PDA

View Full Version : Raiders bench Collins

BB2W
12-08-2005, 10:17 PM
ALAMEDA, Calif. (AP) -- Marques Tuiasosopo will start at quarterback for the Oakland Raiders, who benched regular Kerry Collins.

With no postseason to play for, the Raiders (4-8) are casting an eye toward the future. Oakland coach Norv Turner gave Tuiasosopo the nod on Wednesday and announced that he will start Sunday on the road against the New York Jets.

"It means a lot," said Tuiasosopo, whose lone NFL start came in 2003. "I am excited to get out and play and, with the rest of these guys in the locker room, find a way to win a ballgame this week. That's what I am most excited about."

Tuiasosopo, a second-round pick in 2001, has played in just eight NFL games.

link-----> http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Anh640fCn.jq_C3y1oXZLEBDubYF?slug=ap-raiders-tuiasosopo&prov=ap&type=lgns

boLT fan
12-08-2005, 10:33 PM
I guess after that beating the bolts gave collins they finally pulled the trigger. :bouncy:

TasmanianTroy271
12-08-2005, 10:44 PM
Is this guy in anyway related to the FB we had on the PS earlier in the year? I didn't think Tuiasosopo was that common of a name.

BB2W
12-08-2005, 11:19 PM
Is this guy in anyway related to the FB we had on the PS earlier in the year?I didn't think Tuiasosopo was that common of a name.
Yes his brther is Zach Tuiasosopo a FB that was in camp and on our practice squad. The Tuiasosopo family is actually well known for their football ability. Many have played, and some including their father Manu, have made it to the NFL. Here is a list of some of their relatives that have played Div. 1 football, and in the NFL...

Manu Tuiasosopo........ father........Football 1975-87 UCLA/NFL (8 yrs.)
Johnny Olszewski ........uncle ........Football 1950's California/NFL (10 yrs.)
Nick Olszewski........... cousin .......Football Present Washington
Bob Apisa ..................cousin .......Football 1966 Michigan State
Terry Tautolo .............cousin....... Football 1971-83 UCLA/NFL (8 yrs.)
John Tautolo ..............cousin ........Football 1977-82 UCLA/NFL (2 yrs.)
Roger Levasa .............cousin....... Football 1978-83 Oregon State
Jesse Sapolu ..............cousin....... Football 1983-96 Hawaii/NFL (13 yrs.)
Navy Tuiasosopo ........cousin .......Football 1985 Utah State
Fa'asamala Tagaloa ....cousin....... Football 1987 California
Titus Tuiasosopo .........cousin....... Football 1987 USC
Toalei Mulitauaopele.... cousin....... Football 1998-99 Washington

SteelCityMan786
12-08-2005, 11:26 PM
Way To Give Up On Your Season Raiders.:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Koopa
12-08-2005, 11:40 PM
well they might as well try to groom someone else, cause collins bops, he has porter and moss and he still ain't worth a damn

SteelCityMan786
12-08-2005, 11:52 PM
Collins Became a reject since he left Penn State. Man Where has his good days gone. Maybe He would have had more in the Black And Gold. But hey we Got a great QB now With a bright Future Who will probably Be Blingin with 5 Rings when retirement hits. Which won't be for a long time. Kerry some friendly advice from a Penn State Fan. Retire and enjoy watching your College On Saturday Afternoons.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-08-2005, 11:52 PM
Collins had no excuse not to be a top flight QB this year w/ moss and porter and a solid RB in jordan..but well, what else is new...

clevestinks
12-09-2005, 05:13 PM
Would anyone here take him as a back up to Ben? He will probably go cheap. and is a ton better than Tommy!

SteelCityMan786
12-09-2005, 05:20 PM
HEY RAIDERS YOU JUST BENCHED YOUR 2005 SEASON! You Don't need to bench collins to have success. He's been to a Super Bowl Lately. So Why do You Have to stoop so low Raiders. Bunch of Classless Rejects if you ask me except for some of em.

Koopa
12-09-2005, 05:32 PM
Would anyone here take him as a back up to Ben? He will probably go cheap. and is a ton better than Tommy!

i'd take him as a back up, he can't do any worse then maddox

tony hipchest
12-09-2005, 07:12 PM
yeah i would take him or the statue d. bledsoe. maybe b. farve????? (fat chance)
someone with some good experience who could help tutor ben whose been in some big games

boLT fan
12-09-2005, 09:28 PM
HEY RAIDERS YOU JUST BENCHED YOUR 2005 SEASON! You Don't need to bench collins to have success. He's been to a Super Bowl Lately. So Why do You Have to stoop so low Raiders. Bunch of Classless Rejects if you ask me except for some of em.

Agreed. :grin:

They're official out of the playoffs and need to get a QB for next season. I could see why they'd do this.. but it certainly won't help them any. Chargers will own the Raiders next season as well. :bouncy:

SteelCityMan786
12-10-2005, 11:04 AM
i'd take him as a back up, he can't do any worse then maddox
:iagree: This Statement is a fact.

BB2W
12-14-2005, 05:41 PM
Collins is back in the saddle. This has Al Davis written all over it...

ALAMEDA, Calif. -- The Oakland Raiders switched quarterbacks again, moving Kerry Collins back into the starting role after backup Marques Tuiasosopo struggled last week against the New York Jets.

Three days after saying his intention was to give Tuiasosopo another start this week against the Cleveland Browns, coach Norv Turner announced Wednesday he changed his mind and was going with Collins.

Turner said he made the decision after talking with owner Al Davis and other members of the organization. But Turner said that ultimately the call was his and he decided to go with the quarterback he felt gave the team the best chance to win.

link-----> http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2258954

Koopa
12-14-2005, 05:42 PM
well it's probably the right move, cause damn tupisasdfjdsjfa sucked and he proved that maddox is better then one qb in the league

Steel - X
12-14-2005, 05:43 PM
Damn it what are you ESPN ticker BB2W. Nice post.