PDA

View Full Version : How Come....

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
11-16-2008, 09:49 PM
How come there are quite a few non-Steeler fans on a website that is so blatantly a Steelers website?

MACH1
11-16-2008, 10:20 PM
Because their jealous and want to be a Steeler fan and haven't come out of the closet yet. :sofunny:

Steelman16
11-16-2008, 10:25 PM
Well, if you mean the Pats fans on here, I dunno. :chuckle:

I don't mind posters from other teams as long as they're not trolls. We have quite a few respected members from opposing teams who post regularly on this board.

Only one Bungle fan though. (hasn't seen the light yet. :wink02: )

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
11-16-2008, 10:27 PM
Lol, I guess they just wanna be cool like us.

But seriously there are some on here with really high post counts that seem like they have been around for a while. I couldn't imagine being on say, a Bungles fansite :sofunny:

The Duke
11-16-2008, 11:59 PM
I like the fact there are many different fans here as long as they aren't trolls

Shows you how great we are :sign04:

On the top of my mind, browns, bengals, raiders, patriots, even a 49ers fan recently. Pretty cool if you ask me

Preacher
11-17-2008, 12:06 AM
Some actually like talking about football. I was on another couple sites, because I enjoyed talking about football.

xfl2001fan
11-17-2008, 06:33 AM
How come there are quite a few non-Steeler fans on a website that is so blatantly a Steelers website?

There have been a grand total of 2 sites that I have found that aren't chock-full of Trolls. One was a Browns site and one is this one. The problem with talking football on a Browns site as a Browns fan is that you rarely get a difference in opinion.

I like the people here...even if it was a rocky initiation. :wink02:

I also like the political discussions (at least when they're not getting out of hand) and other ideas that get floated around here. There's a great corps of Military Vets here that see Vet first, fandom second.

It's a well-run site with a great group of Mods. The fact that you are almost all Steelers fans is a flaw I can overlook. :flap:

:drink:

GBMelBlount
11-17-2008, 07:51 AM
SF is the only place where I interact with others on-line so I can't make comparisons but I feel that "outsiders" are treated respectfully here if they are respectful of the fact that this is a Steelers board. I feel that even though the mods get labeled as "fan police" at times, they work extremely hard to create an environment where anybody who is generally respectful, even if in the minority, can be a part of the SF family. There are several "outsiders" such as Troysbaddawg, xfl2001 and Silver and black that I like, respect and consider to be "friends." :drink:

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-17-2008, 08:01 AM

This is a Steelers site???

Awwwww man!!:doh:

revefsreleets
11-17-2008, 09:46 AM

Self hate?

beSteelmyheart
11-17-2008, 06:30 PM
Maybe it's our bubbly personalities!:wink02:
I used to wander over to the Bucs website (the "Official"one-I guess you could say the Bucs are my Florida team) & they seem like a bunch of kids over there that get into silly arguments too often. Sometimes the silly arguments happen over here but it's a little more thoughful & mature, even more so than the Steelers' official website forums, also.

NJarhead
11-17-2008, 07:06 PM
Look, here comes one of our closet Steelers fans now. :wink02:

Now where's Patsie?

There have been a grand total of 2 sites that I have found that aren't chock-full of Trolls. One was a Browns site and one is this one. The problem with talking football on a Browns site as a Browns fan is that you rarely get a difference in opinion.

I like the people here...even if it was a rocky initiation. :wink02:

I also like the political discussions (at least when they're not getting out of hand) and other ideas that get floated around here. There's a great corps of Military Vets here that see Vet first, fandom second.

It's a well-run site with a great group of Mods. The fact that you are almost all Steelers fans is a flaw I can overlook. :flap:

:drink:

xfl2001fan
11-17-2008, 07:27 PM
Look, here comes one of our closet Steelers fans now. :wink02:

Now where's Patsie?

I used to like you...not sure why. :wink:

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
11-17-2008, 08:43 PM
Maybe it's our bubbly personalities!:wink02:

I think it's the dashing good looks :chuckle: