PDA

View Full Version : The FBI needs to get involved...

Sharkissle29
11-17-2008, 02:20 PM
Guys i have a funny feeling that something fishy is going on. Yesterday the integrity of the game, IMO, is in question. There was a $100 million dollar swing because of that last play. The refs negated 2 Pittsburgh Steelers touchdowns.The VP of officiating and the referees of the game are giving two separate excuses for why the call was made. The VP saying it was the first lateral, and the actual refs saying it was the 2nd lateral.

Is it just me or does something just not feel right at all?? I think this game was fixed, no doubt about it.

13 to 1 in penalties?

Maybe im out of line.

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
11-17-2008, 02:25 PM
But we still won! What kind of team can defeat two opponents in one game?

T.Richardson
11-17-2008, 02:28 PM
But we still won! What kind of team can defeat two opponents in one game?

The steelers! But those holding calls, and push in the back calls were the right calls, I dont blame them. Its just that they never called the Chargers for the same penalties. Thats just makes me question there abilities.

Sharkissle29
11-17-2008, 02:34 PM
The steelers! But those holding calls, and push in the back calls were the right calls, I dont blame them. Its just that they never called the Chargers for the same penalties. Thats just makes me question there abilities.

Im not gonna argue the call on the willie TD, it was a hold. but harrison was literally held every single play, thats not an exaggeration. no calls.

T.Richardson
11-17-2008, 02:36 PM
Im not gonna argue the call on the willie TD, it was a hold. but harrison was literally held every single play, thats not an exaggeration. no calls.

agreed. The one penalty the refs blew. The pass interference call on Taylor.

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
11-17-2008, 02:37 PM
The Steelers' blitz has been mauled all season, and for as long as I can remember, by holding. Yes, holding happens on every play and you can't call them all, but call a few to at least try and keep them in line.

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
11-17-2008, 02:38 PM
agreed. The one penalty the refs blew. The pass interference call on Taylor.

And the last one:doh:

STEELAMANIA
11-17-2008, 02:56 PM
On Troy's td I read the lips of one of the refs and he said he was waiting to make the final call after he got a word from his bookie in vegas

bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
The refs just proved they put money on the game yesterday

fansince'76
11-17-2008, 03:09 PM
On Troy's td I read the lips of one of the refs and he said he was waiting to make the final call after he got a word from his bookie in vegas

bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
The refs just proved they put money on the game yesterday

If we would've started SWEEEEEEEED, we would've won by 40+. :chuckle:

steelpride12
11-17-2008, 03:09 PM

Here we go! :rofl:

Rek
11-17-2008, 03:15 PM
I would like to think the league I've been watching since I was a kid wasn't fixed, but the more I think and read about it, the more i smell a http://www.ibored.com/icon/rat.jpg

SteelMember
11-17-2008, 03:16 PM

I don't even think the current slow-motion replay technology could even keep up with SWEEEEEEED. :toofunny:

MasterOfPuppets
11-17-2008, 03:20 PM
why wasn't the last play reviewed? even if it was a forward lateral, wouldn't it be considered a fumble if the other team recovers?

STEELAMANIA
11-17-2008, 03:20 PM

It was nice to see my boy Sweed raising up his hands in victory by Tomlin after Reed kicks the game winning FG........

AND I WAS MAD at Nate for dropping at least 2 passes right in his hands.........Keep it up Nate and SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED is the new #3

MasterOfPuppets
11-17-2008, 03:28 PM
It was nice to see my boy Sweed raising up his hands in victory by Tomlin after Reed kicks the game winning FG........

AND I WAS MAD at Nate for dropping at least 2 passes right in his hands.........Keep it up Nate and SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED is the new #3sweeds hands go higher than any of the other recievers.....he's a big asset on the sidelines....:popcorn:

tony hipchest
11-17-2008, 03:31 PM
sweeds hands go higher than any of the other recievers.....he's a big asset on the sidelines....:popcorn::toofunny:
he gets things of the top shelf at the grocery store.

stlrtruck
11-17-2008, 03:33 PM
It's done, it's over. If you're that pissed off about it send a letter to Commissioner Good Deal, I mean Goodell and the head of officiating.

Let's look ahead to Thursday night when we can officially eliminate the bungals from the playoffs - again!!!

fansince'76
11-17-2008, 03:34 PM
Let's look ahead to Thursday night when we can officially eliminate the bungals from the playoffs - again!!!

Speaking of which have the Titans at least clinched a WC berth yet? :noidea:

Rek
11-17-2008, 03:35 PM
why wasn't the last play reviewed? even if it was a forward lateral, wouldn't it be considered a fumble if the other team recovers?

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y171/3DSumoWrestler/lt_pass.jpg

That looks pretty darn close to me...

jjpro11
11-17-2008, 03:45 PM
it doesnt matter if it was a legal lateral or not.. if it was a forward lateral, the ball never hit the ground, therefore the play was never at any point dead. they completely botched that call.

Sharkissle29
11-17-2008, 03:53 PM
It's done, it's over. If you're that pissed off about it send a letter to Commissioner Good Deal, I mean Goodell and the head of officiating.

unfortunately my voice would be left unheard.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
11-17-2008, 05:36 PM
http://www.profile-tweak.com/uploads/images/2008-11-17/2Ys6vRjQtq.gif
Forward Lateral.

revefsreleets
11-17-2008, 05:55 PM
Remember the last time we played the Chargers? They fumbled a punt and we recovered, but, for some reason I still don't understand, we had to re-kick to them. The refs basically called "Mulligan".

There's an awful lot of smoke, and where there's smoke, there's usually a fire. Something is definitely rotten In Denmark..

Sharkissle29
11-17-2008, 06:43 PM
http://www.profile-tweak.com/uploads/images/2008-11-17/2Ys6vRjQtq.gif
Forward Lateral.

a drawn in line doesnt prove to me that thats a forward lateral.

the refs admitted they made the wrong call so i dunno what you're trying to prove.

JEFF4i
11-17-2008, 06:52 PM
Neil, the ball didn't hit the ground. Forward lateral or not, if it doesn't hit the ground, the play is still alive.

Okay, here's my problem. They gave the Chargers a touchdown on a HORRIBLE pass interferance call. THEN, THEN...we lose one when in fact Mr. Holmes(I believe it was good ole #10) did cross the line on that passing play. Neither even were spoken about by the refs. Are they serious?

If you add it up, without considering consequential action, the score really should've finished at 20-3.

beSteelmyheart
11-17-2008, 06:54 PM
"the refs admitted they made the wrong call so i dunno what you're trying to prove."
But that's after the fact, after the damage was already done.

Must... forget.....1996......Must never......mention that name......:banging:

NJarhead
11-17-2008, 07:03 PM
[I]
[B]Must... forget.....1996......Must never......mention that name......:banging:

"BLOOKER!"
http://www.tipiloschi.net/nino/ninoland/MartyFeldmanIgor.jpg

This "name" you're referring to. Is he in this photo? :chuckle:

http://www.grantchambless.com/DC%20VI/Pittsburgh_Steelers_quarterback_Neil_O_Donnell_14_ flings_a_pass_during_Super_Bowl_XXX_a_27_17_Dallas _Cowboys_victory_over_the_Pittsburgh_Steelers_on_. jpg

Sharkissle29
11-17-2008, 07:05 PM
Neil, the ball didn't hit the ground. Forward lateral or not, if it doesn't hit the ground, the play is still alive.

Okay, here's my problem. They gave the Chargers a touchdown on a HORRIBLE pass interferance call. THEN, THEN...we lose one when in fact Mr. Holmes(I believe it was good ole #10) did cross the line on that passing play. Neither even were spoken about by the refs. Are they serious?

If you add it up, without considering consequential action, the score really should've finished at 20-3.

jeff, i believe the play you are talking about was on 3rd down and i believe it was actually nate washington. from what i can remember, that was at the end of the first and we could have challenged but opted not to. i thought it was maybe worth a shot, but the camera angles werent very definitive.

bozz723
11-17-2008, 07:05 PM
It doesn't matter if it was forward, which it clearly wasn't. In no way shape or form was the ball thrown in front of LT, you are delusional if you think so.

The point is, even if he threw it 50 yards in the air and it didn't touch the grownd they can't take away a TD. Not to mention they reviewed the play, said it was a TD, then "huddled" again I say"huddled" - after they had reviewed the play and confirmed it was a TD, and called it off!

It was fixed, it was rigged there is no doubt about it.

JEFF4i
11-17-2008, 07:33 PM
jeff, i believe the play you are talking about was on 3rd down and i believe it was actually nate washington. from what i can remember, that was at the end of the first and we could have challenged but opted not to. i thought it was maybe worth a shot, but the camera angles werent very definitive.

Very true, and yeah, it was Nate Washington. My mistake. I don't really blame Tomlin for not challenging, but I've got that Dish DVR, looked pretty darn close to me, even closer than the spot, being objective. Being biased, looked like it crossed.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
11-18-2008, 06:15 PM
I'll just say this: If the steelers can lead the worst Super Bowl Qb performance ever (statistically) to a victory, they sure should've been able to lead O'Donnell to a victory. I thought for sure Big Ben's putrid SB performance would put the haters to rest. And believe me, I'm a devout Steelers and Roethlisberger fan.