PDA

View Full Version : Home Field Disadvantage?

Edman
11-17-2008, 09:30 PM
I've been really disappointed in the Heinz Field home crowd these past two games. Is it just me, or does it seem that it isn't as cheery as usual? It's like once the Steelers fall behind or mess up, the crowd dies and starts packing it in.

I hope it's just me.

touchdownward
11-17-2008, 09:39 PM
Edman, I noticed the boo birds came out fairly early yesterday.

I guess fans are different now than they were in the 70s (for all teams). I think alot of it has to do with the price of tickets.
Of course, in those days, Lambert, mean Joe and Hamm would have climbed into the stands and personally silenced any boo birds. :chuckle:

HereWeGoSteelers219
11-17-2008, 09:42 PM
People need to learn how to get back to their seats before the 2nd half. Seriously about only 25% of the stands are filled for the kickoff.

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
11-17-2008, 09:46 PM
If I could afford to fly up there and go to a game, best believe my butt would be stuck to my seat!!!

iloveben7
11-17-2008, 09:53 PM
I agree with you. And yesterday they were all chanting when the offense was in the huddle-hello people you're supposed to be quiet-Ben's at work. Well it won't be like that when i'm there December 7th against the Cowgirls because I'll make everyone stand up. lol

Steel_Bus_24
11-17-2008, 10:13 PM
People need to learn how to get back to their seats before the 2nd half. Seriously about only 25% of the stands are filled for the kickoff.

I've noticed that since 2005....makes me mad

way to too much yellow from the seats at the start of the 2nd half

brick
11-17-2008, 10:16 PM
i noticed that too, you usually never see the actual seats at Heinz, it was weird

i thought the crowd has been fine this season at home, but i think a lot of it yesterday has to do with the fact that they were probably all still mad over the colts game last week which we pretty much gave away.

NJarhead
11-17-2008, 10:20 PM

65,050 fans all trying pee, then grab food and beer in 10 minutes (maybe even a smoke or two); Not that easy to accomplish unless you get a head start (the Steelers drive took us right to half-time yesterday).

X-Terminator
11-17-2008, 10:21 PM
Mom always told me that if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything. Therefore, I'm going to plead the 5th on this one.

I'm not going to get on the fans for not being back by the end of halftime, though. It's tough to get everything you need when you have only 12 minutes to do it and 60,000 other fans trying to do the same.

NJarhead
11-17-2008, 10:23 PM
Weren't we just voted the best fans in the NFL (again) like two weeks ago? Heinz Field still remains one of the toughest places to play.

Stlrs4Life
11-17-2008, 11:22 PM
I thought we were pretty good yesterday.

stillers4me
11-17-2008, 11:23 PM
I thought we were pretty good yesterday.

For Heinz Field. :chuckle:

I loved it when the grass was hanging off the Chargers helmets. :sofunny: