PDA

View Full Version : Notebook: Let it snow, let it snow ..

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-17-2008, 10:26 AM
Notebook: Let it snow, let it snow ..
By Chris Harlan
Times Sports Staff
Published: Monday, November 17, 2008 12:09 AM EST

CLARK: LET IT SNOW

Steelers safety Ryan Clark was happy to see snow showers cover Heinz Field’s turf in the hour leading up to kickoff.

“The weather conditions turned it into our type of game,” Clark said. “The most physical team — the team that could impose its will upfront — would win.”

Running on a soft field, LaDainian Tomlinson rushed for only 57 yards and Philip Rivers threw two interceptions.

“I’m not going to say the snow didn’t help,” Clark said. “It did.”

SECONDARY ISSUES

The Steelers secondary had a few new faces.

Steelers defensive back William Gay made his first career start, replacing injured teammate Deshea Townsend at left cornerback, and newly signed Fernando Bryant took Gay’s place as the third corner.

Combined, the patchwork unit held the Chargers’ receivers in check, allowing only 159 yards passing and no touchdowns.

Gay had three tackles. Bryant had two.

Townsend (hamstring) and Bryant McFadden (broken arm) were among the Steelers designated as inactive. Joining the two cornerbacks were OT Marvel Smith (back), TE Heath Miller (ankle), DE Orpheus Roye, LB Bruce Davis, OL Tony Hills and QB Dennis Dixon.

GUTSY PLAY

Even though Troy Polamalu’s touchdown was taken away, fellow safety Ryan Clark was impressed by his teammate’s aggressiveness.

“I wouldn’t even try that,” said Clark, who was waiting downfield. “I was just going to sit back there incase they (got through). ... That’s what makes us great. I think like that and he thinks the other way. In the end he makes a great play.”

Xs & Os

* Steelers receiver Hines Ward had 11 catches for 124 yards, both season highs, during Sunday’s victory. This was the 18th career 100-yard game for Ward.

* Tight end Matt Spaeth, making his seventh start of the season, had six catches for 55 yards. This was the team’s second straight game without Heath Miller (ankle).

* Jeff Reed’s 32-yard game-winning field goal was the seventh in his career and the second this season.
http://www.timesonline.com/articles/2008/11/17/sports/steelers/doc4920fc5c6db91002344460.txt

viclyn
11-18-2008, 12:22 AM
I need some help. I can;t get anyone to reply to me about the Steelers. We are coming ti Pittsburgh for the game on Dec 7th. Can someone please tell me what to wear? Where some places are to go?> Where to find the best prices on Steelers Stuff? I am so excited to come and have not been able to get any help. I would like to know the best places to eat, etc. If you can help I would really appreciate it. me email is vld22@verizon.net. Thanks Vicki

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
11-18-2008, 12:40 AM
I need some help. I can;t get anyone to reply to me about the Steelers. We are coming ti Pittsburgh for the game on Dec 7th. Can someone please tell me what to wear? Where some places are to go?> Where to find the best prices on Steelers Stuff? I am so excited to come and have not been able to get any help. I would like to know the best places to eat, etc. If you can help I would really appreciate it. me email is vld22@verizon.net. Thanks Vicki

You would probably get more luck opening your own thread on the subject. Sadly I have been away from Pittsburgh since I was a kid, so I can't be of much help. Congrats on going to see the game, should be a doozy!!!:tt02:

stillers4me
11-18-2008, 06:20 AM

Dress warm and lots of black and gold!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steel Duck
11-18-2008, 06:37 AM

Stay at the Marriott Springhill suites (it's the closest hotel to the stadium..and it's a great place!)
Eat at Grill 36.....Atrias... the hotel eatery Soho's...Primanti bros and Lydias
Do some shopping in Station Square....and make sure you take a trip on the incline up to Mt Washington.
If the weather was nicer I'd reccomend Ducky tours....but it's a bit too cold this time of year.
Don't forget to check out the Sports Museum.
Make sure to wear something very warm to the game...and get prepared for making more friends then you ever imagined possible!!!!!!!! :tt02::tt:

P.S most people outside of Pittsburgh don't realize you can't walk in a liqour store and just purchase a 6 or a 12 pack....You HAVE to buy a case! Or you can buy a couple of beers from a bar....but you really pay out the ass!

SCSTILLER
11-18-2008, 09:25 AM
Tight end Matt Spaeth, making his seventh start of the season, had six catches for 55 yards. This was the team’s second straight game without Heath Miller (ankle).

I hope that they utilize Miller like they have been Spaeth when he comes back. I think that Miller is more athletic than Spaeth, and just a better TE. But Spaeth has really impressed me though.

SCSTILLER
11-18-2008, 09:27 AM

You can find some really good Steelers stuff in the Strip District, a ton of stuff that you wouldn't find in your normal Walmarts, Dicks, etc.

T.Richardson
11-18-2008, 05:47 PM

Go to the strip for some fun, and visit that one place, I forget what its called, I know its on the southside, but it has the Cheesecake factory!

well, the store where I bought some Steelers apparel is The Steelers Sideline Store, but its like an hour north of Pittsburgh in Grove City.

Bring some warm clothing, it usually is cold around Dec.