PDA

View Full Version : No Love for Hines!

Hapa
11-16-2008, 08:10 PM
Everyone's talking about the game ball, saying James Harrison for being a monster, Polamalu for being a kamikaze, Ben for improving, Willie for showing what he's got, but what about Hines?

11 catches for 124 yards! He's such a crazy mutherfather! Very few receivers can go over the middle like that.

Sharkissle29
11-16-2008, 08:16 PM
it's crazy that this year is becoming one of his better ones. it doesnt seem his age is showing much.

stillers4me
11-16-2008, 08:20 PM
He's like a fine wine........he gets better with age!

Watch the penalties, though, buddy.

Hapa
11-16-2008, 08:21 PM
Yea he's putting up close to Pro Bowl numbers (not really)

kmsteelerwr15
11-16-2008, 08:27 PM
hey i loved how Hines played today. Everyones right he looked better than ever

PisnNapalm
11-16-2008, 08:29 PM
Everyone's talking about the game ball, saying James Harrison for being a monster, Polamalu for being a kamikaze, Ben for improving, Willie for showing what he's got, but what about Hines?

11 catches for 124 yards! He's such a crazy mutherfather! Very few receivers can go over the middle like that.

3 penalties too...

Defense gets the game ball today. The offense put up exactly ZERO touchdowns AGAIN.

Preacher
11-16-2008, 08:29 PM
The difference is, I think, Is that Hines just had a productive day.

The others either had a productive day AFTER a bad day, AFTER injury, or an excellent day.

steelin games
11-16-2008, 08:44 PM
This may be one the hardest games to determine who deserves the game ball. Hines deserves at least a piece of it. I also hope G. Russel gets a shot at some goal line runs.:tt:tt:

Steelman16
11-16-2008, 08:47 PM
Hines is just Hines man, that is what he always does.

I'm not saying he didn't have a good game, it's just that the dude is consistent and plays hard week in and week out.

He's a REAL football player! (Sorry Goodell...)

steelpride12
11-16-2008, 10:18 PM
Hines is a good player game in and game out you always notice him good stats or not.
He came into tonight made some key catches moved the chains and played Steeler football.
Can't ask for much more.

Rek
11-16-2008, 11:35 PM
IMO, I think Hines is so good and consistent, we all just start to expect it from him so when he makes clutch catches and big games, everyone is like "well, that's what he always does". On a side note, does the guy ever fumble? I can't remember the last time I saw him cough one up this year or last.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
11-16-2008, 11:37 PM
I think that this production is expected of Hines.... Plus... He didnt nock any linebackers out today

chucoblack&gold
11-17-2008, 12:08 AM
If only santonio and nate would play with Hines' dedication:noidea:,,,,,

jjpro11
11-17-2008, 12:13 AM
i really hope we can win another super bowl to solidify his place in the hall of fame.. we all know that he deserves to go, but unfortunately the writers and other idiots that dont see every game like us may not see it that way. they will see the flash and stats of owens and moss, but fail to realize the level of clutch that hines possesses. even with that said, his stats are still HOF worthy if you ask me. but another super bowl win would lock his entry to the hall.. another super bowl mvp would be the cream filling.

jjpro11
11-17-2008, 12:15 AM
If only santonio and nate would play with Hines' dedication:noidea:,,,,,

holmes played pretty damn good today.. i loved his determination to get out of bounds on the play before the end of the half. those 3 pts ended up being the difference in the game. nate was off on his game after having some big games prior.. i expect him to bounce back though.

Galax Steeler
11-17-2008, 05:03 AM
Hines played a good game he came through with some clutch catches when we needed them he still looks like the Hines of old still making those good catches when we need them.

T.Richardson
11-17-2008, 11:51 AM
Ben can rely on Ward to make catches, and he did that today, Ward plays hard and it pays off. He already has broken the Steelers records of receptions, reception yards, and TD's I believe, correct me if im wrong. John Stallworth, and Lynn Swan are in the HOF, Ward shall be inducted, since he has more receptions, reception yards, and TD's.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-17-2008, 07:11 PM
The difference is, I think, Is that Hines just had a productive day.

Exactly, he was very productive. Did you see the intensity in his face in the 4th quarter??? I think he is working even harder to prove that an "old guy" can still produce in the clutch.

He's tougher than woodpecker lips!!

TackleMeBen
11-17-2008, 07:17 PM
hines has to watch out for the refs now. they will be watching him like a hawk now. here is hoping that hines knocks out a few more bengals thursday!!

steelersfanman92
11-17-2008, 07:49 PM
he had a great game but he got called for 2-3 blocking penalties

eafratitpm3
11-17-2008, 07:50 PM
The dink and dunk style of offense that the Steelers have been playing as of late is perfect for Hines, if you think about it he is a great YAC receiver. I don't remember but I bet out of all of his yards yesterday he probably didn't catch many over 20+ yds, most of his yardage came after the reception. Keep it up #86!!!