PDA

View Full Version : Preparing for "Change"

GBMelBlount
11-17-2008, 08:24 PM
In preparation for Obama's presidency I have started to test out the dollar menus at local fast food restaurants. In all honesty, there are several items I have found to be quite tasty but my favorite so far is the "Wendy's Double Stack" hamburger. So I am going to cast my vote for that, but I wanted to see if there is anything else that I may have missed that is popular. So feel free to add your favorite to the list and vote for it.

Wendy's Double Stack 1

steelwall
11-17-2008, 08:28 PM
I don't think anyone can compaire to Wendys dollar menu. I'm partial to the chili myself.

xfl2001fan
11-17-2008, 08:29 PM
The only "fast food" I really enjoy is Subway.

$5 footlong,

Parmesan Oregano Bread, Spicy Italian, Pepper Jack Cheese, Lettuce, Onions, all 3 peppers, Vinegar and Southwest Sauce (that combination is great for "kissable breath"!!!)

GBMelBlount
11-17-2008, 08:30 PM
I don't think anyone can compaire to Wendys dollar menu. I'm partial to the chili myself.

Well then can you please follow my instructions and add it to the list and vote for it. This is MY thread you know. :chuckle:

GBMelBlount
11-17-2008, 08:30 PM
The only "fast food" I really enjoy is Subway.

$5 footlong,

Parmesan Oregano Bread, Spicy Italian, Pepper Jack Cheese, Lettuce, Onions, all 3 peppers, Vinegar and Southwest Sauce (that combination is great for "kissable breath"!!!)

Stop hijacking my thread. :doh:

steelwall
11-17-2008, 08:36 PM
OK..

Wendy's dollar menu Chili - 1

GBMelBlount
11-17-2008, 08:39 PM
Dollar menu Favorites:

Wendy's Double Stack 1
Wendy's Chili 1

revefsreleets
11-17-2008, 09:02 PM
I had a couple Whopper Jr's recently. Not bad...less filling. Tastes great!

NJarhead
11-17-2008, 09:02 PM
You're definitely on thr right track with Wendy's. The side salads are great too (portion vs. cost).

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
11-17-2008, 09:28 PM
I've never eaten at Wendy's :redface:

Been eating double quarter pounders with cheese, mayo, and bacon without the bun lately. Love the anabolic diet!

Old standby is always a whole pizza washed down with white russians!

Polamalu Princess
11-17-2008, 09:50 PM
My DH is making me fat with that burger - damn him.

Taco Bell's Soft Taco Supreme 1
Wendy's Double Stack 1
Wendy's Chili 1

Preacher
11-17-2008, 09:53 PM
I gotta admit, I am partial to Taco Bell when it comes to taste and filling vs. cost.

Taco Bell's Soft Taco Supreme 2
Wendy's Double Stack 1
Wendy's Chili 1

touchdownward
11-17-2008, 09:54 PM
I like Wendy's, but I got the Hershey's the last time I ate there (damn spicy chicken sandwich). :poop:

I'm still gonna go with one of my all time favorites, the Wendy's Jr. bacon cheeseburger.
Wendy's Double Stack 1
Wendy's Chili 1
Wendy's Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger

Sorry for the graphic beginning to my post but I like to be thorough. :chuckle:

NJarhead
11-17-2008, 09:56 PM
I gotta admit, I am partial to Taco Bell when it comes to taste and filling vs. cost.

Wendy's Double Stack 1
Wendy's Chili 1

Well then, put me down for 3 chicken soft tacos and 3 chicken mexi-melts (sour cream on all please). :drool:

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
11-17-2008, 09:56 PM
Hmm...forgot about Taco Bell... Gotta be a #6 with a chicken quesidilla (sp?) for me!:applaudit:

Polamalu Princess
11-17-2008, 09:57 PM

Wendy's Double Stack 1
Wendy's Chili 1

Please kick that double stack off so I can no longer be tempted!!!!:thumbsup:

touchdownward
11-17-2008, 09:58 PM
Hey, hey, hey aren't we polling items on the dollar menus only. :rulez::joker:

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
11-17-2008, 10:11 PM
Oh, sorry....former fat kid here...

Um, honestly nothing off the dollar menu fills me up, so I don't usually buy off of it.

Does 5 Arby Melts for 5 dollars count? If so I finished off a whole bag of them on the way home from work the other night... a 20 minute drive:noidea:

tony hipchest
11-17-2008, 10:17 PM
mcdonnalds green chile double cheeseburger - $1

Churches chicken 2 pc tuesday special- $1

KFC- chicken fried steak meal (tuesday special) - $2 (now raised to $2.39)

KFC- buffalo chicken snackers- $1

sonic - buy 1 get 1 free sonic burger $2 bucks + change

little ceasars- 1 large 1 topping- $5 (lunch PLUS cold dinner for the fam...)

arbys- 5 arby melts for $6

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
11-17-2008, 10:18 PM
Holy crap I am hungry now! Damn diet! Damn it all!

Preacher
11-17-2008, 10:24 PM
Holy crap I am hungry now! Damn diet! Damn it all!

:chuckle:

I started one today too!!

touchdownward
11-17-2008, 10:25 PM
Me and the Lady ate chinese buffet tonight (Fortune Cookie) so I don't know why I'm even talking about food. :eat:

I get my $8.29 worth and hers.

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
:chuckle:

I started one today too!!

lol...Well I have lost 30 lbs so far, and only have about 8 left to go, so I can't stop now!!!:banging:

NJarhead
mcdonnalds green chile double cheeseburger - $1

Churches chicken 2 pc tuesday special- $1

KFC- chicken fried steak meal (tuesday special) - $2 (now raised to $2.39)

KFC- buffalo chicken snackers- $1

sonic - buy 1 get 1 free sonic burger $2 bucks + change

little ceasars- 1 large 1 topping- $5 (lunch PLUS cold dinner for the fam...)

arbys- 5 arby melts for $6

:mad: We don't have any Sonics around here. Tell me, have you ever put a little rum in one of them Ocean Waters? Always seemed intriguing to me (like the hurricane drinks in New Orleans.....keep your jokes to yourself).

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
11-17-2008, 10:38 PM
:mad: We don't have any Sonics around here. Tell me, have you ever put a little rum in one of them Ocean Waters? Always seemed intriguing to me (like the hurricane drinks in New Orleans.....keep your jokes to yourself).

Never tried that, but I mix vodka with sweet tea and lime all the time:thumbsup::drink::thumbsup:

NJarhead
11-17-2008, 10:45 PM
Never tried that, but I mix vodka with sweet tea and lime all the time:thumbsup::drink::thumbsup:

Those Ocean Waters are screaming for a little added booze. I may try the tea/lime/vodka thing. Thanks.

Preacher
11-17-2008, 11:02 PM
lol...Well I have lost 30 lbs so far, and only have about 8 left to go, so I can't stop now!!!:banging:

\Good for you.

Though you know... you can never really go "off" the diet.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
11-17-2008, 11:24 PM
The dollar menue has never been the same ever since McDonnalds removed their chicken fahijta from the menue

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
11-18-2008, 12:49 AM
\Good for you.

Though you know... you can never really go "off" the diet.

Very true, I hazard to call it a "diet" anyway. I eat (literally), sleep, and breath fitness and nutrition now. I don't know what "diet" you are on right now, but for teaching you how to build healthy meals and control your portions I can't recommend the Zone Diet enough. If you are interested let me know, and I can point you toward a PDF to get you started in the right direction.

I lost about 25 lbs on the Zone "method of eating" to the Anabolic "method of eating" recently and lost another 5 lbs. I have just been overdoing it on the weekend carb ups, I need to keep that in control.

Oh, and TheWarDen86, that drink is called an "icepick". I made it on accident when I ran out of Kahlua and couldn't make my white russians, twas a sad sad day :alcohol:

Steelman16
11-18-2008, 01:38 AM
What if Obama puts a 300% tax on the dollar menu too? :chuckle:

I tend to eat a lot of McDonalds spicy McChickens off the dollar menu, but any taco from any taco place is my way to roll.

Down in south Texas, I'd pick up two REAL tacos for .99 cents each. They fill ya right up. (sorry Campbells...)

GBMelBlount
11-18-2008, 06:54 AM
......for teaching you how to build healthy meals and control your portions I can't recommend the Zone Diet enough. If you are interested let me know, and I can point you toward a PDF to get you started in the right direction.

I lost about 25 lbs on the Zone "method of eating" to the Anabolic "method of eating" recently and lost another 5 lbs. I have just been overdoing it on the weekend carb ups, I need to keep that in control.

Oh, and TheWarDen86, that drink is called an "icepick". I made it on accident when I ran out of Kahlua and couldn't make my white russians, twas a sad sad day :alcohol:

Me too. I have lost about 25 lbs primarily following the zone diet and put on about 10 - 15 pounds of muscle in 2008. I also follow "Eating right 4 your (blood) type". I have a couple of .pdf files available for that book.