PDA

View Full Version : McNabb didn't know there were ties......Holy Crap!

stillers4me
11-16-2008, 09:24 PM
:chuckle: And they say Ben is dumb.

Make sure to watch the video. :laughing:

MCNABB DIDN’T KNOW THERE WERE TIES
Posted by Mike Florio on November 16, 2008, 8:26 p.m.

Holy crap.

Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb said after Sunday’s ties with the Bengals that he didn’t know an NFL game could end in a tie.

Holy crap.

He thought there would be a second overtime period if the first one ended in a tie.

Holy crap.

Even the most casual NFL fan realizes that games can end in a tie. Don’t they?

Here are Donovan’s comments.

Did we say holy crap?

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

SteelCityMan786
11-16-2008, 09:25 PM
Donovan such a dummy. lol.

devilsdancefloor
11-16-2008, 09:29 PM
maybe one to many hits to the head or he thought it was like watching the flyers during the playoffs go til someone scores?

PisnNapalm
11-16-2008, 09:32 PM
There have only been 17 tie games in the NFL since the rule was instituted in 1974. Still.... That's something he should know.

Steelman16
11-16-2008, 09:34 PM
:toofunny:

He shoulda kept his big mouth shut.

SteelCityMan786
11-16-2008, 09:36 PM
:toofunny:

He shoulda kept his big mouth shut.

He has trouble doing that sometimes. lol.

touchdownward
11-16-2008, 10:34 PM
A NFL player should know that, period.
What a doofus. :screwy:

stillers4me
11-16-2008, 10:35 PM
Maybe just being in PB Stadium dumbed him down. :chuckle:

SteelCityMan786
11-16-2008, 10:36 PM

It does that to a guy sometimes. lol.

Preacher
11-17-2008, 12:36 AM

Well, you know....

:wink02:

stlrtruck
11-17-2008, 11:31 AM
Let's face it, they don't pay him to talk to the media. But then again he didn't perform his job this week either. I wonder if fans can get a refund on the price of tickets?

T.Richardson
11-17-2008, 12:47 PM
:doh:

OneForTheToe
11-17-2008, 01:35 PM
Donovan's momma here. It's all my fault. I never told him it could end in a tie. I was concerned the news would be too traumatic for his sensitive soul.

"What? No, I'm just reading all of your fan mail honey. They all love you Donovan. Now eat you soup. I'll be in to tuck you in a minute."

:wink02:

missedgehead
11-17-2008, 03:50 PM
McNabb is a moron. What else is new? LOL I can't imagine him being in Philly much longer. What worries me about his comment is that you wonder: "What ELSE doesn't he know that he should know about football?"

Galax Steeler
11-18-2008, 05:15 AM
I thought all the nfl players knows the rules I guess Mcnabb is an eception.

steelwall
11-18-2008, 05:20 AM
I think I knew that NFL rule when I was 8. I wonder what he thought the last number on standings was?

Like if a team is 10-5-1, it would have been hilarious to hear his explination had this not all came about.

missedgehead
11-18-2008, 04:32 PM
BIG BEN THINKS HALF THE LEAGUE DIDN’T KNOW ABOUT TIES
Posted by Mike Florio on November 18, 2008, 3:20 p.m. EST
In an admission that tells us far more about the extent to which NFL players care about the sport they play than we ever wanted to know, Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger believes that 50 percent of his colleagues didn’t know that an NFL game could end in a tie.

The issue came to the forefront in the wake of stunning comments from Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb, after Philly and Cincinnati finished Sunday’s game in a 13-13 deadlock.

“People are making too big of a deal of this,” Roethlisberger said, according to our pal Tim Benz of WXDX in Pittsburgh. “They’re being too hard on Donovan. I’d bet you fifty percent of the league didn’t know that at the time. You’d be surprised. People seem to think that the quarterback should know it all, and that everyone should know that stuff. And it’s not necessarily true. Because who ever thinks of that situation? How often does it ever come up? And the rules change so often that you never know what happens.”

Um. OK. So, basically, Ben didn’t know it, either.

And receiver Hines Ward apparently didn’t know about sister-kissing until the Steelers and Falcons played to a tie in 2002.

“I thought we just played until we had a winner,” Ward said. “It’s kind of weird now that you can tie ball games.”

Yeah, it’s weird. Tie games have only been part of the NFL since 1920.

Source: PFT.com

In my opinion, McNabb's ineptitude and not knowing a basic rule that even casual fans like myself know is INDEFENSIBLE. I do not see how Ben and Hines can defend this. Sounds to me that these guys are either the stereotypical "dumb jocks" or just care more about the money than about the game they play. Maybe they don't know EVERY TEENY LITTLE rule, but come on man, knowing a game can end in a tie is basic knowledge. Why do these idiots think there is W-L-and T in the record books? Morons!

:doh: :doh:

The Patriot
11-18-2008, 04:46 PM
BIG BEN THINKS HALF THE LEAGUE DIDN’T KNOW ABOUT TIES
Posted by Mike Florio on November 18, 2008, 3:20 p.m. EST
In an admission that tells us far more about the extent to which NFL players care about the sport they play than we ever wanted to know, Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger believes that 50 percent of his colleagues didn’t know that an NFL game could end in a tie.

The issue came to the forefront in the wake of stunning comments from Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb, after Philly and Cincinnati finished Sunday’s game in a 13-13 deadlock.

“People are making too big of a deal of this,” Roethlisberger said, according to our pal Tim Benz of WXDX in Pittsburgh. “They’re being too hard on Donovan. I’d bet you fifty percent of the league didn’t know that at the time. You’d be surprised. People seem to think that the quarterback should know it all, and that everyone should know that stuff. And it’s not necessarily true. Because who ever thinks of that situation? How often does it ever come up? And the rules change so often that you never know what happens.”

Um. OK. So, basically, Ben didn’t know it, either.

And receiver Hines Ward apparently didn’t know about sister-kissing until the Steelers and Falcons played to a tie in 2002.

“I thought we just played until we had a winner,” Ward said. “It’s kind of weird now that you can tie ball games.”

Yeah, it’s weird. Tie games have only been part of the NFL since 1920.

Source: PFT.com

In my opinion, McNabb's ineptitude and not knowing a basic rule that even casual fans like myself know is INDEFENSIBLE. I do not see how Ben and Hines can defend this. Sounds to me that these guys are either the stereotypical "dumb jocks" or just care more about the money than about the game they play. Maybe they don't know EVERY TEENY LITTLE rule, but come on man, knowing a game can end in a tie is basic knowledge. Why do these idiots think there is W-L-and T in the record books? Morons!

:doh: :doh:

:applaudit: Do you even like the Steelers?

The_WARDen
11-18-2008, 04:46 PM
who really cares? I don't care if my QB knows about a rule that affects a game every 6 years or so...big deal. Now, does he know the play book, have a good arm, and win games? That's what matters.

I agree with Ben on this one...

:coffee:

fansince'76
11-18-2008, 04:59 PM
:rolleyes:

GBMelBlount
11-18-2008, 05:02 PM
He also admitted voting for Obama...... :thumbsup:

NJarhead
11-18-2008, 05:03 PM
:rolleyes:

yep.

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-19-2008, 09:06 AM
Roethlisberger defends McNabb
By John Harris
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Wednesday, November 19, 2008

• Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger came to the defense of embattled Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb, who admitted to reporters he didn't know that an NFL game can result in a tie. Steelers receiver Hines Ward supported Roethlisbeger's argument when Ward admitted to not understanding the same rule. "People are way too hard on Donovan, making way too big of a deal about this," Roethlisberger said Tuesday. "You'd be surprised. I'd bet at least 50 percent of the league didn't know that at the time." Count Ward among the 50 percent who didn't know. "I thought we were the last team to do it when we played the Falcons," he said. The Steelers and Falcons finished in a 34-34 tie in overtime Nov. 10, 2002. "I thought you just played until you had a winner," Ward said. "It's kind of weird that you can still tie ballgames." McNabb told reporters following Sunday's 13-13 finish against Cincinnati that he didn't know the game could end in a tie. Said Roethlisberger: "People just assume that the quarterback should know it all and everyone should know that stuff. Whoever thinks about that situation? How often does it come up? The rules change so often that you never know what happens."

• Tight end Heath Miller, who has missed two games because of an ankle injury, returned to practice and said he wants to play against Cincinnati on Thursday night at Heinz Field, "if I feel I'm capable of contributing to the team."

• Coach Mike Tomlin said cornerback Bryant McFadden (broken forearm) won't play against the Bengals after McFadden said last week he was targeting the game as a potential return date. Tomlin said cornerback Deshea Townsend (hamstring) will miss his second consecutive start.

Digits

15 -- Number of fourth-quarter (and overtime) comeback drives engineered by quarterback Ben Roethlisberger.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_599077.html

GBMelBlount
11-19-2008, 09:11 AM
If McNabb was our quarterback it wouldn't surprise me if he explained away all our field goals by saying he didn't know there was such a thing as a touchdown in the NFL. :noidea:

TackleMeBen
11-19-2008, 11:06 AM
If McNabb was our quarterback it wouldn't surprise me if he explained away all our field goals by saying he didn't know there was such a thing as a touchdown in the NFL. :noidea:
now that is just mean..lol:sofunny:. maybe mcnabb had too much soup before the game???

i do applaud ben for coming out and saying that he didnt know that a game could end in a tie.... :wink02:...

did anyone see tomlins comments yesterday on the issue. i was laughing so hard. :chuckle:. gotta love coach tomlin.:thumbsup:

stlrtruck
11-19-2008, 11:55 AM
did anyone see tomlins comments yesterday on the issue. i was laughing so hard. :chuckle:. gotta love coach tomlin.:thumbsup:

Tomlin had me rolling too. Pretty much told his players if you don't know - you do now and there's no excuse!

But I think it's time they change that OT rules. Go to something similar to the college rules and get it over with.

TackleMeBen
11-19-2008, 11:57 AM
Tomlin had me rolling too. Pretty much told his players if you don't know - you do now and there's no excuse!
yep... so now they cant say they dont know, unless its ben of course..lol:wink02:.

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u251/beautifulgirl427/mcnabbpeabrain1.jpg

iloveben7
11-19-2008, 05:16 PM
Ben never said he didn't know the rule, he was just saying about half of the players probably don't.

T.Richardson
11-19-2008, 06:12 PM
Is he telling the truth or is he pulling lies out of his ass (am I allowed to say that?)

This was shown on ESPN today, I was shocked he would say that.

Edit: actually, this would fit into the McNabb thread wouldnt it? damn, created a useless thread! How does this get deleted?

T.Richardson
11-19-2008, 06:24 PM
Well, today McNabb said that Hines Ward didnt know games could end in ties...

jjpro11
11-20-2008, 01:56 AM
ward played in a game with a friggin tie.. wtf is mcnabb doing?

jjpro11
11-20-2008, 01:58 AM
ward played in the last tie game in the nfl. mcnabb is full of shit

X-Terminator
11-20-2008, 08:19 AM
Actually, Hines admitted on local TV yesterday that he did not know there were ties either, and thought that the league did away with them after the Steelers/Falcons tie in 2002. The league did discuss getting rid of ties back then, but it never got off the ground.

X-Terminator
11-20-2008, 08:26 AM
ward played in the last tie game in the nfl. mcnabb is full of shit

No, he's not.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showpost.php?p=478632&postcount=3

jjpro11
11-20-2008, 10:45 AM
then wth is the matter with these guys? how can you not know the overtime rule if your only job is playing football?

The_WARDen
11-20-2008, 11:25 AM
then wth is the matter with these guys? how can you not know the overtime rule if your only job is playing football?

because it happens once in a blue moon (like 6 years ago)...

I can't believe this is still a story, living here in Philly is insane with this nonsense.

:noidea:

JEFF4i
11-20-2008, 11:29 AM
You guys have it ALL wrong.

McNabb just looked in the mirror and asked himself, "Do I want to be a retard? Or do I want to legitimately tie the Bengals?"