PDA

View Full Version : cheatin refs!!!

The_WARDen
11-16-2008, 07:17 PM
I don't normally blame the refs but this is a f**in joke! The Steelers have 50 penalties and the Chargers have 1??? Gimme a break, it's laughable! Now, they just took away a TD! Friggin joke!

:mad::mad::mad::banging::banging::banging:

The_WARDen
11-16-2008, 07:18 PM
screw you refs!!! They won anyway!

:applaudit:

Sharkissle29
11-16-2008, 07:30 PM
the refs did everything they could to give the chargers a win and still FAILED. that last hold on willies TD was a hold tho

bozz723
11-16-2008, 07:31 PM
The refs actually did cheat this game. They had to. They were paid to have the Chargers cover the spread - and the Polamalu TD at the end screwed them, and they had no other choice but to call it a "forward" pass"....

THAT IS A JOKE AND THE ENTIRE CREW SHOULD BE INVESTIGATED IMMEDIATELY.

That was the first time I can say that was blatant cheating. BLATANT.

steelpride12
11-16-2008, 07:31 PM
I don't normally blame the refs but this is a f**in joke! The Steelers have 50 penalties and the Chargers have 1??? Gimme a break, it's laughable! Now, they just took away a TD! Friggin joke!

Don't drop the F bomb please not even censoring it.

You know thee Steelers honestly committed most of these Penalties, not all of them, but most and have to be more disciplined.

Edman
11-16-2008, 07:35 PM
The Steelers have to be better disciplined than that on offense. There were quite a few gaffes that were blatant that anyone could see.

But the officiating was still awful.

fansince'76
11-16-2008, 07:37 PM
Most of the calls on us were deserved (the PI on Ike was bullshit). My problem was watching Harrison get MUGGED ALL DAY and no holding was called. The Chargers committed 1 penalty the entire game? BULLSHIT.

Glace
11-16-2008, 07:38 PM
They absolutely stole the touchdown at the end....that was a backwards pass - hence it was a FUMBLE. It was CLEAR AS DAY!!

However...most of the calls on the steelers were legit. It was a sloppy game...no doubt about it.

T.Richardson
11-16-2008, 07:39 PM
I just hate how they didnt give the Chargers penalties, They were also holding. Blind refs.

19ward86
11-16-2008, 07:39 PM
Poop on them.

Glace
11-16-2008, 07:41 PM
Just to clear it up...Parker's TD run that got called back....you can't deny it was a blatant hold.....

No, scratch that...McHugh just tackled the guy.

X-Terminator
11-16-2008, 07:41 PM
Most of the calls on us were deserved (the PI on Ike was bullshit). My problem was watching Harrison get MUGGED ALL DAY and no holding was called. The Chargers committed 1 penalty the entire game? BULLSHIT.

Harrison is allowed to get mugged every week. I'm used to it by now. It's still no less :bs: though.

Godfather
11-16-2008, 07:42 PM
The refs actually did cheat this game. They had to. They were paid to have the Chargers cover the spread - and the Polamalu TD at the end screwed them, and they had no other choice but to call it a "forward" pass"....

What was the point spread? That thought crossed my mind too--point shaving (hold our score down but let us win). Take away the touchdown and make us kick the FG then overturn Troy's touchdown on a blatant bad review.

fansince'76
11-16-2008, 07:43 PM
I just hate how they didnt give the Chargers penalties, They were also holding. Blind refs.

Well, they gotta look out for a team that is part of the "AFC Elite." :rolleyes:

I usually don't squawk about the refs, but I am this week. It was beyond ridiculous.

Godfather
11-16-2008, 07:43 PM
Nevermind the Polamalu TD--Berman just said you can't advance a backward pass.

Godfather
11-16-2008, 07:46 PM
Just looked it up. The spread was 4 1/2.

I would pay money to be a fly on the wall in someone's house who bet on the Chargers to cover. That must have been hilarious when they first saw Troy run that ball back!

fansince'76
11-16-2008, 07:57 PM
Welp, we can probably expect the same treatment (and probably worse) by the refs when we play the Pats* in Foxboro in two weeks. 20 penalties for 200+ yards for the Steelers, no penalties at all for the Pats*. Book it.

St33lersguy
11-16-2008, 08:02 PM

Investigated, How about FIRED. Those low -life cheating cheaps*** bums shoyld just go back to working in Burger King out in their hometown of Baltimore or San Diego. They gift wrapped the San Diego cheap s*** their only TD then allowed the cheaps*** OL to mug Harrison. I believe that the cheaps*** administration payed the bums from burger king to win the game for them. Oh and by the way that was the 2nd time the refs cheated the game. The 1st time was Indianapolis native Pete Morelli and company in the 05 divisional playoff game

St33lersguy
11-16-2008, 08:04 PM
What was the point of the refs taking the TD away. Give up losers, you guys lost, it wouldn't make a difference

ben7
11-16-2008, 08:06 PM
115 yards in penalties

X-Terminator
11-16-2008, 08:07 PM

OK then, the ball bounced off one of the Chargers' hands before Troy knocked it away, so it should have been ruled a fumble and the TD should have counted.

NJarhead
11-16-2008, 08:07 PM

You know the Steelers honestly committed most of these Penalties, not all of them, but most and have to be more disciplined.

Maybe, but many of them were touchy (rarely called, which left me wondering their initiative) and although we overcame most of them, there were a couple that really helped the Chargers. Plus, NO ONE can convince me that Troy wasn't robbed of a TD in the closing seconds. I hope we don't see this crew again, they were aweful.

HometownGal
11-16-2008, 08:14 PM
I think we can all agree that this officiating crew sucked the big one.

We WON the game despite the BS calls so why the B & M'ing? :noidea:

We are Steelers fans, not Waaaahawks fans, and we should be celebrating a hard-fought victory instead of whining about the refs. Seriously, guys.

NJarhead
11-16-2008, 08:17 PM
I think we can all agree that this officiating crew sucked the big one.

We WON the game despite the BS calls so why the B & M'ing? :noidea:

We are Steelers fans, not Waaaahawks fans, and we should be celebrating a hard-fought victory instead of whining about the refs. Seriously, guys.

All the credit goes to our beloved Steelers, but I'm pissed. :mad: Sorry HTG.

VTsteel
11-16-2008, 08:18 PM

If Berman said that he is wrong. You most definitely can advance a backward pass it's considered a fumble

fansince'76
11-16-2008, 08:19 PM
All the credit goes to our beloved Steelers, but I'm pissed. :mad: Sorry HTG.

Yep, so am I. I never squawk about refs usually, but the onesidedness today was RIDICULOUS.

kmsteelerwr15
11-16-2008, 08:20 PM
i agree that some of the calls were honest calls, but to call them so inconsitantly is what bothers me, i never understand why there is never holding called on every single pass rush by James Harrison. it wouldnt have been as bad if they were calling them on the Chargers

Makaveli
11-16-2008, 08:20 PM
As far as i'm concerned,...."leave no doubt" in terms of how you handle an opponent and the Refs are of no consequence.

NJarhead
11-16-2008, 08:23 PM
Yep, so am I. I never squawk about refs usually, but the onesidedness today was RIDICULOUS.

That makes two of us. Oh well, like they say, We won so screw 'em. :drink: I'm over it (The last play is just still bothering me a bit).

fansince'76
11-16-2008, 08:25 PM
That makes two of us. Oh well, like they say, We won so screw 'em. :drink: I'm over it (The last play is just still bothering me a bit).

I'm not too happy about the BS PI call on Ike either. But like you said, we won anyway, so to hell with them. :drink:

steel striker
11-16-2008, 08:26 PM
I'm glad we won but, my god the refs were horrible. It's like your telling me were at home and we commit 19 fouls to their one or two give me a break. Plus like Fansince76 said Harrison was held all day. The Ike Taylor call was so bad the reciever ran into Ike and that is a penalty? The refs tried to take this game but, we would not let it happen. Plus the last play was clearly a touchdown.

X-Terminator
11-16-2008, 08:30 PM
Just FYI, Mike Tomlin told the reporters at the beginning of his press conference that he would not answer any questions about the officiating. Says all you need to know right there.

fansince'76
11-16-2008, 08:31 PM
Just FYI, Mike Tomlin told the reporters at the beginning of his press conference that he would not answer any questions about the officiating. Says all you need to know right there.

Yep, why get fined 25 grand?

kmsteelerwr15
11-16-2008, 08:31 PM
let those officials keep on trying cuz no team over comes adversity like our Pittsburgh Steelers :tt03:

stillers4me
11-16-2008, 08:32 PM

Smart man. He'll probably get fined anyway just for insinuating it. :chuckle:

NJarhead
11-16-2008, 08:36 PM

Oh yea, there'll at least be an inquiry. Goodell: "We're quite sure that Hines should have been flagged at least 2 more times, so we're just going to levy a fine." :banging:

BozMan
11-16-2008, 08:36 PM
This was the worst officiated game I've seen since the Colts-Steelers game during the '05 playoffs.

The league ought to penalize these refs for doing such piss-poor jobs. It seriously detracts from the quality of the product that the league is trying to sell and market.

Maybe if Goodell concerned himself less with fining the players for BS reasons and more with fining the refs for their idiocy, there would not be so much angst among the league's customers.

Furthermore, why can't the league move to full-time officials? Give the zebras bonuses for well called games and fines for poorly called games. During the offseason, have every official review every call of every game. That would go a long way towards getting everyone on the same page and establishing some consistency. Maybe if officiating was the sole source of income for these guys, they would take their jobs more seriously.

fansince'76
11-16-2008, 08:37 PM

Considering who the commissioner is, that's not really all that far-fetched of a notion.

NJarhead
11-16-2008, 08:37 PM
Okay, I'm done complaining about the refs this week. 7-3 Folks! and one game up in the AFCN! :drink:

fansince'76
11-16-2008, 08:39 PM
Okay, I'm done complaining about the refs this week. 7-3 Folks! and one game up in the AFCN! :drink:

Well, we're effectively 2 games up as we already beat the Ratbirds once this season. :drink:

Preacher
11-16-2008, 08:41 PM
Well, we're effectively 2 games up as we already beat the Ratbirds once this season. :drink:

Yep.

And we play em again!!!

Which may put us up what... 3 games.. if we win that? Man that would nice.

PisnNapalm
11-16-2008, 08:45 PM

The Steelers had 13 penalties and guess what. Some of them were very very BLATANT! Quit yer bitchin'... They nearly lost us the game.

fansince'76
11-16-2008, 08:48 PM
The Steelers had 13 penalties and guess what. Some of them were very very BLATANT! Quit yer bitchin'... They nearly lost us the game.

And the Chargers only committed one penalty? Really? THAT's what I have a problem with.

Preacher
11-16-2008, 08:51 PM
And the Chargers only committed one penalty? Really? THAT's what I have a problem with.

Yeah, but FS,

The Steelers line is KNOWN to be bad, and HAS to hold in older to get Ben some time. So the refs will look for it.

There were some bad calls. The PI call was horrible. I noticed a couple 3 or 4 holds that weren't called which should have been called against the chargers.

However, when we have a reputation of a hard-hitting, hard charging, sucky o line team, refs are going to look for it, and we keep showing it to them.

Of course, last week, we had what, 1 penalty?

NJarhead
11-16-2008, 08:54 PM

yes sir and hopefully our offense can start moving forward because winning in B-More has never come easy (or something we've done in a while).

SteelCityMan786
11-16-2008, 08:55 PM

In reality they committed like 10+

Steelman16
11-16-2008, 08:56 PM
Yeah, but FS,

The Steelers line is KNOWN to be bad, and HAS to hold in older to get Ben some time. So the refs will look for it.

There were some bad calls. The PI call was horrible. I noticed a couple 3 or 4 holds that weren't called which should have been called against the chargers.

However, when we have a reputation of a hard-hitting, hard charging, sucky o line team, refs are going to look for it, and we keep showing it to them.

Of course, last week, we had what, 1 penalty?

Yeah, that's all fine and dandy, but that still doesn't rectify a BS game being called by the refs.

I swear, the S.S. Officers had orders from their superiors... :chuckle:

Preacher
11-16-2008, 09:01 PM
Yeah, that's all fine and dandy, but that still doesn't rectify a BS game being called by the refs.

I swear, the S.S. Officers had orders from their superiors... :chuckle:

Yeah, but my point is,

If we know that we are going to be watched for those things, We are going to have to play smart and not GIVE the refs reason to call penalties.

St33lersguy
11-16-2008, 09:33 PM
Anyone remember the Paul Ernster punt that went out of bounds at around the 5 but the burger king boys spotted at the f***in 18

GBMelBlount
11-16-2008, 09:34 PM

Be careful or you may get fined for insinuating what he insinuated......

stillers4me
11-16-2008, 09:36 PM
Be careful or you may get fined for insinuating what he insinuated......

I'm sure that's next.

Fine the fans! :popcorn:

Steelman16
11-16-2008, 09:40 PM
Mel, are you a secret Gestapo agent? :chuckle:

GBMelBlount
11-16-2008, 09:49 PM

What exactly are you trying to insinuate?.... :chuckle:

Anyway, as a few people mentioned, I saw some flagrant holding of Harrison.

T&B fan
11-16-2008, 09:50 PM
NBC just reported at the half time show troy is owed a TD but the NFL will not give it to him

stillers4me
11-16-2008, 09:51 PM
NBC just reported at the half time show troy is owed a TD but the NFL will not give it to him

Fine them!

X-Terminator
11-16-2008, 09:51 PM

And to my shock, it was the pencil-neck geek Collinsworthless who reported it.

Steelman16
11-16-2008, 09:52 PM

Anyway, as a few people mentioned, I saw some flagrant holding of Harrison.

:toofunny: Am I busted now?

Harrison is held EVERY game, but nobody ever gets called for it. I guess they think he's tough enough to handle it himself...(which he is - 12 sacks, INT and a SFTY)...but still, it happens EVERY game many times.

SteelCityMan786
11-16-2008, 09:52 PM
And to my shock, it was the pencil-neck geek Collinsworthless who reported it.

I wonder if Bengals fans will hassle him for it.

T&B fan
11-16-2008, 09:59 PM
[QUOTE=
, why can't the league move to full-time officials? Give the zebras bonuses for well called games and fines for poorly called games. During the offseason, have every official review every call of every game. That would go a long way towards getting everyone on the same page and establishing some consistency. Maybe if officiating was the sole source of income for these guys, they would take their jobs more seriously.[/QUOTE]

you said it FULL time year round jobs NFL can spare the $$$ ...

stillers4me
11-16-2008, 10:00 PM
you said it FULL time year round jobs NFL can spare the $$$ ...

They could just fine the players to pay the refs. :coffee:

SteelCityMan786
11-16-2008, 10:03 PM
Fine them!

Their fine is 6 points back to the Steelers making this a 17-10 win and the NFL owes $60,000

steelpride12
11-16-2008, 10:05 PM
This stat bugs me: Charger=1 Penalty. You could holding on Harrison every time he blitzed.

SteelCityMan786
11-16-2008, 10:07 PM
This stat bugs me: Charger=1 Penalty. You could holding on Harrison every time he blitzed.

Good Thing is, this team knows how to over come the adversity of Penalties.

steelpride12
11-16-2008, 10:12 PM
Good Thing is, this team knows how to over come the adversity of Penalties.

They sure did a heck of a job of it today. :thumbsup:

tony hipchest
11-16-2008, 10:31 PM
i dont care about whaaaahawks or us being the great steelerfans...

but i will still bitch when the refs calla game this bad, win or lose.

the way i look at it, the refs took away 14 steeler points and gave the opposition 7.

this easilly shoulda been a 10+ point blowout. troys int in the 1st quarter was one of the most spectacular plays ever and it just killed the refs that they made the "wrong" call on the field that they had to uphold.

troys play to end the game was almost equally marvelous and they were hellbent to not give it to him.

3 penalties on ward? c'mon! the bogus penalty on colon for not bein on the "line of scrimmage"? phil simms even commented how that was a ticky tack foul and the chargers proved it no later than 3 series.

the refs blew it. this aint whining, its just calling it for what it is. flat out pitiful.

Shoes
11-16-2008, 10:43 PM

the way i look at it, the refs took away 14 steeler points and gave the opposition 7.

this easilly shoulda been a 10+ point blowout. troys int in the 1st quarter was one of the most spectacular plays ever and it just killed the refs that they made the "wrong" call on the field that they had to uphold.

troys play to end the game was almost equally marvelous and they were hellbent to not give it to him.

3 penalties on ward? c'mon! the bogus penalty on colon for not bein on the "line of scrimmage"? phil simms even commented how that was a ticky tack foul and the chargers proved it no later than 3 series.

the refs blew it. this aint whining, its just calling it for what it is. flat out pitiful.

Amen!

Rek
11-16-2008, 11:25 PM
I always try to steer away from thoughts about games being fixed or the refs trying to sway the game, but games like today's really makes me wonder...

Steel_Bus_24
11-16-2008, 11:38 PM
What a disgusting game....I usually don't harp on the refs as some others do but, this game was atrocious.

12 penalties to 1????????? are you frigggin kidding me?? pathetic

Harrison was being held well over half the time he blitzed and they didn't get called for it once.....please

Yes most of the penalties called on the Steelers were legit(Not the one on Ike:mad:), but again wheres the consistency???

And then to top it off at the end and steal points away from Troy is just bullS***:mad:

I can only imagine how horrible the refs will be when we play the Cheats.....I mean the Pats:shake01:

NJarhead
11-16-2008, 11:47 PM

And if anyone says otherwise, I want to know about it. In the mean time; VICTORY! :drink:

Steelthe#1dynasty
11-16-2008, 11:53 PM
I lost my Fantasy game because of those f*cker! Worthless @ssholes and they called a terrible game. I am tired of seeing Harrison and Woodley held and they call the s*it on Hines Ward. Phil Simms is a piece of poo too. Freaking anti-Pittsburgh every time he calls a game. He must be jealous we have more Super Bowl wins :mad:

devilsdancefloor
11-17-2008, 12:07 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-chargers-steelers-confusingcall&prov=ap&type=lgns

Referee says officials errantly voided Steelers TD
By ALAN ROBINSON, AP Sports Writer
40 minutes ago

Buzz Up PrintPITTSBURGH (AP)—The first 11-10 game in NFL history shouldn’t have ended that way, referee Scott Green said after a last-minute touchdown was errantly taken away from the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday.

The officiating mistake didn’t affect the outcome since the Steelers still would have won, but the touchdown would have changed the score to 17-10—or, more likely, 18-10, since the teams were lined up for an extra-point try that was never attempted.

On first-and-10 from San Diego’s 21 with 5 seconds remaining, Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers threw a short pass to LaDainian Tomlinson over the middle for 3 yards. Tomlinson turned and made a handoff-type lateral to wide receiver Chris Chambers, who attempted to pitch the ball to a teammate only to have safety Troy Polamalu scoop it up and score from the 12.

Both teams left the field on what looked to be a game-ending play, but were called back by the officials for the extra-point attempt. At that point, the replay official called for a review.

After watching the play, Green initially announced the ruling on the field was upheld and the touchdown counted. But the officiating crew huddled again before the extra-point attempt and changed the call, deciding that an illegal forward pass should have ended the play.

Green, in a postgame interview with a pool reporter, said that call was errant—even though his explanation for the confusion was almost as confusing as the play itself.

“We should have let the play go through in the end, yes,” Green said. “It was misinterpreted that instead of killing the play, we should have let the play go through.”

Green said the confusion occurred because there was a misunderstanding about which lateral was in question.

“The first pass was the one that was illegal, but it only kills the play if it hits the ground,” Green said. “That was incorrect to have killed it at that point. The ruling should have let the play go on. That’s just the way that it played out. We believe the second pass was legal.”

Green was asked why, since the ball didn’t hit the ground during any of the tossing, the officials decided after huddling that the play should have ended.

“We didn’t kill it on the field,” Green said. “After (the) discussion we decided … there was some confusion over which pass we were talking about and it was decided that it was the second pass that was illegal that did hit the ground and therefore we killed the play there.”

However, the officials realized afterward they erred.

“I know,” Green said. “The rule was misinterpreted.”

Asked about the officiating—the Steelers drew 115 yards in penalties to the Chargers’ 5—Pittsburgh coach Mike Tomlin declined to comment.

“No, I have never seen a game ended with 13-to-1 in penalties, but I am not answering questions about the officiating,” Tomlin said.

The call affected betting on the game since the Steelers were 5-point favorites and would have covered if the touchdown counted.

Rek
11-17-2008, 12:30 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-chargers-steelers-confusingcall&prov=ap&type=lgns

Referee says officials errantly voided Steelers TD
By ALAN ROBINSON, AP Sports Writer
40 minutes ago

Buzz Up PrintPITTSBURGH (AP)—The first 11-10 game in NFL history shouldn’t have ended that way, referee Scott Green said after a last-minute touchdown was errantly taken away from the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday.

The officiating mistake didn’t affect the outcome since the Steelers still would have won, but the touchdown would have changed the score to 17-10—or, more likely, 18-10, since the teams were lined up for an extra-point try that was never attempted.

On first-and-10 from San Diego’s 21 with 5 seconds remaining, Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers threw a short pass to LaDainian Tomlinson over the middle for 3 yards. Tomlinson turned and made a handoff-type lateral to wide receiver Chris Chambers, who attempted to pitch the ball to a teammate only to have safety Troy Polamalu scoop it up and score from the 12.

Both teams left the field on what looked to be a game-ending play, but were called back by the officials for the extra-point attempt. At that point, the replay official called for a review.

After watching the play, Green initially announced the ruling on the field was upheld and the touchdown counted. But the officiating crew huddled again before the extra-point attempt and changed the call, deciding that an illegal forward pass should have ended the play.

Green, in a postgame interview with a pool reporter, said that call was errant—even though his explanation for the confusion was almost as confusing as the play itself.

“We should have let the play go through in the end, yes,” Green said. “It was misinterpreted that instead of killing the play, we should have let the play go through.”

Green said the confusion occurred because there was a misunderstanding about which lateral was in question.

“The first pass was the one that was illegal, but it only kills the play if it hits the ground,” Green said. “That was incorrect to have killed it at that point. The ruling should have let the play go on. That’s just the way that it played out. We believe the second pass was legal.”

Green was asked why, since the ball didn’t hit the ground during any of the tossing, the officials decided after huddling that the play should have ended.

“We didn’t kill it on the field,” Green said. “After (the) discussion we decided … there was some confusion over which pass we were talking about and it was decided that it was the second pass that was illegal that did hit the ground and therefore we killed the play there.”

However, the officials realized afterward they erred.

“I know,” Green said. “The rule was misinterpreted.”

Asked about the officiating—the Steelers drew 115 yards in penalties to the Chargers’ 5—Pittsburgh coach Mike Tomlin declined to comment.

“No, I have never seen a game ended with 13-to-1 in penalties, but I am not answering questions about the officiating,” Tomlin said.

The call affected betting on the game since the Steelers were 5-point favorites and would have covered if the touchdown counted.

Wow. I'm speechless, if I was Tomlin, I would have a hard time keeping my mouth shut about the refs. Even Chargers fans agree that shoulda been a touchdown. BTW, everyone is saying that would have been a pick for Troy, but it really would have been a FF and recovery for a TD, right?

Preacher
11-17-2008, 12:32 AM
Wow. I'm speechless, if I was Tomlin, I would have a hard time keeping my mouth shut about the refs. Even Chargers fans agree that shoulda been a touchdown. BTW, everyone is saying that would have been a pick for Troy, but it really would have been a FF and recovery for a TD, right?

:thumbsup:

Good catch.

Steelers & I
11-17-2008, 12:38 AM
The league should put the touchdown back in the box score. To hell with the extra point, I believe that a head coach can decline the opportunity to kick the extra point so long as there's no time on the clock. The touchdown was good, the errant call didn't take place until long after the score so it in no way affected the determination of the Chargers players to make the tackle.

Rek
11-17-2008, 01:29 AM
The league should put the touchdown back in the box score. To hell with the extra point, I believe that a head coach can decline the opportunity to kick the extra point so long as there's no time on the clock. The touchdown was good, the errant call didn't take place until long after the score so it in no way affected the determination of the Chargers players to make the tackle.

I'd be happy with just the fumble recovery, not so much the TD. I love seeing the Steelers dominate the Defense stats.

jjpro11
11-17-2008, 02:21 AM
when his career is over, add one interception (indy 05), one forced fumble, one fumble recovery, and one touchdown (chargers 08) to troy's career stats. keep in mind that this list is probably incomplete.

jjpro11
11-17-2008, 02:44 AM
btw, scott green is the same guy that reffed the pats-rams game a couple weeks ago in which haslett sent a video tape to the league after being penalized 9 times to new england's zero.

god forbid we get this guy for the pats game.. i dont want to imagine the penalty discrepancy in that one.

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-17-2008, 04:31 AM
Wow. I'm speechless, if I was Tomlin, I would have a hard time keeping my mouth shut about the refs.

He didnt...did anyone notice Tomlin at the end of the game?

He waved off one ref who was trying to give him some BS excuse..then kept yelling "You Suck!!" in the direction of ref Scott Green . He had to have said it like...5 times!!!!

Anyone have this recorded to confirm what I saw?

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-17-2008, 08:31 AM
I keep checking the wire to see if Tomlin gets reprimanded today.

jjpro11
11-17-2008, 08:35 AM
I keep checking the wire to see if Tomlin gets reprimanded today.

tomlin needs to come out and just announce to the world that he is sick of seeing the holding on harrison and wood.. i wouldnt doubt he has done things behind the scenes, but its time to put the nfl on the spot already.. im tired of seeing those guys beat their blocker and get held with no call.. they have combined for over 20 sacks, yet have gotten what? 2 or 3 holding calls on them both combined all year? we all saw the hands inside harrison's facemask being ignored.. that kind of thing happens every game. i mean c'mon.. are we reverting back to the 70s where they are changing the rules to even the playing field since the steelers defense is so dominant again? it sure seems that way.

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-17-2008, 08:52 AM
tomlin needs to come out and just announce to the world that he is sick of seeing the holding on harrison and wood.. i wouldnt doubt he has done things behind the scenes, but its time to put the nfl on the spot already.. im tired of seeing those guys beat their blocker and get held with no call.. they have combined for over 20 sacks, yet have gotten what? 2 or 3 holding calls on them both combined all year? we all saw the hands inside harrison's facemask being ignored.. that kind of thing happens every game. i mean c'mon.. are we reverting back to the 70s where they are changing the rules to even the playing field since the steelers defense is so dominant again? it sure seems that way.

What is very telling is that Tomlin knew the rule...he knew it was a TD...yet the refs didnt.

That is unexcusable.

A coach should know the rules but his primary responsiblity is to coach. The officials primary responsiblity is to know and enforce the rules.....and they failed.

Beyond a doubt, it was obvious on that last play that Tomlin was more proficient with the meaning of the rules than those who were there to enforce them.

DJ919
11-17-2008, 08:53 AM
I always tell my friends that NO fan in the NFL can complain to a Steelers Fan about Bad Calls...So when we get a call that swings our way, I just consider it Justice!

steelpride12
11-17-2008, 08:54 AM
Once again we get stuck with an apology again.
From the Troy pick called back against the Colts in '05 to the Holding on the 4th and 1 against the Jags last season's wild card match up, and now again on Troy.
Getting a little out of hand, how pathetic this calling is. We have replay GET IT RIGHT!

HometownGal
11-17-2008, 09:04 AM

You may as well have quoted my post. :chuckle:

I am just as pissed about the officiating, but my point was - why dwell on it? :noidea: We won the game, are sitting atop the AFCN and have a very short week to prepare for one of our AFCN foes, the Bungles.

And yes - some of you are sounding like Waaaaahawks fans - sorry, but I calls 'em as I sees 'em.

The game is over, we won - forget about it. Your blood pressure (and probably your wall) will thank you! :wink02: :drink:

memphissteelergirl
11-17-2008, 09:49 AM
let those officials keep on trying cuz no team over comes adversity like our Pittsburgh Steelers :tt03:

Hear, here! :drink:

SteelMember
11-17-2008, 11:01 AM
If there had been anymore snow, the refs would have had to run for the exits to escape the barrage of snowballs coming from the stands.

They would have deserved it.

Hogan, I know nothing...Nothing! :laughing:

The_WARDen
11-17-2008, 11:11 AM

You know thee Steelers honestly committed most of these Penalties, not all of them, but most and have to be more disciplined.

I apologize if I offended anyone, I posted in the heat of the moment.

While some of the calls, I agree with...my problem is that they called EVERYTHING on the Steelers and 1 little 5 yarder on the Chargers. I find it hard to believe that there wasn't one holding call on them with all the pressure that Harrison & Co. apply. NOT ONE especially when you can pretty much call holding on every play and they pretty much did for the Steelers!

Anyway, game over..they won...blood pressure back down to Danger level..

:tt03:

Dino 6 Rings
11-17-2008, 12:32 PM
http://www.nfl.com/photo/photo-gallery?chronicleId=09000d5d80c8262c

was this "Legal" hands to the face then refs?

Just wondering.

Dang, stupid link won't open to the picture.

NFL Site, Photos of the Steelers/Chargers Game, Second Page Bottom Row, 3rd picture from the left.

Take a look. "Legal" Hands to Face.

revefsreleets
11-17-2008, 12:51 PM
I'm sorry, but I gotta complain too. Usually I just count the refs as another element to be accounted for, like rain, but yesterday was blatant favoritism. I sincerely believe the Steelers were not supposed to win that game. Don't know why, but the FACT that the Chargers were ass raping out LB's all game without not even being flagged once is proof positive. The reffing in that game was an absolute atrocity.

stlrtruck
11-17-2008, 04:19 PM
Look guys and gals, a lot of Steelers fans mentioned that great teams overcome adversity - the Steelers did it in '05, they did it during the '06 playoffs, and they've done it this year.

We can't do anything about the refs and the players need to do a better job of controlling themselves on the field.

Let's face it, Goodell has told the refs to watch "those Steelers, they hit too hard"

XxKnightxX
11-17-2008, 06:30 PM
I was at the game and I couldn't have agreed any more. It was as if this guy was on a mission to make the steelers lose. Not only that maybe some of the penalties were the steelers fault but the chargers gettin only one is beyond me. I swear ever time I saw the chargers on shotgun I kept seeing marcus Mcneill commit false starts left an right and at times taking his foot off the ground and they never called it. I would not be surprised if this guy gets massive heat from the office its already 2 games where he did horribly. He won't be reffing the super bowl for sure.