PDA

View Full Version : another Browns Primetime Beat down...

tony hipchest
11-17-2008, 08:32 PM
:coffee:

r u ready for some football?

fansince'76
11-17-2008, 08:33 PM
Sure, why not? :chuckle:

tony hipchest
11-17-2008, 08:42 PM
i watched the falcons for the 1st time this year, yesterday and am looking forward to seeing what the bills are all about.

seeing the browns take it in the poop chute, is always an added bonus...

(wow, as they intercept the 1st pass)

The Duke
11-17-2008, 08:43 PM
Here comes Quinn :cheer:

revefsreleets
11-17-2008, 09:03 PM
I think the Browns win this one. Quinn is the real deal, as I've said all along. He'll get better each game...

Steelcitygal87
11-17-2008, 09:14 PM
I am wondering...is it all that smoke in Trent Edwards's eyes??? or does he not know his team is the ones in the BLUE uniforms???

His defense is playing pretty well, for the mess he is getting them into.

tony hipchest
11-17-2008, 09:15 PM
well if they cant do shit with 3 int in the 1st quarter they definitely deserve to lose.

6 pts?

(quinn aint getting much support from his pass catchers)

Steelcitygal87
11-17-2008, 09:19 PM
otta be fun to see what quinn does with this field p.

Preacher
11-17-2008, 09:20 PM
I am wanting Quinn to throw that bad pick 6 to lose the game!

Steeler in Carolina
11-17-2008, 09:40 PM
I'm ready to see Quinn stink it up.

revefsreleets
Nobody ever listens to me when I talk about the Browns. I called DA. I called them beating the Giants. I called Quinn.

I'm inundated with Browns info living here, and I digest it without homer bias.

HereWeGoSteelers219
ESPN Monday Night Football Schedule = Epic Fail.

Preacher
11-17-2008, 10:48 PM
I think the Browns win this one. Quinn is the real deal, as I've said all along. He'll get better each game...

You're probably right... but I am still going to route against him EVERY TIME to screw it all up. :chuckle:

GutterflowerSteel
11-17-2008, 11:04 PM
WHOOO - go BILLS - they're back in the game! I picked them in the Pigskin Pick 'em :thumbsup:

jjpro11
11-17-2008, 11:26 PM
nice pass quinn

Preacher
11-17-2008, 11:42 PM
Brady is driving them... I SO hope for him to screw it up! :laughing:

Edman
11-17-2008, 11:47 PM
Cleveland celebrating too early.

There's still a minute to play, idiots.

Edman
11-17-2008, 11:48 PM
FAR too much time for the Bills. And the Clowns allow a long return.

JEFF4i
11-17-2008, 11:51 PM
And a killer pass.

fansince'76
11-17-2008, 11:53 PM
Not exactly a chip shot for the Bills.

Edman
11-17-2008, 11:54 PM
Bills miss the Field Goal. Cleveland will win.

Wide Right. Ironic.

Preacher
11-17-2008, 11:54 PM
Dang it.

Browns win.

Oh well. Guess I will jump over to the Brown's board and congratulate them.

fansince'76
11-17-2008, 11:55 PM
Lindell = Norwood.

BozMan
11-18-2008, 12:13 AM
God, do I hate the Browns. If only they could have blown another late lead, I would have won my pick 'em pool outright. So close.... dammit

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
11-18-2008, 12:15 AM
What a horrible game..

at least we won..but what a horrible game.

Steelman16
11-18-2008, 12:50 AM
Lindell = Norwood.

Sad, 'cuz Lindell's been a good kicker usually.

fansince'76
11-18-2008, 12:53 AM
Sad, 'cuz Lindell's been a good kicker usually.

It was the Bills' coaching staff's fault - you never just settle for a 45+ yard FG with almost a minute on the clock and a timeout left - they could have at least tried to get it closer.

The Duke
11-18-2008, 01:00 AM
It was the Bills' coaching staff's fault - you never just settle for a 45+ yard FG with almost a minute on the clock and a timeout left - they could have at least tried to get it closer.

Fire Arians? :hunch:

MACH1
11-18-2008, 01:04 AM
Fire Arians? :hunch:

That's what Kuhn would do. :chuckle:

xfl2001fan
11-18-2008, 07:33 AM
The Browns are back....uhhh...Steelers are going down...ummmm...We're winning the Superbowl this year!!!

Alright, so now that the trolls are out of the way...what an ugly and sloppy loss. I don't know WTH is wrong with BE...but he has got to learn to hold on to the ball more. I really think that the Browns are missing Joe-J really bad right now.

An ugly win over a sliding team. So, in 4 victories, only 1 was a really quality win (Giants.)

steelwall
11-18-2008, 07:49 AM

Agreed, just plain stupid. Hell if you're that afraid of a turnover then just quit.

missedgehead
11-18-2008, 09:11 AM
Game was pretty fun actually. Glad the Bills lost.

revefsreleets
11-18-2008, 09:15 AM
Quinn wasn't overly impressive, but he didn't have as much help as he could have. I expect by time we play them he'll have his head wrapped around the position...

stlrtruck
11-18-2008, 11:04 AM
Quinn wasn't overly impressive, but he didn't have as much help as he could have. I expect by time we play them he'll have his head wrapped around the position...

The kid is gaining some confidence. It's possible by the end of the year, the clowns could beat our second stringers, end the stream of losses, and look forward to "next year" while we rest our starters late in the game for a few more hours rest before the BYE week and a home game.

TackleMeBen
11-18-2008, 11:06 AM
we cant lose to the browns no matter who is out there...first string, second string..etc...

Edman
11-18-2008, 11:42 AM
The last game of the season could potentially be a loss.

We're resting our starters for the playoffs, and Cleveland would love to end their disappointing season on a high note by beating the Steelers in Heinz.

Then the cycle repeats again. Cleveland makes a few splashes in FA, hire some new big talking dudes in the front office, media coddles them, Browns fans talk their offseason crap, telling us how they've closed the gap, our reign in the North is over, how much our team sucks, etc... then it's back to business beating them.

revefsreleets
11-18-2008, 12:04 PM
We are practically a second string team right now, and we still look pretty good.

I can't see the Browns beating us regardless...but they'll make it a game.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
11-18-2008, 04:16 PM
We are practically a second string team right now, and we still look pretty good.

I can't see the Browns beating us regardless...but they'll make it a game.

Hey as long as we still have a piss-poor defense (save Rogers and a few.), Braylon not catching the damn ball, and the Fatman at the helm. There's no reason to think otherwise.

Some changes are going to have to be made this off season. Starting with us hiring a good coach.

Crushzilla
11-18-2008, 08:28 PM
http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/lol-romeo.jpg

P.S. Kissing Suzy Kolber is a great site.

steelpride12
11-18-2008, 08:50 PM
Im truly not impressed with Quinn yet. He has not been able to get a ball down the field 20+yards.
He is playing the short and check down games and that does not show his true ability.

The browns are moving in the right direction from him and sadly to say he will be a pretty good QB, but he needs to open up his arm and throw those deep routes to Braylon(If he can hold on.)

T.Richardson
11-18-2008, 09:01 PM
Browns WR sucks, especially Braylon...He has worse hands than Ike!

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
11-18-2008, 11:25 PM
Im truly not impressed with Quinn yet. He has not been able to get a ball down the field 20+yards.
He is playing the short and check down games and that does not show his true ability.

The browns are moving in the right direction from him and sadly to say he will be a pretty good QB, but he needs to open up his arm and throw those deep routes to Braylon(If he can hold on.)

I've been wondering about the lack of the deep ball and why it hasn't occured yet.. My guess is they're still trying to minimize his mistakes as he is still pretty much a rook.

While I wasn't so much impressed with him in this game, I can say that if we lost the game it most definitely was not on his shoulders.

I think we have some pieces in place, still a lot better than like..say..2004. But still we're a long ways off to being built back up again. A new coach would be a step in the right direction, I hope its Cowher but I'm not holding my breath.

I'm still not sure what happened to Braylon, an off year for sure for him. Same with K2. And Dainty Stallworth needs to be cut or traded for something.

stlrtruck
11-19-2008, 09:13 AM
If he's managing the game, why does he need to throw the deep ball. With the talent he supposedly has had WR he should be able to throw a little 10-15 yard dinker and have it go for 30 yards or even break the big one. The problem is, that eventually he'll be in the situation where he needs a big one and it's going to cost them because he won't have the protection to get it down field.

I was impressed with his presence in the pocket against the jills, especially when they brought the house. He definitely has the potential to be a threat in the future. But by then he'll be traded to another team because the FO and coaching staff just don't get it!

revefsreleets
11-19-2008, 09:35 AM
I really need to point out that Brandon McDonald (as I predicted) looks like dogshit. As long as he's on the field the Steelers have long-strike capabilities on just about any play, regardless of who we have playing WR.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
11-19-2008, 10:00 AM
I really need to point out that Brandon McDonald (as I predicted) looks like dogshit. As long as he's on the field the Steelers have long-strike capabilities on just about any play, regardless of who we have playing WR.

He played a lot harder during this last game against Buffalo, I believe he stripped a ball or too.. That being said, he needs help, I'm hoping to pick up a corner in free agency this next coming year.

But the game against Denver really pissed me off.

I was impressed with his presence in the pocket against the jills, especially when they brought the house. He definitely has the potential to be a threat in the future. But by then he'll be traded to another team because the FO and coaching staff just don't get it!

Romeo's an idiot as a head coach, as a coordinator dude knows how to work under a general type coach, but not to be the general. He handled the DA situation completely wrong, and then pretty much took credit for starting BQ, when we know for a fact he wasn't going to do it.