PDA

View Full Version : Short Week For Our Steelers

DJ919
11-16-2008, 06:34 PM
Hard win today, but a win none the less!...7-3...I'll take it!

That Ohio Team with the NFL's worst record, and worst looking uniform is on an all time high due to just being able to Tie out Philly...They're looking to be Spoilers. Baltimore has a hard game coming up, so we have good potential to take a 2 game lead in the North... Keep Ben well rested, BRING back our run game which did look pretty good today against SD. Gain "BALANCE" with our D & O...Work the clock, which we are the BEST at. A win over the kittens should be very much reachable.

T.Richardson
11-16-2008, 06:38 PM
I'll be able to watch this game which is pretty sweed. Its on NFL network, anyone else able to watch the thursday game?

RoethlisBURGHer
11-16-2008, 06:39 PM
Actually, that ohio team has the NFL's second worst record at 1-8-1. The Detroit Lions have the NFL's worst record at 0-10.

Luckily on this short week we get the aweful Bengals.

Who's jaw will Hines Ward break this time?

steelpride12
11-16-2008, 06:40 PM
Im going to Thursday's game SOO EXCITED!!!

Could be a trap game the Steelers need to go 4-0 in the division and come out playing good football.
I hope Townsend and or B-Mac return in the line up because the Bungles have an amazing receiving corp and i don't want Gay to get tore up by Houseyomamma!

The Duke
11-16-2008, 06:41 PM
Bengals coming from a big....tie? lol

They are playing good this season, just not winning. Can't let them get ahead

TerribleSteelyMcBeam
11-16-2008, 06:44 PM
Baltimore has a hard game coming up, so we have good potential to take a 2 game lead in the North...

keep in mind baltimore plays the entire NFC East and the steelers over the coming weeks.

we have the potential to stack up on our lead by a comfortable margin

DJ919
11-16-2008, 06:54 PM
keep in mind baltimore plays the entire NFC East and the steelers over the coming weeks.

we have the potential to stack up on our lead by a comfortable margin

Excellent point! ... But, our schedule over the next few weeks doesn't look like a walk in the park either. We have one more NFC east team to knock out..."The Old, and what I consider still the NFLs GREATEST rivalry"...Steelers VS Cowboys...Not sweating that though, We'll punch em straight in the Mouth! Tony "Homo" panics when he faces killer defenses like ours.

Yeah, the future looks bright as far as taking the North. I'll be @ the Steelers vs Ravens game. Pretty excited about that!

Over that of the stupid Penalties, Steelers Football returned today!
1. The Run Game Was Established
2. Clock Management was established
3. Good play balance between the Off & Def was shown in the later parts of the game
4. The Football was Protected
Now that's Steelers Football!

Good, Hard, and MUCH needed win today... :thumbsup:...

If you think about it, we should be 9-1. Two games (Giants/Colts) in which we shot ourselves in the foot, we had both games won. The only squad we actually physically lost to was the Eagles...We were just totally flat in that game, and nothing worked, hey, it happens...I'll give Philly their just due in that win....But Thats It!...lol
I think our heart is pumping again coming down the final stretch...The Black & Gold is looking Strong! :tt:

ben7
11-16-2008, 07:07 PM
Steelers fought it out and came out with a win.

randy06
11-16-2008, 07:17 PM
I will be in front of my TV watchin us win!

Pentheon
11-16-2008, 08:53 PM
is it gonna be on locally too? I cant remember if last years thursday night game was or not.

X-Terminator
11-16-2008, 08:54 PM
is it gonna be on locally too? I cant remember if last years thursday night game was or not.

It's on WPMY locally.

stillers4me
11-16-2008, 08:54 PM
Usually it's shown locally, I thought. I live in Cinci and I'm counting on being able to watch it.

fansince'76
11-16-2008, 08:55 PM
A wounded animal is the most dangerous - we also struggled with them in Cincy the last time we played them until the 4th quarter. Kick their asses all over the field from the opening gun and don't let up until the clock reads 0:00 and we're 8-3, I say.

fansince'76
11-16-2008, 08:56 PM
Usually it's shown locally, I thought. I live in Cinci and I'm counting on being able to watch it.

You can probably watch it online at NFL.com as well, if all else fails.

stillers4me
11-16-2008, 08:56 PM
They would be stupid the put "fragile" Carson on the field with the Steelers D. I wonder if he'll decide to play.

stillers4me
11-16-2008, 08:58 PM
You can probably watch it online at NFL.com as well, if all else fails.

We'll go to the bar if not.........hopefully I'll know in a few days if it's shown locally here. I think they usually are. It would just be nice to stay home on a weekday. Or we'll sit in the car and listen on NFL radio. :chuckle:

SteelCityMan786
11-16-2008, 09:02 PM
It's gonna be shown on the Pittsburgh CW. Atlantic BB customers should be able to get it since the network is avaliable 24/7 unlike KDKA which is on during their newscasts and for select programming such as McDonald's Steelers Kickoff, and some of the Steelers shows like the trivia challenge, and Hines Ward Show.

Galax Steeler
11-17-2008, 04:05 AM
Thank god I get the nfl channel.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-17-2008, 09:24 AM
Yeah, and thank the newtork for not letting Brant Gumbel call the game this week.....I hope.

I agree with Duke. Tying the Eagles is a great effort for a team with a bad record. Gotta get up early and let the defense put the cuffs on the Bungles.

TerribleSteelyMcBeam
11-17-2008, 09:53 AM

yep bravo to satellite tv