PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Aliquippa!

Steelcitygal87
11-15-2008, 12:06 PM
Hello everyone. I am from Aliquippa( home of Mike Ditka, Ty Law and Darelle Revis), which is about 30 mins. north of downtown Pittsburgh. I attended my first Steeler game on opening day against the Texans! I LOVED every minute of it! The experience/atmosphere was all I had hoped for and MORE. The people around me were very nice and friendly. I had been wanting to attend a game since I was a little girl and used to watch the games on tv with my dad( he passed in 87). He is the one who got me into watching football and before long I developed a real passion for it. He always used to tell me he hoped I would get a chance to see a Steeler game in person( he couldn't take me because he was very ill most of my childhood). I couldn't help but think of him while I was in the stands enjoying the game. :drink:

Anyways, I LOVE football( college and pro) , fav college team is Penn State. The Steelers, of course are my fav. pro team, but I also enjoy watching and have a lot of respect for.....The Colts( love Dungy). I am a big hockey fan too...love the PENS. Actually about the only sport I do not care to watch is pro basketball. College bball is great though. I enjoy watching March madness.

My favorite Steeler players: Harrison, Woodley, H. Miller, Troy, and Foote. As you can see I am a defensive minded gal :tt03:

Favorite players..non Steelers: Wes Welker, Peyton Manning, Reggie Wayne, K. Jenkins, Tuck, and Kurt Warner...just to name a few.

my favorite old time Steeler is Jack Ham.

Happy to be a member of the site.

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!!!:tt02::tt03:

DAWN

fansince'76
11-15-2008, 12:14 PM
Welcome to the board, Dawn! :cheers:

Steelcitygal87
11-15-2008, 12:20 PM
Welcome to the board, Dawn! :cheers:

Thank you very much for the welcome.

btw..love the pig lol very cute.

Go STEELERS!!:tt03:

Dawn

Galax Steeler
11-16-2008, 06:09 AM
Welcome to the board.

SteelersMongol
11-16-2008, 10:58 AM
Welcome & enjoy.

SteelCityMan786
11-16-2008, 12:20 PM
Welcome to Steelers Fever.

Steelcitygal87
11-17-2008, 11:47 AM
Thanks for the welcome, everyone! :)

Go Steelers and Pens!

HometownGal
11-18-2008, 07:41 AM
Hiya SCG87 and welcome to the #1 Steelers fansite anywhere! :wave::tt03::tt02: We're happy to have you as a member of our black 'n gold family! :drink:

Steelcitygal87
11-18-2008, 07:51 AM
Hiya SCG87 and welcome to the #1 Steelers fansite anywhere! :wave::tt03::tt02: We're happy to have you as a member of our black 'n gold family! :drink:

Thank you for the welcome! :drink:

Go Steelers!! :tt03::tt02::helmet:

Moonlite37
11-18-2008, 08:47 AM
All hail to you Steeler Fan!:tt02:

I had a friend who is a keyboardist from Aliquippa! I lost track of him some years ago. his name was Reggie Jones and his band was called Rare Experience. Anyway welcome!

Steelcitygal87
11-18-2008, 09:57 AM
All hail to you Steeler Fan!:tt02:

I had a friend who is a keyboardist from Aliquippa! I lost track of him some years ago. his name was Reggie Jones and his band was called Rare Experience. Anyway welcome!

Thank you for the welcome! That is cool about your friend. The band name sounds familiar.

GO STEELERS!! Crush the Bengals!! :tt03::cheer:

Dawn