PDA

View Full Version : Some things never change - Like Joey Porter opening his big mouth

nojobny
11-18-2008, 12:12 AM
Dolphins' Porter says Miami, New England don't like each other
ESPN.com news services

Joey Porter is getting into trash-talk mode, and for the first time in a while, the game actually matters.

On the eve of the Miami Dolphins game against the New England Patriots, the linebacker said that there's no love lost between the teams.

"We don't like them," Porter said, according to The Associated Press. "They don't like us."

Porter leads the league in sacks for a Miami team that has won four games in a row. The Dolphins and Patriots are both 6-4, one game behind the first-place New York Jets in the AFC East.

Porter said that the Patriots have been disrespectful to the Dolphins the last two times the teams have met.

In Miami's September upset at New England, Porters said that the Dolphins' pregame stretching was interrupted by the Patriots walking through that part of the field.

"They let us know how they feel about us," Porter said, according to AP. "Then they start punting over our heads -- like, you want the whole 100-yard field? You don't do that."

Porter also said that the Patriots ran Laurence Maroney four straight times in the final two minutes of a December matchup with New England up 28-7. He thought quarterback Tom Brady would take a knee.

"I don't forget things like that," Porter said, according to AP. "I hope our whole defense and our whole team doesn't forget things like that."

Dolphins coach Tony Sparano downplayed the hype but said that the team knows that winning the division crown goes through New England.

"My message to the players is that if you walk through the door on Wednesday and your heart's not racing a million miles an hour, then you don't have a pulse," Sparano said, according to AP. "This is why we do what we do. We put ourselves in position to have a big game at home at the end of November. That's where we are. That being said, I don't think too much has to be said this week."

link (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3709818)

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
11-18-2008, 01:27 AM
I miss him. Imagine the carnage that Porter and Harrison would cause :banging:

The Patriot
11-18-2008, 05:39 AM
In Miami's September upset at New England, Porters said that the Dolphins' pregame stretching was interrupted by the Patriots walking through that part of the field.
:sofunny: Sounds like a blood fued.

SteelersMongol
11-18-2008, 12:58 PM
Stupid New England Pathetics. Now they're not only cheaters but also disrespectful dumb*ss idiots? Didn't they even learn a thing or two from the last season? I really hope Fins kick their silly *ss*s up & down the field. What kind of F*cking retards disrespect their opponents?

Hapa
11-18-2008, 01:53 PM
Some things never change- Like me loving Joey :sofunny:

TailgateMel
11-18-2008, 03:04 PM

I'm having trouble imagining it could be ANY more than the Harrison/Woodley combo we have right now!

I miss him for him winding everyone up... but I like what we have for linebackers! :drink:

NJarhead
11-18-2008, 03:11 PM
Dolphins' Porter says Miami, New England don't like each other
ESPN.com news services

Joey Porter is getting into trash-talk mode, and for the first time in a while, the game actually matters.

On the eve of the Miami Dolphins game against the New England Patriots, the linebacker said that there's no love lost between the teams.

"We don't like them," Porter said, according to The Associated Press. "They don't like us."

Porter leads the league in sacks for a Miami team that has won four games in a row. The Dolphins and Patriots are both 6-4, one game behind the first-place New York Jets in the AFC East.

Porter said that the Patriots have been disrespectful to the Dolphins the last two times the teams have met.

"They let us know how they feel about us," Porter said, according to AP. "Then they start punting over our heads -- like, you want the whole 100-yard field? You don't do that."

Porter also said that the Patriots ran Laurence Maroney four straight times in the final two minutes of a December matchup with New England up 28-7. He thought quarterback Tom Brady would take a knee.

"I don't forget things like that," Porter said, according to AP. "I hope our whole defense and our whole team doesn't forget things like that."

Dolphins coach Tony Sparano downplayed the hype but said that the team knows that winning the division crown goes through New England.

"My message to the players is that if you walk through the door on Wednesday and your heart's not racing a million miles an hour, then you don't have a pulse," Sparano said, according to AP. "This is why we do what we do. We put ourselves in position to have a big game at home at the end of November. That's where we are. That being said, I don't think too much has to be said this week."

link (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3709818)

Warren Sapp liked to do that to us too. He regretted it each time.

I love Joey Porter and I hope they all back him up on Sunday. :drink:

stlrtruck
11-18-2008, 03:13 PM
Warren Sapp liked to do that to us too. He regretted it each time.

I love Joey Porter and I hope they all back him up on Sunday. :drink:

Yeah isn't that suppose to be a penalty now? Refs must have been looking the other way for that one too.

NJarhead
11-18-2008, 03:16 PM
Yeah isn't that suppose to be a penalty now? Refs must have been looking the other way for that one too.

I guess crossing the "demilitarized zone" in the middle of the field is, but who's to stop them when they first come out?

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
11-18-2008, 04:42 PM
I'm having trouble imagining it could be ANY more than the Harrison/Woodley combo we have right now!

I miss him for him winding everyone up... but I like what we have for linebackers! :drink:

Are you kidding me? Porter is leading the league in sacs and is on track to break Strahans record for most sacs in a season. Can you imagine the terror having the #1 and #2 linebackers in the league competing against one another to destroy the quarterback?

beSteelmyheart
11-18-2008, 06:30 PM
Joey being Joey, God bless 'im! Bringin a touch of the Black n Gold attitude to a team that needs it desperately! I'm glad to see that he's doing well & since I'm in Florida I get to watch the games & will be cheering for him to kick some Cheatriot ass!:tt03:

pittsburghp8baller
11-18-2008, 06:50 PM

probably the same thing that Harrison and Woodley are doing, you know, the #1 Sack Duo in the NFL.

brick
11-19-2008, 01:53 AM
gotta love porter, still cracks me up with things he says, but the way he plays, he can talk the talk and walk the walk. i miss seein him in the black and gold

Galax Steeler
11-19-2008, 04:02 AM
He is never going to change Joey will always talk smack you gotta like him though.

T.Richardson
11-19-2008, 04:24 PM
One of the few who talks and backs it up.

jjpro11
11-20-2008, 01:00 AM
i hope he breaks strahan's sack record.. and i hope harrison does as well. :drink: