PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben played well!

T.Richardson
11-16-2008, 07:45 PM
31-41 308 yards. Just a great performance by Ben. This should quiet the haters for a while or for good. :thumbsup:

Preacher
11-16-2008, 07:46 PM
31-41 308 yards. Just a great performance by Ben. This should quiet the haters for a while or for good. :thumbsup:

There hasn't been many Ben haters...

A few of us thought he should sit a couple weeks and heal.

However, Tomlin had a different idea.

MAKE HIM PRACTICE. IF he is good, he can play, if he can't practice. Too bad, he doesn't play.

Good for Tomlin... matter of fact...

Edman
11-16-2008, 07:52 PM
The practice worked. That's all I have to say.

NV STEELERS 723
11-16-2008, 07:53 PM
#7 is our guy!

steelpride12
11-16-2008, 07:53 PM
The practice worked. That's all I have to say.

Practice makes perfect! :thumbsup:

LVSteelersfan
11-16-2008, 07:55 PM
All right Ben. Our Oline still sucks and will be our downfall this year, but Ben looked a lot better going to his checkdowns today. He shouldn't even try to go for a long one right now because obviously his shoulder is not letting him get it out there far enough. That long one to Santonio never should have been thrown. Thank god for a win in this one. It was UGLY.

OX1947
11-16-2008, 07:56 PM
No one should hate Ben. However, two ending INTs for both halfs, is things even Kordell Stewart never did. Those are dumb dumb dumb plays that cost the steelers a win. Thos were not practice problems, not injury problems. Those were moron problem and yes, a moron mistake is much different then a mistake. Mistake is trying to throw into double coverage at the 50 yard line. Moron, idiot mistake is having a 17-7 lead and the half is almost done and you throw an INT on your own 20.

HometownGal
11-16-2008, 07:59 PM
It's nice to see some positive comments about Ben. He's been hammered by a couple of people the past few weeks. I, like Preacher, felt he should rest up this week but practice makes (almost) perfect and I thought Ben played fairly well today. It's obvious his shoulder isn't 100% yet, as he didn't attempt many long passes, but it seems to be coming along and that can only be a good thing!

PisnNapalm
11-16-2008, 08:00 PM
Ben did well. He didn't take as many chances as he has been. He did great today.

X-Terminator
11-16-2008, 08:12 PM
He's still not going to silence the haters because he didn't throw a TD pass. And if he lights up the Bungles on Thursday, he's STILL not going to get any credit because, well, it's the Bungles.

ben7
11-16-2008, 08:14 PM
I cant belive it was his first 300 yard game at home in 2 years.

steel striker
11-16-2008, 08:33 PM
Ben did play today he took what the defense gave him. Just too many flags my god it seem like we were going to lose that game somehow. Ben remained calm and put us in position to win. I don't Lefty could have done any better. Ben is our guy and, please do not compare him to Kordell. Kordell made more bone head throws than I can count.

stillers4me
11-16-2008, 08:36 PM
He played much smarter today. Hopefully, the shoulder will improve enough he can throw some longer passes when he needs to. It's too bad so much of his progress was taken away by penalties. That must really frustrate him.

kmsteelerwr15
11-16-2008, 08:39 PM
he played great, i could careless if he had a touchdown or not. there are towo stats that are bigger to me:
1-Ball Protection
2-Game-winning drive

Makaveli
11-16-2008, 08:56 PM
There are still quite a few games left. And possibly the playoffs,.....:chuckle:

IMO there are no such thing as "Ben Haters",...just simply those whom stand for THE STEELERS and Ben's groupies whom will make excuses for and or coddle him to the bitter end. But this is nothing new,..it was the same case with Brister and Tinkerbell (Kordell)

siss
11-16-2008, 09:30 PM
Im not a Ben hater...however I've said all season taht he needs to pull his head out of his ass...and it appears as though he finally did that!

fansince'76
11-16-2008, 09:33 PM
IMO there are no such thing as "Ben Haters",...just simply those whom stand for THE STEELERS and Ben's groupies whom will make excuses for and or coddle him to the bitter end. But this is nothing new,..it was the same case with Brister and Tinkerbell (Kordell)

Don't remember many 31-41 for 300+ kinds of games for Kordell - I remember a lot of 7-25 for 60-70 yards with 3-4 picks kinds of games for him, though....

Pentheon
11-16-2008, 09:37 PM
Finally used what we had... good receivers..

Ward is finally getting the ball more the past few games and looking good..

I think our o line did pretty good today as well, there were times when ben had all day to throw, which usually doesnt happen.

nice to see willie get things goin too..

good win, now lets keep it consistant.

Polamalu Princess
11-16-2008, 09:43 PM
Ben did indeed play well.

BozMan
11-16-2008, 09:45 PM
Glad to see a lot more short, quick passes. The success of these will force opposing defenses to be more honest and not sell out with the blitz.

Let Ben and the WRs/TEs/RBs dink and dunk the ball down the field until someone can stop it. Hopefully that will open up the deep passing game as defenses use a less aggressive pass rush.

SteelCityMan786
11-16-2008, 09:47 PM
It's nice to see some positive comments about Ben. He's been hammered by a couple of people the past few weeks. I, like Preacher, felt he should rest up this week but practice makes (almost) perfect and I thought Ben played fairly well today. It's obvious his shoulder isn't 100% yet, as he didn't attempt many long passes, but it seems to be coming along and that can only be a good thing!

I too, will commend Ben. He did very good today with his shoulder bothering him. Short Passes, and eventually it turned into a big gain because of his receivers. Good Work to Ben and time to get ready for the Bengals.

steelpride12
11-16-2008, 10:09 PM
Ben and yes Arians shortened the field for Ben. The came into this game being kinda conservative with the pass lengths keeping them short.
Ben only went deep twice both which were incomplete, but his checkdowns came up big tonight so did Ward with over 100 yards and as well Spaeth.

He threw short and pretty accurate passing only missing 10 out of 41 and still managed 308 yards. Ben drove the team on the winning drive and won and redeemed himself for the loss last week.

iloveben7
11-16-2008, 11:48 PM
I disagree with those that say there aren't Ben haters because there are. Ben did a great job today and obviously put all the haters to sleep because none of them are posting today. And it's not all his fault, he didn't throw a TD.

Preacher
11-17-2008, 12:27 AM
There are still quite a few games left. And possibly the playoffs,.....:chuckle:

Nope.

There are Steeler fans, and then there are people who think that the Steelers OWE THEM a WIN EVERY time the Steelers take the field, and that it is the FANS GOD GIVEN RIGHT to be an absolute ASS concerning the team if they don't.

There are those who criticize the team... and then those who love to hate on whoever the scapegoat of the day is.

Thank God Mahan is gone.

It would have been his fault the Steelers didnt' score a TD.

ytsan2q
11-17-2008, 12:59 AM
The timing was definitely there today. What a difference practice makes.

OneForTheToe
11-17-2008, 01:14 AM
No one should hate Ben. However, two ending INTs for both halfs, is things even Kordell Stewart never did. Those are dumb dumb dumb plays that cost the steelers a win. Thos were not practice problems, not injury problems. Those were moron problem and yes, a moron mistake is much different then a mistake. Mistake is trying to throw into double coverage at the 50 yard line. Moron, idiot mistake is having a 17-7 lead and the half is almost done and you throw an INT on your own 20.

Actually, I think those int's are from lack of practice. Ben has had no rhythm the last few weeks. Yes, it is hard to get into a rhythm when your o'line is like swiss cheese, but even last year Ben was able to get into that rhythm. He needs the practice time to get his timing down. If you notice today he had much better timing with his receivers, as evidenced by how many of his throws were right on the money.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-17-2008, 01:43 AM
Practice makes perfect! :thumbsup:

Actually.....Perfect Practice makes Perfect.

Ben still hung onto the ball a few times and got sacked instead of throwing it away. A couple times he threw long to Nate when Holmes was open underneath and on the 2nd last drive he took the sack instead of throwing to Hines on the sideline on 3rd and long.

If he completes that 3rd and long to Ward on the sideline short of the first down, he might have given Reed a chance at a go ahead FG and would not have needed to take it down to the final seconds. If he plays that game smarter, he puts up 14 or 17 on the board and wins easier......but that is the risk-reward you get with Ben.

Preacher
11-17-2008, 01:49 AM

Ben still hung onto the ball a few times and got sacked instead of throwing it away. A couple times he threw long to Nate when Holmes was open underneath and on the 2nd last drive he took the sack instead of throwing to Hines on the sideline on 3rd and long.

If he completes that 3rd and long to Ward on the sideline short of the first down, he might have given Reed a chance at a go ahead FG and would not have needed to take it down to the final seconds. If he plays that game smarter, he puts up 14 or 17 on the board and wins easier......but that is the risk-reward you get with Ben.

Yep.

You don't always want the safe pass. The safe pass may get you off the field without points.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-17-2008, 01:54 AM
Yep.

You don't always want the safe pass. The safe pass may get you off the field without points.

Actually my point was the safe pass would have got 3 more points and got him in field goal range for Reed.

The 2nd down pass to nate he threw incomplete when he had Holmes open underneath would have setup a 3rd and about 3.

I loved the moment Ben was drafted and my kid has a #7 jersey, but what I am saying is that if Ben learns to take the high percentage pass, have an internal clock in his head in the face of a blitz and throw the ball away to live another play instead of takings sacks and losing yardage........he will be flat out dangerous on a consistent basis.

Preacher
11-17-2008, 02:00 AM
Actually my point was the safe pass would have got 3 more points and got him in field goal range for Reed.

The 2nd down pass to nate he threw incomplete when he had Holmes open underneath would have setup a 3rd and about 3.

I loved the moment Ben was drafted and my kid has a #7 jersey, but what I am saying is that if Ben learns to take the high percentage pass, have an internal clock in his head in the face of a blitz and throw the ball away to live another play instead of takings sacks and losing yardage........he will be flat out dangerous on a consistent basis.

And will never take the chances that make him very dangerous.

Fact is, if he throws the ball away like everyone wants him to... he throws away the chance to hit the last second TD, which he has done, or the last second 1st down, which he has done.

That also means he has to be ABLE to get out of the pocket, or he risks an IG. It ALSO means that he has to throw it in an area of a receiver if he isn't out out of the pocket, and that means higher probability of an INT.

Naaa, I don't worry as much as you do about it. I actually Like Ben taking the long shots at times. BTW, Washington should have caught it.. so it was a good decision, and bad hands on Washington.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-17-2008, 02:09 AM
I actually Like Ben taking the long shots at times. BTW, Washington should have caught it.. so it was a good decision, and bad hands on Washington.

I never said that Ben shouldnt throw long passes.

I also think you are thinking of the pass that Ben hit Washington in the hands in the flat (gotta catch those)....I am talking about down the middle when the ball was thrown at the dirt at his feet. It was a bad decision and all I want is for Ben to learn to make good decisions.

I think it was on the drive that resulted in Reeds first FG, he took a sack that put the ball back around the 10, when if he throws it thru the endzone, its 3rd down from the 4. That's the kind of bad decision that I am talking about that limits your options on the next play.

jjpro11
11-17-2008, 02:16 AM
ben finally started checking down to his running backs. man was i glad to see that. if he can keep playing smart the points will come.

Preacher
11-17-2008, 02:17 AM
I never said that Ben shouldnt throw long passes.

I also think you are thinking of the pass that Ben hit Washington in the hands in the flat (gotta catch those)....I am talking about down the middle when the ball was thrown at the dirt at his feet. It was a bad decision and all I want is for Ben to learn to make good decisions.

I think it was on the drive that resulted in Reeds first FG, he took a sack that put the ball back around the 10, when if he throws it thru the endzone, its 3rd down from the 4. That's the kind of bad decision that I am talking about that limits your options on the next play.

Oh yeah..

That pass... did you see the replay though.... ball came out of his hands wierd, same thing that happened on the pick for Harrison.

I understand what your saying, but how often have we seen Ben hold on to it, and hit a guy late for a TD too? We both have to remember, that when Ben is healthy, he runs on those as well.

That is why I say, gave him a couple weeks, and I think we will see this Offense finally really hitting their stride. With that defense... WOW that will be scary.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-17-2008, 02:30 AM
Oh yeah..

That pass... did you see the replay though.... ball came out of his hands wierd, same thing that happened on the pick for Harrison.

I understand what your saying, but how often have we seen Ben hold on to it, and hit a guy late for a TD too? We both have to remember, that when Ben is healthy, he runs on those as well.

That is why I say, gave him a couple weeks, and I think we will see this Offense finally really hitting their stride. With that defense... WOW that will be scary.

Thanks, I didnt see the ball come out of his hands weird, but will see it again later. I know that Ben sometimes scrambles and makes plays....been watching Steeler games for 30years. But stuff like taking a sack on the 10 and giving your team a 3rd down from the 10 instead of from the 4 is irresponsible and immature.

I think the best thing the Offense has to look forward to is getting Miller and Parker back healthy and Ben making quicker decisions.........not letting the rush get to him. I hope we can make a run, but you need to be able to run the ball in January and I am not confident we can do that.

Galax Steeler
11-17-2008, 05:00 AM
It was good to see Ben play the way he did he made good decisions and didn't throw any interceptions good game Ben.

steel striker
11-17-2008, 06:05 AM
Here is what cracks me up about everybody screaming at Ben to get rid of the ball. Well today at times it was good that he held on to the ball so the receivers could get open. Look if Ben gets the time to throw the ball he is a very good qb and, look at all of the good decisions he made today very accurate and he took what the defense gave him.

steelpride12
11-17-2008, 09:02 AM

You know what i meant. Ben looked alot better with the practice then if he would have not practiced at all.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-17-2008, 10:01 AM
You know what i meant. Ben looked alot better with the practice then if he would have not practiced at all.

Yeah, getting some reps should have helped. I guess in hindsight I wish he sat down in the Colts game and watched Leftwich play. Maybe Byron ends up making quicker desicisions and Ben learns the value of some of those decisions on monday film session.

Have to remember that Ben never got to spend much time watching a veteran QB play and learning from him by watching. Its kind of a "cant see the forest for the trees " scenario.

marybasak
11-17-2008, 10:24 AM
I agree, I have my confidence back again. We are hurting without a power runner in goal line situations. We need another bus!

SteelMember
11-17-2008, 10:31 AM
Well, last week I named Ben the goat for the mistakes (ints), which in my eyes lost the game. So, this week I will go on record and say Ben had a good game. He made good decisions on check downs and audibled to quck slants at opportune times. Often during a replay, I could see that there were other possible routes for him to throw to, but you can't second guess completions. Confidence is what he needed more than anything. Penalties were the reason drives stalled or kept us out of the endzone, not Ben.

iloveben7
11-17-2008, 11:07 AM
Here is what cracks me up about everybody screaming at Ben to get rid of the ball. Well today at times it was good that he held on to the ball so the receivers could get open. Look if Ben gets the time to throw the ball he is a very good qb and, look at all of the good decisions he made today very accurate and he took what the defense gave him.

same here. Sometimes he has to hold on to the ball to give the receivers time...duh. He NEEDS time to throw. You want him to throw it away.. maybe then we'll never score.

Steelers-Shaun
11-17-2008, 11:12 AM
checkdowns = still crap

Roll out of the pocket = still crap

fansince'76
11-17-2008, 11:16 AM
checkdowns = still crap

Roll out of the pocket = still crap

Must've watched a different game than I did. :noidea:

iloveben7
11-17-2008, 11:22 AM
I was wrong

You must have been watching some other game because that's not what I saw

Steelers-Shaun
11-17-2008, 11:23 AM
Must've watched a different game than I did. :noidea:

Really? The 200 steeler fans at our steeler bar agree, he only rolled OUT of the pocket a few times as always, and he looked alot to where he was throwing, i know people might disagree with me and that fine, but i was not at all impressed with the offense, in fact special teams and defense scored the only points for us in the game! If the offense continues to play like this we will be done in the first round of the playoffs, without a doubt And by the way i am NOT a ben hater by any means...he is an amazing qb WHEN he is healthy. :popcorn:

fansince'76
11-17-2008, 11:27 AM
Really? The 200 steeler fans at our steeler bar agree, he only rolled OUT of the pocket a few times as always, and he looked alot to where he was throwing, i know people might disagree with me and that fine, but i was not at all impressed with the offense, in fact special teams and defense scored the only points for us in the game! If the offense continues to play like this we will be done in the first round of the playoffs, without a doubt. :popcorn:

Not surprising - if he isn't throwing for 400+ yards and 6 TDs every week, a lot of people are going to bitch about it. There's a reason Bradshaw had a running feud with this fanbase for a good two decades after he retired, believe me.

vasteeler
11-17-2008, 11:30 AM
Really? The 200 steeler fans at our steeler bar agree, he only rolled OUT of the pocket a few times as always, and he looked alot to where he was throwing, i know people might disagree with me and that fine, but i was not at all impressed with the offense, in fact special teams and defense scored the only points for us in the game! If the offense continues to play like this we will be done in the first round of the playoffs, without a doubt. :popcorn:

really, 400 + yards is not good enough? the reason there were no points was stupid penalties

T.Richardson
11-17-2008, 11:31 AM
Ben would have had 1TD if he had a little bit more power on the deep throw to Holmes.

iloveben7
11-17-2008, 11:35 AM
Really? The 200 steeler fans at our steeler bar agree, he only rolled OUT of the pocket a few times as always, and he looked alot to where he was throwing, i know people might disagree with me and that fine, but i was not at all impressed with the offense, in fact special teams and defense scored the only points for us in the game! If the offense continues to play like this we will be done in the first round of the playoffs, without a doubt And by the way i am NOT a ben hater by any means...he is an amazing qb WHEN he is healthy. :popcorn:

really? I'm pretty sure that Jeff Reed kicked 3 field goals and Ben and the offense had to get them in field goal range. The stupid penalties stopped us from getting TD's.

T.Richardson
11-17-2008, 11:36 AM

So, Bens 300+ yards didnt go down the field and could have scored at least 14 points? There was that play where Moore was stuffed att he goal line, and then at the redzone, the penalties back us up.

Steelers-Shaun
11-17-2008, 02:27 PM
Look , im not going to argue i'm glad we won! But the offense needs work and bruce sucks nothing anyone says will change my opinion.

SteelMember
11-17-2008, 02:48 PM
Look , im not going to argue i'm glad we won! But the offense needs work and bruce sucks nothing anyone says will change my opinion.

:doh: I don't think anyone is trying to change your mind. That fact is, that after some poor perfomances, Ben had a much better day looking for the open man on his checkdowns. For some reason, although his numbers say differently, that was/is not enough for you. You wanted to see more rollouts. The field was muddy and slick. Ben had problems just setting in the pocket in spots already, and you want an already injured QB to slide around on a rollout and open himself up to more contact?

This IS a kudos to Ben thread, NOT another fire Arians thread. Thank God.:twocents:

Steelers-Shaun
11-17-2008, 02:57 PM
:\Ben had problems just setting in the pocket in spots already, and you want an already injured QB to slide around on a rollout and open himself up to more contact?

Exactly he is injured so he shouldnt have played this game or cinci to give it more chance to heal so instead of sitting here and wanting to blow him because he didnt throw 8 picks like he has been (because he is hurt), how about we admit that while yes its an improvement, NO its not enough to get us past the first round of the post.

SteelMember
11-17-2008, 03:03 PM
Exactly he is injured so he shouldnt have played this game or cinci to give it more chance to heal so instead of sitting here and wanting to blow him because he didnt throw 8 picks like he has been (because he is hurt), how about we admit that while yes its an improvement, NO its not enough to get us past the first round of the post.

I don't think that was the nature or intent of the thread imho.

And giving congrats to an obvious improvement isn't giving a "BJ", although I'm not sure how they handle these things in J'ville.

Nice Edit by the way.

Steelers-Shaun
11-17-2008, 03:07 PM
:noidea: :chuckle:

T.Richardson
11-17-2008, 03:31 PM

:banging:

X-Terminator
11-17-2008, 03:33 PM
I'm sorry, but if anyone can't see that there was improvement in the offense last night, then you are just nitpicking and will never be happy. I think we can all agree that 11 points isn't going to get the job done in the playoffs, but that clearly was a better looking offense out there last night than the past 3 weeks. Ben 308 yards, no picks. Parker 115 yards on 25 carries. Won the TOP battle by nearly 15 minutes. And that's not improvement???

The_WARDen
11-17-2008, 03:49 PM
really? I'm pretty sure that Jeff Reed kicked 3 field goals and Ben and the offense had to get them in field goal range. The stupid penalties stopped us from getting TD's.

That plus the inability cram it in from the 1.

:doh:

stlrtruck
11-17-2008, 04:29 PM
Players play hurt all the time. Especially after about oh - Week 1, and especially in this league.

I forget how it goes but it's something - if he's hurt he can play if he's injured he can't!

Knock dead on Thursday night BEN!!!

Rek
11-17-2008, 04:43 PM
Look, whether you like it or not, Ben had a very good, very solid game and the Steelers are #1 in the AFCN.

Makaveli
11-17-2008, 04:47 PM
Nope.

There are Steeler fans, and then there are people who think that the Steelers OWE THEM a WIN EVERY time the Steelers take the field, and that it is the FANS GOD GIVEN RIGHT to be an absolute ASS concerning the team if they don't.

There are those who criticize the team... and then those who love to hate on whoever the scapegoat of the day is.

Thank God Mahan is gone.

It would have been his fault the Steelers didnt' score a TD.

I know, I know,.......

"Verily you sayeth unto me that it be heaven's decree that my immortal soul know eternal damnation if i'am not to accept Ben Roethliberger as the one true Lord and Savior of the Pittsburgh Steelers. "

"For he is the unwavering conqueror of the New England Patriots"

"For his hands,...the hands which can turn water unto Pabst Blue Ribbon or Iron City Beer for wedding guests as they dine upon a cake made of the image of Dale Earnhardt,......have never thrown upwards of 21 interceptions in a single season !"

"For he knows not what it is like to perform more poorly than any Quarterback on a winning team in Superbowl history !"

"For he needeth not the playbooks, practice or offseason regiments of men"

"For he (Ben) is the Steelers and their Nation's sheperd,...and they shall not want !":chuckle:

Your "good peoples" Padre,...but miss me with the whole "True Steeler Fan Police " bit. I have watched this organization be sullied by poor QB play since childhood.

SteelMember
11-17-2008, 05:06 PM
I know, I know,.......

"Verily you sayeth unto me that it be heaven's decree that my immortal soul know eternal damnation if i'am not to accept Ben Roethliberger as the one true Lord and Savior of the Pittsburgh Steelers. "

"For he is the unwavering conqueror of the New England Patriots"

"For his hands,...the hands which can turn water unto Pabst Blue Ribbon or Iron City Beer for wedding guests as they dine upon a cake made of the image of Dale Earnhardt,......have never thrown upwards of 21 interceptions in a single season !"

"For he knows not what it is like to perform more poorly than any Quarterback on a winning team in Superbowl history !"

"For he needeth not the playbooks, practice or offseason regiments of men"

"For he (Ben) is the Steelers and their Nation's sheperd,...and they shall not want !":chuckle:

Your "good peoples" Padre,...but miss me with the whole "True Steeler Fan Police " bit. I have watched this organization be sullied by poor QB play since childhood.

:doh::pity:

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-17-2008, 06:43 PM
. I think we can all agree that 11 points isn't going to get the job done in the playoffs, but that clearly was a better looking offense out there last night than the past 3 weeks.

Very True.

If the Offense "finishes" those drives in the red zone its at least a 20-10 win and more reflective of the ability to move the ball. Here's hoping they finish more drives successfully :tt03:

Ricco Suavez
11-17-2008, 06:43 PM
I have read enough!!!!! There is no pleasing Steelers fans. First Arians needs to be fired for an offense that takes too long to develop. Throw more screens you say, check down so Ben is taking fewer sacks you say. Well that is what they did and now we need to open up with the long ball. Ben is chastised for stupid throws which result in interceptions, yet now hes critiqued for missing opportunities we see from a different vantage point. Guys he only missed on what 10-11 passes. Do we really expect perfection. Parker 100yds plus on the ground. If you were told the stats of this game before kickoff and had to predict a score you would have said we win going away. Lets face it we played well on offense, its just did not show up on the scoreboard. Penalities, missed blocks, whatever the reason it was a game where we did not capitalize. And for the poster who has been cursed to see mediocre QB play for the Steelers, if you think that there are plenty of available QB's out there that will beat what we got, then you must be an out-of-work NFL scout.

eafratitpm3
11-17-2008, 06:58 PM
All in all Ben played a smart and conservative game but FG's aren't going to do jack in the playoffs. For the numbers that Ben put up, over 300+ yds, to not have 1 TD is pathetic. I don't care if Ben throw's for 10 yds and zero TD's but the offense has to find a way to get TD's when they are in the Red Zone. Not only in the Red Zone but when you are at the 1 yd line and you can't get in, as a Steeler fan, there's a problem.

24seven
11-17-2008, 07:21 PM
All in all Ben played a smart and conservative game but FG's aren't going to do jack in the playoffs. For the numbers that Ben put up, over 300+ yds, to not have 1 TD is pathetic. I don't care if Ben throw's for 10 yds and zero TD's but the offense has to find a way to get TD's when they are in the Red Zone. Not only in the Red Zone but when you are at the 1 yd line and you can't get in, as a Steeler fan, there's a problem.

well put.. x2 what he said. We won.. Thank God.. But I can't feel great about the win.. Especially against a 4-6 team.

stillers4me
11-17-2008, 07:27 PM
I'm just enjoying another win, being 7-3, and watching the dejected Bengals fans all around me be overjoyed that "they didn't lose" (:chuckle:).

Ricco Suavez
11-17-2008, 07:27 PM

I see your point and I also know we have to put up points to help the defense. But my thing is this, our offense controlled the time clock and we moved the ball well, this gave our defense more rest than they have had in previous games. I saw vast improvement in our O as compared to previous games. Yes the bottom line is scoring, but this is still the NFL, where yards are hard to come by, especially as the field shortens, and as I stated before some games you move the ball at will but for some reason you cannot score TD's. I hope to see more of the same in the coming weeks as i believe we will finish more of these drives. And I am not lumping you with this remark, but some fans of this great team expect nothing short of perfection, and we all know there is only ONE who is perfect.

TackleMeBen
11-17-2008, 07:31 PM
ben played well but he definately has to thank harrison and troy for their outstanding play that kept them in that game.

steelpride12
11-17-2008, 08:09 PM
I have read enough!!!!! There is no pleasing Steelers fans. First Arians needs to be fired for an offense that takes too long to develop. Throw more screens you say, check down so Ben is taking fewer sacks you say. Well that is what they did and now we need to open up with the long ball. Ben is chastised for stupid throws which result in interceptions, yet now hes critiqued for missing opportunities we see from a different vantage point. Guys he only missed on what 10-11 passes. Do we really expect perfection. Parker 100yds plus on the ground. If you were told the stats of this game before kickoff and had to predict a score you would have said we win going away. Lets face it we played well on offense, its just did not show up on the scoreboard. Penalities, missed blocks, whatever the reason it was a game where we did not capitalize. And for the poster who has been cursed to see mediocre QB play for the Steelers, if you think that there are plenty of available QB's out there that will beat what we got, then you must be an out-of-work NFL scout.

Ok 11 points and a victory. The offense did what they couldn't do last week and that is move the ball. Ya injuries and Penalties stopped drives, but that's something that can and will be fixed by playoff time.The offense shortened the field and threw checkdowns all night and of course Ben had a big game as well as Ward and Parker and the refs practically erased 14 Steeler points from the board.
Sure 11 points wont get it done in the playoffs but the Steelers took one step forward to perfection.

Edman
11-17-2008, 08:23 PM
The Offense played a nice game and showed great improvement getting out of their funk. The only problem I see is the inability to finish drives. Once the O starts finishing drives, we're good to go.

There's a reason we racked up 400 yards of Offense and only came away with 11 points, we're not finishing drives.

lilyoder6
11-17-2008, 08:29 PM
i'm happy with this game and the way our off played.. just keep it going.. and a long break is deserving right now after thurs night