2008, 07:43 PM
Now that's change you can believe in!

Polamalu Princess
11-21-2008, 08:09 PM
God help us all...

Preacher
11-21-2008, 11:32 PM
Funny thing, I had a conversation with my former church secretary, who was a big Hillary supporter. She was saddened by the news as well. She too was hoping for Tony's guy in New Mexico!

tony hipchest
11-21-2008, 11:51 PM
Funny thing, I had a conversation with my former church secretary, who was a big Hillary supporter. She was saddened by the news as well. She too was hoping for Tony's guy in New Mexico!hes now the front runner for the secretary of commerce.

hes definitely qualified (probably over qualified) and it would be a good move for obamas administration (richardson would be helping them more than vice versa).

i'd hate to lose him as our gov. for such a lowly cabinet post, but he would be good in that position.

Preacher
11-22-2008, 10:42 PM
hes now the front runner for the secretary of commerce.

hes definitely qualified (probably over qualified) and it would be a good move for obamas administration (richardson would be helping them more than vice versa).

i'd hate to lose him as our gov. for such a lowly cabinet post, but he would be good in that position.

Why would you have him there, instead of energy (which I beleive he had last time)?

Just wondering... again, I don't know a lot about him.

tony hipchest
11-22-2008, 11:54 PM
Why would you have him there, instead of energy (which I beleive he had last time)?

Just wondering... again, I don't know a lot about him.great question. i think re-taking the energy secretary post would be a sidewards step, if not a backwards one from his current position. commerce secretary isnt glamorous, but it is possibly a post where he can have a great impact, plus increase his resume. were in economic turmoil, moreso than in an energy crisis.

you have already posted on mini-nuclear reactors (developed in NM) used to power homes. check this out.

http://www.redorbit.com/news/business/1530327/raser_technologies_chairman_joins_governor_bill_ri chardson_in_announcing_the/index.html

Raser Technologies Chairman Joins Governor Bill Richardson in Announcing the First Geothermal Power Project in New Mexico
Posted on: Friday, 22 August 2008, 15:00 CDT

Raser Technologies (NYSE Arca: RZ) today joined with New Mexico governor Bill Richardson, former United States Secretary of Energy, to announce the beginning of the construction phase of the first commercial geothermal power project in New Mexico. Raser Chairman Kraig Higginson introduced Raser's geothermal power project at Lightning Dock near Animas, New Mexico along with its unique geothermal development process. Joining Mr. Higginson and Governor Bill Richardson in the announcement were other state officials including Fred Mondragon, Director of Economic Development, and Mark Fesmire, Director of the Oil Conservation Division for the State of New Mexico.

"In the clean energy state of New Mexico, we are working hard to bring more renewable energy online," said Governor Richardson. "Our state has already shown leadership in developing wind and solar energy resources. Now we are proud to be one of the first states to deploy new technology with Raser, that will help unlock our geothermal resources for power production without damaging our environment."

The power plant will be one of the first in the country to use new low temperature geothermal power generation technology in a proprietary modular power plant design by Raser Technologies. Raser teamed with UTC Power, a United Technologies Corp. (NYSE: UTX) company, to develop a rapid deployment strategy utilizing their new PureCycle(R) power generation units that are now being delivered to Raser's project site near Animas, New Mexico. This rapid deployment strategy significantly accelerates the time-line for developing a geothermal power plant. One of Raser's UTC Power PureCycle(R) modular power generation units was on display at the governor's office in Albuquerque on its way to be delivered to the site of the Lightning Dock power plant.

Senator Jeff Bingaman, United States Senator from New Mexico and Chairman of the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee, stated, "I am pleased that Raser Technologies has begun construction of New Mexico's first geothermal power plant. This marks an important step forward for utility-scale, clean, renewable energy. We should be using our geothermal assets more, and the unique technology applied to this plant will allow that to happen."

Lightning Dock was one of many geothermal wells drilled in New Mexico over 20 years ago during the last energy crisis, but it was not hot enough to generate electric power using the technology available at the time. Today, using new technology, this site along with many others across the state and throughout the west can become productive geothermal power plants converting available heat into electric power at a very competitive market price. The first commercial geothermal power plant in New Mexico is anticipated to begin producing 10 megawatts (MW) of clean renewable energy by early next year. Phase two of the project will expand the plant to 20-25 MW of power, enough to power nearly 15,000 homes.
bill richardson is behind initiatives that are not only energy efficient but economically sound and perhaps groundbreaking.

he is pushing for new oil drilling in the rocky mountain region. the oil rebates palin gave to alaskans? richardson did that with natural gass revenues for new mexicans (although not on such a grand scale).

he has done great things to expand the filming industry in NM (santa fe and albq now have large studio's and college programs).

and i am 100% bullish on the economic impact space travel will have on our region (and the world) in the next 30-40 years, by sharing and embracing richard bransons dream of "spaceport america".

like i posted above, he is known as a tax cutting democrat who is one of the most fiscally responsible gov's in the nation.

partially due to his vision albuquerque is most likely to be the next phoenix or las vegas of the sun belt cities.

by no means are we a rich state, (just take a ride through gallup NM, as i am about to do tomorrow on my way to laughlin, and you will think you are in a 3rd world nation) but it is getting better.

i like him because most people like him. theres not even much republicans can say to knock him. he should be a great national public servant, yet again.

while more than qualified for the commerce post, i would definitely agree hes MOST qualified for secretary of state or energy. but oil isnt going away until it is all used up, and world peace (or peace in general) is just a pipedream.

i have faith in him helping and making some impact with out with the economy.

i know some will simply hate him because he is yet another clinton holdover, but many more should respect and appreciat his vision of "change" and advancement.

Preacher
11-23-2008, 04:57 PM
i know some will simply hate him because he is yet another clinton holdover, but many more should respect and appreciat his vision of "change" and advancement.

Funny line.

There are usually two things in the Dem party I truly distrust. The Clinton Machine and the Chicago Daly machine (project that back on our political discussions :chuckle:).

However, the more I read about Richardson, the more I see he is someone that I would be very comfortable with as a president (again, the abortion plank in the dem platform wouldn't allow me to vote dem, but that is different issue). He seems to be a guy, much like Colin Powell IMO, that I like to see in Washington DC regardless of what party he serves in.

I like those ideas of his. If he also supports the small nuclear plants and champions a combination of those with the natural gas and oil drilling as you discussed, he could probably be the one guy that really breaks the deadlock on the issue. I would be very supportive of that.