PDA

View Full Version : lets pretend here

tony hipchest
12-08-2005, 09:10 PM
steelers make the playoffs but dont reach the ultimate goal

you are the steelers org. and i am t.o.

i call and say you think i could help. ( i realize i wont be paid as the highest wr in the league but damn, here is the 1 org in the league that no one would ever expect to even accept my call, considering offering me a chance to resurrect my career and repair my image. ultimately, in the long run, that brings me more $$$.) you have been strong defensively for the last 15 years so that wont change, and regardless of transitions in the running game me, hines, ben and heath can ALWAYS carry this team... for years to come if me and you so decide.

you know what? im gonna take a chance on you guys and play for alot less money and totally devote myself to the team and winning a sb. i would like to help ben and hines get on their way to hall of fame careers and win a few champs and hopefully earn my way into the hall also.

to prove i am sincere i am willing to sign for a 2 million dollar signing bonus, league minimum, and a few incentive clauses. 1 rewarding me for helping this team achieve championship status.

ultimately i know playing for an organization with such dedication to having players of the utmost character and the dedication to winning would be the best opportunity for me and my career. i want to be a part of this team rather than being THE team.

what do you say?

Koopa
12-08-2005, 10:18 PM
well since we are pretending, i would jump on that in a min. but i'd put in his contract if he acts up the contract can be terminated and he won't get a penny.

SteelCityMan786
12-08-2005, 10:23 PM
I'll Take Him ONLY IF He Is willing to clean up his act. If he Tries to destroy us I will Request that Mr. Rooney Terminate his contract.

tony hipchest
12-08-2005, 10:55 PM
well since we are pretending, i would jump on that in a min. but i'd put in his contract if he acts up the contract can be terminated and he won't get a penny.

i bet thats in his contract no matter what team he playes for. right now his back is against the wall and he has no choise but to accept such a contract. his advisors should be smart enough to convince him of this unless he is ready to retire. he would be like michael jordan trying to play baseball if he thought he could start a basketball career right now.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-08-2005, 10:56 PM
We've talked about this topic before and I still stand by my... how many times have we heard your apologies TO... we're not the eagles here and we dont take shiat from players who's ultimate goal is stats !

League minium, 1 million dollar signing bonus and a clause that if he is suspended or in trouble at all for any reason, the contract is null and void and all money gets paid back.

Prosdo
12-08-2005, 11:15 PM
He would really have to straighten up his act for the Rooneys to even glance his way. Now if they did take him I would have to trust they saw a change. But as Blitz said something would have to be in his contract.

pitt
12-09-2005, 12:03 AM
He can come begging on his hands and knees offering to play for free, and I still say NO!

Rotorhead
12-09-2005, 12:23 AM
Not a chance in hell, no way ever would I sign him. In fact, if I were a NFL team owner, I would lobby to all other teams to not sign him just cause I think he needs to sit and watch the game from home for the rest of his life. He doesnt deserve any more chances, that ungrateful bastard.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-09-2005, 12:30 AM
Its just digusting to see someone waste the chance of a lifetime to play a sport that we all love and get paid millions to do it..to live a dream most of us will never see....and completely let it fizzle away becuz of your own stupidity!

Prosdo
12-09-2005, 12:36 AM
Its just digusting to see someone waste the chance of a lifetime to play a sport that we all love and get paid millions to do it..to live a dream most of us will never see....and completely let it fizzle away becuz of your own stupidity!

So true. The guy is an amazing WR and it's just a real shame that someone with that much talent will be best remember for his BS. Still can't imagine this guy as a member of the Steelers organization.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-09-2005, 12:40 AM
The chief would turn over in his grave if we signed a player like this...

clevestinks
12-09-2005, 04:02 PM
I dont see it happening! But we need a big time playmaker like TO.

Livinginthe past
12-09-2005, 04:48 PM
I agree that the Steelers need a playmaker - but T.O is a pure desperation signing - totally un-Steeler.

T.O. might come to Pittsburgh and be a great success, a bit like he did with the Eagles, guess what he is going to do then?

You guessed it - he is going to hold the Steelers to ransom for a new contract - and if he doesnt get it you better be ready for the poison to start seeping into the locker-room.

Of course the other scenario is that T.O comes to Pittsburgh and underachieves, a bit like he did with the 49ers - guess what he is going to then?

You guessed it - he is going to throw a tantrum until the Steelers are forced to offload him to the latest suckers for a cut price deal just to get him out of the lockerroom.

Ladies and gentleman - I give you the definition of the 'No-Win Situation'

NM

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
12-09-2005, 05:19 PM
only if there was a clause in his contract that at any point in time the steelers could cut him and he does not get paid another penny

SteelerFanInCA
12-09-2005, 05:27 PM
I would definitely at least entertain the idea of T.O

Sharkissle29
12-09-2005, 05:33 PM
T.O and Steelers.....can't imagine those 2 words in the same sentence. he will never be a steeler

clevestinks
12-09-2005, 06:33 PM
We don`t want a reputation like Baltimore do we? All convict pain in the asses? I don`t. Blitz is right, Mr Rooney would roll in his grave, this organization is better than TO.'

But wow that would be something though. LOL

tony hipchest
12-09-2005, 07:04 PM
But wow that would be something though. LOL

im thinking of t.o. AND rickey williams (beefed up just a little)!

shevdog
12-09-2005, 07:32 PM
steelers make the playoffs but dont reach the ultimate goal

you are the steelers org. and i am t.o.

what do you say?

Wow! What a senerio.

Let's take away for a second the fact that I'm a western PA native that lives in the Philly Suburbs (Eagles Country). I'll pretend like I'm the Steelers organization.

Mr. T.O., your career with the 49'ers and Eagles is impressive. Your ability shines bright.

(Conversation continues about career accomplishements).

We understand you are making strives to turn around your career and be a team player. The Steelers have a rich tradition of teamwork and unselfishness. Prove to us how you can truly be a team player.

We'll let you practice with us, yet you are on a short leash. One screw-up and there will be no contract.

------

I think I was very overly fair there.

T.O. was all nice and smiles to everyone when he first came to the Eagles. He and McNabb were buddies. The honey moon was great for the fans in Philly. Yet T.O. started turning on his team late in 2004. Then he took over the NFL press on his hold out and the many team incidents. It was nothing about TO every where I turned.

I do think this guy would do this again, even with the pay cuts and all. If ever T.O. would join the Steeler, as would if Deon Sanders, I will buy a ticket to the first pre-seaon game, break into the owners box, and beat Mr. Rooney in the head until my terrible towel is no longer gold. That's a bit extreme, yet I would never want T.O. in Pittsburgh.

BTW, here in Philly, they held a while back a T.O. jersey burning. It was very comical.

Grey
12-09-2005, 07:32 PM
I can't believe some of your guys are serious about this. The Steelers will never consider a player like TO, (neither would the Pats, for that matter), and that's precisely one of the reasons why I love the Steelers organization.

LivinInthePast is exactly right.

TO will never be worth the short gain you might get by picking him up. He might be the all-time biggest poor-sport, bonehead, selfish, childish talent waster in the NFL. No thanks, we'll pass.

Have you noticed that I don't like him? I'm trusting the Steelers org not to sell their soul to the devil. Reference: http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?p=33082#post33082

But you know where I think he might go? Ready?. . . . . . . ? . . . . . The Ravens.

Here we go.
Grey

Dook
12-09-2005, 07:45 PM
No way. Keep the Steelers a class organization.

steelcurtain101
12-09-2005, 09:36 PM
sorry guy ill be honest here i loved to watch TO with his great plays and his funny touch down dances but this guy is cancer to a team and i would not even give him a chance . He is too caught up in himself . Like other people have said he shouldnt even be allowed to play football anymore he should be working a 9-5 job wishing he was out there like so many people that didnt get that chance . Too many people now in days forget that they are playing a game for a living that is a dream to millions of kids and adults . If i was blessed with that chance i wouldnt exploit it like he has i would try to be a better role model .

shevdog
12-09-2005, 10:44 PM
But you know where I think he might go? Ready?. . . . . . . ? . . . . . The Ravens.

Here we go.
Grey

That wouldn't suprise me. Just when you thought you couldn't hate the Ravens any more, then there rolls in T.O. I just has an aweful vision. T.O. catching the ball in that purple jersey for a TD against the Steelers at Heinze Field.

One thing for sure, there will be more Eagles fans that will be more friendly to Steelers fans, especially twice a year.

Suitanim
12-09-2005, 10:54 PM
TO would be happy in Baltimore for about 3 weeks. Even the great TO can't catch horribly thrown balls 8 yards over his head from Kyle Boller.

TO should be locked up in one of those things General Zod was locked up in outer space in Superman II. Whatever it takes to get this ****stick out of football forever...

BlitzburghRockCity
12-10-2005, 12:18 AM
I cant really see TO going to the ratbirds.. when a guy flat out tells you he doesnt wanna play for you and threatens to hold out.. not to mention how bad the ratbird offense is.. that'd be one of the last places I'd expect him to end up to be honest.

Koopa
12-10-2005, 12:21 AM
i hope t.o. goes to the cowboys so he can destroy them or the broncos for the same reason

BigDude66687
12-10-2005, 01:14 AM
I'd jump on that offer, hell T.O is the piece were missing on offense he is what buress was except 1000x better, hell he'd be an outsider here and wouldnt have that much impact on the locker room also ur underestating how good cowher is at dealing with beligerent locker room guys

SteelCityMan786
12-10-2005, 09:49 AM
TO Needs To Do The Following Before I Drop The Rivalry And Decide Eh Take a risk.

1.He Cleans Up His Attitude
2.He Says I will pay back my money if I act up
3.I will Put The Team In Front Of Me First
4.I will Not Be A Problem Off The Field On A Regular Basis

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
12-12-2005, 11:19 AM
I would like to see the NFL teams give TO the cold shoulder and not sign him anywhere.
This would send a message to future players

cydnub
12-12-2005, 12:59 PM
Those of you thinking "hmmm, maybe it might be a good idea" don't understand what absolute nonsense we have gone through here in Philly. And I really mean nonsense. The class level of the Eagles organization is many steps below the Steelers organization (Eagles fans booing Santa Claus, the snowball bowl and the fact that the stadium has an official district court in it for troublemakers come to mind) and STILL, T.O. behaved so poorly and immaturely that many fans ended up burning their jerseys b/c of his lack of class wrt the organization and Donovan in particular.

T.O. will only do well where he is the center of attention and is under heavy babysitting supervision. He did not change from SF to here and I have no reason to believe he ever will. It's too bad, because he is seriously one of the best WR's I have ever seen. Not only could he pull in many of Donovan's misdirected passes, he had incredible strength to push defenders away from him. I remember seeing some plays and thinking - man, that looks like a game of Dad playing with the kids. Too bad. Instead of ending up in Canton, it looks like he will just end up a footnote in football history.

clevestinks
12-12-2005, 01:38 PM
Baltimore would like a bunch of fools if they gave him a second chance there. Not to mention he would destroy Boller, there is no Boller could be TO`s qb. TO isnt stupid enough to play for a team with no qb